Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910357 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Dude Google is not a forum and google gives you what you typed-in.

The attitude people like you need to change are that of ungratefulness and laziness.

If you are planning to invest millions into foreign education but can't be bothered to read few pages for answers then don't expect anybody to do that for you at your own time and demand.

If you come here to ask a question then give people time to attend to your question else pay an agent.

Hey, watch your words mate. i am not lazy nor ungrateful, i am just passing across a fair point.

Yes, you have a point but on the other side lets consider a case study
17th June 2014
page 1
Lets assume the school fees and other miscellaneous expenses in 20k USD , and the exchange rate is 150 against a dollar.

10 Nov 2016
page 2
Lets also assume the school fees and other miscellaneous expenses remains the same (20k USD) but this time the exchange rate rose to 470 against a dollar

Now, if someone who isn't an expert as you are, asks "hey Justwise how much would it cost me for ....\'
don't you think referring him/her to page 1, makes the information entirely false?

So you got a point and i also got my points, no need to start insulting each other.
Peace. and for the record Nigerians including myself are not lazy people, maybe ungrateful but definitely not lazy.

Furthermore, Your correct people pay millions to agents just to get information etc, i never said they didn't so don't put words in my mouth.

"Reading a book from cover to cover doesn't always make one the smartest in a classroom, it does not mean you know it all, cause in this world, no man can ever know it all"

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Perotti: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
penitential:
Check your email

Pls can u send me a copy too
petreli12@outlook.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by faturepsmech: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dear all,
please I m in need of information regarding payment of fees at the University of Windsor .Taking into consideration that I already have a funded domiclliary account how do I pay my fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ezechinwa:

Hey, watch your words mate. i am not lazy nor ungrateful, i am just passing across a fair point.
Yes, you have a point but on the other side lets consider a case study
17th June 2014
page 1
Lets assume the school fees and other miscellaneous expenses in 20k USD , and the exchange rate is 150 against a dollar.
10 Nov 2016
page 2
Lets also assume the school fees and other miscellaneous expenses remains the same (20k USD) but this time the exchange rate rose to 470 against a dollar
Now, if someone who isn't an expert as you are, asks "hey Justwise how much would it cost me for ....\'
don't you think referring him/her to page 1, makes the information entirely false?
So you got a point and i also got my points, no need to start insulting each other.
Peace. and for the record Nigerians including myself are not lazy people, maybe ungrateful but definitely not lazy.
Furthermore, Your correct people pay millions to agents just to get information etc, i never said they didn't so don't put words in my mouth.
"Reading a book from cover to cover doesn't always make one the smartest in a classroom, it does not mean you know it all, cause in this world, no man can ever know it all"

Anybody that ask such a lazy question will not get a reply from me. Of course some Nigerians are annoyingly lazy, not wiling to do their own research but want somebody to summarise posts for them.

Like i said before..pay an agent if you are not ready to read or patient enough for an answer here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Anybody that ask such a lazy question will not get a reply from me. Of course some Nigerians are annoyingly lazy, not wiling to do their own research but want somebody to summarise posts for them.

Well, that was only thrown to show that information needs to be updated. just understand the point am trying to pass and not the question. There's nothing like a lazy or stupid question, we all have different levels in terms of knowledge and experiences. if you wish to share your knowledge fine, nobody forces you for it. but also nobody knows it all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Seun(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
justwise:
Of course some Nigerians are annoyingly lazy, not wiling to do their own research but want somebody to summarise posts for them.
And we are happy to do this. Take note of that pls.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ezechinwa:

Well, that was only thrown to show that information needs to be updated. just understand the point am trying to pass and not the question. There's nothing like a lazy or stupid question, we all have different levels in terms of knowledge and experiences. if you wish to share your knowledge fine, nobody forces you for it. but also nobody knows it all.

Dude let me make this a bit clearer for you. If you want to invest your millions to study in Canada then get ready to read and make your own research. Nobody here is an immigration expert, nobody here is paid to answer questions.

We only trying to help each other with little knowledge we have and you need to help yourself even more.

Don't come here to tell people how to help you and when because its not fair on those who put-in time and energy to answer questions here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
justwise:

Dude let me make this a bit clearer for you. If you want to invest your millions to study in Canada then get ready to read and make your own research. Nobody here is an immigration expert, nobody here is paid to answer questions.

We only trying to help each other with little knowledge we have and you need to help yourself even more.

Don't come here to tell people how to help you and when because its not fair on those who put-in time and energy to answer questions here

noted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:

Absolutely! I got no issue with that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:
That's why i love Nairaland...i hope NCC wont stop me from visiting lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 12:20am On Nov 30, 2016
my good people I and my fiance got admission Conestoga college, PGC nursing and myself in Financial planning services. I need the advice of you guys on how to present the visa documents since the journey don involve two applicants.
1. should we marry before applying so that we can use same sponsor and does this reduce the living cost
2. can a dependent(wife) also apply for study visa?
3. If we apply as a couple will that not look like no family ties back home to the VO and the study is just for immigration?
4. should we just apply Separately and use different sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judnele: 12:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Frostbaby:

Yea, next month for January term
Wow nice PM me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 2:12am On Nov 30, 2016
To answer your question, yes, it's a 99% chance that it is approved.
Do you mind sharing how you got his job? Did you just apply online? Or did you have a contact there?
Oroscope:
Please. I have applied for a work permit to Canada from South Africa as I got a job offer from a state department from canada. After about 7 weeks they called emailed and asked for my passport. Does his mean that it has been approved. I can't check the decision online cos it was a paper application. Does this mean that it is approved. Someone pls advice to relief my stress.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 2:27am On Nov 30, 2016
@Seun, while some of us have taken it upon ourselves (I and @richcasey in particular) to summarize the key points of this thread, I think that the current forum format makes it incredibly difficult for most users to efficiently extract the most useful information when it comes to the Travel (education specifically) section. This issue is endemic with the USA, German, & Canada student visa threads (and probably all the other student visa threads too).

I used to hate Nairaland (too many tribalists & excessive celebrity news lol) until I found the Travel section, and it is solely because of this section that I initially started visiting Nairaland. I think you run a risk of losing users because the volume of posts in sections such as this can be intimidating to users who don't have the time (or data) to read hundreds to thousands of pages to find the one or two bits of information that they need (I had to read at least 2500 pages in order to be able to summarize most of the important points).

I suggest you consider a feature that makes it easy for users to view the keypoints of a given thread; that feature might be a tab that can be accessed from any given page in the thread. Reddit does it this way and this would really help NL as well. I surmise that you will have a competitor site (at least for the Travel section) really soon if this "ease of use" issue isn't addressed at some point in the near future.

PS: Newbies, don't bother reading from Part 1; that's unreasonable and unrealistic. If anything, read one of the parts (Part 7 and later) and you should be fine, read more than one section if you are a "complex" applicant. Or take a look at the summary posts (linked in the first sentence).
Seun:

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ikennali01(m): 3:52am On Nov 30, 2016
jayjayjay007:

Thank you. I went to renew the passort today. Paid 30k for sharp sharp processing they said i should come back tomorrow. I called vfs and they said I should send a mail to accra explaining the renewal and see what they say. My application was a CALA one. Do all go through ghana or is there another consulate I can contact as well?

Use the renewed passport but make sure you mail Accra about your situation and ensure you get a feedback from them acknowledging your new passport information has been noted.I had a similar issue when I applied for my TRV, I filled the wrong passport number but I mailed them about the necessary changes when I was directed to go for medicals and I still got my TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2016
Sammiejokes:
my good people I and my fiance got admission Conestoga college, PGC nursing and myself in Financial planning services. I need the advice of you guys on how to present the visa documents since the journey don involve two applicants.
1. should we marry before applying so that we can use same sponsor and does this reduce the living cost
3. If we apply as a couple will that not look like no family ties back home to the VO and the study is just for immigration?
help a bro answer the above ?s
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
Have u seen it?
TheGreat342:
I didn't see what you sent. Please, resend it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:10am On Nov 30, 2016
Check your email
Perotti:

Pls can u send me a copy too
petreli12@outlook.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
thesoj:

I used to hate Nairaland (too many tribalists & excessive celebrity news lol) until I found the Travel section, and it is solely because of this section that I initially started visiting Nairaland.

I surmise that you will have a competitor site (at least for the Travel section) really soon if this "ease of use" issue isn't addressed at some point in the near future.

PS: Newbies, don't bother reading from Part 1; that's unreasonable and unrealistic.
i still maintain thesame view with you Mr. I come to Nairaland just because of travel section.i dont bother about if any section existed.

I also feel and in the past someone clamored for such that this travel threads in particular need Update because this is the thread most users frequent more.if any competitor site emerges,here will be losing it and i am working on my travel forum too with IT hands on ground already cheesy

Also for more easier navigation,having a question in mind and typing it on Google and finally ending with traveling to canada nairaland will pop up numerous optional pages where such questions have been answered than read pages just to find a place where such questions must have been answered. Furthermore following an active moniker, you can click on their profile and read his/her posts.the truth is that you must also find useful information you need too if that is necessary.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2016
Seun:

Oga has spoken
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2016
Pls, which MasterCard can I use in paying application fee? First bank MasterCard is not functioning
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2016
Sammiejokes:
No harm in marrying but this in turn puts a heavier pressure on your to-be sponsor!

It is not advisable to do that... i know you are thinking it'll increase your chances either side but trust that immigration policies had been crafted to curb such practices. In as much as you are married and still maintain the same details.... there has to be a Principal Applicant! Arrangement made for dependent spouses is to apply through a Spouse Open Work Permit.... that equally allows them to study.

Well... that is at the VOs discretion. If a Principal Applicant applies along with the dependants.... 1. Your major tie is almost eroded 2. It puts more pressure on your financial requirement 3. Your LoE has to do a lot of 'preaching' and be convincing. * Note however that on this same thread... people have applied together and have secured necessary TRVs!..... so decision to do or not is entirely yours.

But then you would have no record linking you as either a family or in a partnership!!! .... cos the moment you fill your family form and either of your details appear... that is auto picked on the system and as such called 'multiple applications'. Answer: you either apply as joint applicants... or separately (with no links).... or One after the other (PA first and dependants after TRV is approved)

* i hope this helps.... good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2016
use any of UBA , Access or FCMB.....
they are working but with limits

martineverest:
Pls, which MasterCard can I use in paying application fee? First bank MasterCard is not functioning
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2016
Seun:
still also some ingrates will come from nowhere and call those commentators jobless for consistently doing do. if that's the case,''to your tent o'isreal''. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
joblinks1:

yea UBA/ACCESS Visa Card is 100usd limit on monthly basis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 30, 2016
martineverest:
First bank whether visacard, mastercard, prepaid visa card are out of it.it made my cards seem useless since i can no longer do international online payment/transactions with them..use ACCESS/UBA visa card which has monthly limit of 100usd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2016
michV:
First bank whether visacard, mastercard, prepaid visa card are out of it.it made my cards seem useless since i can no longer do international online payment/transactions with them..use ACCESS/UBA visa card which has monthly limit of 100usd
what about gtb?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2016
joblinks1:

what about gtb?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 30, 2016
martineverest:
what about gtb?
i have no idea of GtB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ibbravura: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2016
Morning nairalander.
I applied to dalhousie university hallifax. And i was asked to provide bank statement by the school. Pls will i just mail it to them or i will courier it. I have not been given admission yet. I think its part of socument o need to submit.
Pls i need reply ASAP.
TENKS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2016
Sure you can.
martineverest:
what about gtb?

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.