Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910242 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matthew2120(m): 11:56am On Sep 22, 2016
Oga michV Abeg I like make we reason please , have just been refused .. I feel we can be of good help to each other ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Yelowfellow: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
queenKandie:
Please i need your advice,i finished wit a 2.2,and i heard Canadian uni s don't accept 2.2 for MSc,PGD doesn't look promising with the refusal rate , i don't an MBA ,what DO I DO??

My personal advice is, stop depending on what you heard. Just because you heard the refusal rate is bad or they don't accept 2.2 doesn't mean that will be the case with you. Just try applying and have faith in God that your case will be different. You could be the exception, there always is.
That's my own opinion anyway, others should pls also advise please.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by samwheel(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
aishate:

Yes it is.
thanks a lot, someone advised that I should go get letter from my dean, I don't know if it's necessary??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
pls and pls have been asking this question for the past one week and nobody is answering me. pls nairalander is there any prospective mun here or somebody there. I really want to know because I want to apply for admission there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=oluseyi17 post=49573072][/quote]

Please don't ever think that ur application refusal is their loss. It won't help you in the short and long term.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
samwheel:

thanks a lot, someone advised that I should go get letter from my dean, I don't know if it's necessary??

I don't think its necessary since the statement of result already shows your class of degree, school and program studied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
queenKandie:
Please i need your advise,i finished wit a 2.2,and i heard Canadian uni s don't accept 2.2 for MSc,PGD doesn't look promising with the refusal rate , i don't an MBA ,what DO I DO??
don't use cos of the high rate and judge yourself,package well and give it a try.you might be the chosen one in a million and make sure you are applying rightly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matthew2120(m): 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
michV:
don't use cos of the high rate and judge yourself,package well and give it a try.you might be the chosen one in a million and make sure you are applying rightly
MichV please have sent you pm, reply me please .. Biko ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by davecool: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
pls house, can anyone use approved TRV for September 2016 to resume in January because many are waiting and have deferred their ADM till January 2017 waitinf for their visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
yungreezy:
yes i understand that, just asking so i have a clear idea of what I'm doing since I'm partially going to sponsor myself, that's why im looking for a very affordable school, going to leave a banking job for this if its works out so I just want to be totally convinced, about the region. How about the application, do they delay with decisions and did u have to send documents to canada or u did everything online.

About the chance of getting job in the region, you can embark on extensive browsing to get any information. But as per application, I did everything online. Search for you department, contact any lecturer there and ask him or her questions as per admission. Then you are good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
matthew2120:

MichV please have sent you pm, reply me please .. Biko
i replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ajayi4:

About the chance of getting job in the region, you can embark on extensive browsing to get any information. But as per application, I did everything online. Search for you department, contact any lecturer there and ask him or her questions as per admission. Then you are good to go.
Ajayi, what was ur CGPA u used in applying to MUN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by deebla: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I come in here once in a while to check the forum and majorly search for members that need help with info about Concordia University of Edmonton or Edmonton as a whole. I have been reading recently and it is sad to see folks are really being refused on per second billing these days.

I want to believe there are still gurus here, even though I can't see the likes of Femmy, Oga Siga, Britiko, Playpays that were here in 2013.

A little advice;

Please y'all should ensure that your sponsors have previous history of assistance provided to you prior to deciding they want to help you with school. That way, you will be distinguished from those who are just arranging sponsors - and even if it is arranged and you still manage to show previous assistance history, then even VO will clap and say "well play, you too get sense. We want people like you".

An example will be
(1) Sponsor's account statement showing that he/she paid for your school admission fee or visa application fee; guys, these small things matter
(2) Sponsor's account showing probably a monthly or bi-monthly assistance

Please do not just use any sponsor with zero history of one assistance or the other; I believe it shows genuineness and disproves you are just begging the person to use his/her account for visa purposes. Believe me, as y'all know, even one's uncle or aunt can be arranged on the terms that you will only use the account and he/she will have nothing to do with payment of your school fees once visa is out. VOs are not dumb folks...

Above all, it is not of him that runneth nor of him that willeth, but of God that showeth mercy. The God-factor is still the priority!

I wish you all the best. Canada is a good place to be, do not give up the struggle yet.

Be encouraged!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by domex007: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
deebla:
Hi guys,

I come in here once in a while to check the forum and majorly search for members that need help with info about Concordia University of Edmonton or Edmonton as a whole. I have been reading recently and it is sad to see folks are really being refused on per second billing these days.

I want to believe there are still gurus here, even though I can't see the likes of Femmy, Oga Siga, Britiko, Playpays that were here in 2013.

A little advice;

Please y'all should ensure that your sponsors have previous history of assistance provided to you prior to deciding they want to help you with school. That way, you will be distinguished from those who are just arranging sponsors - and even if it is arranged and you still manage to show previous assistance history, then even VO will clap and say "well play, you too get sense. We want people like you".

An example will be
(1) Sponsor's account statement showing that he/she paid for your school admission fee or visa application fee; guys, these small things matter
(2) Sponsor's account showing probably a monthly or bi-monthly assistance

Please do not just use any sponsor with zero history of one assistance or the other; I believe it shows genuineness and disproves you are just begging the person to use his/her account for visa purposes. Believe me, as y'all know, even one's uncle or aunt can be arranged on the terms that you will only use the account and he/she will have nothing to do with payment of your school fees once visa is out. VOs are not dumb folks...

Above all, it is not of him that runneth nor of him that willeth, but of God that showeth mercy. The God-factor is still the priority!

I wish you all the best. Canada is a good place to be, do not give up the struggle yet.

Be encouraged!

how do you do this with a US sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
What's the current Canadaian $ rate to naira??

Kindly share, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hmmm, i'm guessing it is the same Deebla from Edmonton that came to Prince George. I don catch you for here too. Lolz

deebla:
Hi guys,

Be encouraged!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
Officially, GCMS notes are requested from https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation.

The challenge is you need someone's address in Canada to apply and it is CAD $5.

Made123:
Hello friends, please us there any means of getting gcms note at a cheaper rates. I can remember some one talked about getting it cheaper at 5 dollars. I have searched online and I discovered it costs 23$. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olageeee(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
ManTiger:

No

These is serious.... I called vfs today but was asked to Mail Accra which I have done.... Please since When has ur friend been on the issue? Nd what is d person doing abt it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by deebla: 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
domex007:

The same way you do it if they were in naija... Get him to pay for your school admission fee such that it can reflect in the bank statement or send money to you, indicating the reason for sending as admission fee, visa application fee, e.t.c.

Though, I am not sure as how to send money directly to naija account from a U.S account but if it is possible, so as to reflect he is assisting you, then do it by all means.

I only believe this is just an extra perk that give some genuineness to your application. So if you can, why not?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by deebla: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gymme:
Hmmm, i'm guessing it is the same Deebla from Edmonton that came to Prince George. I don catch you for here too. Lolz

Lol oga Jimmy! Twale sir! How Prince George there? Yes o na me, I just say make we check up on our peeps for here. Will definitely visit you guys soon again. Hope cold never enter BC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sir Deebla, we dey enjoy the cold for BC oo and early morning fog sef. It is necessary jare to contribute as much as one can here. Hopefully, we see soon. If you no come Prince George, me go show Edmonton soon. Enjoy bro.

deebla:

Lol oga Jimmy! Twale sir! How Prince George there? Yes o na me, I just say make we check up on our peeps for here. Will definitely visit you guys soon again. Hope cold never enter BC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TemitopeJ16: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hello house,I just hope the rate of refusals for January intakes will be a bit minimal to that of september intakes for PGC (D) Students.

I am scrutinizing my documents as if I am the VO myself.

100%TRV for us all on this thread!!!

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by burrytee(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
TemitopeJ16:
Hello house,I just hope the rate of refusals for January intakes will be a bit minimal to that of september intakes for PGC (D) Students.

I am scrutinizing my documents as if I am the VO myself.

100%TRV for us all on this thread!!!
U go fear fear. Still waiting to gather the strength after june delay though i v d document intact now.
I just pray january speak good news. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by leumasnuges3: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Its quite late. I'm sorry. My phone is bad.
Submitted: 20th of July, 2016 paper route
Upfront medicals
Approval mail: 9th of September, 2016

Documents submitted:
1. WAEC results
2. TOEFL result 80\120
3. Pre degree result and admission letter.
4. School leaving testimonial
5. Primary school leaving certificate.
6. Letter of admission (saint Mary's uni, NS) UG

Sponsors docs (Aunt)
1. Notarized letter of support
2. Notarized employer letter
3. Copies of drivers licenses
4. Property tax assessment form
5. Utility bills
6. Bank statement.

Other docs
1. Dads death certificate
2. Letter from my mother
3. Police certificate
4. Medical information sheet
5. Short letter of purpose
6. Payment receipt 14,671CAD ( the immigration office sent an email to the school to confirm this payment 2 days before approval mail, a printed copy of the mail sent and received was attached to my docs)
7. Residence agreement
CIC forms

Wishing every trv hopeful the very best. Thanks

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
As a minimum, get the sponsor to transfer the equivalent of one year's tuition or living expenses to your account. Create a USD dom account for this purpose, not a Naira account cos we all know that the value of the Naira keep crashing by the day.

If you wanna be more radical, get your sponsor to transfer the total annual living expenses (tuition + at least $10k CAD equivalent) to your dom account. Or get the sponsor to pay one year's tuition directly to the school, and send the $10k CAD equivalent to your USD dom account in Naija.

Attach to your application proof of the transfers, and payment receipts, and your USD dom account balance. Your sponsor would also clearly mention all these in his/her sponsorship letter.
domex007:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
leumasnuges3:
Its quite late. I'm sorry. My phone is bad.
Submitted: 20th of July, 2016 paper route
Upfront medicals
Approval mail: 9th of September, 2016

Other docs
...6. Payment receipt 14,671CAD (the immigration office sent an email to the school to confirm this payment 2 days before approval mail, a printed copy of the mail sent and received was attached to my docs)...
Wow! @ bolded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sholay2011(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
hustla:
What's the current Canadaian $ rate to naira??

Kindly share, thanks
Google is always your friend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
sholay2011:

Google is always your friend.

As if Google rates are reliable

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by santa007(m): 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good day everyone, i was delayed on the 19th of August (purpose of visit/current employment situation) and ordered for my gcms file same day. I studied banking and finance, work as an admin assistant and got admission to study financial planning and wealth mgt yet i got this on the gcms note as reason for refusal. I am about re-applying and need all the help i can get to tackle this issue.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kayeyes: 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Please how do you all make school fees payment?
Went to diamond bank for form A and they told me USD is scarce in 9ja so form A won't go through.
1st bank is giving no guaranty.
Abeg how una dey pay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.