Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311870 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tonimartins231: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2011
Please i need a reply. I want to know if its all application that thet bhc will call the bank to know the account balance. I had to make a very urgent life saving withdrawal from my account that i used to apply last week.although i stil have the required amount left but the money on my statement is nw different from the money in my account. I was told that the bhc only call banks if they noticed forgery .so i wanna know if thats true or whether they call banks on every applicants statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ocheejemb: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2011
tonimartins231:

Please i need a reply. I want to know if its all application that thet bhc will call the bank to know the account balance. I had to make a very urgent life saving withdrawal from my account that i used to apply last week.although i stil have the required amount left but the money on my statement is nw different from the money in my account. I was told that the bhc only call banks if they noticed forgery .so i wanna know if thats true or whether they call banks on every applicants statement.

I think they call the bank in every case, and you will be fine IF the money in your account still meets the amount required for Fees and Maintenance. If it doesnt it would be wise maybe to borrow some money and jus keep it there till you get your visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ocheejemb: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2011
@nikki07 and princedm
Whats the CEPMIP program? Seems like Dundee is quite popular with Nigerians now,, i met quite a few peeps there, St Andrews on the other hand has a very tiny black population, i wonder why? You guys please add me on facebook Oche O Ejembi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2011
Please has anyone called the BHC lately? Cuz i want to know which date they are on application processing.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2011
Dont just know what is happening to me this afternoon whether im going crazy.i mailed my school ealier today for a week extension and i was told no extension.i was told to resume before 5.00pm on friday.i applied for my visa on the 15th of this month and i av not gotten any news yet.i have just tomorrow left.loosing this opportunity is the worse thing that can happen to me after all my run around troubles making sure things are fine.gosh my head aches!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by understudy: 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
sorry about that. maybe u should defer ur admission to January if they have a January program. These visa guys can be a real pain in the ass. U cant even contact them these days. It now seems like they are the ones doing you a favour. Just be patient.Have u called BHC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
No i havent contacted the BHC.my status is still the same.please i would like to ask. If am to get my visa next week and i defer my admission, will the visa be valid for that time or i will have to reaply cuz i defered my admission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by understudy: 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
Am not so sure but I understand that once u defer, ur tier 4 sponsor which is ur school will contact the high commission . Whether the commission nullifies the visa or not, that I'm not to sure, but I'm certain u will have to re apply for a tier 4 visa again if u defer, regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
Pleace is it advisable for me to wait till i get the visa then ask from my school whether they can help me with any document to present to the ukba when i get to the uk? Can something like this done?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by understudy: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
I'm afraid not. Does ur program have january admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shekoyeyi: 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2011
here is my situation, house! paid my tuition in full (£10250) to the school with proof of receipt, maintenance of £5400 in my account in my own name, that all sounds goods except that i applied on the 22nd of sept with resumption on the 26th, but the saving grace is i have got till the 10th to register, how good are my chances of getting a reply before then, FYI i am a progression student not a fresh applicant, any contribution will be much appreciated, and please skip on asking me why i am applying so late cause its a long story you prolly dont want to hear, thanks smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

i'm inquiring on behalf of my cousin who is meant to resume at Strathclyde Uni but her passport isn't ready for collection yet. Her school resumed Yesterday and they asked her to defer her admission because she didn't make it yesterday. We have pleaded via email and telephone calls but they are still insisting that she can't join them again. She's paid her full tuition fee and its just the visa that's delaying.

What are her chances?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
Congrats to you guys that just received your visas men, princedm, te-amo, holalekan and co. i gotta say following your posts (as if it were twitter) dey give me heart attack sef! lol! phew! congrats again.

Oga justwise (aka sensei) whats poppin na? where the thread for those of us wey just reach na, wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2011
likeithot:

Hi Guys,

i'm inquiring on behalf of my cousin who is meant to resume at Strathclyde Uni but her passport isn't ready for collection yet. Her school resumed Yesterday and they asked her to defer her admission because she didn't make it yesterday. We have pleaded via email and telephone calls but they are still insisting that she can't join them again. She's paid her full tuition fee and its just the visa that's delaying.

What are her chances?

Let him defer the admission to Jan or Feb admission since the school insisted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
Skii:

Congrats to you guys that just received your visas men, princedm, te-amo, holalekan and co. i gotta say following your posts (as if it were twitter) dey give me heart attack sef! lol! phew! congrats again.

Oga justwise (aka sensei) whats poppin na? where the thread for those of us wey just reach na, wink

Good idea, why not open a thread for that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
shekoyeyi:

here is my situation, house! paid my tuition in full (£10250) to the school with proof of receipt, maintenance of £5400 in my account in my own name, that all sounds goods except that i applied on the 22nd of sept with resumption on the 26th, but the saving grace is i have got till the 10th to register, how good are my chances of getting a reply before then, FYI i am a progression student not a fresh applicant, any contribution will be much appreciated, and please skip on asking me why i am applying so late cause its a long story you prolly dont want to hear, thanks smiley smiley smiley smiley

Your chances of making it for 10th of Oct is high if the ECO did not punish u for submitting late.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shekoyeyi: 1:26am On Sep 29, 2011
justwise:

Good idea, why not open a thread for that?

wait! they actually punish people for submitting late shocked, so did not know that

and again, wot is turnaround time frame so far since the last security review since the UN bombing, because there was a backlog and people weren't replies until like 3+weeks later.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 6:53am On Sep 29, 2011
Hello
since i was also told to defer which i am going to do today.since i havnt gotten visa before i defered the admission,i want to know if its going to affect the visa that im going to recieve later.or i should just forget about the visa application i made and wait for vfs go give me back my passport to i reapply for visa concerning january admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2011
ay50dblues:

Hello
since i was also told to defer which i am going to do today.since i havnt gotten visa before i defered the admission,i want to know if its going to affect the visa that im going to recieve later.or i should just forget about the visa application i made and wait for vfs go give me back my passport to i reapply for visa concerning january admission?
thats what you should do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shekoyeyi: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2011
justwise:

Your chances of making it for 10th of Oct is high if the ECO did not punish u for submitting late.

wait! they actually punish people for submitting late shocked , so did not know that

and again, wot is turnaround time frame so far since the last security review since the UN bombing, because there was a backlog and people weren't getting replies until like 3+weeks later, sorry i inserted the wrong quote.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2011
Finally collected my visa yesterday @ abuja. surprisingly the date on my passport was on 21st September. thankyou @justwise and everybody who contributed to making this successful. And to @ell77 I thank u immensely for the personal advices. God will surely answer all our prayers. I'm leaving for my school in Aberdeen on Saturday. Goodluck to others yet to get theirs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by osat02: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2011
congrats bro, when did u submit? i submitted in Abuja on 20th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by understudy: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2011
My status has finally changed and my passport is ready. Guess I'll be headin to lagos to pick it up. 22 working days it took, exactly 1 month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2011
alaki:

Finally collected my visa yesterday @ abuja. surprisingly the date on my passport was on 21st September. thankyou @justwise and everybody who contributed to making this successful. And to @ell77 I thank u immensely for the personal advices. God will surely answer all our prayers. I'm leaving for my school in Aberdeen on Saturday. Goodluck to others yet to get theirs

Congrat.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2011
@osat02 I applied in abuja on the 9th September but got the sms alert on Monday 26th. but it was written on my visa that it is valid from 21st September and was issued in Lagos!! Pls is any other person going to Aberdeen? @justwise I hail again o, BABA! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Maestro007: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2011
Good day guys, I wish to apply for my student visa with two bank statements; my fathers and that of my mother. Is this possible? The sum total of both accounts adds up to the maintenance fund that I need, as I have already paid my tuition in full.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by manose: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2011
its not true that u would be denied visa if:

1 u laminated your doc(credentials)

2 If u did not add OANDA doc

3. If your school has resumed(UKBA gives schools 2weeks tolerance after resumption so even if extension doesnt come it doesnt matter much so far as u still have 2weeks after resumption )

PLS Dnt us DOMICILLIARY ACC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 11:50pm On Sep 29, 2011
@justwise and co. Pls guys how much money minimum wil I be required to show @ the airport point of entry when I arrive Uk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ay50dblues(m): 1:01am On Sep 30, 2011
Please urgent reply please.i went to BHC Lagos today to complain bout my visa and i was told that it wil ready for pick up tomorrow.im also supposd to resume tomorrow by 5.pm lately.i was not given any extension at all.  my CAS arived 2 weeks ago also. Should i travel a day after my resumption or what? Please should i risk it cuz its a very close
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2011
ay50dblues:

Please urgent reply please.i went to BHC Lagos today to complain bout my visa and i was told that it wil ready for pick up tomorrow.im also supposd to resume tomorrow by 5.pm lately.i was not given any extension at all.  my CAS arived 2 weeks ago also. Should i travel a day after my resumption or what? Please should i risk it cuz its a very close

Call ur school and ask them if u can resume as ur visa is ready now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2011
alaki:

@justwise and co. Pls guys how much money minimum wil I be required to show @ the airport point of entry when I arrive Uk?

Just hold ur bank statement that contains the maintenance and fees. . .if they ask you at all that is what u need to show
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joy4you: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2011
Please ay50dblues,was it d vfs centre u went to or d bhc am confused because since I don't leave in lagos I will also like to call them to find out about my application as well,pls reply,thksp

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.