Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913280 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 6:33am On Sep 17, 2016
beckycute1:

Thanks, but how can they doubt the credibility...did they state the reason for refusal... I would appreciate a response

Yes.... https://www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10/304#47914927
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Please house, do i submit all my original documents?? Or photocopy them. Somebody should help please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Hardidem007(m): 6:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Hardidem007:
Hello all.Please is it a good idea to apply for a second undergraduate degree in economics at the university of Manitoba after having studied management and accounting as first degree here in Nigeria?

What are the chances of getting a TRV approval?
Will the V.O see this as an academic progression or potential immigrant?

I'm 24 and the fact is I already applied for TRV since 19th of last month online route before getting to know about this wonderful thread filled with brilliant and amazing Nigerians.

Seems no one wants to answer my question?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 6:40am On Sep 17, 2016
michV:
i concur,some once they get their TRV.. bye bye to the thread ..some just observe without assisting us.you can apply for GCMS (5cad$) by yourself as long as the individual in canada can just give YOU this details (the person in canada feel him/her is busy) if your are very close to the person; name,address,canada phone no,postal code,province,status of the individual in canada, and you are good to go to apply on ur own. we need such assistance even if you wouldn't let ur details to anyone but you can help apply for the individual.

It's not easy to get trv, head to school and still be very active on here majorly because of school workload and of course little motivation smiley.
Those who frequent here have so much motivation to do so, it's just psychological.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2016
Chrissybaybee:
Hi all..please can someone be kind enough to explain the difference between a 'sop' & loe' to me. I actually thought the statement of purpose is used when applying for admission in a school while the letter of explanation is what is submitted to the embassy alongside your application.

Ild appreciate more light on this please, anyone.
Thanks.

Same difference. It's just semantics. The content is what matters.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 17, 2016
brandymcmb:

Lmao you don vex, na advice I give o lol and i stand by my word though, I mean in "general" we need to work more and like @thesoj always says, applicants from NL make up a very minute number of applicants for TRV from nigeria in general so results from here cannot be used as a yardstick.

Until we know the main reason why PGD applicants are been refused from Accra, we can just continue to speculate

if you read my post well i made my generalization on Nairaland statistics.meanwhile there are some active members and passive/observers that don't announce their refusals even if approved also but for most, once it's approval those who never logged on to their accounts would do to share success testimonies grin..meanwhile it's all individual choices..so quarter of outside here percentages are also observers/readers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2016
olageeee:

****Thanks bro finally submitted gtbank rate was #309 to CAD... Will I have to go nd do biometrics immediately? The message in my account keep saying biometrics not needed at these time, i taught I will do biometrics immediately after submission! Will I be contacted When ready to do or should I just go to vfs?
You will recieve a letter asking you to go for biometric soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 17, 2016
]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Bamz:

It's not easy to get trv, head to school and still be very active on here majorly because of school workload and of course little motivation smiley.
Those who frequent here have so much motivation to do so, it's just psychological.
yea i know,the school work loads, part time works etc but the likes of @thesoj though in U.S, @Jessicajessa @khalse @Gymme i don't think i spelt these last 2 monikers well and some who i can't remember, do come and assist. If this thread helped your application from scratch till approval,at least weekends are always some free time to check-in when you feel like to assist cos you too got assisted to be in canada.it's all about individual choices though... I know one moniker @rheginarh that got approved her, she used to comment and assist,it was an antagonistic action of a male moniker made here to stay away and she said it angrily since her contribution didn't matter she wouldn't again. I do see her online atimes. I can recall initially when i newly opened this specific account some never knew i be passive oldie for years.i was always countered by some people here. who dey fight me na the person get my PC/Phone and subscription?? The spaces on this thread is free for all to type/post/ comment. No1 knows you unless they care to..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2016
U re not submitting all ur originals, just ur bank statement of acct and ur sponsor's own,ur admission letter and tuition fee receipt,I think ur police report too, all CIC documents, d rest will be fotocopy. But make sure it is clear
mccindy:
Please house, do i submit all my original documents?? Or photocopy them. Somebody should help please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Emsley: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2016
greenbackboogie:

I mailed the school via Jduchaine@conestogac.on.ca introduced myself,with student number and course I gain admission for, then I requested my admission be differed due to the fact that I haven't gotten a decision concerning my study permit status. I got a response and went tru http://internationalportal.conestogac.on.ca with my user name and password to print my new acceptance letter which I mailed to cic
I did same on the 9th of sept. and haven't gotten any reply from them. I actually put her in CC but sent to the international office. Mehn bomb dey this people head oh. And the deadline is Monday 19th. I'll resend the email. Thanks all the same. What course did you enroll for? Mine is Construction Mgt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ife25nancy: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2016
please i have a question guys, i have a friend in turkey that is interested in studying in canada, he is afraid of starting the education process because he cant apply for student visa from turkey.
please is it possible to apply for canada visa from another country without been citizen of that country
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2016
He can apply from Turkey if he is staying there legally. And he will even get his TV on time sef
ife25nancy:
please i have a question guys, i have a friend in turkey that is interested in studying in canada, he is afraid of starting the education process because he cant apply for student visa from turkey.
please is it possible to apply for canada visa from another country without been citizen of that country
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OTKAE(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
God be praised!!! Was refused yestaday
Applied 14th june
Paper route
Fanshawe college pgc
For the following reasons seee attachment..

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2016
ziggy3579:
U re not submitting all ur originals, just ur bank statement of acct and ur sponsor's own,ur admission letter and tuition fee receipt,I think ur police report too, all CIC documents, d rest will be fotocopy. But make sure it is clear

All documents addressed to the Canadian embassy must be original. You re submitting the photocopy of police report not the original. They won't collect the original of the police report from you. You should however go with both.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2016
ife25nancy:

Yes it is possible, however it raises the question of "home tie" to your country of citizenship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2016
Bamz:

This is true.

Some will come back and compose a very detailed post about their experience and tips to survive in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2016
mccindy:

Submit the originals of all documents addressed to embassy e.g sponsorship letter, letter of introduction from work, your sop etc.

Original of Statement of account should be submitted.

Original of admission letter should be submitted as well.

All other documents should be photocopies or notarised copies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Someone should pls respond to this pls angry cry cry

Sholaystar4me:
Hello great people

My friend got passport request sometimes in July, stating he should send thru prepaid envelope. But when he got to DHL office, the agent told him they no Longer do prepaid that once it is ready for pick up, he will arrange with them again to pick up, so he sent his passport thru DHL. But uptill now he hasn't gotten any mail from the embassy if his passport is ready or not

My questions :

1- is it possible not to get mail from CIC when the passport is ready? Or will he get mail stating the passport is ready and he should arrange for pick up?

2- is there a way to track the passport to know if it is ready or not?

Pls a swift response will go along way to help, my guy is so worried abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:24am On Sep 17, 2016
Divfav:
With a deep sense of respect i am writing to the good peoples of this page.
please i shall be very glad if i Can get answers to thèse my questions.
1. Is it acceptable for a 30 yrs old to apply for undergraduate in a Canny uni?
2. Apply for an undergraduate at 30 yrs,Will my age not deny me of getting a study permit at the Canny embassy
About the sponsor,is it the sponsor that Will pay for all my expenses or it Just serve as camouflag
If i sud be considered for a scholarship,Will the scholarship covers all my expenses because i am from a vert poor family?
Looking forward to Reading answers to my questions.
Thanks.

It's not impossible for a 3Oyrs old individual to get study permit. However, you have to make compelling case why you're studying at such age. You also need to state categorically what you have been doing for most of your life especially after finishing your secondary education.

Though some people use a ceremonious sponsor (camouflaged) and they get their trv, however it's not advisable. Your sponsor should be able to make some serious commitment especially if such sponsor is not an immediate family member.

With respect scholarship from schools, you'd have to do a research by yourself in this regard. All schools don't provide the same amount of scholarship or funding for students. Some schools provide higher or lower funding. Do your research and identify schools with most funding opportunities. I hope your GPA is high enough to be considered for funding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mc23(m): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Someone please help, I just received my acceptance letter in the mail and moving forward to the visa application but am not sure and i need to know if i should proceed to apply for the visa which will take about 15 weeks for it to be proceessed and I'm supposed to resume on the 4th Of January and also Online or Paper application, Which is better ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2016
Yelowfellow:

Hello, good day. Please regarding your application to University of Manitoba, did you apply undergraduate or postgraduate? Did you write the publication/writing sample? If so, Please how did you do it and what does it entail?

The publication/writing samples are your previous works or existing works.

Not something you write for the purpose of admission. It must have been in existence before your application.

Do you have a soft copy of your undergrad project? If so you can submit a part of it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Mc23:
Someone please help, I just received my acceptance letter in the mail and moving forward to the visa application but am not sure and i need to know if i should proceed to apply for the visa which will take about 15 weeks for it to be proceessed and I'm supposed to resume on the 4th Of January and also Online or Paper application, Which is better ?

What program are you going for ? PGC or masters?

If PGC.... It maybe somewhat belated. Considering the 15weeks processing time. Also you'd have to calculate the 2weeks CIC holiday by December. You may however apply having in mind the possibility of a deferral in case CIC does not process your application before resumption date.

If you're going for masters well...I encourage you to apply asap ..apparently masters applicants get feed back from CIC on time.

Non of the route is faster. Buh I have a theory that online route maybe faster in some instances; online applications are routed across the various Canadian visa office in the world. Some of these offices receive very few applications compared to others, there's a possibility that you app may be routed to one of the visa office with few applications and as such it may very well mean that your application will be attended to on time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jurobi26: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2016
brandymcmb:

You sure say no be FALL 2017 term you apply for instead of winter term as you claimed?

Kindly check well Sir

Am quite sure bro, though I have checked again, it was deferred from winter to may 2017, plz pm me if u don't mint, wud lyk to ask u some few questions plz. Ihejuruobic@yahoo.com tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mc23(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2016
Second Degree Program Sir

yemdogg:

What program are you going for ? PGC or masters?

If PGC.... It maybe somewhat belated. Considering the 15weeks processing time. Also you'd have to calculate the 2weeks CIC holiday by December. You may however apply having in mind the possibility of a deferral in case CIC does not process your application before resumption date.

If you're going for masters well...I encourage you to apply asap ..apparently masters applicants get feed back from CIC on time.

Non of the route is faster. Buh I have a theory that online route maybe faster in some instances; online applications are routed across the various Canadian visa office in the world. Some of these offices receive very few applications compared to others, there's a possibility that you app may be routed to one of the visa office with few applications and as such it may very well mean that your application will be attended to on time.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebi01(f): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2016
mccindy:

Photocopies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2016
abeg oooo how much b paper route money naw.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ayeyemi91: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2016
[quote author=Sholaystar4me post=49425447]Hello great people

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way an applicant can track submitted passports at the embassy unless the embassy request for one to arrange for pick up, nothing can be done about that.
However, July is such a long time. I would advise that your friend sends a comprehensive email to CIC quoting his application and passport no. If possible, the tracking no from DHL and the date the embassy received the passport.
Something similar happened to me as well. I had submitted my passport since August an I just received it back from the embassy two days ago.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2016
mccindy:
CIC documents, Statement of Account, Admission and Acceptance letters, all letters addressed to the High Commission should be original. Other documents are photocopies. Please remember to add your brother's photocopy of birth certificate and your birth certificate since he will be sponsoring you. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ife25nancy: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2016
Really?

ziggy3579:
He can apply from Turkey if he is staying there legally. And he will even get his TV on time sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OTKAE(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2016
To the gurus in the house..

These were docs i submitted..
Course: logistics and supply chain management, duration: 8months pgc
Sponsor mother: a uniform officer, her employment letter, statement of acct bal of 6.4m, 3 of her land survey docs,her i.d card, 6 months payslip,detailed sponsorship letter, paid 7,330 cad half tuition.
Myself: employment letter, a logistic officer, worked for 2yrs already, study leave aproval, my bsc cert nd transcript, data pages of the 4 african countries av been to in 2012, decleared uk nd us visit refusal same year,
My 3month pay slip, my land survey document, acct bal of 450k, recomendation letter form the organisation i volunteered for in ethiopia back then. The only dependant is my brother who is even a mechanical engineer.

To me i think the Vo's do what pleases them wether or not a pgd/pgc applicant from nigeria meets their study requirements. Cos i dont know wor else they want..
Deffered to january already, cos i want to giv it this last try..
To all the gurus sir/ma, your inputs will be apreciated
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2016
mccindy:
CIC documents, Statement of Account, Admission and Acceptance letters, all letters addressed to the High Commission should be original. Other documents are photocopies. Please remember to add your brother's photocopy of birth certificate and your birth certificate since he will be sponsoring you. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.