Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913588 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 30, 2016
@folaroyal and good people of Nairaland good morning as I appreciate your contributions here. please I need your candid advice. is it possible for work permit visa documentations to be send to Canada with passport for visa to be issued and later returned to Nigeria with visa in it., is it possible, can it be done. thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2016
I'm sorry if I'm taking you guys back.

I quite agree with most of the guys who have written their bits on people asking questions on this forum. Sincerely, not everyone has the time to go through part 1 to 11 of this travelling to Canada thread. Few months , I introduced a very busy surgeon to this forum. He wanted to sponsor his 16 year nephew to the USA for studies. He registered and asked some questions. Trust some people here on Nairaland, they rudely asked him to read part 1 of the USA study permit thread. There is nothing wrong in suggesting that they read from part 1 but your approach matters .

No one will be flogged for giving out information on this thread. And no one will be flogged for not replying. I have seen guys like the*soj take their time to inform and educate peeps here and never for once resorted to calling people names. If you want to help others, do it joyfully. Simply answer questions if you feel like or leave the questions for others who can. I understand that some people can be restless when they ask questions and would want their questions answered immediately but the truth is that most of us have at one time behaved that way.

There is no need to gang up on people and cyberbully them. It has happened here recently. And like seun has pointed out,we are happy to help each other.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2016
oduzbaba89:
@folaroyal and good people of Nairaland good morning as I appreciate your contributions here. please I need your candid advice. is it possible for work permit visa documentations to be send to Canada with passport for visa to be issued and later returned to Nigeria with visa in it., is it possible, can it be done. thanks
Haaa... now that's a tough one! I wish i knew why you are asking.... in any case, such circumstance may only occur in the most unlikely event that ALL visa processing offices nearest to your country of residence have either been closed or greatly occupied.
Even PRs are still handled at the visa offices. I hope this helps.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Princewhite24: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2016
Good morning Hus, pls I apply for visa for study since August 29 at vfs, but have not got any reply from them about my application, and the sch will resume by January 2017, pls I want to know if their is till hope of getting the visa before that January 9 thanks.
Pls I need ur advice on this am confuse I don't know what to do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2016
iykedare:
I'm sorry if I'm taking you guys back.

I quite agree with most of the guys who have written their bits on people asking questions on this forum. Sincerely, not everyone has the time to go through part 1 to 11 of this travelling to Canada thread. Few months , I introduced a very busy surgeon to this forum. He wanted to sponsor his 16 year nephew to the USA for studies. He registered and asked some questions.

Hnmm... we will get better.... appreciate your piece!!
We will learnt to be a little more tolerant (including the adjudged rude/nasty ones) and then respect one another (including opinions)
I pray your message sinks. Meanwhile if you still require help with the US visa... i can still guide through in any way i can.... its quite different from Canada.
Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2016
Princewhite24:
Good morning Hus, pls I apply for visa for study since August 29 at vfs, but have not got any reply from them about my application, and the sch will resume by January 2017, pls I want to know if their is till hope of getting the visa before that January 9 thanks.
Pls always state your conditions clearly...... it'll help contributors to provide only detailed information regarding your case.
Like mode of application... paper or online?
If you did medicals?
If you linked application online?
School and program?
* note: when questions are too generic... answers will not usually meet with your expectations.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2016
Use this Web form to ask about an application that has passed the normal processing times

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Princewhite24:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
lol
Ezechinwa:

Well, that was only thrown to show that information needs to be updated. just understand the point am trying to pass and not the question. There's nothing like a lazy or stupid question, we all have different levels in terms of knowledge and experiences. if you wish to share your knowledge fine, nobody forces you for it. but also nobody knows it all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Seun:
And we are happy to do this. Take note of that pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
grin bro..i swear am laughing and tears are falling from my eyes...na so nija don cast kai..i feel your swag i swear....nija no fit ever carry last
Sammiejokes:
my good people I and my fiance got admission Conestoga college, PGC nursing and myself in Financial planning services. I need the advice of you guys on how to present the visa documents since the journey don involve two applicants.
1. should we marry before applying so that we can use same sponsor and does this reduce the living cost
2. can a dependent(wife) also apply for study visa?
3. If we apply as a couple will that not look like no family ties back home to the VO and the study is just for immigration?
4. should we just apply Separately and use different sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fronter: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Eraytee:

hmmmmm, i know how you feel but dont cancel your application, we av seen pple who got approved after 6 months. exercise that patience till the end. it will end inpraise
thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
ibbravura:
Morning nairalander.
I applied to dalhousie university hallifax. And i was asked to provide bank statement by the school. Pls will i just mail it to them or i will courier it. I have not been given admission yet. I think its part of socument o need to submit.
Pls i need reply ASAP.
TENKS.

Send via e-mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Folaroyal:

Hnmm... we will get better.... appreciate your piece!!
We will learnt to be a little more tolerant (including the adjudged rude/nasty ones) and then respect one another (including opinions)
I pray your message sinks. Meanwhile if you still require help with the US visa... i can still guide through in any way i can.... its quite different from Canada.
Best regards.
in as much as you do what you do,mind you,you are dealing with humans and don't allow yourself to be an instrument that others will misuse the privilege by not first doing their personal primary assignment before relying on workaholics like you.some people are advocating and dictating how help should be done but will not contribute the little knowledge they have only after a long time you would see from them..''glory be to God,TRV APPROVED.. glory will be always be to God sha smiley

Don't expect anything from what you do and i can guarantee you that most people you have sincerely squeezed out your time for to assist and then became successful will still be the same people that will reluctantly assist you,read you mails/chats and ignore them, if whatsoever you needed help from them..the slogan is, ''i am always busy''. I am not against their busy schedules but they should remember that everyone has his/her busy schedules too and never minding doing this.I do not say this to discourage you but for others to appreciate the privilege which this forum avails and change their attitude.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pradoworld: 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
penitential:
Check your email

Pls can u send me a copy too
olayemi_abiodun@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

My processing time has not been exceeded, it would be by December 25th, and I am to resume January 9th, of course I have to have everything ready, like school fees and others on or before January 4th, to avoid late payment and all. Now, the thing is, I have passed my medicals for over five weeks now, and they haven't made final decision. Seriously, these five weeks of suspense has literally affected my health, I won't lie, these people will kill someone one day. At the point I am in now, I want to send them an email to put my application into considedation and make a decision so this killing suspense can be over. The thing is, is it reasonable? Has anyone here read on any parts or anywhere of someone doing such and it didn't infruitate the VO, since my processing time hasn't exceeded? What I want to know is, am I looking for trouble by sending this email, or it's fine?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
My view......
you do not need to send CIC any mail since the processing time has not been exceeded. You can get your approved TRV within the few weeks in december , as these people are unpredictable . Have hope and pray .
Since you have done your medicals , you are close to getting ur TRV ........
Take this a consolation , I am also to resume Jan 4 , but no medicals yet .....

ENEMIESENEMY:
Hello everyone,

My processing time has not been exceeded, it would be by December 25th, and I am to resume January 9th, of course I have to have everything ready, like school fees and others on or before January 4th, to avoid late payment and all. Now, the thing is, I have passed my medicals for over five weeks now, and they haven't made final decision. Seriously, these five weeks of suspense has literally affected my health, I won't lie, these people will kill someone one day. At the point I am in now, I want to send them an email to put my application into considedation and make a decision so this killing suspense can be over. The thing is, is it reasonable? Has anyone here read on any parts or anywhere of someone doing such and it didn't infruitate the VO, since my processing time hasn't exceeded? What I want to know is, am I looking for trouble by sending this email, or it's fine?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
ENEMIESENEMY:
Hello everyone,

My sis/bro, pls kindly endure the suspense and pray to God for positive outcome. Don't do anything that will paint a picture of desperation to the VOs. They have your admission, and quite aware of the date of resumption. So, I suggest you leave them to do their work, since you have passed medicals. I waited for 7 week plus 3 days after passing medicals. It indeed had a slight impact on my health, but I controlled myself. The suspense is very normal. Be preoccupied with something else while also checking and praying. It shall end well for you IJN.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ENEMIESENEMY(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
@joblinks1 . . . Thank you very much. I pray you get your medical call soon, and if it is upfront, I pray you get medical update to "passed". You will get your TRV approved in time too. Amen.

@Ajayi4 . . . 7 weeks 3 days. Well, lemme go calm my blood, I know you understand how I feel when I said I wanted to send them an email. I will be patient now, thank you. Plus, I'm a guy, and Amen, it will end well for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pradoworld: 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please, can some1 help me with a copy of reference letter, my referee asked me to bring one 4 him to edit on my behalf.
my email is olayemi_abiodun@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
michV:
in as much as you do what you do,mind you,you are dealing with humans and don't allow yourself to be an instrument that others will misuse the privilege by not first doing their personal primary assignment before relying on workaholics like you.some people are advocating and dictating how help should be done but will not contribute the little knowledge they have only after a long time you would see from them..''glory be to God,TRV APPROVED.. glory will be always be to God sha smiley
Bros... trust that i understand you and i am in absolute agreement!
By the virtue of my little experience dealing with human beings.... i can assure you that its a complete waste of energy trying to satisfy them..... so you nd i will just do our bit.
And dealing with a group... you will expect to see all kinds and all sorts!!!
Example is that of individuals on the thread who talk carelessly like they employed you to do this.....
We should be guided with the fact that anyone can just be anybody...... because we just see typings from online/thread names does not mean we should not respect one another!! If some people disclose their profile to you..... you will be more than amazed... shocked
@MichV.. . Even though i don't kno you in person but i have great regards for your contributions.....and lots of people will look up to you here.....nd this isn't about age.... so pls ignore those excesses from some ungrateful minority.... pls continue the good work.
I never wanted to contribute on the thread until i read a few of posts from..... @MichV, @Mikymiko, thesoj i think...nd co
There's no jobless person oooo if dats what some people think......also for me... i do most of my comments while in the car whilst I could have just chosen to read newspapers. I stay up in the night to help guys respond to waiting private mails in my box like am being paid...

It is well ..... it will end in praise.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please can you advise how I can make this payment to Australia. NOT 'FORM A' this time. The options they gave are 1) dollar card ie master or visa card and 2) PAYPAL. I neither have a domiciliary account nor a dollar card and I dont want to do black market because the rates are so high. I want to do it using bank's rate and its quite urgent. Although Ive spoken with a bank and they said what they can give me is a TRAVEL CARD to use. Is dollar card same as TRAVEL CARD? can TRAVEL CARD be used to pay for OSHC? I want to be very sure so I will not waste my money or get into trouble. This is urgent. A quick response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammyacbxyz: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
Most of the peeps here learned a lot from this same forum and are only giving back to the forum. None is an expert or acquired immigration training from CIC. So in my opinion, if u see a question u feel the answer is in part 100, u can ignore or skip the question so someone else who feels like giving a present answer can do so instead of quoting the persons question asking him to go back to part 1000. I personally think people should do their own research as I did from part one, but I think, it can be annoying quoting a question referring the person back there.

michV:

Don't expect anything from what you do and i can guarantee you that most people you have sincerely squeezed out your time for to assist and then became successful will still be the same people that will reluctantly assist you,read you mails/chats and ignore them, if whatsoever you needed help from them..the slogan is, ''i am always busy''. I am not against their busy schedules but they should remember that everyone has his/her busy schedules too and never minding doing this.I do not say this to discourage you but for others to appreciate the privilege which this forum avails and change their attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
Folaroyal:

Bros... trust that i understand you and i am in absolute agreement!

@MichV.. . Even though i don't kno you in person but i have great regards for your contributions.....and lots of people will look up to you here.....nd this isn't about age.... so pls ignore those excesses from some ungrateful minority.... pls continue the good work.
I never wanted to contribute on the thread until i read a few of posts from..... @MichV, @Mikymiko, thesoj i think...nd co
To be sincere i would always be loyal to EBON BABA @Thesoj* his past and present post always carry weight with rational perception. he was an inspiration. Even @mikymiko my guy never believed in me initially till he saw his GCMS note which before the gcms note i had analytically dissected the reason for his refusal after carefully going through his profile and documents submitted. during my time, many never knew i would be refused TRV but when it happened I only knew it was just the PGC program i opted for,which i am now working towards masters admission and whatever happens to a guy/man to make him CRY means the world to him which when i see people ignorantly making the mistake I urgently comment to mitigate such because TRV refusal is totally devastating to human health and mental balance after huge efforts and long wait.

@floaroyal regards...still those ladies bashing will still be the ones to be loyal in canada to mingle with guys to know wetin dey ground if not na back to Nigeria after studies..na still guys dey carry the legit informate..

No1 is an immigration expert but i can confer that honour on myself as an immigration expert though without license to practicegrin grin in short i will be changing my moniker come next year to ''canadian immigration expert'' grin even at last the unpredictable VOs have the final say and apply his/her discretion.
last last,1 love..1 hustle..gracias..wink cheesy grin cool...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sunbeam20(f): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please am new on this thread. I am in search of scholarships to any good Canadian university to study MSc public health or biochemistry. I will like a detailed information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please my good people, did anyone here use OND result for application if yes, how long did it take your school to prepare your OND transcript, I will be going to my school tomorrow to apply for transcript but I heard it takes time and also they wouldn't give to me directly but I need it to apply online, so I don't know what to do, I just want to know what to expect sha. Thanks in advance for the help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please post your question on here directly, unless it is confidential.
FYI, I unfortunately can't read or review documents (SOP, sponsorship letter, etc) at this time. I am extremely busy with a lot on my plate.
Kennyanderson:

Sir please I really need your help, have pm you but you are yet to reply me. Please sir I really really and really need your help I will really appreciate it if you reply my pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Yes I totally agree with you that people should use Google to supplement this thread. I also concur that it is pretty easy to follow an active moniker. Unfortunately, many on the visitors to the Travel section are lazy and want to be spoonfed, and this is sad; I have little to zero patience for lazy people.

Having said that, it is also true that @Seun can do a better job with the Travel section; particularly with having a "thread summary page" that can be accessed from anywhere inside a thread. Such a summary page would be maintained by @Justwise and/or he could nominate an active participant to jointly (or independently) manage it.
michV:
i still maintain thesame view with you Mr. I come to Nairaland just because of travel section.i dont bother about if any section existed.

I also feel and in the past someone clamored for such that this travel threads in particular need Update because this is the thread most users frequent more.if any competitor site emerges,here will be losing it and i am working on my travel forum too with IT hands on ground already cheesy

Also for more easier navigation,having a question in mind and typing it on Google and finally ending with traveling to canada nairaland will pop up numerous optional pages where such questions have been answered than read pages just to find a place where such questions must have been answered. Furthermore following an active moniker, you can click on their profile and read his/her posts.the truth is that you must also find useful information you need too if that is necessary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thanks for the compliments bro.
michV:
To be sincere i would always be loyal to EBON BABA @Thesoj* his past and present post always carry weight with rational perception. he was an inspiration....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sammiejokes:
my good people I and my fiance got admission Conestoga college, PGC nursing and myself in Financial planning services. I need the advice of you guys on how to present the visa documents since the journey don involve two applicants.
1. should we marry before applying so that we can use same sponsor and does this reduce the living cost
Hmm... take this with a grain of salt but if I were the VO, your chances of approval will crash once I notice that you are applying together as a married couple. I would immediately wonder how convenient it is for both of you to realize that you want to do PGCs in Canada at the exact same time. I really would consider your application(s) to just be a ploy for both of you to leave Nigeria. Take this with a grain of salt though. You know yourselves better than I do.

Sammiejokes:
Of course. You can do whatever you want as long as you have the right documentation and funds. Approval is another story.

Sammiejokes:
3. If we apply as a couple will that not look like no family ties back home to the VO and the study is just for immigration?
This is the big elephant in the room. Yes, you will look like you are both escaping. Once again, please take this with a grain of salt. I don't know anything about you and it is possible that applying as a couple is the best scenario for you. The information I am providing is based on zero knowledge of you and your spouse/fiance.

Sammiejokes:
4. should we just apply Separately and use different sponsor.
If you have compelling reasons to apply together, then do so. If you have compelling reasons to apply separately, then fire on.
If you apply as a couple, then each of you should have compelling reasons that alleviate the VO's concerns that you are both just trying to run away from Nigeria. You each need to be very convincing. This advice is also valid if you apply separately.

Another option is for one of you to go to Canada and after resuming school (or after obtaining the TRV), apply for an SOWP for the other partner. Many people on here have done this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
thesoj:

Hmm... take this with a grain of salt but if I were the VO, your chances of approval will crash once I notice that you are applying together as a married couple. I would immediately wonder how convenient it is for both of you to realize that you want to do PGCs in Canada at the exact same time. I really would consider your application(s) to just be a ploy for both of you to leave Nigeria. Take this with a grain of salt though. You know yourselves better than I do.

Of course. You can do whatever you want as long as you have the right documentation and funds. Approval is another story.

This is the big elephant in the room. Yes, you will look like you are both escaping. Once again, please take this with a grain of salt. I don't know anything about you and it is possible that applying as a couple is the best scenario for you. The information I am providing is based on zero knowledge of you and your spouse/fiance.

If you have compelling reasons to apply together, then do so. If you have compelling reasons to apply separately, then fire on.
If you apply as a couple, then each of you should have compelling reasons that alleviate the VO's concerns that you are both just trying to run away from Nigeria. You each need to be very convincing. This advice is also valid if you apply separately.

Another option is for one of you to go to Canada and after resuming school (or after obtaining the TRV), apply for an SOWP for the other partner. Many people on here have done this.
Thank you much bro, we both earning averagely okay here in nigeria but looking for greener pastures. Thank you for your counsel I really appreciate ur input. I think the SOWP for the other partner will make sense
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
You are welcome. If both of you had masters admissions, then I wouldn't be as skeptical about applying together. The fact that both of you are going for PGC, given the ease of admission, may incorrectly suggest to the VO that you are just planning to abscond and possibly not even study when you reach Canada. As I mentioned earlier, take this with a grain of salt.
Sammiejokes:
Thank you much bro, we both earning averagely okay here in nigeria but looking for greener pastures. Thank you for your counsel I really appreciate ur input. I think the SOWP for the other partner will make sense
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Sammiejokes:

help a bro answer the above ?s
1. should we marry before applying so that we can use same sponsor and does this reduce the living cost?

No harm in marrying but this in turn puts a heavier pressure on your to-be sponsor!

It is not advisable to do that... i know you are thinking it'll increase your chances either side but trust that immigration policies had been crafted to curb such practices. In as much as you are married and still maintain the same details.... there has to be a Principal Applicant! Arrangement made for dependent spouses is to apply through a Spouse Open Work Permit.... that equally allows them to study.

Well... that is at the VOs discretion. If a Principal Applicant applies along with the dependants.... 1. Your major tie is almost eroded 2. It puts more pressure on your financial requirement 3. Your LoE has to do a lot of 'preaching' and be convincing. * Note however that on this same thread... people have applied together and have secured necessary TRVs!..... so decision to do or not is entirely yours.

4. should we just apply Separately and use different sponsor?

But then you would have no record linking you as either a family or in a partnership!!! .... cos the moment you fill your family form and either of your details appear... that is auto picked on the system and as such called 'multiple applications'. Answer: you either apply as joint applicants... or separately (with no links).... or One after the other (PA first and dependants after TRV is approved)

* i hope this helps.... good luck!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.