Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312266 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ocheejemb: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hey Guys, this is quite random but I just found this out, and thought it would be good to share. Im sure its common knowledge that the UK will be stopping their PSW Visa from April next year. However, there's still a (very) slim ray of hope and the possibility of getting some work experience there.

Before your student visa expires you will be able to apply for a job and if you are able to get an offer THEN you will be able to apply for a Tier 2 Skilled Workers VISA. Now Im sure most of you have heard this but what Ive just discovered is that as someone trying to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 you will be EXEMPT from the the Resident Labour Market Test which states that the employer (sponsor) has to show that no other UK or EEA nationals can do the job.

This means that if you do apply and succeed in getting a job offer from a company (which has to be on the very long list of Tier 2 sponsors) then you are quite likely to obtain a Tier 2 Visa(well if you meet other criteria) Furthermore if your occupation/field is on the list of those considered to be in shortage in the UK then you will very easily meet the required number of points!

That being said there is a slight glimmer of hope for anyone seeking to remain in the UK for work after studies. Check out these urls and see what applies to you
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/eligibility/#
http://www.tier12345.co.uk/tier-2-two-uk-work-permit.php
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/summary-student-policy.pdf
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/workingintheuk/shortageoccupationlist.pdf
make i go read my book!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by WilR(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2011
I applied for a tier 4 student Visa on The 8th of Sept @ the VFS office Lekki, Lagos, got a text message that my application has been forwarded to the UKBA office, going crazy from waiting, how long do I still have to wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by WilR(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
I applied for a tier 4 student Visa on The 8th of Sept @ the VFS office Lekki, Lagos, got a text message that my application has been forwarded to the BHC office, going crazy from waiting, how long do I still have to wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
Yay! I applied on the 13th of September at the Ikeja UKBA Centre. I got a text today evening that it's ready for collection. I shall Update you guys after I go there tomorrow. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2011
Sir_Lipton:

Yay! I applied on the 13th of September at the Ikeja UKBA Centre. I got a text today evening that it's ready for collection. I shall Update you guys after I go there tomorrow. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's good news cos i'm also going there 2mrw 2 collect my visa.

I got der text dis evening too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by WilR(m): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
Te-amo:

That's good news cos i'm also going there 2mrw 2 collect my visa.

I got der text dis evening too.

when did you apply and which office did you apply from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2011
@Wil R, i applied 29th of last month at VAC Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by holalekan: 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
@Alaki wassup.i just got a text dis eve and i also checked my online status has also changed,so i'll be there tomorrow, wish me luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2011
holalekan:

@Alaki wassup.i just got a text dis eve and i also checked my online status has also changed,so i'll be there tomorrow, wish me luck

@holalekan wich VAC r u heading 2 2mrw cos mine is @ ikeja??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by holalekan: 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
@ Te- amo Abuja vfs,not even far from my house,so na me n dem 2morrow,lol, wishing u all d best,didnt u say u're heading 4 dundee too,we gotta celebrate by dis tym tomorrow God,u kud reach me on holalekan86@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ocheejemb: 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hey nicki 007, Im in St Andrews not too far from Dundee, infact i was there over the weekend for a freshers orientation for University of Dundee folks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ocheejemb: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2011
nikki 007:

Hi all, just wanted to give you guys an update, I eventually got my visa, in Dundee at the moment and settling in well.thanks for all the help.ciao

Hey nicki 007, Im in St Andrews not too far from Dundee, infact i was there over the weekend for a freshers orientation for University of Dundee folks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by blackedwin: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hi all,
My Visa status has changed to Ready for collection at about 1120hrs today,will be heading for pick,I need your prayers

I applied 29th of August at Abuja Office

Regards
Edwin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
I don get am oooooooo.

Thank u all, especially 2 my oga justwise (aka sensei) grin grin,carfreak,sir_lipton and all others. I really appreciate ur advice,

@holalekan, princedm,alaki wat's happening o.

Dundee,here I come grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by WilR(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
@Te-amo, congratulations, got my text to come collect mine. will go get it tomorrow. my heart is racing fast, can't wait for this whole excitement to be over, Pray for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princedm(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2011
Just pick up my passport today also and i'm ready to hit Dundee as soon as possible.
Te-amo:

I don get am oooooooo.

Thank u all, especially 2 my oga justwise (aka sensei) grin grin,carfreak,sir_lipton and all others. I really appreciate your advice,

@te-amo congratulations, when are you leaving, pls add me on yahoo messenger princedm1@yahoo.com

Thanks to all my peeps in the house, @justwise and every other person following this thread.

Anyone going to Dundee town should please add me on my yahoo messenger princedm1@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2011
Te-amo:

I don get am oooooooo.

Thank u all, especially 2 my oga justwise (aka sensei) grin grin,carfreak,sir_lipton and all others. I really appreciate your advice,

. . .u no well grin grin grin

. .congrat, now u can sleep with ur 4eyes closed grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
princedm:

Just pick up my passport today also and i'm ready to hit Dundee as soon as possible. @te-amo congratulations, when are you leaving, pls add me on yahoo messenger princedm1@yahoo.com

Thanks to all my peeps in the house, @justwise and every other person following this thread.

Anyone going to Dundee town should please add me on my yahoo messenger princedm1@yahoo.com

Congrat!! the good news keep coming today. Safe journey to Scotland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princedm(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
***Just picked up my passport today also and i'm ready to hit Dundee as soon as possible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nikki007: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ oche_ejemb, i'm in the cepmlp program, energy studies.congrats to those that just got their visa.time is running out, if u are 4 d september program i suggest u get ur ass down here asap!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
grin@justwise,sensei means master in all dos naruto n other maga movies.
Dn't worry we r not abusing u smiley

@nikki,we r already on our way. By Thursday afternoon I will b der cos I've already booked a flight for 2mrw's evening. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2011
Congrats Te- Amo! I got mine too Today!!! Picked it up at around 12 noon. My heart wasnt really racing fast. I dey travel Tonight, no wasting time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by holalekan: 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
CONGRAT to every1 of us,got mine too dis morning,it's d lord's doing.and to every1 still waiting,prayer works+do ur best and leave d rest!
seems quite a gud numba of us ar hitting dundee?Te amo and others,it myt be cool if we keep in touch.will be leaving next week coz i need to get some 'cold proof' n other stuffs in london,cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by blackedwin: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
House, Join me in Thanking God,for He has done it again,my wife(principal applicant),me and baby(dependants) were all issued with VISAS.

The strange thing is that we applied 29th August and our VISAS read 23rd Sept. all the same ,for those still on the waiting list,I declare to you according to the time of season,ye all shall be issued with VISAS
"Weeping may endure for a Night,but joy comes in the morning"

Anyone heading towards Uni of Surrey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princedm(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
@Sir_Lipton @holalekan @blackedwin congratulations

holalekan:

CONGRAT to every1 of us,got mine too dis morning,it's d lord's doing.and to every1 still waiting,prayer works+do your best and leave d rest!
seems quite a gud numba of us ar hitting dundee?Te amo and others,it myt be cool if we keep in touch.will be leaving next week coz i need to get some 'cold proof' n other stuffs in london,cheers!
@holalekan when do you intend leaving Nigeria?

nikki 007:

@ oche_ejemb, i'm in the cepmlp program, energy studies.congrats to those that just got their visa.time is running out, if u are 4 d september program i suggest u get your Bottom down here asap!
@nikki 007 I'm also in for the cepmlp program, How is it like there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
blackedwin:

House, Join me in Thanking God,for He has done it again,my wife(principal applicant),me and baby(dependants) were all issued with VISAS.

The strange thing is that we applied 29th August and our VISAS read 23rd Sept. all the same ,for those still on the waiting list,I declare to you according to the time of season,ye all shall be issued with VISAS
"Weeping may endure for a Night,but joy comes in the morning"

Anyone heading towards Uni of Surrey

Congrat!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nikki007: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ princedm its really cool,loads of africans with majority being nigerians but its nice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by understudy: 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2011
I applied on the 29th in Ikeja, still haven't heard anything , its all good tho, jus gotta wait a little , congrats to u guys that have gotten their visas, on to the next one,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2011
can u just imagine, my uni accommodation has been cancelled n i'm even stranded b4 getting der embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by WilR(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
shocked shocked shocked Hey don't worry so much, things always have a way of working out, you'll be ok cool grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hello. I got an offer of place 2 study in university of greenwich,paid my fees and There was dey in getting my cas. it took 4 weeks before i recieved my CAS.i applied for visa on the 15th of this month n nothing yet from the ukba.i was given extensiön by the school till 30th september which is almost lapsed.please i want to know if i was to be given another extension will i be the one to notify the ukba? Or the university? Please i would be expecting an answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by holalekan: 12:55am On Sep 28, 2011
@Princedm,i shud be goin b4 friday(nextweek) myt b stoppin 4 a day or 2 in london,wat abt u?@Te amo,there's nothing to worry about so long as wat ever amount u paid will b refunded,there ar cool offers close to uni.Yet to get 1 myself,but i hav contacts on ground,u kud check gumtree b4 leaving.Dundee bound students,my contact is holalekan86@yahoo.com.@ayo,once uv bn given extension ur CAS wud hav been updated by d skul&most likely ur visa is being processed or even processed,gettin it from vfs is wat myt take a yl sha,but u kud put more pressure on d skul telling them about ur situation mayb they kud extend d deadline,gudluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.