Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin (20477 Views)

The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style / Eid Mubarak: Emir Of Ilorin At Prayer Ground. Photos / 8000-Year-Old Dufuna Canoe Discovered In Yobe By Fulani Herdsmen 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Noneroone(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ekealterego:

May be when you read about the history of the city, you would have come across the meaning of the word "Ilorin" and how the name stuck. Ilorin is a yoruba word that describes a place where Iron is smelted... Ilorin literarily means "Iron smelting" in Yoruba.
Eko is an Edo word meaning 'war camp' so wats ur point?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Wulfruna(f): 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
who told u Ilorin is yorubaland?

Stop advertising your ignorance and go and pick up a book on Yoruba history. Ilorin was a full-blown Yoruba town within the Oyo Kingdom before the advent of Fulani and other Northern elements into the town. Even today, the elements of Northern origin remain in the minority, while the majority of the town is Oyo-Yoruba by ethnicity.

Before the time of Afonja, the town had been ruled for many generations by Afonja's ancestors who were Baales (the title used by Yoruba rulers who were non-royals). Some of them were Baale Laderin and Baale Pasin. Go pick up a book.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Noneroone(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wulfruna:

Stop advertising your ignorance and go and pick up a book on Yoruba history. Ilorin was a full-blown Yoruba town within the Oyo Kingdom before the advent of Fulani and other Northern elements into the town. Even today, the elements of Northern origin remain in the minority, while the majority of the town is Oyo-Yoruba by ethnicity.

Before the time of Afonja, the town had been ruled for many generations by Afonja's ancestors who were Baales (the title used by Yoruba rulers who were non-royals). Some of them were Baale Laderin and Baale Pasin. Go pick up a book.
smh... full blown yoruba town without a 'full blown' king. Ilorin was yet to flourish as a yoruba settlement before the afonja incident. It had no king (like the awujale, ooni, alaafin and alake) except oyo miltary commanders and oyo-sent baales, who you admitted were non-royals. No known yoruba sub group can lay claims to it. Even the the present population is mostly 'yorubanized fulanis'. Most of whom are native to oyo and who only migrated in droves after it had fallen to fulani.

Yorubas didnt stamp their hegemonic footprint on the territory to show it was their traditional settlement which is why it was easily taken and expanded by fulanis, before colonialists sealed that arrangement.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by CandyDiamond(f): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
pls name one Oba in ilorin before the afonja era?
From the history, Ilorin is under Oyo dynasty and have Yoruba kings until Afonja greediness for power push him to seek for help from fulanis, Fulanis help him and he won, then fulanis refuse to go back to the north and bring more of their brothers to fight Afonja, eventually they kill him and Ilorin fall to jihadist and till date Hausa Fulani has infiltrated kwara and occupy it since 1840's.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by erimmy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
Yes they are peacemakers,since they belong to the religion of Peace. mitwwwww.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by SaffronSpice: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
Noneroone:
So you're still on the loose with this wild thought banging around your head like an unscrewed nut after I checkmated this lame argument of yours on the last page of this thread
www.nairaland.com/3295043/where-does-kwara-really-belong/6?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfruW6tHQ8UeoJok
and you couldn't come up with a factual response till now?

You're a joke.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Wulfruna(f): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
smh... full blown yoruba town without a 'full blown' king. Ilorin was yet to flourish as a yoruba settlement before the afonja incident. It had no king (like the awujale, ooni, alaafin and alake) except oyo miltary commanders and oyo-sent baales, who you admitted were non-royals. No known yoruba sub group can lay claims to it. Even the the present population is mostly 'yorubanized fulanis'. Most of whom are native to oyo and who only migrated in droves after it had fallen to fulani.

Yorubas didnt stamp their hegemonic footprint on the territory to show it was their traditional settlement which is why it was easily taken and expanded by fulanis, before colonialists sealed that arrangement.

More ignorant talk. Everybody with a nodding acquaintance with Yoruba people knows that not every town has an Oba. It is not like your part of the country where every chief is a king. Some have Baales who usually is under the jurisdiction of an Oba at a capital city nearby.

In the case of Ilorin, it was (before the rise of Afonja) under the jurisdiction of the Oba at Ikoyi (the Onikoyi), who was the chief Oba of the Ekun Osi sub-branch of the Oyo branch of the Yoruba nation. The Onikoyi was in turn under the Alaafin at the Oyo metropolis.

That thing you wrote up there is pure shiit pulled from your ass. You don't know the first thing about Yoruba history. I have told you the Yoruba subgroup that owns Ilorin - the Oyo (Ekun Osi sub-branch). Read a book. No one was sending baales from Oyo-Ile to rule anywhere. Officials sent from Oyo were not called Baales. They were called Ajeles or in some cases Ilaris. Read a book. Baales are descendants of indigenous people... or of the early settlers/founders of a town.

The Oyo-Yoruba rulers of Ilorin before the coming of the Fulanis:

Laderin
Pasin
Alagbin
Afonja, after who the Fulani established an emirate.

Read a book.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Wulfruna(f): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ogbomoso had a Baale at that point in history, too and not an actual royal king. You will now come and tell me this means Ogbomoso was not a full-blown Yoruba town.

Ignorant person.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by SaffronSpice: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:

Your teacher must be a very patient man.
I told you before that that the Aare Ona Kakanfo was the fourth in the chain of command after the Alaafin et al.
To prevent a power tussle and possibly a coup which might arise if both the monarch and the field marshal lived in the same city,the Aare Ona Kakanfo was appointed as the de facto ruler of the military outpost,which Ilorin was.
Do you need to be reminded that there is something called military system of government?

Have confuted the second bolded;I wount repeat myself.

@3rd bolded shows you are yet to do your homework.

PS: This discussion is petty.
What irks me is the way you continue to dish up the same questions without any logical argument or proofs to back them up,like I told you on the other thread: Present your facts not sentiments.

Anyway,have fun.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by lawani: 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
bjims:

interested in the picture
Here is it

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Nowenuse: 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
vislabraye:

Why is Kwara not a pure Yoruba state ? Kogi and Benue are even closer to the North that Kwara, yet they don't have an Emir. (I stand to be corrected.).

This is not correct as such.
I am from the middlebelt. Kwara state is more connected to Niger state than Kogi or Benue and Niger state is the only middlebelt state that is purely controlled by islamic emirates and no single chiefdom.
So kwara is more likely to have a greater islamic influence
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by OluAdeosun: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Has the respected Emir seen or heard of the Fulani herdsman arrested at Enugu with AK47 rifle? Well, who are the employers of these criminals if not the emirs and nothern elites. How on earth would those frail looking illiterates come in contact with raffles and other weapons they freely brandish all over the place. Stop fooling us. Nigerians are now wiser
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Noneroone(m): 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wulfruna:

More ignorant talk. Everybody with a nodding acquaintance with Yoruba people knows that not every town has an Oba. It is not like your part of the country where every chief is a king.
lol at your emotions...btw, Oba is new to yorubaland. At least that is no longer hidden. That is why i mentioned all the rulers by their natives titles.
Wulfruna:

Some have Baales who usually is under the jurisdiction of an Oba at a capital city nearby.
baales cannot exactly be called kings. Most of them are subordinate to kings. And in the case of ilorin it shows like i said that it wasnt a full fledge yoruba traditional settlement, but was more or less a virgin territory which served as an outpost of the oyo empire

Wulfruna:

In the case of Ilorin, it was (before the rise of Afonja) under the jurisdiction of the Oba at Ikoyi (the Onikoyi), who was the chief Oba of the Ekun Osi sub-branch of the Oyo branch of the Yoruba nation. The Onikoyi was in turn under the Alaafin at the Oyo metropolis.
no one argues whether it was under oyo empire or not. This is because that is common knowledge. Oyo was a kingdom, and kingdoms capture territories in their expansionist attempts. Such territories may become part of the kingdom in question but belongs to indigenous inhabitant who may even be of another ethnic stock. In all your explanations, one can easily notice that you made constant reference to oyo, include your explanation about the indigenous owners which cannot be. Most established kindoms had names for their people and their rulers, had culture and tradition which consist of dialects and even chieftaincy pattern, this is why ijebu and their ajuwale differ from egba and their alake and with ooni of ife. Ilorin should be able to have all this .Everything about ilorin cannot be just oyo when infact, it only became part of oyo empire around the middle of 15th century. If oyo had these the fulani wouldnt have established an emirate and also form bulk of the indigenous people, 'cos it'll be difficult to destroy a tradition institution that had existed for ages. How do one believe that a people will be subdued by minority in their own land, obliterating their culture and traditional institutions?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by CioAngels(f): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Do you see hypocrisy at its peak?. Emirs, Northern Elites & Sultans Doesn't Want To Speak Against Fulani Herdsmen For The Heinous Crimes They've Committed & Are Still Committing, But The Same Emirs & Their Likes Wants Elders Of The Niger Delta People To Speak Against Niger Delta Militants..

I Am Just Laughing
Because southern leaders have turned themselves stooge to the north.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by lawani: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
lol at your emotions...btw, Oba is new to yorubaland. At least that is no longer hidden. That is why i mentioned all the rulers by their natives titles.
baales cannot exactly be called kings. Most of them are subordinate to kings. And in the case of ilorin it shows like i said that it wasnt a full fledge yoruba traditional settlement, but was more or less a virgin territory which served as an outpost of the oyo empire

no one argues whether it was under oyo empire or not. This is because that is common knowledge. Oyo was a kingdom, and kingdoms capture territories in their expansionist attempts. Such territories may become part of the kingdom in question but belongs to indigenous inhabitant who may even be of another ethnic stock. In all your explanations, one can easily notice that you made constant reference to oyo, include your explanation about the indigenous owners which cannot be. Most established kindoms had names for their people and their rulers, had culture and tradition which consist of dialects and even chieftaincy pattern, this is why ijebu and their ajuwale differ from egba and their alake and with ooni of ife. Ilorin should be able to have all this .Everything about ilorin cannot be just oyo when infact, it only became part of oyo empire around the middle of 15th century. If oyo had these the fulani wouldnt have established an emirate and also form bulk of the indigenous people, 'cos it'll be difficult to destroy a tradition institution that had existed for ages. How do one believe that a people will be subdued by minority in their own land, obliterating their culture and traditional institutions?

Afonja appointed a chief Imam for Ilorin by name Alimi a Fulani when he died, he said a Yoruba should be made Imam Solagberu, it turned to a fight by Alimi's Yoruba students who killed Afonja. No Fulani army captured Ilorin or Borgu ever. Abdulsalam was named Imam but later Balogun Alanamu discontinued the Fulani Imam line by supporting a man of Hausa descent to be Imam. the traditional head of Ilorin is Balogun Ajikobi who has the protection agreement. An Imam is just an Imam and Jebba land in Northern Kwara and Southern Niger has no Emir. people need to understand something deeply before commenting on it. Ilorin once had a Fulani Imam but that has since been discontinued for decades and Ilorin is small and encircled by Yoruba land with no Imam history
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Ekealterego: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
Eko is an Edo word meaning 'war camp' so wats ur point?
The name was coined for a different reason. I am shocked people do not know their history. At least, you could have done a little investigation before refuting my points.
Ilorin was part of the Oyo empire, a strategic military base. A descendant of Othman Dan Fodio fought and defeated Afonja to rule the town/city.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by lawani: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ekealterego:

The name was coined for a different reason. I am shocked people do not know their history. At least, you could have done a little investigation before refuting my points.
Ilorin was part of the Oyo empire, a strategic military base. A descendant of Othman Dan Fodio fought and defeated Afonja to rule the town/city.

Only Yoruba has Eko place names!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eko-Ende
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by CioAngels(f): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
I think these people are the sponsors of fulani millitia herdsmen. Besides this, sulu gambari is looking for buhari's good face so that he can beg buhari on behalf of bukola saraki. Out of 5 or so obas in ilorin for years to date, is only sulu gambari that saraki accepts and pays salary while others are just there with No money to feed. Ahmed, the governor is also punishing obas old enough to be his grandfather. Awon eru pa dan fodio.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Nowenuse: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
I really wonder why yorubas will be laying claim to Ilorin city. That is absolute nonsense!
Ilorin emirate which comprises 5 LGAs can not and never be an ethnic yoruba city. The spoken language there may be yoruba but that does not make the majority of the indigenes yoruba.

Most ilorin indigenes do not identify as ethnic yorubas especially the rulers, royal houses and elites of the city who are the movers and shakers of the city
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Ekealterego: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
lawani:

Only Yoruba has Eko place names!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eko-Ende
I think you quoted the wrong person I have never mentioned the name you refered to above.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Wulfruna(f): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nowenuse:
I really wonder why yorubas will be laying claim to Ilorin city. That is absolute nonsense!
Ilorin emirate which comprises 5 LGAs can not and never be an ethnic yoruba city. The spoken language there may be yoruba but that does not make the majority of the indigenes yoruba.

Most ilorin indigenes do not identify as ethnic yorubas especially the rulers, royal houses and elites of the city who are the movers and shakers of the city

So,Katsina is no longer historically Hausa because the elite and royal houses and bladiblabla are now Fulani?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Wulfruna(f): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:

First: Minority armies have always throughout history subdued and controlled much larger populations, especially when they have support from some of the local people. Students of history know this. The Fulani had support of the local Yoruba Muslims as well as Hausa elements who were living in Yorubaland at the time. The Hausa are much more numerous than the Fulani. Yet Fulani (with support of some local Hausas) were able to overthrow the Hausa kingdoms. So your point here is invalid.

Second: Who told you the culture and traditions of the Yoruba were 'obliterated'? That a veil of islamism was put over the city is not the same thing as the local culture being obliterated. Language is a part of culture: Ilorin still speaks Yoruba, and the people still bear Yoruba names. Traditional Yoruba institutions such as the Balogun system have even survived the islamization of the city.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by 2badForReal: 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
Please tell us who there are now!!!!! Lord have mercy chain nija Elders
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Noneroone(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wulfruna:

First: Minority armies have always throughout history subdued and controlled much larger populations,
did alimi conquer ilorin with an army? Most of you yorubas maintain that he never waged a formal war which is which is why i used the word 'subdued'. Since that is the case why did they easily gain control over the town if indeed it was peopled by indigenous yorubas?

Wulfruna:

especially when they have support from some of the local people. Students of history know this. The Fulani had support of the local Yoruba Muslims as well as Hausa elements who were living in Yorubaland at the time.
the statement in bold is your assumption. No group willingly fight their own established indigenous institution of authority in favour of a foreign one. The hausas despite having some muslims among them fought bloody wars with fulanis in resistance to the emirate system. Simply admit that fulanis succeded because ilorin has no natives with a king who resisted the overthrow their traditional kingship system.
Wulfruna:

The Hausa are much more numerous than the Fulani. Yet Fulani (with support of some local Hausas) were able to overthrow the Hausa kingdoms. So your point here is invalid.
the fulani waged a full blown war with a well mobilized army as part of the jihad that swept throughout sudan. It was a war, a bloody religious one at that. The outcome was a caliphate, whose authority is sustained by islamic principles, after much resistance from hausas(habbe and zazzau). This is different from the fact the afonja was killed by fulani and hausas. The supposed native maority people of ilorin didnt resist. And they established a rule and later recognised as an emirate, without a war. Let me ask you, could it have been possible for alimi to kill the alaafin and establish an emirate over oyo?

Wulfruna:

Second: Who told you the culture and traditions of the Yoruba were 'obliterated'? That a veil of islamism was put over the city is not the same thing as the local culture being obliterated. Language is a part of culture: Ilorin still speaks Yoruba, and the people still bear Yoruba names. Traditional Yoruba institutions such as the Balogun system have even survived the islamization of the city.
only language and name( not in all cases) is their only link with yoruba. Majority of them are not yoruba by blood, which is why the likes of sarakis maintain they are fulani. Does that happen in kano? Is kano not an emirate?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by lawani: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:
did alimi conquer ilorin with an army? Most of you yorubas maintain that he never waged a formal war which is which is why i used the word 'subdued'. Since that is the case why did they easily gain control over the town if indeed it was peopled by indigenous yorubas?

the statement in bold is your assumption. No group willingly fight their own established indigenous institution of authority in favour of a foreign one. The hausas despite having some muslims among them fought bloody wars with fulanis in resistance to the emirate system. Simply admit that fulanis succeded because ilorin has no natives with a king who resisted the overthrow their traditional kingship system.
the fulani waged a full blown war with a well mobilized army as part of the jihad that swept throughout sudan. It was a war, a bloody religious one at that. The outcome was a caliphate, whose authority is sustained by islamic principles, after much resistance from hausas(habbe and zazzau). This is different from the fact the afonja was killed by fulani and hausas. The supposed native maority people of ilorin didnt resist. And they established a rule and later recognised as an emirate, without a war. Let me ask you, could it have been possible for alimi to kill the alaafin and establish an emirate over oyo?

only language and name( not in all cases) is their only link with yoruba. Majority of them are not yoruba by blood, which is why the likes of sarakis maintain they are fulani. Does that happen in kano? Is kano not an emirate?

You talk like a mad man. Where are you from? Go and face that place and develop it! I lorin does not have land up to half of Jebba which is 100 km North of Ilorin, an Igbomina traditional state of around 40 towns with one Oba. To the West are Other Igbomina, Obolo and other Yorubas. North west is Nupe and Bariba. No Hausa or Fulani town anywhere near Ilorin a city surrounded by Yorubas not tainted with Emirs! So go and use your brains for where you are from. Where is that? Ilorin will determine their future, not you a simpleton and idiot to boot. The protection agreement with the British is with Balogun Ajikobi a son of the legendary Alaafin Abiodun.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Codes151(m): 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Back in the days we had upmost respect for traditional rulers...

Nowadays, al we se r traditional fools! Pigs! Clowns!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Noneroone(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
lawani:

You talk like a mad man. Where are you from? Go and face that place and develop it! I lorin does not have land up to half of Jebba which is 100 km North of Ilorin, an Igbomina traditional state of around 40 towns with one Oba. To the West are Other Igbomina, Obolo and other Yorubas. North west is Nupe and Bariba. No Hausa or Fulani town anywhere near Ilorin a city surrounded by Yorubas not tainted with Emirs! So go and use your brains for where you are from. Where is that? Ilorin will determine their future, not you a simpleton and idiot to boot. The protection agreement with the British is with Balogun Ajikobi a son of the legendary Alaafin Abiodun.
this is the problem with most of you. You abandon reason for emotion. When you get back to your sences you quote me otherwise i'll call the mods.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by lawani: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
WE ARE HAPPY THAT AN ILORIN FAMILY COMPOUND BALOGUN GAMBARI COMPOUND FOUNDED BY A HAUSA MAN HAS BECOME VERY ILLUSTRIOUS PRODUCING A WORLD REKNOWN UN DIPLOMAT LIKE PROF GAMBARI, EMIR AND ETC. IF THE FOUNDER HAD REMAINED IN KATSINA OR KANO WHERE WILL HIS DESCENDANTS BE TODAY? HOWEVER HAUSA OF YORUBA DESCENT HAVE ALSO MADE IT IN KANO. THE BALOGUN FULANI TOO HAVE PRODUCED PEOPLE LIKE BELGORE AND ETC.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by omojeesu(m): 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
God is judge and will judge all who are perpertuating lies.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Wulfruna(f): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
Noneroone:

I cannot continue to deal with this ignorance anymore. The history i've been spoonfeeding you, and which you clearly have no knowledge about is well recorded in history. Go and read a book and stop arguing blindly about what you don't know.

'The History of the Yorubas' by Samuel Johnson is available online and goes into some detail about Ilorin and how the Fulani came to power there...and the role played consciously and unconsciously by Yoruba Muslims elements in propping up Fulani power in the town. You can go on to read other texts like Revolution and Power Politics in Yorubaland. By the time you are done, you'll be embarrassed by the ignorance you've been spilling here.

And I am not Yoruba, FYI.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Nowenuse: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2016
Wulfruna:

So,Katsina is no longer historically Hausa because the elite and royal houses and bladiblabla are now Fulani?

Yes, thank God u said 'historically' hausa. Now, a new identity called Hausa-fulani has emerged and most hausas and hausanized fulanis are okay with their new identity.
Both pure fulanis, hausanized fulanis and hausas are now co and equal owners of katsina, so no single ethnicity has rights over the city
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin by Nowenuse: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2016
Ilorin city is not a yoruba city ethnically. U have yorubas, yorubanized hausas and yorubanuzed fulanis and pure fulanis and pure hausas who speak yoruba as a second language as co owners of the city.

Infact when u talk of Ilorin emirate which includes Moro and Asa LGAs, native nupe speakers are now included as part of Ilorin emirate. So Ilorin emirate which includes the 3 LGAs that make up Ilorin city + Moro & Asa LGAs is a multi ethnic kingdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! / Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.