Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909223 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Those applying for Masters Fall 2017 admissions in Canada, most application deadlines will soon reach, some have already passed...

Quicken your admission application... Good luck....

University of British Columbia is accepting applications from Nigerians without any fee, I know many knw this already, but also note getting admission to UBC is almost like marrying a Nigerian male Virgin.

The admit way less than their applications.

So, I advise you also apply to other schools.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lipsyy: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
@
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cure4fools(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=favour56 post=51825990] Hello Everyone,
I have been a silent observer here since June, 2016 when my first visa application was 12weeks and counting. I was eventually refused august 19th (applied since march) reasons were level of education and current employment status , like others that applied for a PGD program. It was frustrating and exhausting. At first I didn't want to reapply because I didn't know where to start from and how to convince the visa officers. My best option will be going for a masters degree, but at the level of my career that's not what I want at the moment. So I contacted my school is Canada and they requested for the CAIPS note. It came back after 28days and their reasons were with my level of education ( BnSC Nursing) and the fact that I'm currently employed they don't see any reason I should be going for a post graduate diploma programme so therefore they don't think I'm a genuine student that would return after studies. When I got this all hope was lost. Getting a master degree was the only way out I said to myself. Then school offered to be my agent if I want to reapply and gave some tips like stressing how getting further degree is not what's next in my career, how international exposure in clinical and medical field will help get a more satisfying job in Nigeria. I took my time and composed another letter of explanation( my first letter of explanation wasn't well detailed) . I poured my heart out and explained my short and long term goals and how the diploma program will really help to achieve them. I was encouraged by friends and family to give it one more trial. I summoned all the courage, picked myself up and gave it my all one more time. I got letter of introduction and study leave permit from where I'm working and most importantly I basically committed everything into God's hand because it's a miracle I really needed. I worked on my faith and I did an upfront medicals( wasn't called for medicals in my first application)
I got bank statement( my dad is the sponsor) and sponsor's letter.
On October 28th I submitted through paper route and I prayed and hoped for a miracle. I set my mind on 2months for a miracle to happen.
To the glory of God the miracle worker I tracked my application on the 1st of December and I saw your passport has been dispatched from accra to VFS on 30/11/2016. I didn't believe it at first, I had to collect a colleagues phone to check again and I saw the same thing. I was scared, at the same time thanking God for fast response. I didn't know what the decision was but I just held on to my faith that it has been approved.
I haven't collected my package from lagos as I type this. But I know God that has started this good thing will finish it.
I'm typing this long story to encourage someone, we can always give it one more trial, search within your heart and ask yourself is this what is really next for me?

Congratulation. I can relate with your testimony. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MarieAnn2012: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
iykedare:

No problem sending pm to me but it would also be nice if you ask your questions here. You will get lots of advice so you choose whichever suits you.

I guess your cgpa of 3.58 is on a 5 point scale,right? That is enough to get you Masters admission in some schools in Canada. What course did you study and what educational qualifications do you have?
I studied Geology
B.sc Hons Geology
NYSC certificate (by March)
IELTS (in January)
NNPC recommendation letter
WAEC
Transcript (I have got transcript from my school, but inscribed on it was Do not use 4 official use) can I use it? Transcript to close by London is 35-40k
I usually prepare early for things and at most times I get them.
Cc. Osemigho Igbouwanile u guys posts re informative.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Those applying for Masters Fall 2017 admissions in Canada, most application deadlines will soon reach, some have already passed...

University of British Columbia is accepting applications from Nigerians without any fee, I know many knw this already, but also note getting admission to UBC is almost like marrying a Nigerian male Virgin.

It isn't a surprise that to get into ubc is tough. It is one of the best schools in the world and the best engineering school in Canada ( current rating).

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
MarieAnn2012:
I studied Geology
B.sc Hons Geology
IELTS (in January)
WAEC
Transcript (I have got transcript from my school, but inscribed on it was Do not use 4 official use) can I use it? Transcript to close by London is 35-40k

Start right now to look for schools that offer your program. I'm sure lots of schools offer that course in Canada. At this point, I would recommend you use Google to search for such schools. Check the application fees,deadlines, procedures, tuition and every other info that may be useful to you.

Apply to more than 3 schools to increase your chances. You can also write the school if you need some information from them . Yeah, some schools allow you email your transcript and then request for official transcript after you have been offered admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
favour56:

yes!!!
I noticed you got refused too. Just do your best in your next application and let God do the rest.
smiles..work is in progress..meanwhile in the success of ur TRV,this is why i always say that detailed SOP is a ''Cosmetic'' to a good application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
Please can you expatiate on how to send an email using the CIC account? I might go through this route too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
kissyomyom:
Good morning wonderful people, pls I intend applying for student visa in Canada. My sponsor has just about 1.5m in his account but he has mutual fund investments of about 5m that can be accessed in 5 working days and he earns over 11m in salary annually. Pls should I go ahead to use this person as my sponsor?
Kindly advise pls, thanks

Too too low, except your have scholarship covering fees and upkeep. Don't use unless account can cover full fees, upkeep and travel allowance. Plus left over for your sponsor and family. Be guided.

If you have fees scholarship, your headache is account covering upkeep and travel. If you have full ride, challenge is account showing travel.

Know your level and work it well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
Crownny86:
Happy Sunday to you all...

With much delibration on the issue of PGD/C by all, please who are then qualified to go for this program without fear of refusal?

I studied political science, CGPA of 3.01 and 3years experience in HRM with employment letters as prove. My aim is not academics but to get PGD/C that can enhance my career progression, give me foundation to do professional courses and get international exposure...

Do I have a chance with the Canada VOs?

@michV ,@Folaroyal, @Osemigho,@CannyZionist,@Austinpee4,@Mikymiko, @StudentsNG and other intellectuals in the house pls opinions

Your employment experience is OK.

Your need to prove it well with pay slip, employment letter, letter of introduction, etc.

You can't afford to have a slack profile in other part like finance as well. Plus a serious LOE and prayer, you can shoot it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
MarieAnn2012:
I studied Geology
B.sc Hons Geology
IELTS (in January)
WAEC

Calculate your last two years CGPA. If over 3.5, you are good.

Google search schools, check your program requirement and apply ASAP. You may need a one on one mentor to meet with deadline if you aiming for Fall 2017. You almost late but possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
Gymme:
Development Economics tally with your undergraduate study. There are a couple of peeps in the program here (UNBC) that studied Economics in their undergrad too.

You may consider the school because it is cheaper and it may help reduce the 'size' of the SOA needed for your TRV application/approval.

I appreciate your response bro.. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Baba. I greet you sir. You just foorget me you guy. Pls check your gmail. I have sent you a. Mail over 1month now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
michV:
smiles..work is in progress..meanwhile in the success of ur TRV,this is why i always say that detailed SOP is a ''Cosmetic'' to a good application

@MichV check your mail Bros. I send you the SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Congrats Favour. indeed, u r blessed and highly favoured. As d custom, kindly share list of the documents u submitted, ur school, program etc. cheers!!!
favour56:
Hello Everyone,
I have been a silent observer here since June, 2016 when my first visa application was 12weeks and counting. I was eventually refused august 19th (applied since march) reasons were level of education and current employment status , like others that applied for a PGD program. It was frustrating and exhausting. At first I didn't want to reapply because I didn't know where to start from and how to convince the visa officers. My best option will be going for a masters degree, but at the level of my career that's not what I want at the moment. So I contacted my school is Canada and they requested for the CAIPS note. It came back after 28days and their reasons were with my level of education ( BnSC Nursing) and the fact that I'm currently employed they don't see any reason I should be going for a post graduate diploma programme so therefore they don't think I'm a genuine student that would return after studies. When I got this all hope was lost. Getting a master degree was the only way out I said to myself. Then school offered to be my agent if I want to reapply and gave some tips like stressing how getting further degree is not what's next in my career, how international exposure in clinical and medical field will help get a more satisfying job in Nigeria. I took my time and composed another letter of explanation( my first letter of explanation wasn't well detailed) . I poured my heart out and explained my short and long term goals and how the diploma program will really help to achieve them. I was encouraged by friends and family to give it one more trial. I summoned all the courage, picked myself up and gave it my all one more time. I got letter of introduction and study leave permit from where I'm working and most importantly I basically committed everything into God's hand because it's a miracle I really needed. I worked on my faith and I did an upfront medicals( wasn't called for medicals in my first application)
I got bank statement( my dad is the sponsor) and sponsor's letter.
On October 28th I submitted through paper route and I prayed and hoped for a miracle. I set my mind on 2months for a miracle to happen.
To the glory of God the miracle worker I tracked my application on the 1st of December and I saw your passport has been dispatched from accra to VFS on 30/11/2016. I didn't believe it at first, I had to collect a colleagues phone to check again and I saw the same thing. I was scared, at the same time thanking God for fast response. I didn't know what the decision was but I just held on to my faith that it has been approved.
I haven't collected my package from lagos as I type this. But I know God that has started this good thing will finish it.
I'm typing this long story to encourage someone, we can always give it one more trial, search within your heart and ask yourself is this what is really next for me? Can I go ahead with another program? Does my choice tally with previous education background ? For me the diploma program is what I really needed now and opting for another degree won't really matter without the level of experience I want to acquire first. It's really important to compose a letter of explanation to explain why you are going for the program and how it wil help your career in Nigeria.
Then take it to the Lord in prayers, let him take control and direct your path. The waiting period is not easy. I decided not to check Naira land or any other forum people discuss their visa ordeals because as much as it helps to gather information it also increases my anxiety level. ( don't get it wrong, I got very good informations here that helped when I was reapplying)
All thanks be to God. I got my package today and it has been approved within the space of a month. I do serve a living God.
I hope I have encouraged someone to hold on to their goals/ dreams no matter how many times they have been disappointed or let down. The God that has done mine can do yours too.
If you don't think this is a miracle I don't know how else to convince you.
Do your part, pray and give it all to God.
I wish all the people waiting on their TRV a swift and positive response. You too will share your testimony by the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Osemigho:

UofT and UofVic plus any other schools that can offer full ride. My choice of school in canada is determined by level of international funding provided for MA courses, not name of school or location. It is left for them to determine if am compatible with them, while I fulfill requirements which may include getting a supervisor.

Please, who applied to UBC recently? Is their application fee waiver for Nigerians still on?

I applied in june and didn't pay a dime. All the best of luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
favour56:
Hello Everyone,

All thanks be to God. I got my package today and it has been approved within the space of a month. I do serve a living God.
I hope I have encouraged someone to hold on to their goals/ dreams no matter how many times they have been disappointed or let down. The God that has done mine can do yours too.
Lovely!!... Impressive!!.. All glory to God!!!
Congrats.... I claim this testimony for all hopefuls (your TRV is closer than you know)
Regards

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
Good evening chukwu pls do UBC request for official or unofficial transcript for their application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
taiwo92:
Good evening chukwu pls do UBC request for official or unofficial transcript for their application.

yes, you will have to apply online with your unofficial transcript. UBC will request that you ask your alma mata to send your official transcript after issuing u a conditional offer of admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
lyndaugochukwu:

I applied in june and didn't pay a dime. All the best of luck.
wow! Which course? Have you been admitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
lyndaugochukwu:

yes, you will have to apply online with your unofficial transcript. UBC will request that you ask your alma mata to send your official transcript after issuing u a conditional offer of admission.

Sup, did ubc offer you admission?

How about you, mcowubaba?

Getting admission to the university of Toronto,mcgill and university of British Columbia means that you are highly qualified. Sometimes these universities admit not more than 10% of those who meet their admission standard.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
iykedare:

Sup, did ubc offer you admission?

How about you, mcowubaba?

Getting admission to the university of Toronto,mcgill and university of British Columbia means that you are highly qualified. Sometimes these universities admit not more than 10% of those who meet their admission standard.
my brother, see as you dey mention top schs like say na beans
U just mentioned the top 4 schs in canada

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
wow! Which course? Have you been admitted?

Masters in lib & inf. studies. Meanwhile hope u are a good statement of purpose writer? l had to respond to three sets of questions with specific word limit, its part of the application process. Good CGPA is also needed.

ln a nutshell, l prayed for the grace and favour of God as l only applied to UBC. God's grace is always sufficient so l got it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
its not your final cgpa that matters, its ur last 4 semesters. If you made above a cumulative of 3.5 in your last 2 years, then kudos!
You are admissible.

I had to go and do the math...i had 3.58 for the last two sessions...

Is it ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
my brother, see as you dey mention top schs like say na beans
U just mentioned the top 4 schs in canada

Those schools are the " ivy league" schools in Canada. Lyndaugochukwu, you are favoured to be there. Soar higher. Btw, what was your final cgpa?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Congratulation @Favour56! We don't give up until we win! Go and do exploit.

Meanwhile, I'll like to use this opportunity to throw in a little advise as regards the SOP/LOE. Please, If you need to point anything out in your application or bring a VO's attention to a particular situation surrounding your application or even buttress on your intent to study in Canada, let's kindly do so without suggesting or giving a VO more to chew out of our application. I recently went through a SOP of someone and most of the content were more about the circumstances surrounding why he needed to travel to Canada to study rather than the benefits his study in Canada will add to him as an individual and the society at large and why his application should be approved.
We all know the situation of the country and i believe the VO is well informed too. Demeaning the country further in your SOP may raise concerns about your purpose of visit when there shouldn't be any in the first instance.

I mean, you are claiming you will leave Canada at the end of your stay and return home yet you have a negative impression and complains about same country you'll be returning to.It's logical to say you have used your own hands to say you WON'T, CAN'T AND NEVER return.

Patriotism is seen at different level in the western world and held with high esteem no matter how little. We must at least try to show this somehow in our application if we really need to talk about our country despite the worsening situation.
I feel SOP/LOE should only surround our application and nothing more. Leave unnecessary sentiments and issues out of it.

Each applicant is treated as a potential immigrant and possibly citizen. They also look out for the advantages of having you in their country. what values you will be bringing in and how relative they are to theirs. You must be patriotic even from the word GO!
Please guys, let's pay attention to every details of our application. If you feel you need a SOP, let it reflect the main purpose of the application.
Otherwise, just leave it out. It will do you more good than harm especially when your application is well packaged and convincing.

wishing everybody at different stages of the process success. It will definitely end well when we continue to do the needful. Happy Sunday!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
Abduletudaye:

I had to go and do the math...i had 3.58 for the last two sessions...

Is it ok?
yeah it is definitely okay.
But since you know you are barely above the cutoff (make i tell you the truth, no point in 'boboing' you), apply to more that one sch to maximize ur chances, also check out UNBC, MUN etc. these schs are very cheap too
Don't forget to put in a good essay also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MarieAnn2012: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Osemigho:

Calculate your last two years CGPA. If over 3.5, you are good.

Google search schools, check your program requirement and apply ASAP. You may need a one on one mentor to meet with deadline if you aiming for Fall 2017. You almost late but possible.
yeah it's way above 3.5 (this just opened a whole new story, the person that calculated the transcript just did wuru-wuru and ctrl+v the final CgpA, any problem on that?) wanna join u on ur free ride too, which school offer it?
What's these terms TRV, PGC, SOE, Soa, LoE etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
yeah it is definitely okay.
But since you know you are barely above the cutoff (make i tell you the truth, no point in 'boboing' you), apply to more that one sch to maximize ur chances, also check out UNBC, MUN etc. these schs are very cheap too
Don't forget to put in a good essay also.

Thanks bro..i appreciate. Please what are the full names of those acronyms u stated?

I also discovered what SOP means... cheesy

What if i dont wanna do research work? Is it by force?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
Abduletudaye:

Thanks bro..i appreciate. Please what are the full names of those acronyms u stated?

I also discovered what SOP means... cheesy

What if i dont wanna do research work? Is it by force?
UNBC = University of Northern British Columbia
MUN = Memorial University of Newfoundland

Of course its not conpulsory you choose Msc (research/thesis-based) you can choose M.Eng (course based)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
UNBC = University of Northern British Columbia
MUN = Memorial University of Newfoundland

Of course its not conpulsory you choose Msc (research/thesis-based) you can choose M.Eng (course based)

Oh, i get it now... wink

I will do research on these schools. Thanks.. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MarieAnn2012: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
lyndaugochukwu:

Masters in lib & inf. studies. Meanwhile hope u are a good statement of purpose writer? l had to respond to three sets of questions with specific word limit, its part of the application process. Good CGPA is also needed.

ln a nutshell, l prayed for the grace and favour of God as l only applied to UBC. God's grace is always sufficient so l got it.
yeah it's way above 3.5 (this just opened a whole new story, the person that calculated the transcript just did wuru-wuru and ctrl+v the final CgpA, any problem on that?) wanna join u on ur free ride too, which school offer it?
What's these terms TRV, PGC, SOE, Soa, LoE etc
is IElts required?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.