Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909280 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:04am On Dec 11, 2016
MA geography.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:06am On Dec 11, 2016
iykedare:

Yes

Guess they will see me since I have nothing to loose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 11, 2016
StudentsNG:

Thanks boss, you are always here to assist. Sorry I was away (went to villa wink). I was able to book Ethiopian Airline for 19th December at N404,500. Stops at Addis, Dublin, Toronto before Regina. I already deposited fund for accommodation using a contact I got via kijiji.ca

Thanks all the way.
Ohhh...... good and many thanks...
404k is a bit high though... no problems since you can conveniently afford it.
My advise would have been you waiting till after Xmas... You are aware, that contact got same airline below 300k for some people on this thread! Pls always consider a cheaper option oooo.... and then send the balance to me.. shocked grin
Best wishes dear.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by blaugrana82(m): 7:38am On Dec 11, 2016
Flawless1988:

Send them an email quickly ! The average processing time presently is 15 weeks. I pray it will end with praise.
Can i PM you? and pls how do i send a mail to them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 8:12am On Dec 11, 2016
Development Economics tally with your undergraduate study. There are a couple of peeps in the program here (UNBC) that studied Economics in their undergrad too.

You may consider the school because it is cheaper and it may help reduce the 'size' of the SOA needed for your TRV application/approval.

Igbouwanile:

Thanks

Okay bro, you have made a point. thinking of going for development economics masters, am currently unemployed. done with my nysc since last year.. geting sponsor with heavy amount of money is the problem.. finance & getin masters admision is de problem.. #CannyZionist

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2016
t405:
Type Team12 in the search field of NL.

She applied with her child and got it.Then applied for SOWP for her husband before living Nigeria and he got approved too.Al in due time.

Went thru all her post as regards this topic and loads of questions were answered for me especially because my profile is similar as per family application related.

You would mist likely find your answers in her posts.

Thanks.

Cc: lovetrumps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MarieAnn2012: 8:40am On Dec 11, 2016
Good Morning everybody, even right now I don't know where to start from. lipsrsealed undecided

I just stumbled on this thread, I have gone through parts of the threads. The Infos are huge, overwhelming and it confuses me. I don't really know where to start from.

Please I just need a detailed explanation on the process to be taken (maybe how u did yours).

Any Info would be appreciated. Please cry
Gymme flawless1988 iykedare osemigho studentsng igbouwanile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Flawless1988: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2016
blaugrana82:
Can i PM you? and pls how do i send a mail to them?
Send an email through your CIC account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2016
Folaroyal:

My advise would have been you waiting till after Xmas... You are aware, that contact got same airline below 300k for some people on this thread! Pls always consider a cheaper option oooo.... and then send the balance to me.. shocked grin
Best wishes dear.

Hello,
When are you leaving? Have you converted your Naira to dollars? Is it a fair deal?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:23am On Dec 11, 2016
Teeewhyy:

Am really sorry bro. just know that we all understand how you feel, personaly I felt like trash when I got that kind. and we are all here for when you are ready to refire.
## (0) I tackle the cheak reason 1 by paying some of my tuition fee although it wasnt required by the school.
##(0) the reason 2. I dont realy have any idea .
##(0) the 3 reason has to do with your program of study and its correspondence to your previous feild.

Okay, i heard you, thank you bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cure4fools(m): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=Folaroyal post=51820140]
Best wishes dear.[color=#006600][/color]

You can fly from Accra, it's way cheaper than Nigeria. Check it out before you make a decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kissyomyom: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2016
Good morning wonderful people, pls I intend applying for student visa in Canada. My sponsor has just about 1.5m in his account but he has mutual fund investments of about 5m that can be accessed in 5 working days and he earns over 11m in salary annually. Pls should I go ahead to use this person as my sponsor?
Kindly advise pls, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:43am On Dec 11, 2016
Be more specific and detail enough, so that the gurus will
know what information(s) to help you with.[quote author=MarieAnn2012 post=51821689]Good Morning everybody, even right now I don't know where to start from. lipsrsealed undecided

I just stumbled on this thread, I have gone through parts of the threads. The Infos are huge, overwhelming and it confuses me. I don't really know where to start from.

Please I just need a detailed explanation on the process to be taken (maybe how u did yours).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:51am On Dec 11, 2016
Using a sponsor with such a low closing balance can make it difficult to get TRV.
Some factors can still make it work;
(1) Do you have some funding from the school for your program?
(2) What's the balance on your SOA?
(3) The closing balance of 1.5m, is it after payment of tuition fee (if not funded)?
(4) Also, has the cost of living and flight been deducted to give you the 1.5m balance
If you answer NO to the above questions 1,3,4, I fear to tell you that the account balance is already a red flag to your application.
Thanks
kissyomyom:
Good morning wonderful people, pls I intend applying for student visa in Canada. My sponsor has just about 1.5m in his account but he has mutual fund investments of about 5m that can be accessed in 5 working days and he earns over 11m in salary annually. Pls should I go ahead to use this person as my sponsor?
Kindly advise pls, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2016
MarieAnn2012:
Good Morning everybody, even right now I don't know where to start from. lipsrsealed undecided

Any Info would be appreciated. Please cry
Gymme flawless1988 iykedare osemigho studentsng igbouwanile

Ma, you need to get admission to a school first. Btw,what is your cgpa ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kissyomyom: 10:32am On Dec 11, 2016
penitential:
Using a sponsor with such a low closing balance can make it difficult to get TRV.
Some factors can still make it work;
(1) Do you have some funding from the school for your program?
(2) What's the balance on your SOA?
(3) The closing balance of 1.5m, is it after payment of tuition fee (if not funded)?
(4) Also, has the cost of living and flight been deducted to give you the 1.5m balance
If you answer NO to the above questions 1,3,4, I fear to tell you that the account balance is already a red flag to your application.
Thanks

I intend to apply for PGD, I don't have any funding from the school, my SOA is about 500k, yes the 1.5m balance is after paying half of the tuition.
For the cost of living that's why I want to submit evidence from my sponsors investment manager about 5m+ (22000CAD).
Am not convinced the sponsors account balance will fly too that's why am seeking advise. Thank u sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2016
Gymme:
Development Economics tally with your undergraduate study. There are a couple of peeps in the program here (UNBC) that studied Economics in their undergrad too.

You may consider the school because it is cheaper and it may help reduce the 'size' of the SOA needed for your TRV application/approval.

God bless yu!!.. Beautiful info...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2016
Nony1:

Hello,
When are you leaving? Have you converted your Naira to dollars? Is it a fair deal?
I hope to hear from you soon.
My intake is for April... So I'm still chilling!... Time to plan other things
The conversion thing is an issue ooo but we'll find a way out..and we'll share info as soon as we're able to scale through.
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=Cure4fools post=51822759][/quote]
Yes boss... Accra is part of the options... depending on the passenger's preference.
Only that... This exchange rate issue has a way of catching up with yu like... MTN..... everywhere you go!!!
Remember the cost of getting to Ghana, add it to d ticket, it will be the same if not more angry
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2016
judlice84:
Mcgill University, MEng in Mech. No sponsorship letter

That's a top school. Bro, make good use of this opportunity to soar even higher.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 11:15am On Dec 11, 2016
Folaroyal:

My intake is for April... So I'm still chilling!... Time to plan other things
The conversion thing is an issue ooo but we'll find a way out..and we'll share info as soon as we're able to scale through.
Regards.

Why don't you request for PTA from your bank and pay your school fees using form A. You have enough time and CBN sometimes gives the banks dollars to sell at CBN rates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2016
kissyomyom:

I intend to apply for PGD, I don't have any funding from the school, my SOA is about 500k , yes the 1.5m balance is after paying half of the tuition.
For the cost of living that's why I want to submit evidence from my sponsors investment manager about 5m+ (22000CAD).
Am not convinced the sponsors account balance will fly too that's why am seeking advise. Thank u sir.
on a safer mode,your personal statement of account should be at least N1.million. even after paying half of the tuition, the N1.5m of your sponsor cant cover mandatory living expenses of minimum requirement,10000cad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MarieAnn2012: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2016
iykedare:

Ma, you need to get admission to a school first. Btw,what is your cgpa ?
Ok. 3.58 can I send you a pm?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by favour56: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have been a silent observer here since June, 2016 when my first visa application was 12weeks and counting. I was eventually refused august 19th (applied since march) reasons were level of education and current employment status , like others that applied for a PGD program. It was frustrating and exhausting. At first I didn't want to reapply because I didn't know where to start from and how to convince the visa officers. My best option will be going for a masters degree, but at the level of my career that's not what I want at the moment. So I contacted my school is Canada and they requested for the CAIPS note. It came back after 28days and their reasons were with my level of education ( BnSC Nursing) and the fact that I'm currently employed they don't see any reason I should be going for a post graduate diploma programme so therefore they don't think I'm a genuine student that would return after studies. When I got this all hope was lost. Getting a master degree was the only way out I said to myself. Then school offered to be my agent if I want to reapply and gave some tips like stressing how getting further degree is not what's next in my career, how international exposure in clinical and medical field will help get a more satisfying job in Nigeria. I took my time and composed another letter of explanation( my first letter of explanation wasn't well detailed) . I poured my heart out and explained my short and long term goals and how the diploma program will really help to achieve them. I was encouraged by friends and family to give it one more trial. I summoned all the courage, picked myself up and gave it my all one more time. I got letter of introduction and study leave permit from where I'm working and most importantly I basically committed everything into God's hand because it's a miracle I really needed. I worked on my faith and I did an upfront medicals( wasn't called for medicals in my first application)
I got bank statement( my dad is the sponsor) and sponsor's letter.
On October 28th I submitted through paper route and I prayed and hoped for a miracle. I set my mind on 2months for a miracle to happen.
To the glory of God the miracle worker I tracked my application on the 1st of December and I saw your passport has been dispatched from accra to VFS on 30/11/2016. I didn't believe it at first, I had to collect a colleagues phone to check again and I saw the same thing. I was scared, at the same time thanking God for fast response. I didn't know what the decision was but I just held on to my faith that it has been approved.
I haven't collected my package from lagos as I type this. But I know God that has started this good thing will finish it.
I'm typing this long story to encourage someone, we can always give it one more trial, search within your heart and ask yourself is this what is really next for me? Can I go ahead with another program? Does my choice tally with previous education background ? For me the diploma program is what I really needed now and opting for another degree won't really matter without the level of experience I want to acquire first. It's really important to compose a letter of explanation to explain why you are going for the program and how it wil help your career in Nigeria.
Then take it to the Lord in prayers, let him take control and direct your path. The waiting period is not easy. I decided not to check Naira land or any other forum people discuss their visa ordeals because as much as it helps to gather information it also increases my anxiety level. ( don't get it wrong, I got very good informations here that helped when I was reapplying)
All thanks be to God. I got my package today and it has been approved within the space of a month. I do serve a living God.
I hope I have encouraged someone to hold on to their goals/ dreams no matter how many times they have been disappointed or let down. The God that has done mine can do yours too.
If you don't think this is a miracle I don't know how else to convince you.
Do your part, pray and give it all to God.
I wish all the people waiting on their TRV a swift and positive response. You too will share your testimony by the grace of God

27 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Yelowfellow: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2016
favour56:

All thanks be to God. I got my package today and it has been approved within the space of a month. I do serve a living God.
I hope I have encouraged someone to hold on to their goals/ dreams no matter how many times they have been disappointed or let down. The God that has done mine can do yours too.
I wish all the people waiting on their TRV a swift and positive response. You too will share your testimony by the grace of God

Wow, thanks for the encouragement, and congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2016
MarieAnn2012:

Ok. 3.58 can I send you a pm?

No problem sending pm to me but it would also be nice if you ask your questions here. You will get lots of advice so you choose whichever suits you.

I guess your cgpa of 3.58 is on a 5 point scale,right? That is enough to get you Masters admission in some schools in Canada. What course did you study and what educational qualifications do you have?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
favour56:
Hello Everyone,

congrats....''as if you are directly speaking to me''
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Okey79: 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
Please I need help . How can I apply for no migrant visa for my Family and I.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by favour56: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
michV:
congrats....''as if you are directly speaking to me''
yes!!!
I noticed you got refused too. Just do your best in your next application and let God do the rest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by favour56: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
Yelowfellow:

Wow, thanks for the encouragement, and congratulations!
You are welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Crownny86: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all...

With much delibration on the issue of PGD/C by all, please who are then qualified to go for this program without fear of refusal?

I studied political science, CGPA of 3.01 and 3years experience in HRM with employment letters as prove. My aim is not academics but to get PGD/C that can enhance my career progression, give me foundation to do professional courses and get international exposure...

Do I have a chance with the Canada VOs?

@michV ,@Folaroyal, @Osemigho,@CannyZionist,@Austinpee4,@Mikymiko, @StudentsNG and other intellectuals in the house pls opinions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
Congratulations. I tap into your testimony.
favour56:
Hello Everyone,
I have been a silent observer here since June, 2016 when my first visa application was 12weeks and counting. I was eventually refused august 19th (applied since march) reasons were level of education and current employment status , like others that applied for a PGD program. It was frustrating and exhausting. At first I didn't want to reapply because I didn't know where to start from and how to convince the visa officers. My best option will be going for a masters degree, but at the level of my career that's not what I want at the moment. So I contacted my school is Canada and they requested for the CAIPS note. It came back after 28days and their reasons were with my level of education ( BnSC Nursing) and the fact that I'm currently employed they don't see any reason I should be going for a post graduate diploma programme so therefore they don't think I'm a genuine student that would return after studies. When I got this all hope was lost. Getting a master degree was the only way out I said to myself. Then school offered to be my agent if I want to reapply and gave some tips like stressing how getting further degree is not what's next in my career, how international exposure in clinical and medical field will help get a more satisfying job in Nigeria. I took my time and composed another letter of explanation( my first letter of explanation wasn't well detailed) . I poured my heart out and explained my short and long term goals and how the diploma program will really help to achieve them. I was encouraged by friends and family to give it one more trial. I summoned all the courage, picked myself up and gave it my all one more time. I got letter of introduction and study leave permit from where I'm working and most importantly I basically committed everything into God's hand because it's a miracle I really needed. I worked on my faith and I did an upfront medicals( wasn't called for medicals in my first application)
I got bank statement( my dad is the sponsor) and sponsor's letter.
On October 28th I submitted through paper route and I prayed and hoped for a miracle. I set my mind on 2months for a miracle to happen.
To the glory of God the miracle worker I tracked my application on the 1st of December and I saw your passport has been dispatched from accra to VFS on 30/11/2016. I didn't believe it at first, I had to collect a colleagues phone to check again and I saw the same thing. I was scared, at the same time thanking God for fast response. I didn't know what the decision was but I just held on to my faith that it has been approved.
I haven't collected my package from lagos as I type this. But I know God that has started this good thing will finish it.
I'm typing this long story to encourage someone, we can always give it one more trial, search within your heart and ask yourself is this what is really next for me? Can I go ahead with another program? Does my choice tally with previous education background ? For me the diploma program is what I really needed now and opting for another degree won't really matter without the level of experience I want to acquire first. It's really important to compose a letter of explanation to explain why you are going for the program and how it wil help your career in Nigeria.
Then take it to the Lord in prayers, let him take control and direct your path. The waiting period is not easy. I decided not to check Naira land or any other forum people discuss their visa ordeals because as much as it helps to gather information it also increases my anxiety level. ( don't get it wrong, I got very good informations here that helped when I was reapplying)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.