Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909903 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
biadaba:
Please Nairaland family, I need information about Lambton college, Canada.

There's an advert for admission May 2017 session for postgraduate courses. I intend to apply through ann agent for cyber security and computer forensic.

Hnmm... dear sis, pls jus pay me 500k and I'll be your agent!!!!.. grin grin
My advise.... you may wish to stay away from the thought of an agent for now (at your discretion though)... most of them don't know more than you do and then a lot of applicants have had bad and unhealthy experiences with agents.... just an advise!
Please state your desires rightly and provide full info; your undergraduate... your proposed.... at what level (uni or college... your gpa may decide this).... any other relevant info.
Embrace Google to help your school searches and trust me... you'll get required help all the way on here!
So pls provide relevant info and be sure to get required help.... do it yourself!!!...
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:29am On Dec 02, 2016
btw.. Folaroyal.. this your name, are you 'm/f'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2016
Osemigho:

If the GMAT is compulsory, I believe you will need a dollar master card (AKA domiciliary ATM card) for it or you get someone to pay it for you internationally and you transfer to the person's or relative account number.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Escobar69(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2016
Folaroyal:

If i were you, I'll stick to the one which is most directly related to my undergraduate program! Note that no one will offer you what you have not requested for.... save your time and incrase your approval chances by ensuring that your proposed course is well in line with your employment/undergraduate.
Regards
thanks alot broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2016
brandymcmb:

You just have to wait, we still have 4 weeks in Dec, you would get a reply from CIC this month

Worrying doesn't change any[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]thing

Same apply to me I submitted my application since August and till date have not heard from them. Don't know what to do anymore and school is resuming 4th Jan. and the deadline for tuition payment is Dec. 12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Igbouwanile:
biadaba:

by de way Folaroyal.. this your name, are you 'm or f'?

Folaroyal is a man.. lives in lag. Gender is marked as (m) or (f) in front of the names if yu check.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 10:37am On Dec 02, 2016
Folaroyal:

Folaroyal is a man.. lives in lag. Gender is marked as (m) or (f) in front of the names if yu check.
Regards

Lol. Well said! You've been of immense help to people here alot.Thumbs up bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2016
Austinpee4:

Lol. Well said! You've been of immense help to people here alot.Thumbs up bro.
Thanks bro.... just doing our bit.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2016
Austinpee4:

You should send a mail to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca or use the WEB FORM http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2#q2 to find out the status of your application since it has passed the processing time stipulated.

@Austinpee4 please am new on nairaland thanks for the great you and other nairalanders have been doing God will continue to enlarge ur coast.please I submitted my application 18 August up till this moment I have not been called for medical and no calls don't know if I can proceed for the medical before receiving their mail because am still hopeful.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
biadaba:

There's an advert for admission May 2017 session for postgraduate courses. I intend to apply through ann agent for cyber security and computer forensic.

Please, ill love to know more about the school in terms of fees, job opportunities, programme duration and. Future benefit.

Please note that I saw the advert on Linda Ikeji's blog and didn't get enough information from their. Nigeria representative.....

Pls kindly help a sister out. Thanks in anticipation.

Wow a sister going for Cybersecurity and Forensics

Funny enough that's the exact course and exact school I'd like to apply for come September since changing my mind about Networking. Why not visit their website and email their admissions department? I think it's a great school

Could. You share the Linda Ikeji link?

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluphilip2008(f): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
oluphilip2008:
Hello great Nairaland fam,
I'm really glad coming across such a useful thread as this. I wish I had discovered this earlier. God bless all the wonderful contributors here.
Pls house, I need some clarifications concerning my Canada educational pursuit:
1) In 2013, I got an offer of admission from Centennial college(PGD human resources). I applied for TRV in September of same year, but my application was denied December ending (reasons: insufficient fund and purpose of visit). I used an agent who turned out to know next to nothing about Canadian visa n stuffs. I didn't bother to reapply immediately.
2) I was working with an embassy when I applied, the embassy gave me intro letter as well. To cut long story short, the embassy didn't renew my contract for the following year 2014, thinking that my application will pull thru and would leave in January (most embassies renew staff contract yearly). That was how I lost my job.
In order not to stay idle, I started an MSC program(forensic psychology) which was a full time program.First degree is in psychology as well. However, due to Nigerian educational factors, d program has been prolonged for far too long, September 2014 till now, yet to do thesis defence, don't even know when we'll be called to do that.
I have since decided to process another admission in Canada, a masters program this time around, against 2017 fall (bsc grade is second class upper). Considering my visa denial history, I don't know which course I can go for th
I'm really glad coming across such a useful thread as this. I wish I had discovered this earlier. God bless all the wonderful contributors here.

1) In 2013, I got an offer of admission from Centennial college(PGD human resources). I applied for TRV in September of same year, but my application was denied December ending (reasons: insufficient fund and purpose of visit). I used an agent who turned out to know next to nothing about Canadian visa n stuffs. I didn't bother to reapply immediately.

2) I was working with an embassy when I applied, the embassy gave me intro letter as well. To cut long story short, the embassy didn't renew my contract for the following year 2014, thinking that my application will pull thru and would leave in January (most embassies renew staff contract yearly). That was how I lost my job.
In order not to stay idle, I started an MSC program(forensic psychology) which was a full time program.First degree is in psychology as well. However, due to Nigerian educational factors, d program has been prolonged for far too long, September 2014 till now, yet to do thesis defence, don't even know when we'll be called to do that.

I have since decided to process another admission in Canada, a masters program this time around, against 2017 fall (bsc grade is second class upper). Considering my visa denial history, I don't know which course I can go fort'll convince the vo ds time around. All d schls I've checked so far have either passed admission deadlines (DEC 1) or have too many stringent requirements that are practically impossible to be met before their various deadlines. Such requirements include, IELTS, GRE(for the psychology courses I checked).

However, I checked Brandon University, their admission process seems to be less rigorous, but the closest course to my undergrad course is Masters in Education. Do you think I stand a chance with the vo if I get admitted into d MEd program?
My other consideration is masters in social work. Pls whoever has an idea of schools I can apply to should help me out, as well as advice concerning the course in which I stand the best chance of getting visa.

My husband is my sole sponsor as I am not working presently. My plan is to also pay tuition fees in advance.

Sorry for my long epistle, pls help a confused sis. God bless you all as you take your time to respond.

Cc: @folaroyal, @justwise, @cocolav, @Team12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
oluphilip2008:

I have since decided to process another admission in Canada, a masters program this time around, against 2017 fall (bsc grade is second class upper). Considering my visa denial history, I don't know which course I can go for th

Why not go for the same forensic psychology? Or something in the d same field

Visa denial history doesn't mean IMO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluphilip2008(f): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Thanks for your response. So far I've come across only one uni in Canada offering Forensic psychology.

hustla:

Why not go for the same forensic psychology? Or something in the d same field

Visa denial history doesn't mean IMO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
oluphilip2008:
Thanks for your response. So far I've come across only one uni in Canada offering Forensic psychology.

You should be able to apply then if you can read up and ask questions

I'm yet to apply to, but I've learnt a lot on here for sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yamen21(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
hello guys. Thank you for your support in this thread and I have seen the positive outcomes.
I believe its my turn to ask for your help and support. I just got admission into MUN spring 2017. i want to apply for the TRV and i would appreciate advice on the things i need to provide and how i need to go about it. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
Abolergy:

@Austinpee4 please am new on nairaland thanks for the great you and other nairalanders have been doing God will continue to enlarge ur coast.please I submitted my application 18 August up till this moment I have not been called for medical and no calls don't know if I can proceed for the medical before receiving their mail because am still hopeful.
Thanks
I can relate with the unease u must be going through having to wait this long without a response from CIC. As regards proceeding for medicals, since you didn't do an upfront medical(medicals before u submit your application)you'll have to wait for an instruction to go for one from them. Do not proceed for medicals without being instructed to do so. This is because CIC will generate an IME (Immigration medical examination) code where your medical results will be located once your tests are completed. This can only be generated only when you do an upfront medicals or instructed to do so by CIC. I encourage you to still be hopeful and believe that everything will work in your favour and turn out well at the end. Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Check for [quote author=thesoj post=51154832][/quote] for list of documents If needed urgently.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
yamen21:
hello guys. Thank you for your support in this thread and I have seen the positive outcomes.
I believe its my turn to ask for your help and support. I just got admission into MUN spring 2017. i want to apply for the TRV and i would appreciate advice on the things i need to provide and how i need to go about it. thank you

I pray my admission with fees and upkeep funding will come very soon too. Amen!

For the main time, search for thesoj comprehensive list here before he repost again.

Once it is posted again, others should like the post for future tracking purpose.

It will end with praises. Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Abolergy:

Thanks

August 18 is still kind of still on track, jst pray and hope for d very best, I hope b4 or latest 18th of dis month u will recieve a joyful news from CIC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
congrats yamen21 what are u going for, courses graduate or undergraduate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kennyanderson: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
thesoj:
Please post your question on here directly, unless it is confidential.
FYI, I unfortunately can't read or review documents (SOP, sponsorship letter, etc) at this time. I am extremely busy with a lot on my plate.
Okay sir, no wahala
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
nelly28:

August 18 is still kind of still on track, jst pray and hope for d very best, I hope b4 or latest 18th of dis month u will recieve a joyful news from CIC

@Nelly28 very grateful just being curios.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
Austinpee4:

I can relate with the unease u must be going through having to wait this long without a response from CIC. As regards proceeding for medicals, since you didn't do an upfront medical(medicals before u submit your application)you'll have to wait for an instruction to go for one from them. Do not proceed for medicals without being instructed to do so. This is because CIC will generate an IME (Immigration medical examination) code where your medical results will be located once your tests are completed. This can only be generated only when you do an upfront medicals or instructed to do so by CIC. I encourage you to still be hopeful and believe that everything will work in your favour and turn out well at the end. Best regards.
@Austinpee4 am very grateful for your kindness.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rshinela: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
thanks so much for responding i was thinking of doing nursing since i plan staying back after school, so am looking for a course that is lucrative and in high demand there, i graduated with a 2.2 i.e second class lower so dont know if i can do straight master if is possible will prefare that. so what do you think which schools should i look into?
penitential:
If your undergraduate program is Microbiology,
What program do u intend to go for; PGC or masters?
Also, is it nursing related course you intend yo go for or any program that correlate with your undergraduate course of study?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
My Nairaland brothers and sisters, I collected my passport today with letter of correspondence.

Here is how I got my passport without submitting the original collection slip, which might be of help to those who live outside of Lagos.
First, I confirmed through a chat with vfs that my passport is ready for collection
I wrote an authorization letter and submitted alongside vfs collection slip/copy of Int'l passport to my local UPS. My local UPS scanned both and send to UPS Lagos. I was copied in the email exchange between UPS, I forwarded the email with attachment to vfs at feedback.cannig@vfshelpline.com. In the email forwarded to vfs, I gave an authorization that my processed application should be given to UPS upon arrival. I was also chatting with someone in vfs to follow up the progress until my passport was dispatched to UPS Lagos. After collection, UPS Lagos sent the parcel to my local UPS.

I quoted my tracking ID and application number in all correspondence.

@Mikymiko, Folaroyal, Emma4ever, Osemigho, xyoung and other numerous members, God will soon grant y'all TRVs..Amen

@MichV, God bless your hustle on the other side.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rshinela: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
thanks so much am checking the school right now will update ya God bless you
faskare:
Since you have a first degree, you can apply for BSN second degree. It's a fast track program and it has a 24months duration in schools like U of C. But you must have concluded prerequisite courses such as Anatomy and physiology(6 credits) and any art course before you can be admitted for nursing. In order to apply next year, the fastest school that you can do such prerequisite courses is in University of Athabasca. (Online)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
CannyZionist:
My Nairaland brothers and sisters, I collected my passport today with letter of correspondence.

Here is how I got my passport without submitting the original collection slip, which might be of help to those who live outside of Lagos.
First, I confirmed through a chat with vfs that my passport is ready for collection
I wrote an authorization letter and submitted alongside vfs collection slip/copy of Int'l passport to my local UPS. My local UPS scanned both and send to UPS Lagos. I was copied in the email exchange between UPS, I forwarded the email with attachment to vfs at feedback.cannig@vfshelpline.com. In the email forwarded to vfs, I gave an authorization that my processed application should be given to UPS upon arrival. I was also chatting with someone in vfs to follow up the progress until my passport was dispatched to UPS Lagos. After collection, UPS Lagos sent the parcel to my local UPS.

@Mikymiko, Folaroyal, Emma4ever, Osemigho, xyoung and other numerous members, God will soon grant y'all TRVs..Amen

congrats once more..God bless you too..i know about this process you underwent. when my package came back to LAGOS VfS then, i wrote an authorization letter,dated and signed,scanned and sent to my friend in Lagos with the slips. he used his ID passport to collect on my behalf as i quoted his name on the letter,even VFS called me to confirm and i responded yes that they should go ahead and release it and he sent it back via GIG transport driver which appeared cheaper grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
CannyZionist:

Congratulations. I tap into your testimony.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.