Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909156 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chinaylo: 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
I have been a guest on nairaland and discovered this thread lately. i have some questions.

Please do Canadian Universities assess MSc transcripts with Bsc transcripts if i am to apply for a Masters degree? I have a masters degree from UK, with a stellar grade i dont know if this is relevant? My CGPA in the last two years was of my UG was 3.49. Would i be admitted for a pre-masters course in University of Manitoba for instance? or gain direct entry to ottawa? I have been having the urge to apply to these schools based on what i have read here?. I don't know if i am following the wrong path.

Also is it really advisable not to disclose a previous masters degree such as that of UK in an application when your passport would show you have been granted a UK student visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
MarieAnn2012:
What's these terms TRV, PGC, SOE, Soa, LoE etc
TRV - Temporary Residence Visa PGC/D - Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma SOE - Statement of Explanation SOA- Statement of Account LOE-Letter of Explanation LOI - Letter of Introduction

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
RAY12345:

TRV - Temporary Residence Visa
PGC/D - Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma
SOE - Statement of Explanation
SOA- Statement of Account
LOE-Letter of Explanation
LOI - Letter of Introduction

How does SOE, LOE, and LOI differ from each other?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Qupp: 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
what about sop?
Abduletudaye:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
iykedare:

Those schools are the " ivy league" schools in Canada. Lyndaugochukwu, you are favoured to be there. Soar higher. Btw, what was your final cgpa?

Thank you Ikye for the advise.
Two last semesters is 4.2 and 4.5
CGPA 4.24.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Abduletudaye:

To d best of my knowledge, I think SOE/LOE are d same and means a letter where u explain the reasons why u r going for a course, how it will be of benefit to u, etc while LOI is written on ur behalf by the company u work for stating ur profile with them.
That's what I think they mean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
RAY12345:

To d best of my knowledge, I think SOE/LOE are d same and means a letter where u explain the reasons why u r going for a course, how it will be of benefit to u, etc while LOI is written on ur behalf by the company u work for stating ur profile with them.

Ok, cool. Wouldnt be needing the LOI then..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Qupp: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
What about sop?
RAY12345:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
Qupp:
what about sop?

Statement of purpose.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
chinaylo:
I have been a guest on nairaland and discovered this thread lately. i have some questions.

Please do Canadian Universities assess MSc transcripts with Bsc transcripts if i am to apply for a Masters degree? I have a masters degree from UK, with a stellar grade i dont know if this is relevant? My CGPA in the last two years was of my UG was 3.49. Would i be admitted for a pre-masters course in University of Manitoba for instance? or gain direct entry to ottawa? I have been having the urge to apply to these schools based on what i have read here?. I don't know if i am following the wrong path.

Also is it really advisable not to disclose a previous masters degree such as that of UK in an application when your passport would show you have been granted a UK student visa?

Try PhD if you worried about all these.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
guzan:
I need it pls,I PMed you

Teeewhyy please l PMed you yesterday and sent you mail too for the distant relative affidavit sample so l can borrow a leaf or two from it as l am in the same situation. Please help me out with the sample.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
lyndaugochukwu:

CGPA 4.24.

Very good CGPA. You are likely to have a full ride if you are going for thesis courses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
@lyndaugochukwu congrats once again
Ur gpa no be beans oooo, u be confirm serious student, did your admission come with full funding and any other goodies like TA/RA ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
I wanna ask, if i cant sponsor myself or my folks cant do it, cant someone else do this?

Whats the 411?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emmy4Gold: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
good evening to everyone in the house, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while now, although I had submitted my application b4 gotten to know abt the thread. I submitted my application sept 9 with an upfront medical. I linked my application online on the 15th of November and saw medical passed since then there has not been any update. the waiting has not been easy. To the gurus in house what are my chances of getting TRV, I applied to SAIT BAPT program and the deadline of tuition fee payment is on the 12th December, Pls I need ur advice..... school resumes 9th Jan 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
Osemigho:

Very good CGPA. You are likely to have a full ride if you are going for thesis courses.

Which one be "full ride" ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
MarieAnn2012:

yeah it's way above 3.5 (this just opened a whole new story, the person that calculated the transcript just did wuru-wuru and ctrl+v the final CgpA, any problem on that?) wanna join u on ur free ride too, which school offer it?
What's these terms TRV, PGC, SOE, Soa, LoE etc
is IElts required?

TRV = Temporary Resident Visa
PGC = Post Graduate Certificate
SOE= Statement of Explanation Also known as Statement of intent or purpose
LOE = Letter of explanation A.K.A Statement of explanation

No Ielts isn't required. On the recommendation form it will be stated by your lecturer or supervisor that you were taught in English.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MarieAnn2012: 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2016
Osemigho:

Calculate your last two years CGPA. If over 3.5, you are good.

Google search schools, check your program requirement and apply ASAP. You may need a one on one mentor to meet with deadline if you aiming for Fall 2017. You almost late but possible.
mentor as in?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
brandymcmb:

Which one be "full ride" ?
ride wey full wink
Just kidding... Na ride wey cover tuition + living expenses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abduletudaye(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
ride wey full wink
Just kidding... Na ride wey cover tuition + living expenses

Omo see groove! shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fronter: 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
scimitar:

Sorry about the delay.

I happen to have that same delay problem, but don't know why. I only just got an email to check my status.

Does everyone (online and paper) get that 'final decision email'? Mine was paper that was later linked. I'd like to quickly know why mine was delayed too.

Sorry again.
what date did u apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fronter: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
scimitar:

Sorry about the delay.

I happen to have that same delay problem, but don't know why. I only just got an email to check my status.

Does everyone (online and paper) get that 'final decision email'? Mine was paper that was later linked. I'd like to quickly know why mine was delayed too.

Sorry again.
what date did u apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Riddeek:
@lyndaugochukwu congrats once again
Ur gpa no be beans oooo, u be confirm serious student, did your admission come with full funding and any other goodies like TA/RA ?

According to the school, the best 5 applicants for 2016 will be giving scholarship by August when the decision will be made. For now, just got the international grant of 3,200. The good part is that one can pay tuition in three installments which is always due on the first week of the semester.

Finally, na visa be the koko oooh, no be school profile lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fronter: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Billiondoe:
Submitted my TRV application since July 27. No update yet. No medicals. God dey o. Seems GHANA application takes long o. School is resuming January 6. I tire o.
chill I'm in same shoes too I know how you feel. Mine is since June 9th still nothing from them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
Teeewhyy:

let him make swear an affidavit of sponsor at any court of law. which will include how much he plans to give you yearly and reason why he decides to sponsor a distant family like you.
you have to be very careful when typing the affidavit and make it convincing that no matter what finacialy sutuiation he finds himsefl he wont back up from sponsoring you .

PM me with your email I'll send you a sample of the affidavit

Teeewhyy please l PMed you yesterday and sent you mail too for the distant relative affidavit sample so l can borrow a leaf or two from it as l am in the same situation. Please help me out with the sample.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
emmy4Gold:
good evening to everyone in the house, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while now, although I had submitted my application b4 gotten to know abt the thread. I submitted my application sept 9 with an upfront medical. I linked my application online on the 15th of November and saw medical passed since then there has not been any update. the waiting has not been easy. To the gurus in house what are my chances of getting TRV, I applied to SAIT BAPT program and the deadline of tuition fee payment is on the 12th December, Pls I need ur advice..... school resumes 9th Jan 2017
Just like most people in your situation have been advised already, you'll have to still be more patient and wait for the final decision on your appliction from CIC as nobody here can tell you about your chances of getting the TRV.
Be positive about the outcome as you wait for them to revert back to you.
You should also reach your school and inform them about the situation and get advise concerning the fees payment and deadline. They should better guide or advise you on how to proceed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Please anyone in the house that applied for TRV online either Sept or October , that has been contacted .
Plenty good news for paper applicants , what have online applicants done to CIC ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
lyndaugochukwu:

CGPA 4.24.

Its amazing we have same CGPA, though my last two years were higher. Congrats on your admission to UBC and don't forget to package your trv application very well so you don't have to do it twice. All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iykedare(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
lyndaugochukwu:

Finally, na visa be the koko oooh, no be school profile lol.

Yeah, visa na the koko but the profile of such school will get the attention of the visa officer and so he will deny such applicants only if there are serious unforgivable blunders in their visa application.

Btw, my friends in Canada told me that employers in Canada love students from the "big" 3 schools in Canada - Toronto, McGill and UBC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
emmy4Gold:

Check the processing times on CIC website and if your app is more than the weeks stated, you will have to send them a mail telling them your app is more than the processing times. Go through this thread for CIC correspondence email. Please only when your app is more than the processing times. Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
Abduletudaye:
I wanna ask, if i cant sponsor myself or my folks cant do it, cant someone else do this?

Whats the 411?
Yes, you can sponsor yourself if you have sufficient funds to pay your tuition and support yourself atleast for one year.Also, You will have to show a reliable source of income to support yourself for subsequent year (s) if your program is more than a year.
Anybody can sponsor you but you should show and prove their relationship to you and why the want to support your studies financially.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
iykedare:

Yeah, visa na the koko but the profile of such school will get the attention of the visa officer and so he will deny such applicants only if there are serious unforgivable blunders in their visa application.

Btw, my friends in Canada told me that employers in Canada love students from the "big" 3 schools in Canada - Toronto, McGill and UBC.

Bros, while I agree that big schools are okay, most employers also look at your skills in line with job posts. Don't be so carried away with big schools because some of them are over rated. A big school might be good in some courses and end up competing with lower schools in some courses. I think the rating of those big schools is mostly tied to their research capabilities.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.