Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249413 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2010
Check out 12034v27491 on w4/w7 for sporttv Africa
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Mikyhans

We will be checking on some project on Nilesat at Tema maybe over the weekend. If we get it, we will be able to confirm that Nilesat is gettable here. Then we can talk about your location. But I believe it is possible.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2010
@George,pls oga K24 on W4/7 is it same position wit Dstv or Hitv?and pls wat size of dish, i want to nail the bird by mornin pls.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 3:24am On Apr 20, 2010
Is CTL  still on satellite in Nigeria?
I am visiting voxafrica studio(sirius 4) in Southwest London on Wednesday evening.i will gist you on their operations and something about to unravel!

The following article was culled from nigeria's daily independent-
Multichoice: This Is Business By Ambush
Sam Akpe

Multichoice, the mother company to DSTV, is an African creation meant to relay cable television transmissions across the world to the African continent. Since it started operations a few years ago, DSTV has brought the world in beautiful colours to the living rooms of many Nigerians. It has become an instant theatre and a sport hall. With just a finger on the right button, the world opens like a window before your eyes. Political and business discussions are conducted as though you were in a conference. You don’t only watch events; you participate.

The fact that Nigeria is the largest consumer market in Africa is not lost to the owners of DSTV. They have simply invaded the country. And the response from information-hungry Nigerians has been overwhelming. Within a short time, the company has gained a commanding audience. Every day, the operators smile to the bank while the subscribers wait for the next increase in subscription fees. I have always been thrilled by the appetite of many Nigerians to pay any amount for any service that works. The same people who refused to pay their telephone bills some years back are today subscribing to all the GSM networks operating in the country. At least, they can make calls and sometimes get through. For DSTV, no matter what they charge, no matter the arbitrary increase in their subscription rate, they have filled a gap by offering us a view of the outside world.

However, Nigerians now have alternatives to DSTV. The alternatives have come to fill an over-exploited gap. The era of monopoly is gradually coming to an end. What baffles me is that DSTV owners do not seem to be aware of  this. They still treat their subscribers with contempt. I am not making a general statement. I’ll tell you my own story or that of the company I work for. The management of DSTV has decided to introduce what one angry man calls business by robbery. The company now arm-twists customers to pay for what they did not buy.

When I resumed from vacation in April 2009, I noticed that our DSTV subscription had expired. I quickly made arrangements for renewal. Early this year, we decided to move our office and I had to delay further renewal of subscription until we completed the movement which was done in phases. Finally on March 26, I sent someone to DSTV office to renew the subscription. An hour later, I received a call that my attention was needed. I went over. A young man at the counter looked at me with icy contempt—the type reserved for someone hungry for fresh fish pepper soup when he could hardly afford kanda. I deliberately shifted the conversation beyond the borders of pidgin English. That unsettled him. He said my company was indebted to DSTV. That was strange because by tradition, DSTV will not allow you enjoy its services beyond one minute of what you paid for. You would be rudely cut off.

The brusque young man simply abandoned me to my reasoning. I had to force his attention back. In the end, I demanded to see the manager. She was nice but helpless. The story was that at the end of our February subscription in 2009, either someone within the house did not cut us off or that the system was not programmed to block service provision to our advantage; so they had gone ahead to beam their signals until the end of March. And that having enjoyed a service we did not ask for it, my company must pay for it. 

I demanded to know a few things: if her story was true, how come it took them one full year to demand for payment? No answer. Is it traditional for DSTV to provide service to subscribers when payment has not been made? No! Was the provision of such service based on internal error? Yes! Is it therefore proper to shift the punishment for such an error to a customer? No! Is it morally proper for my company to be punished for the offence it did not commit? No! If a GSM network allows you to make calls beyond the amount you loaded your phone with (in pay-as-you-go-service) and later sent you an unexpected bill, will you pay? No!

I told them that I felt unfairly treated. The manager said I could go ahead and pay for fresh service while the other matter was being sorted out internally. The payment of N10, 800, was made while we returned to the office. Almost an hour later, we were not connected. I sent my assistant back to DSTV office. A rude shock awaited us as he was informed that the money we paid was used to write off the scandalous “debt.” And that if we were interested in enjoying their service, we should make another payment. He said the order to seize our money came from “above.”

That order was not from God. It came from a certain over-paid, arrogant individual who believes in business by ambush. True, N10, 800 is a small amount, not deserving much attention, but you never can tell how many Nigerians have suffered this kind of robbery from DSTV. Let it be known to DSTV that I personally feel robbed because I cannot tell my company to pay for a service it did not solicit. That means I am the victim.

My demand: I want my money back. To render a service I did not solicit without sending me a bill, only to lay ambush for me, is morally and legally wrong.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 4:46am On Apr 20, 2010
@Tox
Get your money back. If you need to get a lawyer, do that. There are things worth fighting for. It is not about the money, it is about your right
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2010
@ ameboperoo

@all

can anyone confirm for me if mutitv and crtv,gtv on astra2b is still on cos everything went off at my flat and never come back till now?please help meooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2010
Seun. I've answered your ? on Astra2b thread. Check it out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bisi12004: 8:16am On Apr 20, 2010
All, crtv is now back online with d same old tp.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ George_D

A happy am back again, how are u doing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mickyhans(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
salamander:

@Mikyhans

We will be checking on some project on Nilesat at Tema maybe over the weekend. If we get it, we will be able to confirm that Nilesat is gettable here. Then we can talk about your location. But I believe it is possible.

@ Salamander

Thanks,
will be keeping my figure cross.Holla me as soon as you are done.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ jayron
i am happy that you are back here ,how are you and your people over there .please i want to kknow if multi tv is still trasmitting?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ seunoluomo
Thank u, Multi TV is still on.

It is only CRTV, that was partially down before i left home on monday.
Well a friend of my called me on thesame issue, when i got there the fisrst thing i checked was his freq computation later dish setting. Both were okay i then moven UP to the DISH and checked the LNB. They were all okay i then concluded that the dish had been shifted from its position. The track began and it was fine (but with a bit of skewing)

You can try that.

@ All

Pls before u buy 4663X or 9X call me to hint u on how to know the original. Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
But you did not put your phone no. Why foot you just post the features here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2010
IRAPADA:

@george,u said in one of your post that we wil need at least 2.4M dish to receiv tv malawi,my qus is did ve it on your 3 in 1 arrang and also is there anytin special abt d tv malawi

@IRAPADA,
I recieved tv malawi a long time ago while I was in the process of tracking nilesat with my 3m fibre. It was just a one off thing though picture was sharp and signal quality high. I don't think there's anything special in that channel. I only responded to the post to throw more light on the info tonero gave.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2010
aka tonero:

@George,pls oga K24 on W4/7 is it same position wit Dstv or Hitv?and pls wat size of dish, i want to nail the bird by mornin pls.

@tonero,
K24 is on w7 same position with dstv and hitv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2010
@jayron,
Your welcome back. How was your exams? I hope you fire dem well, well oooo! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
@all,is there a way of knowing whether a channel you are watching is mpeg4 or mpeg2,dvb-s2 or dvb-s while using mpeg4,dvb-s2 receiver? Is it possible? Help me ooooooooo!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2010
salamander:

@Tox
Get your money back. If you need to get a lawyer, do that. There are things worth fighting for. It is not about the money, it is about your right
i dont think so, Tox should try and go through the terms and condition again b4 thinkin of wasting more money if he ever thinks of going to court !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2010
@salamander,
Tox was not the man ripped off in the news article. He only copied the story from the newspapers (daily independent) to show us how dstv is ripping off its subscribers.

In anycase, they're already having a taste of their own medicine through dong**!  grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chuk101(m): 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2010
@oilepo , visit either flysat or lyngsat u would find what u are looking for.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2010
@George

Tnx for clarifying the issue on Tox. Yeah, dong-qui-zot! lol
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 2:02am On Apr 21, 2010
salamander,
thanks.it wasnt me but the guy whose name appeared at the top of the article.i have never used their services inspite of being their voice on commercials in nigeria for about 5/6years!

georgie,
thanks for the clarification.i just cant wait to hit naija for the dongle too.i hope they wont begin a manhunt for the server base by the time it becomes very popular all over nigeria.three of my friends here in the uk are thinking of ordering the dongles for their family members in naija!
is ctl still on satellite?i think it was on w4 then,with their nba and nollywood channels.
pls get in touch george.i hope i will see you and butoneday when i visit naija in july/august.

all,
i will gist you about my visit to voxafrica studios,sw london wednesday evening.they used to be on nss7 but moved to sirius 4 recently.they are also online www.voxafrica.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2010
@all
please i want to if there is any other satellite i can track with 1m dish  apart  from w4/7,w3,w6,nss7 and astra 2b.please i need answer from you all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by isomadtech(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2010
@Toxnaija
pls send me a mail at isomadtech@gmail.com. Long time, how your programme. pls make it urgent so that we can discuss
@all
That has been the attitude of multichoice for a very long time. they do it in order to meet up their target. Their customer officers that are in charge of subscription normally have a target for every quater and they just extend customers billing period in order to accomodate such deficiences. It is not a new thing, it has been on like that for quite a long time. The person concerned is bold enough to go to the press to make known his grieviances while a lot of them groan underneath.
@olofofo
thanks for the assistance. God bless.
pls i hereby apply for the backyard membership
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mickyhans(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2010
Hello All,
I wish to apply for a pass to the backyard o o
My Email is mabekah@gmail.com.

George D
Is it possible to nail Nilesat or Badr in Ghana with 4.5 metre fibre dish and fuji lnb.
Am hitting 98% for NSS7(TV5) and 85% for Astra 2b(Multitv).

Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
To d concern not to mention a few name,

Olofofo, Enitan, Bodejohn, and other g group member.
APPLICATION TO JOIN THE BACKYARD GROUP.
location-ibadan
mail-oyebodewaleo@gmail.com
will be glad if i'm considered a member.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
What is d requirement 4 one to qualify to be a member of d backyard
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ All backyard applicants

There are lots of qualities and character we expect from u guys.
This group is not meant for all but for some selected few.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
What is the tracking frequency for w6 and what is the minimum dish size to nail it? What are the receivable channels on the bird? I want to nail the bird even if just for fun.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
jayron:

[/quo
Can u name d qualities and descib character
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
jayron:

name the qualities and describ such characters
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by curiousman66: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2010
jayron:

@ seunoluomo
Thank u, Multi TV is still on.

It is only CRTV, that was partially down before i left home on monday.
Well a friend of my called me on thesame issue, when i got there the fisrst thing i checked was his freq computation later dish setting. Both were okay i then moven UP to the DISH and checked the LNB. They were all okay i then concluded that the dish had been shifted from its position. The track began and it was fine (but with a bit of skewing)

You can try that.

@ All

Pls before u buy 4663X or 9X call me to hint u on how to know the original. Prevention is better than cure.

I already have 69x, but the symptoms I'm seeing is making me convince that its not original.Its very slow, and the usual transition that you see when you change a channel especially on 63x is not available on 69x, moreover the remote control I have for 69x I mean the features is quite different, thus there is no color button on it as with the 63x remote, Can the 63x remote work with the 69x? .How do I determine if its fake, thnx,

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.