Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:22 AM

Love Is A Dangerous Game - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Dangerous Game (41117 Views)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 4:19am On Feb 22, 2019
I want to start by appreciating, friends and all Nairalanders for their interests, comments and buying my stories. I really appreciate you all. Remain blessed.

This is my latest story. Happy reading.

Love Is a Dangerous Game

© 2019. All rights reserved. No part of this story can be copied, printed or reproduced in any way without the express permission of the author.

Other books by the author:

The Sugar Mum

A Fatal Love

All enquiries can be sent to: lovetored604@gmail.com

Chapter One
Margaret woke up at five a.m. to prepare for the day. Thankfully, the electricity supply from PHCN was on. She put water in the electric kettle
and plugged it. She then brushed her teeth. By the time she finished doing so, the water was boiling. She always liked bathing with warm water in the morning. By six, she had finished dressing up. Her flat mate had not woken up. Lara always took her time in doing that. With her small traveling bag, Maggie took one more look at her room, locked the place and left the flat.

She took the traveling bag along, for she intended to travel to Port Harcourt later that day. She went to Ikeja bus stop to take a commercial bus to Palm Groove. The law chamber she worked for was at Shyllon Street. She liked to get to work on time and before eight, she was at her desk. By nine a.m., Barrister Shakiru, the head of the chamber called her to his office.

'Morning, sir,' she greeted him, though she had earlier seen and exchanged pleasantries with him.

'Morning, Mag,' he replied, smiling. 'Hope all is well.'

'Yes, no problem, sir.'

He cleared his throat. 'That Port Harcourt trip will not be today again,' he informed. 'The workshop scheduled to start tomorrow has been postponed indefinitely.'

'Ops.' She felt deflated. 'And I'm really ready for it.'

'It's okay,' he said, trying to cheer her up. 'We have not yet booked the ticket for the flight. But no problem, you will still go anytime they decide to hold the workshop again.'

She brightened up and smiled. 'It's okay. Thank you, sir.'

‘You’re welcome.’

She got up and went back to her office to continue her work.

By four o'clock, the office would close for business. She was surprised that Tony, her sweetheart had not even called her since morning.

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 22, 2019
Present and following

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 10:08am On Feb 22, 2019
I'm on time for the journey of this story.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
LightQueen:
Present and following

aprilwise:
I'm on time for the journey of this story.

You are welcome.

The story continues ...

By four o'clock, the office would close for business. She was surprised that Tony, her sweetheart had not even called her since morning. She had told him she would be taking the late afternoon flight to Port Harcourt, and normally, he would have called her to ask how things were going. Maybe he intended to do so in the evening when he hoped he might have arrived in Port Harcourt. Few minutes after four o'clock when she finally decided to close, she decided rather than calling him, she would give him a surprise visit at his Ilupeju residence. Even if he had not returned from work, she could access the house as she had a spare key to the place.

She packed the files she was working on and put them in 'pending' tray. She then unplugged her smart phone from the charger, put it and her other personal effects into her handbag and left the office. She took a cab to Olowogbowo Street, Off Coker Road. That was where Tony lived. The time was almost five when she got to the gate of his residence. The mallam that served as the 'mai guard' greeted her jovially on sighting her.

'Madam kekere, you're welcome,' he greeted, showing his not-so-well denture in a smile.

'Well-done, Yakubu,' she replied.

She entered the compound and went to the staircase. Tony's two-bedroom flat was the one to the right on the first floor. As she neared the door, she could hear music coming from the living-room. That meant he was around. She opened the sitting-room door and the wave of hip-hop music blaring from the Aiwa sound system hit her. On the center table was a half-empty bottle of wine. What was he celebrating, and where was he?

Then, she paused and looked at the table again. There were two glasses there. Who was ...? Before she could complete the question in her mind, she saw a lady's handbag tucked somewhere on the sofa. A lady? Who could that be? Where was he, or rather, where was he and the lady?

Instinctively, she made for his bedroom. She knocked once, turned the knob and entered the room. Her fears were confirmed. The owner of the handbag was not a niece or any other relative. She was a lover who had come for passion exploration. They were naked and he was right on top of her, making passionate love.

'Tony!' she let out her shock, consternation and anger - all rolled into one.

He too was shocked to see her, too shocked that though he stopped the gyrating he was doing on top of his partner, he remained immobile and incapable of taking any further action.

In a jiffy, Margaret decided on what to do. She picked her handbag which had slipped out of her hand when she exclaimed, took one disdainful look at the copulating duo, and left the room. That was it!

She had caught him not just pants down, but pants off! So, this was what he was doing anytime she told him she was traveling out of Lagos? He could not just hold the 'thing' just for a couple of days until she would return. He could not be faithful in little things such as keeping one partner at a time.

Yet, this was the very man she was planning to spend the rest of her life with! This treacherous and perfidious partner! Shame on him. Shame on him and that worthless lady he was frolicking with.
Margaret stormed out of his apartment, walked down to Coker Road and took another cab back to her Ikeja apartment.

About the story:

Total Chapters: 10

Number of words: 30,887

Pages: 112

Available for N100 at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

Read some other stories: https://thrillplus..com/

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2019
Few minutes to four o'clock, Lara decided to apply some make-up to her face to give herself a face-lift. She always liked to look fresh and comely. She stared at the pretty face the small hand mirror reflected and decided that she was not bad looking at all. Just then, Jide Balogun came into her office.

'Lara baby, how're you?' he said as a way of greeting

'Good day, Mister Balogun,' she returned.

'I've told you to drop the 'mister' title. Just Jide will be okay.'

She nodded but did not say anything. It was true that he had made amorous overtures to her many times in the past. But it was also true that
she had rebuffed each of the efforts he made. He had told her times without numbers that she was not interested, but the man could be
recalcitrant as he claimed found Lara irresistible. He said he was really interested in marrying her as his wife. At thirty-eight, he said he could
not indulge in any wasteful chase of a lady again and that he really desired to have her as his wife.

Lara was not impressed. After the misadventure she had with Alex, Lara had vowed never to fall for any married man again. She had realized
that giving love to a married man would lead to one thing: heart ache. Naively, she had believed that she was in love with Alex and that he was
in love with her.

His reconciliation with his estranged wife put an end to her pipe dream. Now, Jide was cruising the same course. He said he had decided he
would not reconcile with his wife whom he had sent packing from the house. No matter the sweet tongue he used, she would not be persuaded.

'You still have doubts about my words, don't you?' he asked.

'It's not about doubt,' Lara replied. 'It's about interest. I've told you I'm not interested.'

He stared at her briefly. 'And there's no way I can persuade you?'

'You've tried that already.'' She shook her head. 'Sorry, I'm not interested.' She zipped up her bag and stood up. 'It's time to go home.'

'Okay. Good night then.' He left her office. She was almost moved to pitying him, but, hey, she stopped on time. Pity was not the same as love
and could never alternate love. She must not make that mistake or fall for that trap. She left the office and took the staircase down from the
third floor. Smartly, she worked to the main gate of the giant secretarial complex and joined some other workers who had closed for the day in
exiting the complex.

She crossed to the other side of the road to take a bus going to Ikeja round about. Thirty minutes later, she was in her apartment. When she
attempted to unlock the door, she realized that it had already been unlocked. Her flat mate, Maggie, was supposed to have travelled. Did that
mean she did not?

Lara pushed the door open and stepped inside the sitting-room. She saw Maggie sitting down and staring at the ceiling.

'Maggie, dear. You didn't travel to Port Harcourt again? What happened?'

It took Maggie some seconds to respond and a closer look at her showed that something was seriously amiss.

'My God, your eyes are swollen up! What happened?' She sat by the side of her friend and looked at her anxiously.

Maggie sighed. 'It's Tony,' she replied.

'What happened to him?'

'I just realized that he's useless, just like many other guys.'

Lara's face clouded. 'How?'

Read full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

[b]Read other interesting stories at[/b]: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2019
Ok....lets get this thing moving on

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 10:43am On Feb 23, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by FairCritic(m): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2019
LoveToRead:
Few minutes to four o'clock, Lara decided to apply some make-up to her face to give herself a face-lift. She always liked to look fresh and comely. She stared at the pretty face the small hand mirror reflected and decided that she was not bad looking at all. Just then, Jide Balogun came into her office.

'Lara baby, how're you?' he said as a way of greeting

'Good day, Mister Balogun,' she returned.

'I've told you to drop the 'mister' title. Just Jide will be okay.'

She nodded but did not say anything. It was true that he had made amorous overtures to her many times in the past. But it was also true that
she had rebuffed each of the efforts he made. He had told her times without numbers that she was not interested, but the man could be
recalcitrant as he claimed found Lara irresistible. He said he was really interested in marrying her as his wife. At thirty-eight, he said he could
not indulge in any wasteful chase of a lady again and that he really desired to have her as his wife.

Lara was not impressed. After the misadventure she had with Alex, Lara had vowed never to fall for any married man again. She had realized
that giving love to a married man would lead to one thing: heart ache. Naively, she had believed that she was in love with Alex and that he was
in love with her.

His reconciliation with his estranged wife put an end to her pipe dream. Now, Jide was cruising the same course. He said he had decided he
would not reconcile with his wife whom he had sent packing from the house. No matter the sweet tongue he used, she would not be persuaded.

'You still have doubts about my words, don't you?' he asked.

'It's not about doubt,' Lara replied. 'It's about interest. I've told you I'm not interested.'

He stared at her briefly. 'And there's no way I can persuade you?'

'You've tried that already.'' She shook her head. 'Sorry, I'm not interested.' She zipped up her bag and stood up. 'It's time to go home.'

'Okay. Good night then.' He left her office. She was almost moved to pitying him, but, hey, she stopped on time. Pity was not the same as love
and could never alternate love. She must not make that mistake or fall for that trap. She left the office and took the staircase down from the
third floor. Smartly, she worked to the main gate of the giant secretarial complex and joined some other workers who had closed for the day in
exiting the complex.

She crossed to the other side of the road to take a bus going to Ikeja round about. Thirty minutes later, she was in her apartment. When she
attempted to unlock the door, she realized that it had already been unlocked. Her flat mate, Maggie, was supposed to have travelled. Did that
mean she did not?

Lara pushed the door open and stepped inside the sitting-room. She saw Maggie sitting down and staring at the ceiling.

'Maggie, dear. You didn't travel to Port Harcourt again? What happened?'

It took Maggie some seconds to respond and a closer look at her showed that something was seriously amiss.

'My God, your eyes are swollen up! What happened?' She sat by the side of her friend and looked at her anxiously.

'What happened to him?'

Read full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

[b]Read other interesting stories at[/b]: https://flavortales..com/

Nice work, brother.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 24, 2019
Well done Op
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:35am On Feb 25, 2019

'What happened to him?'

'I was told in the office that the PH trip would not be again. Somehow, I wasn't able to communicate with him to let him know that I did not
travel again. On impulse, I decided to go straight to his residence when I closed from work; to surprise him, you know. On getting there, I
caught him banging a lady. I caught them right in the act.'

Lara's right hand went to her mouth. 'Gosh, you mean Tony could do that? Tony, of all people?'

'Yes, Tony of all people. That was the same guy who told me he would die without me.'

'Chei, this is serious. But, why did he do that? Why are men like that?'

'Those are the questions. I could not believe Tony could do that. I could not believe it.'

Lara mused for some time. 'Well, it's okay. Take it easy. Life sometimes comes with disappointment. I know it's not easy, but we just have to
learn from our experience and move on. It's not the end of life. I'm sure you'll get over it.'

Maggie nodded. 'Thank you, Lara. Thank you my dear friend.'

Tony remained stiff even seconds after Maggie left his flat. The shock of her coming made him to be speechless. Gosh, he thought she would be
in Port Harcourt! What was she doing in Lagos? Why hadn't she called to inform him that the trip would not be again? He got up from the bed.
His manhood had gone limp anyway.

'And where're you going?' Cynthia, his partner asked. 'Come and finish what you've started.'

He wore his boxer and moved to the sitting-room. He felt bad to be caught right in the act. It was true he had Cynthia as a girlfriend, but
Maggie was still 'precious' to him and he wouldn't mind settling down with her. He had been playing the game smartly. Until now.

'Now, what's all this about?' Cynthia was saying. She had the bed spread wrapped round her body and had come to meet him in the sitting-
room.

'Why're you treating me like this? What does she have that I don't have?'

'You don't understand,' he muttered.

'What is there to understand? You can't just leave me high and dry, just like that.' She held his hand. 'O ya, let's go and continue from where
we stopped.'

He didn't need much persuasion. The deed had been done, anyway. He followed Cynthia back to the bedroom to resume the suspended action.
Cynthia gave everything to him without holding any back. She held her thighs high, wiggled her waist, thrust her hips and made the necessary
moans of pleasure, all in bids to make him know that she really desired him.

She was very virile sexually and had much more sexual appeal, compared with Maggie. But despite this 'sexiness', Tony still preferred Maggie
to her.

So, why had he not stuck to Maggie? Why did he allow unbridled lust to goad him into this? He decided he just must have Maggie back, even if
it meant he would have to 'dump' Cynthia.

Get the full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

Read more stories: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 7:44am On Feb 25, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
Tony want to eat his cake and have it. Thanks
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by mariopepper(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
fully agree, thank's dor updating by the way
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:55am On Feb 27, 2019
The following day, during break hour, Jide surprised Lara with special lunch. One of The following day in the office one of the cleaners had come to meet her with a small plastic basket the contained a pack of fried rice and chicken, a bottle of water, a pack of fruit juice and a bottle of wine.

'Mr. Balogun said I should give these to you,' the cleaner said.

Lara shook her head. 'There must be a mistake. It can't be me.'

'It's you,' the woman insisted. 'Or are you not Miss Lara?'

Lara was nonplussed. Why would Jide Balogun be doing this? Had she not told him that she did not want any cozy
relationship with him? Instead of divorcing his estranged wife as he had been threatening, had she not told him to find means of reconciling with her? So, why all these?

'I can't accept them,' she declared.

The woman was aghast. 'What?'

'Tell him I cannot accept them.'

'But ... '

'But what? Please take the basket back to him.'

The woman had no choice that to return the basket with everything in it, untouched. Yes, she needed a man in her life, but she was no longer desperate. Besides, she did not want her heart to be toyed with again. She would rather wait until the real Mr. Right came along. A minute after the woman left, Jide himself came in.

'Why did you have to disgrace me like that, Lara?' he fumed.

'I did not disgrace anybody, Mr. Balogun.'

'Of course, you did. You disgraced me. The manner you rejected what I offered you said it all.'

'I was polite in rejecting it. You can ask the woman that brought it.'

He shook his head and stormed out of her office. Now, what did that mean? Can't a lady reject an offer again? Must she accede to his request?

For the umpteenth time, Tony called Margaret's line. The phone rang on and on.

For the umpteenth time, she took one look at the caller ID and refused to pick the call.
He was not happy she was not picking his call, but what did he expect? He wished he would pick it so that he would explain to her why he did what he did.

But what explanation did he really have to offer? He had none, except to plead with her that he was truly sorry and such a thing would not happen again. Truly, he was sorry. He had been covetous, indeed.

On her part, Maggie was really mad at him. If he could not be trusted for her short absence, how could he be trusted for a long one? Just few hour after she was supposed to have traveled and he was already on top of another lady. If she should be gone for weeks, on how many ladies would he climb?

She had made him to understand that she was in for a serious relationship and needed a serious guy. If jumping from one lady to another was his idea of 'seriousness', then the earlier she looked for another lover, the better.

That morning, Maggie went to State court at Ikeja for a case hearing, but by three-thirty p.m., she was back in her office at Palm Grove. She still had about thirty minutes to do some paperwork before she closed for the day. She was going through some legal documents when the receptionist called her office line.

Get full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

Read more stories at: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
Here comes Tony

Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
That morning, Maggie went to State court at Ikeja for a case hearing, but by three-thirty p.m., she was back in her office at Palm Grove. She still had about thirty minutes to do some paperwork before she closed for the day. She was going through some legal documents when the receptionist called her office line.

'Mr. Irabor is here to see you, Miss Margaret.'

Her brows immediately creased into a frown. That was Tony. What else did he want? Had he not satisfied his lusts? Had he not taken on the lady of his dream?

'Tell him I'm very busy. He should come back later.' The receptionist could have sworn she was not hearing properly.

'Excuse me?'

'Tell him to go away,' Maggie snapped, almost bawling.

'I'm referring to Mr. Tony Irabor,' the receptionist reiterated.

Maggie told herself to calm down. She breathed in deeply.

'I know,' she said slowly. 'Tell Mr. Irabor that I'm very busy and he should come back tomorrow.'

With that, she cut the line. She could understand the receptionist's perplexity. Tony had never been treated so disdainfully before. Maggie went
back to her work. When it was twenty minute after four, she decided she had done enough for the day. She picked up her bag and left the office. At the reception, the lady there had closed and had left. The medium-sized flat screen television was still on and a guest was staring at it. It was Tony. He grinned sheepishly at her and stood up.

'Hello, Maggie darling,' he greeted. She ignored him and moved towards the exit door. He held her hand.

'Please, Margaret. I'm sorry that happened. It was never intended, and I'm so sorry it happened.'

'Leave me alone. Since she's better, go and meet her and leave me alone.'

'See, Maggie, it was all the work of the devil. I promise you such a thing won't happen again.' To her surprise, right there at the reception, he
went on his knees.

'You men always blame the devil. As at the time you're enjoying the act, you won't remember the devil, but the moment you're caught and
you're to face the consequence, then the devil becomes the culprit.'

'Really, it's the work of the devil,' he argued. 'Just look at it. You've got all that a man needs. You have beauty and you combine that with brain.
Why then should I look elsewhere for satisfaction, when I've got all that I need? Therefore, it must be the work of the devil.'

She shook her head. 'And you expect me to believe all these yarns?'

'But, it's the truth, my dear. It's the truth.'

She appeared mollified a bit. 'Anyway, first and foremost, get up from your feet.'

'Am I forgiven?' he asked with an avidity of a school boy.

'You need to get up from your feet. How d'you imagine anyone that enters and see you like this will feel?'

Read full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 8:15am On Mar 05, 2019
Humans always blame the devil for their evil deeds.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 8:42am On Mar 05, 2019
When devil sidown im own, na dem dey go find im trouble. Radaada

OP tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
skubido:
When devil sidown im own, na dem dey go find im trouble. Radaada

OP tanks for the update

See as he dey lie put on top devil head

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ann2012:

See as he dey lie put on top devil head

Abi uno dey see the yeye fowl ni

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 6:37am On Mar 06, 2019
She appeared mollified a bit. 'Anyway, first and foremost, get up from your feet.'

'Am I forgiven?' he asked with an avidity of a school boy.

'You need to get up from your feet. How d'you imagine anyone that enters and see you like this will feel?'

'Let them feel whatever they want to feel. I'm begging my love to have a forgiven heart, and there's no crime in that.'

She sighed. 'Alright, you're forgiven, but on one condition. Before I tell you that, stand up.'

He broke into a smile. 'Thank you for forgiving me. You'll see that such a thing will not happen again.' He stood up and dusted the dusts from his trousers.

'So, what condition is that, my dear?'

The cleaner appeared with the mopping stick. Maggie exited the reception with Tony on her heels. He preceded her to his car, unlocked it,
opened the passenger door for her - like a real gentleman - before sliding behind the steering-wheel.

'Let's go to my place,' he said. 'I have a surprise waiting for you there.'

Chapter Two

'You've not heard the condition,' she pointed out.

'Oh, yes, the condition,' he said wistfully. 'What could be the condition?'

Again, she took a deep breath. 'The condition is simple. If you are ever unfaithful again, don't even bother to beg. Just forget about me. There'll never be any reconciliation between us.'

His face glistened in excitement. 'Is that all? It that all to the condition? I agree. I whole-heartedly agree.'

'It's easier said than done,' she reminded him.

'But, I'll keep this one,' he averred. 'You'll see that I'll keep it.'

He drove to his residence. Within fifteen minutes, he was parking at the parking lot of the house. They went to his flat.

'So, where's the surprise you have for me?'

He came to her. 'Close your eyes, my dear.'

She did, wondering what he was up to. He led her inside his bedroom.

'Alright, you can open your eyes now.'

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by skubido(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 5:40am On Mar 07, 2019
He came to her. 'Close your eyes, my dear.'
She did, wondering what he was up to. He led her inside his bedroom.

'Alright, you can open your eyes now.'

She opened her eyes and stared at the items he had displayed on his bed. There were three designer's bras, three flowered-patterned panties, a bottle of perfume, a small box of 18 carat gold, Cartier wrist watch, another small box containing a set of rings, and an I-phone.

'All for you,' he said as she stared at them.
She was all smiles.

'For real?'

'Of course, for real. They're just for you.'

She examined them one by one. 'They are all beautiful,' she said.

'Yes, just as you are.'

She picked one of the bras and placed it across her bust. 'It's my size.'

He grinned. 'Of course. I know your size.'

Then, he looked at her curiously. 'But, perhaps you have to try it on to be sure it's your real size.'

She grinned. She knew what he meant. 'You want me to try it on now?'

He nodded. 'Now, will be a perfect time, my dear.'

'Okay, just a minute.' She quickly went through the remaining items, nodding approvingly.

'They're all beautiful,' she said, half to herself.

Carefully, she put the items in her handbag.

'Thanks so much, Tony. I really appreciate all you've done.'

He nodded. 'Anything for my darling Margaret. But you forgot to try one of the bras on.'

She smiled expansively. 'I don't really have to try it on. I know it's my size.'

'Really? How could you be so sure?'

'Okay, what I'll do is this: I'll remove the one I'm wearing right now and show it to you, so that you'll know they are the same size.'

He beamed at her. 'That idea is a most welcome one.'

'Okay, let me show you.' She removed the black jacket she was wearing; removed the white shirt and was now only clad in a white bra at the chest region.

'Well, you can see now that it's the same size, right?' She smiled at him.

He shook his head. 'I'm sorry, I can't see it very well. You have to completely remove it before I can.'

She feigned being confounded. 'You mean you can't see well like this?'

'I'm sorry, no, I can't. Not until everything is removed.'

She smiled again. 'Okay.' She unstrapped the bra and removed it. Deliberately, she threw the bra to his face, smiling. He caught it, stared at it briefly and stared at her bust.

'I deserve a distinction mark for my choice,' he muttered as he grabbed her boobs. He reassessed her sizes from her bust to her waist and her hips. As he explored all the body parts, he had no doubt that he was certain about the sizes.

He did not let her go until few minutes to nine in the night, after they had satisfied each other.

'I'll drive you home,' he offered.

'Oh, you're such a darling.'

He drove her to Ikeja and he held her left hand even as he drove as if their love had just been rejuvenated all over again. Lara was watching a love drama on the t.v when Maggie breezed inside the flat.

'Hello, there,' she greeted Lara. The latter immediately sensed the conviviality in the tone and the mood of her friend.

'Maggie, dear, what's up?' Lara said.

'Goodness.'

Lara stared at her friend. 'Oh, dear, I can't wait to hear the good news. Spill it out, baby.'

'I've been with Tony,' Maggie said. She said it as if she had been with the Duke of Edinburgh.

Read full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/love_is_a_dangerous_game/26006

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2019
The Duke part funny tho...good work

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2019
Hmmmm, Maggie be wise

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by LoveToRead: 8:53am On Mar 08, 2019
He drove her to Ikeja and he held her left hand even as he drove as if their love had just been rejuvenated all over again. Lara was watching a love drama on the t.v when Maggie breezed inside the flat.

'Hello, there,' she greeted Lara. The latter immediately sensed the conviviality in the tone and the mood of her friend.

'Maggie, dear, what's up?' Lara said.

'Goodness.'

Lara stared at her friend. 'Oh, dear, I can't wait to hear the good news. Spill it out, baby.'

'I've been with Tony,' Maggie said. She said it as if she had been with the Duke of Edinburgh.

'Oh, really? You mean Tony is back?'
'Yes.’

'Tell me something. It's good to hear that.'

'Yes, o. And I've been having a nice time with him.'

'Yes, I can see that. I can see the excitement all over you.'

Maggie smiled jovially. 'He seriously apologized for his misdeed.'

'Hmn, hmn.'

'And promised such a thing will never happen again.'

'I hope he keeps to his promises.'

'I've told him that if I ever catch him doing such nonsense again, he should know that it is forever over between us.'

Lara nodded. 'That is it. Good thing to say.'
'Anyway, to appease me, see what he bought.' Maggie opened her handbag and brought out all the items Tony had given her.

'All these? He tried o.' Lara's eyes went to the box of wrist watch. She opened it and examined the watch.

'Wow! This is nice. This is solid gold.'

'You're telling me.'

'Ah, lucky you.'

Maggie stopped the smile. 'I just hope he'll stop his flirting. I can't stand it.'

Lara nodded and agreed with her friend.

After dropping Maggie, Tony drove back to Ilupeju. He was happy to have Maggie back. He had begged her and had even gone on his knees, just to have her back.

He intended to keep to his words of stopping extra relationship with any other lady. Indeed, he wanted to keep to his promise, but how to do that was the problem.

He got back to his residence at few minutes to ten and was surprised that Cynthia was already waiting for him.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by aprilwise(m): 11:02am On Mar 08, 2019
Some promises are hard to keep. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by izaray(f): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
aprilwise:
Some promises are hard to keep. Nice one
Lol, what is so difficult to keep there Just talk say the thing dey una blood tongue
Re: Love Is A Dangerous Game by Ann2012(f): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
izaray:
Lol, what is so difficult to keep there Just talk say the thing dey una blood tongue

Lolz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Short Story Competition / Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.