Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912420 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by aubreyr: 7:57am On Nov 12, 2016
Hello,
Please does Canada immigration allow you to carry Ogi/Pap and also can you carry knorr chicken? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2016
Hello nairalanders, please I need your opinions. My childhood friend was denied her Canadian visa yesterday based only on travel history. She applied for visiting, and she has travelling experience to the UK and Ghana. Please, why is this so and what can be done? Thanks for your anticipated feedback.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 12, 2016
Kuulme:
Hello nairalanders, please I need your opinions. My childhood friend was denied her Canadian visa yesterday based only on travel history. She applied for visiting, and she has travelling experience to the UK and Ghana. Please, why is this so and what can be done? Thanks for your anticipated feedback.

Travel history is rarely a stand alone reason for rejection.

You friend did not tell you the complete story.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Rfactor: 9:34am On Nov 12, 2016
hi, Thanks for ur intended assistance, pls i need to make some payment but ur number is not going tru. u cam mail me on badewumi1986@gmail.com........looking forward to ur response

raskid:
I asked a question nobody replied me. Any way, anybody coming to Fanshawe college this January and don't have a place to stay holla at me I will give you 2weeks free accomodation. And after that you can find your way. Note: am not looking for a roommate, just wanna help because of my experience when I first got here some months back. And if you wanna make any payment I can help you but not free. 2264562449. Messages only cos am mostly busy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 12, 2016
Kuulme:
1. Confirm if she used a new passport and did not attach an old one carrying the visa stickers and immigration stamps.
2. Confirm if there are other reasons aside of travel history; not like its not possible but very unlikely its just travel history.
3. Is there an invitation from a family or just tourist staying in a hotel?
The confirmations above will help show direction on any advise to be given.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2016
Sexyqueen2:

Travel history is rarely a stand alone reason for rejection.

You friend did not tell you the complete story.

My dear, I saw it with my two eyes, that's why I am so confused! Because, am just wondering what could possibly have gone wrong?!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by amaragrace94: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2016
I've been silent here, though got discouraged and moved on with life, I applied for study visa since 25th of may and yet, no medicals....nothing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluine56(m): 10:36am On Nov 12, 2016
amaragrace94:
I've been silent here, though got discouraged and moved on with life, I applied for study visa since 25th of may and yet, no medicals....nothing
Wow that's 5months and counting
Hope you've sent a mail (case specific enquiry) to CIC?
Don't even give up yet. You never know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 11:34am On Nov 12, 2016
Folaroyal:

1. Confirm if she used a new passport and did not attach an old one carrying the visa stickers and immigration stamps.
2. Confirm if there are other reasons aside of travel history; not like its not possible but very unlikely its just travel history.
3. Is there an invitation from a family or just tourist staying in a hotel?
The confirmations above will help show direction on any advise to be given.
Firstly She attached the old passport that carries the immigration stamps and stickers, secondly, that was the only reason given, and thirdly, it's as a tourist staying in a hotel.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cribking1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello Great People,

I am David by name. I really need your kind advice on how to go about my Visa application. I used GVC to gain admission into two colleges in Ontario and GVC has also requested me to come to their office in Lagos for account boosting and other documents but I am bit skeptical in using their documents and boosting based on what I have heard from the previous applicants who used them for boosting and documentation, whereby the VO noticed they used agent due to similarities of documents. Now, my sponsor is my Uncle in the UK who bears same surname with me, he will be paying my first semester tuition fees next week directly from UK. I don't know if it is advisable I request from him sponsorhip letter, statement of account and affidavit of support and use them for my visa application instead of GVC documents .

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by EsthyTobi: 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
Please I'm new here,i'll like to know if I can find any graduate student in Alberta University or any student resuming for winter2017. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by eridemilade: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
boladan:
VFS Lagos number : 08150199900

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
Kuulme:

Firstly She attached the old passport that carries the immigration stamps and stickers, secondly, that was the only reason given, and thirdly, it's as a tourist staying in a hotel.
My advice.... if you can; please apply again but this time.. you'll need to write a strong letter of explanation (LoE) ... start the letter by explaining how unhappy you are that after clearly showing evidence of travel history on your passport you were not considered on that same reaso....then continue by detailing reasons you want to travel..... why the trip is important.... why you chose Canada and not any other.... how long you will be staying.... assuring them you will return after the trip.... pointing out your ties to Nigeria (work, parents, children, spouse).... and write that you are able to finance you trip and other expenses in canada without recourse to public funds.
They should... without doubt give you a fair consideration this time. Only that......unlike the USA they will usually prefer family visits than a complete tourist.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
Folaroyal:

My advice.... if you can; please apply again but this time.. you'll need to write a strong letter of explanation (LoE) ... start the letter by explaining how unhappy you are that after clearly showing evidence of travel history on your passport you were not considered on that same reaso....then continue by detailing reasons you want to travel..... why the trip is important.... why you chose Canada and not any other.... how long you will be staying.... assuring them you will return after the trip.... pointing out your ties to Nigeria (work, parents, children, spouse).... and write that you are able to finance you trip and other expenses in canada without recourse to public funds.
They should... without doubt give you a fair consideration this time. Only that......unlike the USA they will usually prefer family visits than a complete tourist.

Really?(concerning the family visit) Ok, thanks for your advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
Cribking1:
Hello Great People,

I am David by name. I really need your kind advice on how to go about my Visa application. I used GVC to gain admission into two colleges in Ontario and GVC has also requested me to come to their office in Lagos for account boosting and other documents but I am bit skeptical in using their documents and boosting based on what I have heard from the previous applicants who used them for boosting and documentation, whereby the VO noticed they used agent due to similarities of documents. Now, my sponsor is my Uncle in the UK who bears same surname with me, he will be paying my first semester tuition fees next week directly from UK. I don't know if it is advisable I request from him sponsorhip letter, statement of account and affidavit of support and use them for my visa application instead of GVC documents .

Thanks
Why do you want to use an agent when you have a relative who can provide those requirements... pls take all the advantages you can with your uncle and be detailed.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
Kuulme:

Really?(concerning the family visit) Ok, thanks for your advice
I recently had a close experience of a friend's mum... which i shared sometime ago on this thread... hers was travel history too but not as a stand alone reason. It happened that the guys at the vfs office did not allow her drop the old passport that contained her usa and uk visas.... we put up a letter and attached the old passport in a new application the following week. She got 5yrs trv some weeks after.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by obasiete: 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello house, please how do i confirm canada visit visa? my family member got a visa we want to confirm its real. make una help me na
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
obasiete:
Hello house, please how do i confirm canada visit visa? my family member got a visa we want to confirm its real. make una help me na
Boss.. i am as confused as scared... did they bring the visa to the person at home auto ni or how did it happen?
There must have been a process already before you talk about securing a visa!
I am sure a lot of us must have read your query but lost at how best to answer...
Meanwhile, there's really no VO on this thread to ascertain that unless you want to go to canadian high commission at anifowose in Victoria Island.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
@ justwise, I appreciate what you did some hours back. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
bosypumpin:
@ justwise, I appreciate what you did some hours back. Thanks.

I did a lot hours back..please which one are you referring to? grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
Kuulme:

My dear, I saw it with my two eyes, that's why I am so confused! Because, am just wondering what could possibly have gone wrong?!

She should order for her gcms notes. You'd see the real reason for refusal. Don't just assume the refusal is based solely on travel history. Travel history is rarely a sole ground for refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
yemdogg:

She should order for her gcms notes. You'd see the real reason for refusal. Don't just assume the refusal is based solely on travel history. Travel history is rarely a sole ground for refusal.
All that came with the envelope was a slip were only travel history was marked! Which one is gcms note?(I don't understand)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OGreene: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Nony1:
Thank you all for congratulating me.

This forum is changing lifes for good. A very big thank you to the originator of this group and to us all for our contributions. This forum is really an indication that there are Nigerians interested in contributing to National development.

The documents I submitted are:

All Cic forms
Letter of acceptance
Letter of scholarship award(16k)
Dads Statement of account (1.6M)
Letter of financial support
Affidavit of support
Birth certificate of siblings and parents
Statement of purpose
Ielts result
University of Cambridge advanced level certificate
Senior secondary school certificate
Certificate of participation in Nanotechnology : global perspective organised by Lincoln University Missouri USA
Cv
Undergraduate statement of result
Transcript
My birth certificate
Prayers
Giving
Thanksgiving

#God is the best agent.

#Teamusask

Congrats!!! Wch school gave u 16k scholarship. Wowwww i need a big scholarship too ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
Folaroyal:

I recently had a close experience of a friend's mum... which i shared sometime ago on this thread... hers was travel history too but not as a stand alone reason. It happened that the guys at the vfs office did not allow her drop the old passport that contained her usa and uk visas.... we put up a letter and attached the old passport in a new application the following week. She got 5yrs trv some weeks after.
Wao! This travel history been a stand alone reason is just too awkward!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Mathematics and Biostatistics are inconsistent in my opinion and knowledge. The VO was right.

Biostatistics is a specialization in Public Health/ Community health, Epidemiology.. It deals with rates, health statistics, health related data...
Mathematics is totally different. It's a department of its own.

In simple terms, Biostatistics is a health course while mathematics is an abstract science.
You can even see the are not in the same Faculty.
I did some level of Biostatistics during my Baccalaureate program, I know what I'm talking about and I'm in the health/medical profession.

Does University of Calgary offer Biostatistics as a collaborative program of Mathematics and statistics ?? Or you're making your own assertions and assumptions undecided

Most of this VOs don't know what some courses entails, you can lecture them, tell them what you course entails and how they are related mathematics is related to biostatistics. Mathematics is broad, we have pure mathematics, which talks about the abstract maths, we have applied mathematics, which talks about numerical analysis, statistics.
You've been able to link statistics with mathematics, now statistics in itself is broad, we have financial statistics, where we have econometrics, time series etc, and we have biostatistics which deals with the application of statistical theories to study life. Now you've linked mathematics to biostatistics.
Just my opinion, statistician in the house can help the more.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello all, any updates on visa study permits application submitted in Oct 2016. This is a really long wait!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello October study permit applicants.Any updates from Cic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
Kuulme:

All that came with the envelope was a slip were only travel history was marked! Which one is gcms note?(I don't understand)

It's called global case management notes. It gives more detailed information regarding the reason for refusal. With the gcms notes, you'd see the VOs line of thought about your application rather than the vague reasons usually stated in the refusal letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
abestine:

Most of this VOs don't know what some courses entails, you can lecture them, tell them what you course entails and how they are related mathematics is related to biostatistics. Mathematics is broad, we have pure mathematics, which talks about the abstract maths, we have applied mathematics, which talks about numerical analysis, statistics.
You've been able to link statistics with mathematics, now statistics in itself is broad, we have financial statistics, where we have econometrics, time series etc, and we have biostatistics which deals with the application of statistical theories to study life. Now you've linked mathematics to biostatistics.
Just my opinion, statistician in the house can help the more.
You are clearly right on point!!
This is where a LoE comes in.... ok. Let's understand that the LoE or SoP are the only things that represents us when one is not being physically interviewed.
Be concise and detailed as much as possible.... what do they spend 16weeks doing if they can't read your letters!!?
Regards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
peridott:
Hello October study permit applicants.Any updates from Cic
October ke!!!.... buh really we've not even heard much from the September team. Am October myself .... my only observation is that medicals was fast for most October guys on this thread...
Na prayers oooo... hoping Accra will do xmas TRV bonanza for us before they close this year....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
Folaroyal:

October ke!!!.... buh really we've not even heard much from the September team. Am October myself .... my only observation is that medicals was fast for most October guys on this thread...
Na prayers oooo... hoping Accra will do xmas TRV bonanza for us before they close this year....
Sure TRV will be our Christmas gift. All thanks to God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.