Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250762 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
Justtobor:

Pls gurus ,which mpeg 4channels(are on eutelsat w2a?r they worth it,am askin cos am abt to get an mpeg4 decoder
I have a reasonable answer for u. From google type 'w2a lyngsat' or 'astra2b lyngsat' with this u can view their separate pages&see numerous channels on various platforms for ur self to decide
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2010
I have a reasonable answer for u.

silence is the best answer for a F.O.O.L gosh!!! what did i just say? OMG
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 2:01am On Apr 15, 2010
enitan2002:

I have a reasonable answer for u.

silence is the best answer for a F.O.O.L gosh!!! what did i just say? OMG
bros take am easy we al here to entertain ourself
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 2:08am On Apr 15, 2010
@enitan and toba, u guys are one of d elder we are looking upto in this forum so pls play maturity
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 2:13am On Apr 15, 2010
Justtobor:

Pls gurus ,which mpeg 4channels(are on eutelsat w2a?r they worth it,am askin cos am abt to get an mpeg4 decoder
the chs are ok and they ve beta programme bt they may b scrambble at time
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 15, 2010
IRAPADA:

@enitan and toba, u guys are one of d elder we are looking upto in this forum so pls play maturity

irapada,
thanks for that. If you dont really dig into someone why not let that person be. And mistake is that they start something they wouldnt be able to finish. Thanks once again, and has anyone told the guy in question that he needs a minimum of 1.8m dish size to be able to nail that? Even he that wanted to provide a more reasonable answer than mine forgot to tell him that. lol
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2010
Na wa o,guys take it easy.yeah i v 2.5m mesh dish,ope dat ll do?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:12am On Apr 15, 2010
@curiousman,
You have started well by getting a 4669X decoder which as of now is the latest decoder from STRONG with MPEG4 capabilities. What you need to do next is to get yourself a minimum of 1.8m mesh (or 2.4m) and proceed to motorise it. Then you will get the full benefit of the decoder you have bought. That fixed 90cm dish you have will not give you much even if you are to buy the most expensive decoder on earth!

Meanwhile, your welcome to the best forum on nairaland. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2010
@GEORGE_D
@ abyone in the house,

pls why did you abandon me at this stage when you have tried for me,you gave at the spoce to track i did ,i gave you kudos for that.

my guy,please could help me with the easiest TP to track the follow satellite

Intelsat 902 @ 62 C&ku
Intelsat 904 @ 64C&ku
Arabsat 2B @ 30 C&ku
Eutelsat W2 @10.0 C&ku

West
Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 C&ku
Atlantic Bird3 @ 5  C&ku
Intelsat 901 @ 18 C&ku
NSS 7 @ 22 C
Intelsat 905  @24.5 C&ku
Intelsat 907 @ 27.5 C&ku
please gurus i want to know starting point  to track w2.
please i am waiting  for your response
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
IRAPADA:

Thats exactly what i did by not being childish in my response.
this was the guys question

Justtobor:

and my response

toba:

I have a reasonable answer for u. From google type 'w2a lyngsat' or 'astra2b lyngsat' with this u can view their separate pages&see numerous channels on various platforms for your self to decide

I gave the above response knowing that an unreasonable answer that was not in line with the question that was asked, was given by the all 'knowing'

My answer wasn't 100%, but could have given more help than me over-zealously answering

'has anyone told the guy in question that he needs a minimum of 1.8m dish size to be able to nail that? Even he that wanted to provide a more reasonable answer than mine forgot to tell him that. lol'

BTW He requested for the channels and not dish size, giving him the dish size is 'over syllabus and overzealousness'

His post once again

Justtobor:

Pls gurus ,[b]which mpeg 4channels(are on eutelsat w2a?r they worth [/b]it,am askin cos am abt to get an mpeg4 decoder

i cant find dish size in the question
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
Hmmm!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jesus3: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2010
IRAPADA:

going through the previous pages and reading the posts of enitan and toba, i found enitan blowing issues out of proportion.

Enitan ur response isnt too good for the question asked about w2a

enitan2002:

get the decoder first, then we will be able to help by then

If u want to help u do so by telling him what he needs i.e he wants to know if buying a mpeg4 for w2a is really worth it. U should have just told him the channels rather than compelling him to buy first and get reasons for buying later. Its sort of medicine after death.

toba, well u went a step better by giving the guy some help with ur response

toba:

I have a reasonable answer for u. From google type 'w2a lyngsat' or 'astra2b lyngsat' with this u can view their separate pages&see numerous channels on various platforms for your self to decide

but reasonability should not have come up.

So guys get real amd move on in the spirit of FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jesus3: 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2010
Justtobor:

Na wa o,guys take it easy.yeah i v 2.5m mesh dish,ope dat ll do?

Oga na ur question wan cos yawa for here o
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
jesus.:

going through the previous pages and reading the posts of enitan and toba, i found enitan blowing issues out of proportion.

Enitan your response isnt too good for the question asked about w2a

If u want to help u do so by telling him what he needs i.e he wants to know if buying a mpeg4 for w2a is really worth it. U should have just told him the channels rather than compelling him to buy first and get reasons for buying later. Its sort of medicine after death.

toba, well u went a step better by giving the guy some help with your response

but reasonability should not have come up.

So guys get real amd move on in the spirit of FTA

thanks so much for shedding more light on that issue. I really appreciate your effort.
well i will accept that am always will always being childish in my acts, but 'HE' that thinks he's a grown up shouldnt have added 'reasonable' to his response, if he hasnt done that then i would have no reason to have gone to that extent. Just tell him he should steer clear off my way if he doesnt want &*(&^%$ to strike him.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
In the spirit of Fta i will invoke peace,but if the tempter cross my way, i will not allow him(claiming) to be 'her' go fta again. I will block his nilesat from showing
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2010
toba:

In the spirit of Fta i will invoke peace,but if the tempter cross my way, i will not allow him(claiming) to be 'her' go fta again. I will block his nilesat from showing

no wahala,

o ti tan ninu mi oooooooooo

toba,
how you dey? am not who you think i am, so many peeps can testify to that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2010
I wil suggest we give answer to a question by not refering to others answers in that we wil not in any way step on some toes
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
I like some guys on this our forum. Why? Some knows how to ask the so called unimaginable questns whilst others can respond to the queries. Enitan patience is the key. Sometimes i do ask George many questns through mail&he responds well&i do appreciate. So be ready to here nonsense question&learn to help the questionaire with sensible response. Cheers. I have an MBA exam to write on Sun in Unical,so wish me well.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2010
toba:

I like some guys on this our forum. Why? Some knows how to ask the so called unimaginable questns whilst others can respond to the queries. Enitan patience is the key. Sometimes i do ask George many questns through mail&he responds well&i do appreciate. So be ready to here nonsense question&learn to help the questionaire with sensible response. Cheers. I have an MBA exam to write on Sun in Unical,so wish me well.

i will surely wish you well, if it was 'prayer' you asked for, i will declined that cos i wont want my prayers to get to the extent of you writing how to track nilesat, difference between MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, best decoder in the market and reason, all on your answer booklet, just be contented with the fact that i wish you well in all your endeavours.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2010
@enitan

nothing is easy with you. woman wey go marry you, go write exam tire!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 16, 2010
@jesus, i am surprised man,but no wohala,maybe i shdnt post questns again or i shd do it @ d backyard,lol
@enitan ,thanks fr d newly found peace,
@toba,all d best in ur professional xamz,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by curiousman66: 4:40am On Apr 16, 2010
George_D:

@curiousman,
You have started well by getting a 4669X decoder which as of now is the latest decoder from STRONG with MPEG4 capabilities. What you need to do next is to get yourself a minimum of 1.8m mesh (or 2.4m) and proceed to motorise it. Then you will get the full benefit of the decoder you have bought. That fixed 90cm dish you have will not give you much even if you are to buy the most expensive decoder on earth!

Meanwhile, your welcome to the best forum on nairaland. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

@George
Thanks, I guess will have to get 1.8, but will a ku band work on 1.8m dish? And also, for almost 4 days now CRTV and Deever sever( a french channel) is off, I'm wondering where i will get the champions league to watch, Do u have any idea of why CRTV is off>, Thanks again,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 16, 2010
olofofo:

@enitan

nothing is easy with you. woman wey go marry you, go write exam tire!

maybe thats the reason i've not found someone to get serious with me, lol
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2010
@enitan, pls which of badr4 and nilesat is easest to installe with 2.4m pan
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by loluskysat(m): 11:16am On Apr 16, 2010
@All,

Please you don't have to answer a question if you feel it is stupid, you can choose to ignore it. Also, if anyone has answered any question and you feel his/her response is incomplete or not explicit enough, you can give your own response, but not to attack the persons personality.

Collective reasoning and brainstorming is supposed to be our strength on this forum. If this unwholesome exchange is unabated, will we loose focus and waste time on mundane issues and this will reduce this forum to that of mediocre.

Please i think all the irrelevant trails should be deleted in order to keep the values of this forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
all happy weekend,enjoy shooting down the birds.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
@curiousman,
A ku band lnb will work fine on 1.8m. Just make sure you set it up at the right focal lenght.

CRTV do go off every now and then but they have not been down 4 days in a row of recent.
Maybe you need to check your dish settings.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
seunoluomo:

@GEORGE_D
@ abyone in the house,

pls why did you abandon me at this stage when you have tried for me,you gave at the spoce to track i did ,i gave you kudos for that.

my guy,please could help me with the easiest TP to track the follow satellite

Intelsat 902 @ 62 C&ku
Intelsat 904 @ 64C&ku
Arabsat 2B @ 30 C&ku
Eutelsat W2 @10.0 C&ku

West
Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 C&ku
Atlantic Bird3 @ 5  C&ku
Intelsat 901 @ 18 C&ku
NSS 7 @ 22 C
Intelsat 905  @24.5 C&ku
Intelsat 907 @ 27.5 C&ku
please gurus i want to know starting point  to track w2.
please i am waiting  for your response

@seunoluomo,

Intelsat 902/C use 3837h, 2466sr (citizen tv). This bird does not have KU band.
Intelsat 904/C -No useful beam for W/A.
Arabsat 2B - Use 3823h, 27500sr (etv Ethiopia )
Eutelsat w2a - Use 3865v, 13333sr (global feed)
Intelsat 10-02 - Use 4180h, 21050sr (nile drama)
Atlantic bird 3 - Use 3727v, 29950sr (DW TV Africa)
Intelsat 901 - Use 3890h, 26500sr (Ethiopia education)
NSS 7/c - Use 4179v, 27500sr (Aljazeera)
Intelsat 905 - Not recieving
Intelsat 907/C - Use 4048v, 7000sr (Record international europe)

Lastly, to track w2a, use w3a as your point of reference. The two satelites are
almost at the same place.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
@George_D
thank a lot, i`ve been asking this question seen monday no response.i give you kudos cos i was wondering wat i will do over the weekend?thanks for giving me job , lot of love my guy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2010
@GOERGE_D
PLEASE MY GUY ,FOR NILESAT WHICH TP IS EASY TO TRACK , PLEASE REPLY ,I AM ABOUT LEAVING THE OFFICE, A BIG THANKS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2010
@seunoluomo,
Try 11977v, 27500sr (MTV arabia)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2010
IRAPADA:

@enitan, pls which of badr4 and nilesat is easest to installe with 2.4m pan

depends on ur location. In Lagos tried to nail badr but was difficult and then went for nilesat and got it very easily.
I doubt if anyone has ever nailed badr in Lagos but in the east and north its very easy

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.