Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,647 members, 7,851,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250222 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 2:05am On Apr 08, 2010
@george,paksat only wk with d dielectric and when i remov d dielct no ch show.Pls w2 is nt com wk dish wt cld b d brob also thaicom
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Onto01: 4:50am On Apr 08, 2010
guys please put me thru,how can watch mbc3 which just lost signal,or do i have to change the position of the dish?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2010
@ all gurus in the house,
pls can any one the house xplian why dish always lost signal where trhere is little rain or breeze?
do i need to correct something?i am on sirius,astra2b,w6,w3,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 10:52am On Apr 08, 2010
seunoluomo:

pls can any one the house xplian why dish always lost signal where trhere is little rain or breeze?

most of those dish are using KU band signal,so do not worry,if te weather clears your signal will come back.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2010
@ all
i know that ku band signal goes when rain comes but why?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2010
@Seunoluomo: That is a pretty common occurrence for KU band called Rain Fade. You can visit the link here for more info. hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_fade
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hello awse, pls i need info or link on aw to track astra 2b(multi tv)
Cos i dont want to miss el classico.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2010
@all gurus
i have 2.4m pan dish motorised,i tracked w4/7,astra2b,nss7,w6 my self but
can anyone in the house help me with the list of trackable satellite so i can try my knowledge.
plsssssssssssssssssssssssss gurusssssssssssssss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
seun pls use lyngsat to get sats but here are some you can get wit yur 2:4 m dish , thiacom, apstar , abs1,intelssat 7;10, intel 902; 906 paksat arabsat w4 w6 rascom , w2a w3a sirius 4 intelsat 10-02 atlantic bird 3 nss 7 nss 12 nilesat just to mention a few. All these are yours if u have 3-in-1 lnb setup
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ all,
infinity tv on astra2b is on. 12543 h 20800.enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 8:27pm On Apr 08, 2010
@All,
Goodnews! I am back to FTA satellite since last weekend. Remember I had uninstalled the dishes to change residence? I successfully installed 4 dishes within one hour last saturday: W4/7; PAS-7/10; Sirius4; W3A. All are 65cm Eurostar Dishes with 0.3dB Supermax Ku-Band LNB. Now strategically moving to invest into MPEG4 DVB-S2 Equipment! Keep discovering!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by esuo2(m): 12:29am On Apr 09, 2010
i use a 1.8m ground mount dish,with a strong c band lnb.yesterday i tried nailing w2a and got the last transponder with channels like stvc1,stve1 and the rest at 66% .the other two transponders refuse to turn green with quality 56-60%.pls the gurus in the house should pls help me,am stranded.from eastern part of ghana.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by esuo2(m): 12:34am On Apr 09, 2010
THIS MY E-MAIL AND TEL, esuoghanney2@yahoo.com , +233248553887
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 6:26am On Apr 09, 2010
esuo2:

i use a 1.8m ground mount dish,with a strong c band lnb.yesterday i tried nailing w2a and got the last transponder with channels like stvc1,stve1 and the rest at 66% .the other two transponders refuse to turn green with quality 56-60%.pls the gurus in the house should pls help me,am stranded.from eastern part of ghana.

To get the best out of that bird you need at most 3m dish. I use 2.4m mesh dish, but with quality level as high as 73% the frequency 3927 V 8300 cracks. I can only get it when it gains 1% upwards. And that is around dawn and late evening. But all other frequencies are stable.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2010
Wow wow joy sport is madrid vs barca. Am gona make some moni?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2010
@all gurus
i have 2.4m[size=8pt] ku[/size] pan dish motorised,i tracked w4/7,astra2b,nss7,w6 my self but
can anyone in the house help me with the list of trackable satellite so i can try my knowledge.
plsssssssssssssssssssssssss gurusssssssssssssss
pls remember ku only
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2010
@Salamander
I experience exactly the same thing as esuo2.
With 66% the signal still cracks after some time. it is a periodic thing. As you said even with 2.4m, hitting 73%, 3927V/8300 still cracks. To me I think it is still a transmission issue that has to be technically taken care as they uplink.  Though the difference of 10MHz and 13MHz between the tps is significant to call for bigger dish
Notwithstanding, it is my own opinion expressed as experienced.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Seunoluomo
Go ahead and track Pass 7/10, Nilesat. I think after that you will be satisfied, and crowned as on of the great HUNTERS.
As for other birds, follow here:
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/atlantic.html
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/europe.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
@ALL
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME THE FREQUENCY FOR DAARSAT because I HAVE SEARCH THRU ALL THE SITE NO SHOW ONLY AIT,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
@All: the infinity channels are on right now tp 12545 v 20784. Anyone with info on the channels? Will they be FTA?
Also, anyone with the latest CRTV tp? The one i have here is just green without video (I was actually trying to find CRTV when i blind-scanned and got the Infinity channels). Thanks a bunch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2010
Hopitinto:

Wow wow joy sport is madrid vs barca. Am gona make some moni?
Are you really sure that joy sports will show madrid vs barca match?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
Please can you tell the house the TP of this ''much-talked-about'' JOY SPORT?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Unseen(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
seunoluomo:

@ALL
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME THE FREQUENCY FOR DAARSAT because I HAVE SEARCH THRU ALL THE SITE NO SHOW ONLY AIT,

DEAD AND GONE
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
@all, multitv stations are not available now.  Is it true?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Olayinkaoj(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2010
Please can you tell the house the TP of this ''much-talked-about'' JOY SPORT?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
Joy sport is just one of the multitv channels. All the channels have always been on though they go off air occasionally.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Spaceman

spaceman:

@Salamander
I experience exactly the same thing as esuo2.
With 66% the signal still cracks after some time. it is a periodic thing. As you said even with 2.4m, hitting 73%, 3927V/8300 still cracks. To me I think it is still a transmission issue that has to be technically taken care as they uplink.  Though the difference of 10MHz and 13MHz between the tps is significant to call for bigger dish
Notwithstanding, it is my own opinion expressed as experienced.

Yes i agree with u that it's a technical thing.I use to get all up to 80% plus until recently it's only the 3951 which is active at 73% and cracks until it's 74% plus.I use 1.8m pan.I believe it will stabilize once they fix it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
@ house,my multi tv has not been on,i dont know whether they have gone or just off air,pls can someone that uses this bird let me know whats going before i tamper the dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2010
seunoluomo:

pls can any one the house xplian why dish always lost signal where there is little rain or breeze?
.,do you see at night without torch light?dark and rainy cloud block the satellite signal,this is a common question which every body knows
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
Sun-sat:

@ house,my multi tv has not been on,i dont know whether they have gone or just off air,pls can someone that uses this bird let me know whats going before i tamper the dish.

Had the same problem after trackn it today. Wat i did was this: i use d same decoder 4 ew3a, w7 & astra. Wat i did was to define anoda profile unda the satelite list(one of d empty ones), then i entered astra's tp on the newly defined tp.
Note: u ave to adjust ur disq eq.(if u use a decoder 4 more dan 1 dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
All, multitv and crtv are back. Check it now
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 5:26am On Apr 10, 2010
@Emeritus,tell me,what is the name of the satellite and frequency for multitv and crtv?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.