Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910196 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2016
@skylar2020.....I sight you. have u gotten ur TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2016
Tosh1:
Please who got approval mail last week? My application status changed to closed and a final decision has been taken since last week but I'm yet to get a mail confirming the departure of my documents from Accra.
Also,to everyone waiting,God is a God of last minute.
Submitted :8th of August
Medical mail:14th of December
Approval mail:23rd of December
It's so easy for us to complain,but who wouldn't?The wait almost killed me but I'm thankful.
I pray y'll have a cause to rejoice
Thank God!! You did not sound initially like it was an approval... That keeps our heart beating ooo!!!
That's a Xmas gift no doubt.... Happy for you.
Are you for January intake?... You must be under pressure to meet up then.
You should track the package on vfs website to get required update but it takes up to 7 working days to reach visa application centre.
Let me know when you need your travel ticket and other members are on hand to procide support till you settle in your destination ..... Accommodation .... PoE expectations.... Just ask when required!
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ObenJoshua(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2016
skylar2020:

please is manitoba thesis or course based?
pls how much is university of guelph tuition fees for masters in computer science . thnks

Manitoba has the three options,
thesis
course work
i cant remember the third option
and I also know that thesis option attracts more funding, though its competitive.

And for Guelph, I am not quite sure, but I know of a brother of mine in church who left around September for Guelph, apparently He is doing a thesis program, and has been in contact with supervisors since, so he enjoys benefits of one of these assistant programs..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2016
Sexyqueen2:
Hello Fam.

Please how soon does CIC send the POE letter.

Also, how soon did you get your passport back.

Cc Folaroyal, Dreamscometrue.
Correspondence letter is already attached to your account page.... If you linked your application to online account.
Although most people don't realise this because of how/where it is attached.

Meanwhile, another copy comes with your processed application... But if you're eager to know especially your approved study permit duration (dates)... Look well and print out!

Passport will usually get back to Visa application centre in about 7 working days.
Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
So cic says 15 says for visiting visa. It's been 11 days now and no update in my account. I can't take this pressure anymore.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hello guyz. Pls i need to confirm if VFS will work tomorrow being a half day. I got a passport request today and I'm currently out of lagos. I'm meant to resume latest 9th of sept. So i am thinking of going tomorrow tto drop my passport. Anyone here with a contact number??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by opella(f): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
compliment of the season house. Please I just started my application to university of Manitoba for an M.sc program fall 2017. What do they mean by Statement of funding? are my to write how i am to fund the program or what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by t405: 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hi.I need to have another passport issued for my daughter.pls does anyone have a contact number here in Lagos passport office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
miella:

You can apply if the deadline for your choice of program has not passed. It is free. I think they waived it for Nigerians because of the international spending limit (not too sure). But the deadline for most programs has passed. Check the school website for more information.
Please do you know any other university in Canada that has free application fees.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judlice84: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dreamscometrue:
Any one travelling on 6th of January.
@Dreamscometrue, I don't know who you are but I cannot, in my good conscience, allow you to use my profile decieve people. I know you will argue but the truth is that I didn't list one important document required by a student going to study in Quebec. I don't know your intentions but I am to argue with you to prove you wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chidaluarnold: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
I would like to make enquiry on ticket to Winnipeg. Mr Folaroyal how do I get in touch? I am new to nairaland
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
iamosamede55:
Hello guyz. Pls i need to confirm if VFS will work tomorrow being a half day. I got a passport request today and I'm currently out of lagos. I'm meant to resume latest 9th of sept. So i am thinking of going tomorrow tto drop my passport. Anyone here with a contact number??

You can confirm VFS working days from their website.

I think they will work tomorrow.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by princeadedayo: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
iamosamede55:

30 December 2016: Canada visa application centres in Nigeria will close early on Friday, 30 December 2016.Kindly note that the Visa Application Centre will close for Application submissions at 13.00 on Friday, 30 December 2016. However, timings for Biometrics Only and Collection will be till 15.00

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
adeniyi3971:

which one can I apply that is very affordable and house rent don't come close to that?
You would get a good apartment (room) around NBCC between 300 and 350 per month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
abdullahi45:

Please do you know any other university in Canada that has free application fees.
Thanks
No, I don't.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by anjola1: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hi Guys

I have been an ardent but silent follower of this thread. You are all amazing. I just got my passport request mail and would like to share my timeline to encourage other hopefuls. Don't give up on God because he wont give up on you.

Course of Study: Human Resource Management PGC ( Co-op) Humber College

Online Application
Submitted :Sept 22nd
Biometrics:Sept 30th
Medical Mail: December 14th
Medical Passed: December 28th
Passport Request: December 29th

Documents Submitted

Passport Datapage
Letter of Acceptance
Sponsor's (Father) BOA Account Statement worth $24,000
Sponsor's Gtb Dom Account $8500
Sponsor's Confirmation of Salary and benefits Letter on Company Letterhead
Sponsor's Deed on Property in the USA
Co-op Work Permit Letter from Humber College
Tuition Receipt $2000
CIC Forms

I had an issue with my medicals because I had already done a medical exam for another application a month ago so I was trying to use the same medical report for my study permit app because the clinic said I could. After a lot of calls to the clinic and mails to CIC, I was told the former medicals are still valid and my app was updated.

I have a BSc in Management Information Systems from Nigeria and MSc in Management and Finance from UK with 3 years Work Experience in HR. Travel history in UK,Canada and UAE. I didn't include Proof of all these in my app and I was so scared when I got to Nairaland. So please when applying include proofs of everything to avoid heart attack like me.

I am suppose to resume on the 9th of January. Please I need help with flight tickets and Accommodation around Etobicoke in Toronto.

Wishing all TRV hopefuls Success. It would definitely end in Praise.

18 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wiljen120: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
judlice84:

@Dreamscometrue, I don't know who you are but I cannot, in my good conscience, allow you to use my profile decieve people. I know you will argue but the truth is that I didn't list one important document required by a student going to study in Quebec. I don't know your intentions but I am to argue with you to prove you wrong.

Do you mean @dreamcometrue is an imposter ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lol,yeah...it has been dispatched since yesterday,called Vfs this morning and they said it won't be available till the following week,I need a ticket asap...the ones i've seen so far be making me want to cry,I don't know the documents I will need for POE,still looking for accommodation o...Seneca king campus.
Thank you.
Folaroyal:

Thank God!! You did not sound initially like it was an approval... That keeps our heart beating ooo!!!
That's a Xmas gift no doubt.... Happy for you.
Are you for January intake?... You must be under pressure to meet up then.
You should track the package on vfs website to get required update but it takes up to 7 working days to reach visa application centre.
Let me know when you need your travel ticket and other members are on hand to procide support till you settle in your destination ..... Accommodation .... PoE expectations.... Just ask when required!
Regards.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Don't think anything is wrong,applied early August too...just be prayerful...after reading the documents other people submitted,I felt like there is no way my application would get approved...and my sop...BAD...didn't know it's so important,even filled made mistakes while filling the forms..I just wrote rubbish there for them,but when God world on something,it'd be perfect,you'd be blind to the flaws.God will take care of it for you

oseodile:
I submitted my canadian study visa application since late August 2016, for over 20 weeks now nothing concrete.. What could be wrong? Is there anyway I can reach them?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
*works on
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sebho(m): 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
good afternoon all the gurus in the house,i have some question to ask please i would if someone can help me with the answers
i applied for TRV on 27th of October and my application was receive on the 30th Oct and the same day i link my application,and now i can monitor my application but i notice something DAT my medical was indicate whether i pass or fail because i have don medical before in July 25th when i got a medical mail for last application which i was delayed and they told me it is of a year. BUT now when i check my application statutes online it show DAT my application statutes is not available and DAT i should try again later dis has been happening since 20th of NOV till now.....NO TABLE TO SHOW IF I PASS THE MEDICAL OR NOT OR IF THEY NEED ME TO GO FOR ANOTHER MEDICALS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
iamosamede55:
Congrats in advance!!!..
0815 019 9900 vfs Lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
abdullahi45:

Thanks
University Canada west, Vancouver.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judlice84: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Yeah. He or she is an imposter. People should be aware of that.
wiljen120:

Do you mean @dreamcometrue is an imposter ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Chidaluarnold:
I would like to make enquiry on ticket to Winnipeg. Mr Folaroyal how do I get in touch? I am new to nairaland
I sent you a request .. Confirm receipt pls. Do you have your approval or TRV yet?
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
anjola1:
Hi Guys

I have been an ardent but silent follower of this thread. You are all amazing. I just got my passport request mail and would like to share my timeline to encourage other hopefuls. Don't give up on God because he wont give up on you.

Course of Study: Human Resource Management PGC ( Co-op) Humber College

Online Application
Submitted :Sept 22nd
Biometrics:Sept 30th
Medical Mail: December 14th
Medical Passed: December 28th
Passport Request: December 29th

Documents Submitted

Passport Datapage
Letter of Acceptance
Sponsor's (Father) BOA Account Statement worth $24,000
Sponsor's Gtb Dom Account $8500
Sponsor's Confirmation of Salary and benefits Letter on Company Letterhead
Sponsor's Deed on Property in the USA
Co-op Work Permit Letter from Humber College
Tuition Receipt $2000
CIC Forms

I had an issue with my medicals because I has already done a medical exam for another application a month ago so I was trying to use the same medical report for my study permit app because the clinic said I could. After a lot of calls to the clinic and mails to CIC, I was told the former medicals are still valid and my app was updated.

I have a BSc in Management Information Systems from CU and MSc in Management and Finance from a UK University with 3 years Work Experience in HR. Travel history in UK,Canada and UAE. I didn't include Proof of all these in my app and I was so scared when I got to Nairaland. So please when applying include proofs of everything to avoid heart attack like me.

I am suppose to resume on the 9th of January. Please I need help with flight tickets and Accommodation around Etobicoke in Toronto.

Wishing all TRV hopefuls Success. It would definitely end in Praise.
Nice one.. All glory to God. .
At least we have someone with PGD in HRM approval!!! (but note he has work related experience ).
Pls send pm... I'll be glad to provide link to flight tickets....
Many congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
judlice84:
Yeah. He or she is an imposter. People should be aware of that.

The so called dreamcometrue...defend yourself nah. I don't know why we Nigerians always misuse opportunities. People are happy here to see your trv come alive....Ase imposter ni eheheh.
God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
@folaroyal. Bros I sent back my SOP to you but u never get back to me sir. And again I want to ask you dis.... if I submit my SOA for trv app does that mean I won't be able to withdraw any money there? including my sponsor's own too?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Tosh1:

Lol,yeah...it has been dispatched since yesterday,called Vfs this morning and they said it won't be available till the following week,I need a ticket asap...the ones i've seen so far be making me want to cry,I don't know the documents I will need for POE,still looking for accommodation o...Seneca king campus.
Thank you.
Everything takes take with Canada oooo!!!!!!..... You wait for admission.. .. Wait for TRV.... Wait for dispatched package!!!
But you should have it by next week.
I responded to your pm already.... Pls confirm receipt.
Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.