Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

I Hate To Love Him - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Hate To Love Him (41225 Views)

Ezinne Ukoha: "I Don’t Write About Racism Because I Hate White People" / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / New Story : Afraid To Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate To Love Him by Muhammedbashir(m): 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
This story is just getting my attention alway, Impatiently waiting 4 d rest updates abeg, dont keep us on pending. Waitin
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Mctosin(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
Common dnt keep us waiting update dis tin asap. Stop forming nollywood dear.

1 Like

Re: I Hate To Love Him by kaecyy(m): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Nyce one sosa . Good jab.
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
Chapter 23

lola's POV

As soon as I got to the school clinic I saw Danladi in the waiting room pacing back and forth.

my heart skipped.

I rushed to where he was and i held him. "whats wrong". I asked, jus then I looked around and I saw Noah.

I heaved a sigh of relief before returning my attention to Danladi.

" its Rose". he said.

I froze.

"what?.... what's wrong with her?"

"she slumped in the library".

I placed both hands on my head, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to scream but nothing came out. I Sat down on the floor and leaned on the wall.

A nurse walked up to me and told me to get a seat. I quickly stood up and sat next Noah and Danladi followed.

Few minutes later a doctor came out and danladi rushed to him. I just sat down, I was too scared to hear whatever he heard to say.

Danladi hit the wall with his fists and Noah rushed to him. I screamed and ran out of the clinic.I knew something had happened, something really bad. How could this happened, I thought.

Noah left Danladi and ran after me. He pulled me into his chest and I wept bitterly for what felt like eternity.......

Second semester had started and I was still a mess. A very big mess. Things had been so difficult for me, I couldn't sleep, eat normally or attend lectures.

Rose's death had been a big blow.

The first exam I ever wrote in the university would have been a disaster, thank God I had Noah. He was the one who helped me most of the time. call it malpractice, I don't care.

I got to know later that my best friend had died of a sudden adult syndrome, which was caused by an underlying heart condition.

Everything happened so fast and I never even got to tell her good bye. Not even a good bye would have been enough, but at least It would have been something.

We had made a pact when we were younger, to be very successful women no matter the obstacles.

Now she's gone. she never got the chance to do so many things...., she never got to graduate, she never even got to write her first exams in this university.

Noah had vowed to monitor me, I guess he was too scared I might hurt myself.I sobbed again when all those events flashed through my mind.

Noah pulled me closer when he saw the tears on my face.......

Noah's POV

I wiped the tears on her face. I hated seeing her hurt.
The way she cried broke my heart so much, it brought bad memories, ones I never ever want to remember.............

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate To Love Him by 360xclusive(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Drajanaku(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2016
Nice update, thanks. more inks to ur pen
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Muhammedbashir(m): 11:03am On Sep 26, 2016
Farewell to Rose
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Missmossy(f): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2016
So painful embarassed no wonder i often hear no one is too young to die. Still shocked Rose has died.

It won't be easy for Lola to get over it. Death is such an evil person. I hate him!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Hate To Love Him by smartoliver(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2016
crythis story just took an unfortunate twist..this is the least I expected..Death why?.so unfortunate..never knew a story on Nairaland will interest me like dis..I wan cry o
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Chapter 24

Noah's POV

"my dad killed my mum" I blurted. Lola pulled back and looked at me, she was obviously shocked.

I had always made sure I never mentioned anything about her to anyone, but I don't even know why I told her now, probably because I just felt this was the right time.

she continued staring at me wide-eyed and covered her opened mouth with her palm.

"what?" She finally removed her hands from her mouth."oh my God. Am so sorry Noah.." she said.

"i was only ten when he killed her, I heard her screams and I knew something was wrong, but I dare not confront my dad, it would've been another round of beating for me.
As I walked through the passage in our house, I saw my dad rushed out of the room and went out, he had already strangled her,i later got to why he killed her after his arrest,she found out he was having an affair and he has a child with the woman".

I could feel my anger.

Lola stared at me. she was mute all through.

" We used to live in portharcourt, I had to relocate.... and that why I live with my grandma".

"ohhh Noah am so sorry, I can't believe you went through all this at a tender age". she hugged me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate To Love Him by Drajanaku(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
tankx for the update
Re: I Hate To Love Him by lucasnas(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
grin cheesy angry lipsrsealed sad
Re: I Hate To Love Him by temmiesexy(f): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
NICE
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Gracemoimoi(f): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
pls continue, nice one
Re: I Hate To Love Him by rachealfst(f): 12:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Nice story, thanks for the update
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Godwinfriz(m): 6:59am On Sep 27, 2016
Classic
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Twinkle004(f): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2016
Dat s so sad,why does Rose hv 2 die naw....eya Lola sowi Sosa well done
Re: I Hate To Love Him by judemmesoma(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2016
my dear we are waiting
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Shakyroh320(f): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2016
Sosa where are u,cum update now,this break don long ooo,plzzz
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
chapter 25

lola's POV

"your eyes are puffy... wait... have you been crying?". Noah asked as he lifted my chin , he tried to examine my face but I pulled back.

" Am fine Noah". I answered and pushed his hand away.

He took my hand and led me out of the lecture room. "where are we going?"

He ignored me and kept dragging me. I was just not in any mood to hang out . I just wanted to go home , curl on my bed and cry my eyes out.

He suddenly stopped and looked at me "do you still hate me?".

I furrowed my eyebrows "Uhm .... no.. why would i?" I cocked my eyebrow, He shrugged. "Rita ish"

"that! am so over that, Noah. I just lost a friend, you don't expect me to keep jumping around". I replied and looked away. I was lonely but Noah wouldn't just understand that, he believed I just kept using Rose's death as a means to finally stay away from him.

He smiled and grabbed my hand again, which made me frown.

If only he knew how depressed I was. The pain of losing a friend forever, not been able to wake-up to see her again.

Noah nudged me and I jerked.

I had zoned out.

We both walked into my room. I tossed my bag to a corner and laid on my bed, I shut my eyes for few seconds and opened them again.

" why...are you staring at me?"

"I want us to hang out.... please don't tell no"

"ughhh wherek? " I let out a soft groan.

"anywhere you want".He replied.

He slumped on my bed and i cuddled up with him.

I kissed him for some time before laying back on his chest and drift off to sleep.

later in the evening.........

We both walked around the street quietly, Noah glanced at me a few times and finally broke the silence.

" Am I boring?". He asked.

I glanced back at him. " what....Uhm....no, why would you say that.....perfect", I put my phone at my back pocket. He shook his head and frowned, not uttering another word.

I guess he was angry at me.

We had both walked for about fifteen minutes and I had been mute all through. Noah had tried to start a conversation, but I just wasn't paying attention, I just kept pressing my phone.

I stopped him and looked into his eyes.

" Am sorry... Noah ...it's just..."

"if you are not feeling this... let's just go home" . He said.

I leaned in and gave him a kiss.

"I know everything is difficult for you right now, but that's why am here for you". He reassured me. He moved my braided hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead.

I looked at him and he gave me the most genuine smile I have ever seen.

"I think am in love with you". I muttered. He smiled . "what did you say?". He grinned at me and I looked away.

"Uhm.....nothing......we should go home". I suggested and we both walked back to my apartment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Love Him by elmogaji(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
what happened to danladi?
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Missmossy(f): 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Keep it coming!!! Thumbs up.
Re: I Hate To Love Him by Muhammedbashir(m): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nice 1. Very much interested 4 d rest. Kip d updates comin jhoor.
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2016
chapter 26

lola's Pov

The following day, I walked into the chemist to get some painkillers, and I saw Danladi. I greeted him but he replied coldly.

Now the thing is Danladi has been ignoring me ever since we lost Rose. He always kept to himself. I get the fact that it's difficult especially when you 're still at the grieving stage, but I just didn't get why he just kept pushing everyone away, well except Noah.

He dashed out of the chemist as soon as he got what he wanted, I followed suit and ran towards him. "hey, whatsup?".

" Am good". He avoided my eyes and just kept walking. I pulled him again, this time he jerked his hands away from me, and kept walking. I was surprised at his reaction.... I quickened my pace to catch up with him again. " Dan I get what you are going through.... but ..its ..not cool..you know acting all up".I said.

He stopped and looked at me. "what are you even saying". He frowned his face.

"I just .. you.... know...ok. who's that girl I have been seeing with you lately. Have you started seeing someone again?" I asked.

"Are you okay?".He snapped, looked at me one more time and walked away. I stood there and looked around to be sure no one else was looking. I was embarrassed at the way he reacted to me. I returned to the chemist to get my drugs and left for Moah's house.

"that guy is rude". I said.

Noah stopped pressing his phone and looked up. "He's grieving Lola, it's no big deal".

"he's not the only one who's grieving, I lost my best friend too, but I didnt jave to go around acting like a jerk to everyone". I exclaimed.

Noah smiled and dropped his phone, he leaned closer and curdled me. "people are different". He replied.

"besides have been seeing one girl like that with him". I grumbled.

"I guess he's moving on, everyone one has their healing process Lola.... that's he's own way. you have to respect that"

"yea I know, I just feel so..so bad he's avoiding me". I said.

" you probably remind him of Rose, he wants put all that behind him" . He suggested.

Maybe Noah's right, I thought.Everyone has their way of grieving.

I went into the kitchen to cook something. When I heard a familiar voice. I walked back into the room and saw Danladi. He acted like he didn't see me and just kept talking to Noah.

I called out to him, and he gave me a nod.

" Am sorry Dan, it was not in my place to question you about who you hang out with". I looked at him and he sighed.

He gave me a weak smile. " its okay. besides the girl isn't my girlfriend". He said.

Thank God, I thought.

I wanted Danladi to move on quite alright. but I just didn't think now was the time. it's only been few weeks and we needed to mourn our friend.

" Am leaving the country".He said and looked at me. Noah didn't say anything so I guessed he already knew before now.

I was dumbfounded. I cleared my throat. "Uhm ...really".

"yep! we should all hangout this night". He suggested. I stood up and hugged him. A small tear stained my cheeks, I wiped it away.

"Lola, I'll be visiting once in a while, my parents just wants me around them".He assured.

I drew back and smiled"ok...I'll miss you..I guess you are right, we should hang out". I agreed.

The
story is gradually coming to an end, I'll be posting all the chapters today. good morning to you all and happy independence.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate To Love Him by Drajanaku(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
Good update, thanks
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
chapter 27

lola's POV

We had just resumed the first semester of my second year in the university. Everything was a bit better now, Noah and I had gone out on a lots of dates, but I was still taking my time.

He had told me the previous day we were going to hang out, but this time it was going to be in his apartment and I agreed.

I walked into the bathroom and had a bath. I rushed out after few minutes and dried myself with my towel and used the perfume, applied some makeup and wore my dress.

I took my bag and head to Noah's place.

"thank God I have your keys, you would have kept me waiting outside". I rolled my eyes at him as he puts some nylon bags down.

"I thought I told you to call me before coming". He replied.

" you know....whatever". I rolled my eyes again. I unwrapped the nylon bag and took out the burger and ice cream he bought. I served him his own and ate mine.

As soon as he finished eating, he went into the bathroom and was out in seconds. He laid next to me and I leaned in. He cupped my face in his palm and kissed me on the lips.

I returned his kiss affectionately,he tasted so good, like mint. He pulled back and whispered.

"the only thing we do his kiss, and kiss. don't you like me?". He furrowed his eyebrows and I smirked.

I pulled him back and my eyes locked with his. My heart pounded so fast that I thought even Noah could hear it.

He looked so doubtful. I was crazy about him, if only he knew how much. I just wanted to be sure I was doing the right thing. And more than anything, i wanted to feel
him touch my body.

It became so unbearable for me, as my lips finally pressed against his soft ones. The warmth of his mouth sent a wave through my body.I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I broke the kiss and smiled at him. " Am in love with you, Noah. please don't just break my heart, i beg you....". My voice shook.

"I'll never hurt you. I promise". He whispered.

He reached for my spaghetti straps and slides it down my arms,next he unhooks my bra, revealing my breast. He wasted no time as he covered my tips with his mouth.

I gulped.

He rolled the tip of his tongue on it and gave it small bits at the same time. I let out a soft moan.

He pulled away from my breasts and removed my pants. He reached for my legs and spread it, making him lay in between them. He kissed the crook of my neck which made me whimper.

He stood up and undressed, I shut my eyes when I saw him harden. I was scared and anxious. I wanted this so bad, but I was still scared of so many things.

He laid on the bed and I slowly opened my eyes. "come on me". He said.

I spread my legs across his laps and closed my eyes again. Noah hugged me tight and resumed kissing me.... He drew back and teased my breast. He looked at me hungrily and I rolled my eyes. He simply smiled. He lifted a side of his bed and brought out a condom , and rolled it on his shaft.

He lifted me and pushed a part of him into me and I let out a sharp cry, his eyes widen "f**k don't tell me you are vir-".

"yes I ..I am..". I cried in pain."just go in" I said and held tightly to him as my nails dug into the back of his neck.

He placed his hands on my hips and plunged into me all of a sudden. I screamed and tried to get up, but he held on to my laps.He cupped my face with his palms and kissed me, with this he pulled out half way and pushed back again. He never stopped kissing ,he probably didn't want people to hear my cries.

He kept his slow pace as pushed in and out of me, although I felt a bit of pleasure, because I could feel myself moisten.,it was mostly pains.

Noah suddenly groaned and I felt him grow bigger in me. I let out a moan and his groan and pace increased. His breath became rough all of a sudden and then slowed down again.

He smiled and gently pulled himself out of me. I turned and backed him which made him lean closer to me, I felt his breath fan my neck as he whispered to me. "I'll never hurt you, I promise".

I turned and faced him"i hope you won't".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Love Him by Muhammedbashir(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
hummm, nice updates, is dat d end or more updates comin.
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
chapter 28

lola's POV

3years later.......

I looked to the left, there I saw a huge crowd sitting on
the chairs. It was difficult to spot my parents,at first, but after
I looked around I saw them.

They were on the 7th row. To my right were the school faculty. They looked all happy, so were most parents.

Of course, I sat in front of Noah, he woke up late, so I couldn't wait for him. He looked so good that I couldn't even focus on what was been said on the podium. I smiled at the idea of me finally becoming a quantity surveyor. All those years of writing assignments and exams was finally over. I was finally a graduate.

After about an hour, the event came to an end. As people rushed outside to the field.

Most people in laughed and jumped around , while some took pictures with their friends and family. I stood at the entrance of the hall and saw Noah . I managed to pull him and push him through the crowd so that we could take pictures.

"lola" I heard the familiar voice called, it was my mom. I rushed towards her and gave her a hug, she almost stumbled. she laughed and i cried on her shoulder.

I felt tears burn through my eyes as it threatened to stream down my face.

I controlled my emotions.

It was basically tears of joy though, but then again, I wished my best friend was here with me. I wish she was alive to witness this day. To be part of people who laughed around and hugged their families.

" Good afternoon sir" I heard Noah greet my dad, I pulled from my mum and saw Noah postrating for my dad. I giggled and pulled my mom.

"mum, you remember Noah" I asked her face changed immediately, as she frowned her face. I guess she remembered him, back when I was through with secondary school, I told my mum all the bad things Noah did to me. How He bullied me and turned everyone against me.

"he's my boyfriend" I whispered into her ear. Her face softened.

You see the thing was, I told mum about a guy who I fell in love with, but I always skipped the part where he was the same guy that bullied me in the past.

She pulled him into a hug, while i called a photographer and we all took pictures together.

The last chapter coming up soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate To Love Him by Twinkle004(f): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Am happy 4 Lola,finally letting Noah in & also feel sad cos of Rose which she was there 2
Re: I Hate To Love Him by sosa993: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
chapter 29

lola's POV

Well it's been four years after I graduated, things had been great. I got a great job, so did Noah.

He had called me like an hour ago to be sure if I was home. I had prepared some fried rice for him and kept watching a movie while I waited for him.

I heard the sound of my doorbell and I rushed to get the door. I hugged Noah as soon he entered and I kissed him. He smiled at me when we broke the kiss.

I pulled him towards the dinning table and served him his meal.

Five minutes later he was done with eating, he joined on the three-seater chair.

I caught him starring at me and I winked, he grinned and scratched the back of his neck.

what's up with him, I thought

I returned my attention to the movie, but I could still feel his eyes burn through the side of my face.

“What's wrong Noah" i said, curiously.

"Lola, I wanted everything to be perfect for.... for ..you ". He stuttered and I narrowed my eyes.

I stared at him,I was quiet and confused at the same time. Noah kept fumbling with his pocket, he just kept fidgettjng. I finally broke the silence "is everything okay?". I asked.

Noah didn't reply, instead he pulled a ring out from his pocket.

"lola,” Noah began, “I still remember when we were younger and I saw you for the first time in class,you sat alone that day, I could still remember you had this perfect tiny corn rows on your head, I was barely 12, but ihad always vowed I would talk to you that say, but I was too scared, you looked more matured than most of us...then when we finally spoke it was you standing up for Rose. I was so childish then you know... I had always wished things could just start over and I could tell you how I felt. I was a coward. Then I was given a second chance when we met again in the university, I guess we were probably meant to be together".

" it doesn't really matter Noah... I forgave you a long time ago". I cleaned the tears off my face.

" it matters Lola, because ever since the day I saw you. I had always imagined you being my girl forever.

I cried and shook my head.

" Lola you complete me… you are more like my other half, my partner in crime. you are that girl who forgave me even when I didn't deserve to be forgiven"

Noah stood up and got on one knee
began to cry and covered my mouth with one hand and allowed the tears to
fall down my cheeks. He reached for his pocket and brought out his handkerchief, I took it from him and dried my tears.

“lola ademola will you marry me?"

“Yes...yes..yes” I screamed . He slipped the ring on my finger and I pulled him into a hug.

You know to some people it wouldn't really make any sense,

me falling In love with someone I would term as a villain,a bully. but well people do change.

He was a villain who became my hero,

This is my story, or let's say our story.

The story of how I fell in love with my secondary school bully.

THE END.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate To Love Him by Muhammedbashir(m): 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
Woow, nice story, I fall 4 am abeg. Nice 1 Esosa
Re: I Hate To Love Him by LivinaPatrick(f): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
Well done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Love Is A Dangerous Game / Change : How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.