Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909940 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by primeson1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
what's the name of the college bro?

flyboi1:
hey everyone.

i applied to 3 schools for fall 2017 resumption - 1 college and 2 universities.

I just got my acceptance letter from the College- program is Prof. Financial services. (it was sent since December but i never got it. after several follow ups, i finally got it today from the school's west African representative.)

My undergraduate degree was in Banking and Finance. 3 yrs Banking experience also.

Is it advisable i start my TRV application with this, or i just wait for the universities(MBA)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
SURGEE:
I think for those applying for study permit and thinking of writing SOPs, you can learn from this template i guess. The applicant really analysed his application to the VO.

http://www.duhochoancau.edu.vn/en/find-country/study-in-canada/consultancy/item/640-sample-cover-letter-applying-for-study-permit-in-canada

However, be careful to also note the number of views the webpage has received.

Well detailed, its a letter of explanation and not a SOP (this is an essay). Though the two serves same purpose. Just that an essay doesn't have an address while a letter does.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gbsunmonu: 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello all,

Kindly assist, a friend of mine got a mail now to provide new acceptance form and was sent a medical mail as well.

But the thing is he was refused last year June after medical . So i heard medical is valid for a year.

Is he meant to do another medical or sent a mail to them telling them he has done one before ?

Kindly assist guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello all,

Kindly assist, a friend of mine got a mail now to provide new acceptance form and was sent a medical mail as well.

But the thing is he was refused last year June after medical . So i heard medical is valid for a year.

Is he meant to do another medical or sent a mail to them telling them he has done one before ?

Kindly assist guys
What was the reason for the refusal last year? if the refusal reason wasn't base on the medical result, he can submit that result again.If base on medical result, he should go for another medical if and only if the reasons has been corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gbsunmonu: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
penitential:

What was the reason for the refusal last year? if the refusal reason wasn't base on the medical result, he can submit that result again.If base on medical result, he should go for another medical if and only if the reasons has been corrected.

The refusal was based on finance not medical as seen on gcmc . She passed medical that time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
Use the same medical then.
gbsunmonu:

The refusal was based on finance not medical as seen on gcmc . She passed medical that time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
Abiodunne:
Hello,

Got a mail from cic telling me to provide a new acceptance letter or proof that i can begin classes with my current letter of acceptance. Now i mailed the school and i was told i do not have a current letter of acceptance because the one i have now is for winter 2017 which i guess has expired by now as i could not resume Jan 9th 2017. the thing is i already deferred once(from fall 2016 to winter 2017) as this is my second visa application. i cant defer again as i am only allowed to defer once....by the way the next available date for my program is fall 2017. please i would like to know what to do in this case.. if i should re apply and pay another application fee so as to get a new letter of acceptance...cos i have to reply cic before 24th of march. I have been trying to talk to sum1 at the international admissions office but nobody seems to be on seat. i did my medical yesterday @Qlife family clinic Victoria Island
note: i have already paid my fees in full

school:Conestoga college
Program: computer application security PGC

Discus further possibilities with your school, show them the letter/email requesting a new start date, they may reconsider and issue a new letter at no additional cost.
If they still insist you pay as though you are reapplying, do so. They are just after the app fees and not necessarily another review of your application.

So reach your school first and in whatsover decision they insist, you proceed accordingly. Congratulation in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
post=53920448:

[s]Don't just start this else we are going to have problem here[/s]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Alexissanchezz: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello all,

Kindly assist guys

When did he apply what route !!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello all,

Kindly assist guys
Yes medical is valid for a year. Since it isn't Up to 12 months yet,the previous examination is still valid.
Apparently it wasn't an upfront medical in the earlier application, so all he needs to do is to take the new medical form from CIC to the hospital he did the previous medical and the hospital will resend the result to CIC using the details on the new medical doc the embassy sent. He won't undergo another examination.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
penitential:

@the bolded. Justwise, i will like you to be more explicit about the bolded.
Because some applications with huge closing balance without good flow of financial transactions on the S.O.A has been denied (lump sum) esp if the S.O.A belongs to the sponsor(which s/he is supposed to be a working class). It can be possible in a situation whereby such happens to the PA account with a L.O.E to explain it as commitment to the PA from the sponsor.
Please clarify may be i may be wrong.

Bank statement and balance on it it's not always about inflow and outflow, in most cases it matters not.

When presenting bank statement for student visa application the two most important things here are:

1.The amount on it..does it cover your fees and maintenance for a year?

2. The source of that money.. can the applicant defend the source of that money with paper evidence? This is not about presenting fat bank balance and wrote pages of stories without clearly presenting evidence how you made that money.

Study permit is not been refused because of lack of inflow and outflow but because people don't convince the embassy that the money will be available for use in Canada

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
o2:
Hello guys,

Its been such a while because i was devastated by my refusal last year. I was gunning for an MBA this time around but i have not been able to clinch an admission (in an affordable school) because of my scores 3.2/5. Thompson rivers university refused my admission but advised i could go for a Post bachellorete (french word) degree in BUsiness Admin and that if i have a B i could advance to do thei MBA, It will act like a foundation course. So my question is can I state in my SOP that MBA was my goal and the PGD is a means to an end. Does this make sense

Background info; early thirties
Job experience: 8 years
Financial Sponsor: Mum
Family: Hubby and two kids (will most likely apply alone and later apply for them to join me so they would be home tie)
presently working
Total Savings: 2mmm (apart from money Mumsie go show)

So what are my odds.
A good SOP will be dependent on alot of factors. So these factors must have pointers that the journey from your intended program to an MBA will best add to you academically and careerwise.

So before you start writting a statement of purpose that will suggest you are going for this program as a route to an MBA, you must consider

1.your undergraduate degree
2.your achievements,projections and the limiting factors that your prospective program will close up on and how it wil give you advantage to securing an MBA.
3.your experience (can see it's good) in the finaancial sectors.
4.How you intend to use your skills and experiences to better your situation and the world by extension.

Your SOP will make the difference in your chance to get your application approved. You will have alot of work to do in writting this. This is probably the only way to communicate your intentions to a VO conviencingly.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SURGEE(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Eraytee:

Well detailed, its a letter of explanation and not a SOP (this is an essay). Though the two serves same purpose. Just that an essay doesn't have an address while a letter does.

Good. the guy really explained his entire document to the VO. I think applicants going the PGC route can adopt and improve on such LOE, making sure their applications are well detailed and for simplicity, just as someone once said on this forum, create a table of content with links to the various pages of the content or points raised in the LOE using the adobe application/software. I guess it says a lot about the applicant while concurrently making the application an easy-to-read for the VO. But such applications should go the online route. Reasons are pretty obvious.

Infact, i will advice anyone going for PGC/college to just go the online route.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Osemigho:

According to others, 500k personal account. 1m dad or mom account with letter of support.

What about just ₦2mil+ in dad's account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Blackanada:

What about just ₦2mil+ in dad's account?

Fully funded? Can prove source of money? If yes, I believe you can shoot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
Osemigho:
Fully funded? Can prove source of money? If yes, I believe you can shoot.

Yes fully funded and the money is provable.
My dad is a retired army Colonel (if that matters), and the money is from his pension and rent of properties.

Just need to be sure that amount is sufficient for my sponsor (dad).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
justwise:

Bank statement and balance on it it's not always about inflow and outflow, in most cases it matters not.

When presenting bank statement for student visa application the two most important things here are:

2. The source of that money.. can the applicant defend the source of that money with paper evidence? This is not about presenting fat bank balance and wrote pages of stories without clearly presenting evidence how you made that money.

Study permit is not been refused because of lack of inflow and outflow but because people don't convince the embassy that the money will be available for use in Canada

You just nailed it, if am a VO as u just pointed out now and i see an acc of 40M, I wud lik to see some evidence like property documents, CAC if that sponsor is an employer and every other thing that could amount to that sum stated in d SOA. Thanks for d analysis.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kennynelcon(m): 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Blackanada:

My dad is a retired army Colonel (if that matters), and the money is from his pension and rent of properties.

Pls, which school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
Blackanada:

Ok. All the best. We dey together.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gkgraphics(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello everyone,
My study permit was approved about two weeks.and I am planning to leave sometime next month.
While waiting for the approval I had to change from the initial course I was offered which is not related to my undergraduate course
Is there a need to notify cic on change of programs?.
I await your response
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
gkgraphics:
Hello everyone,
My study permit was approved about two weeks.and I am planning to leave sometime next month.
While waiting for the approval I had to change from the initial course I was offered which is not related to my undergraduate course
I await your response

Thank you

Guy collect ur TRV first for hand before you start deciding anything.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by john7david: 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
hello, am applying for the same course as well, please how long does it take to get a feed back from fanshawe college, thanks
Ed321:
bro I got admitted to same program too and gathering my document, hoping to apply by month end. How can I reach you ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gkgraphics(m): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
[quote author=wealth360 post=53932811]

Guy collect ur TRV first for hand before you start deciding anything.
Thanks for your response .
I collect my trv already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
gkgraphics:
Hello everyone,
I await your response
Thank you

Pls don't do this while in naija, get ur TRV b4 u start thinking of switching program, though its no biggie but a step at a time.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
gkgraphics:
Hello everyone,
I await your response
Thank you
Congrats again! I remember you shared your good news.
If your new course is still in the same school and the same level, you don't have to notify CIC because there is no change in DLI.
But if your new course is in another school and at the same level, you will have to notify CIC and transfer your DLI.

CBSA officers will only be interested in your Institution (DLI) and level of study. These two must be same with what you applied for your study permit with.

They won't ask for your undergrad degree nau to find out if it's inline with the new course in your offer letter at the POE. Only your offer letter will be requested. So just make sure your new program is in the same school and same level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gkgraphics(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

Congrats again! I remember you shared your good news.
If your new course is still in the same school and the same level, you don't have to notify CIC because there is no change in DLI.
But if your new course is in another school and at the same level, you will have to notify CIC and transfer your DLI.

CBSA officers will only be interested in your Institution (DLI) and level of study. These two must be same with what you applied for your study permit with.

The won't ask for your undergrad degree nau to find out if it's inline with the new course in your offer letter at the POE. So just make sure your new program is in the same school and same level.
Thank you bro for your response
The program and level are the same with the school it's just the course. I guess there is no cause for alarm, then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
gkgraphics:

Thank you bro for your response
The program and level are the same with the school it's just the course. I guess there is no cause for alarm, then
Absolutely nothing to worry over.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emmy4Gold: 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good evening house, I am a bit worried after receiving this mail from the school i applied to. I applied for MENG in mechanical engineering, university of Saskatchewan. Please house from experience how do i go about tackling this.

"Your application has been carefully reviewed by faculty members in your research area. They have considered not only the degree program for which you applied, but all programs for which you are eligible. Unfortunately, since no faculty members have indicated a willingness to accept you as a graduate student, we cannot admit you. If you are successful in identifying a faculty member who is interested in supervising your graduate program, we can reactivate your file
Please note that applicants cannot be admitted to any graduate program unless a faculty member is willing to supervise them and offer them a place in their research group. Even if an applicant meets all of the admission requirements, this is no guarantee that they will be admitted, since admission is contingent on finding a supervisor. Admission to our program is very competitive: we receive about 150 applications per year, yet our 19 faculty members have openings for only about 20 new students each year".

We would like to sincerely thank you for your interest in our department, and wish you well in your future career.

Regards.

Graduate Admissions
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by robertito7(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello justwise I noticed u closed the Austrian thread and referred me to another ...but please you should note that Austria is not australia and there is no active Austrian thread at the moment else I would have asked my question there
justwise:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ether4: 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
emmy4Gold:
Good evening house, I am a bit worried after receiving this mail from the school i applied to. I applied for MENG in mechanical engineering, university of Saskatchewan. Please house from experience how do i go about tackling this.

"Your application has been carefully reviewed by faculty members in your research area. They have considered not only the degree program for which you applied, but all programs for which you are eligible. Unfortunately, since no faculty members have indicated a willingness to accept you as a graduate student, we cannot admit you. If you are successful in identifying a faculty member who is interested in supervising your graduate program, we can reactivate your file
Please note that applicants cannot be admitted to any graduate program unless a faculty member is willing to supervise them and offer them a place in their research group. Even if an applicant meets all of the admission requirements, this is no guarantee that they will be admitted, since admission is contingent on finding a supervisor. Admission to our program is very competitive: we receive about 150 applications per year, yet our 19 faculty members have openings for only about 20 new students each year".

We would like to sincerely thank you for your interest in our department, and wish you well in your future career.

Regards.

Graduate Admissions
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Saskatchewan

Hello, you are required to look for supervisors from the faculty by yourself.this is the major admission requirement of university of Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
gkgraphics:
Hello everyone,
I await your response
Thank you
Provide full details.... Including schools and province.
When is your intake?
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by marvel4love: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good evening house, A colleague just got conditional letter of acceptance into university of Regina, but she was admitted as a probationary student and must have 75%CGPA in the first 3 graded courses before she can be admitted fully for the program. She's worried and wants to know if this won't affect the VO's decision in granting her TRV. Note that the 3 graded courses is between Fall 2017 and Summer 2018. Please has anyone been in this situation before? What advice would you give to her? Please help! Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.