Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,384 members, 7,846,624 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249909 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
Hi guys,been away 4 a while. Good work.guess d use of d chilboard will make d forum more effective.@george how u dy? I just came 4rm warri,been there 4d last 10-15days.was just too busy.@all a ha ppy weekend to you all.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
Plz sir George_D,
What is the working tp for EW4 using 90cm dish and second question is: why is it that when I blindscan on Sirius 4 at 84 percent quality level my audio and video go off (still using 90cm dish with srt 4663)? Thank in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2010
@lovala,
You can use any of the DSTV tps namely 11747h, 27500sr or 11785h, 27500sr. Also, try and use at least 1.8m dish instead of 90cm. As for sirius 4 it could be a weather issue. Try and blindscan again in fair weather.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ all,
this is like an invitation to all contributors of this great thread with a facebook account to join the group for Nairaland FTA Hobbyst on Facebook and lets go a step further in getting to know who we really are, instead of hiding behind the walls of this forum. Some of us are members of the group already, but this is just like a clarion call for the interested ones.

COME ONE, COME ALL.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63150742380#!/group.php?gid=63150742380&v=wall

thats the link for the group.

De rien, You are welcome
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
toba:

depends on your location. In Lagos tried to nail badr but was difficult and then went for nilesat and got it very easily.
I doubt if anyone has ever nailed badr in Lagos but in the east and north its very easy
thank 4 d post and hw was ur exams,im in akure and i ve tried to nail nilesat with my 2.4mesh bt d signal just refus to go green i ve decid to get 2.4pan bt if my mesh wil just pick badr4 in wil b d happiest man
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
IRAPADA:

thank 4 d post and hw was your exams,im in akure and i ve tried to nail nilesat with my 2.4mesh bt d signal just refus to go green i ve decid to get 2.4pan bt if my mesh wil just pick badr4 in wil b d happiest man

I have wanted to tell you that tracking nilesat with your self-converted mesh to pan dish is like a white elephant project, but i just feel like letting you go ahead with it, so that you can learn more. Cos its from mistakes and not getting it right we can further our knowledge.

Looking at the interior of your dish, i can see so many rough edges, and with this alone the reflection of signal beams will be greatly affected. cos the interior has to be so smooth to the extent that, the signal beams collected on the surface of dish are reflected and combined to the maximum at the focal point of the dish, and in your case this process will never be achieved, the signal beams reflected to the focal point will still not be enough to puch the red bar on yur decoder to green.

So wish you luck next time you try it out on a real ready-made PAN dish.

Bon chance!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2010
@toba,did u study satellite as ur first degree cos u talk like smone who read it,anyway i ve remove those tapolin i gum on it,im nw using it to watch those sat GEORGE send to me i mean d 3 in 1 arrangement and its wking wel bt my choice is mbc1-4,fox movie and series
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2010
@enitan, i ve remove those tapolin i gum on it,im nw using it to watch those sat GEORGE send to me i mean d 3 in 1 arrangement and its wking wel bt my choice is mbc1-4,fox movie and series
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2010
IRAPADA:

@toba,did u study satellite as your first degree cos u talk like smone who read it,anyway i ve remove those tapolin i gum on it,im nw using it to watch those sat GEORGE send to me i mean d 3 in 1 arrangement and its wking wel bt my choice is mbc1-4,fox movie and series
Hahahaha satellite ke? Is there any course like that in Nigeria? Some of my friends that studied geography/land surveying do have ideas about points&location in terms of satellite. Congrats of ur installation,thats y i like Nigerian youths with their never say die approach.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by esuo2(m): 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ all de gurus,
Guys in Ghana,does anybody know where i can get a SUPERMAX c-band LNB,very urgent this my contact
Is SABC 1,2,3 on ,if yes can somebody pls drop the frequency to track with.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2010
Today ,i want to share wat i experienced on d field.
Wanted to track w3a 4 a friend 2day wit 90cm,srt l735 0.3db lnb & 4663x. Cudnt hit green on w3a,w4,w7 & sirius 4 wit lnb skewed @ 3'0 clock, using working tp from my dish(workin o.k & also 3'0 clock skewed) were w3a is v & sirius h.
Afta 2 hrs,i decided to skew @ 9'0 clock,& hit green within 1min on w4/7 & w3a 3mins later wit w3a on h polarity.
Tryd skewin back to 3 wit v polarity, there was no show.
Conclusion, i'l advice who eva want to track w3a wit strong dish-90cm,lnb- L739 0.3db & 4663x shud skew @ 9'0 clock wit H-polarity.
Nb;
stands to b corrected.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bodejohn(m): 12:16am On Apr 17, 2010
I hope this is not rather late.
Buying fta equipment accessories should be what an fta hobbyist should do without thinking.
I cannot count the number of items that i have on fta that i have not used;
different dish sizes, H - H motor, magnetic compass, cas 3 programmer and recently dreambox.
That is why we call it our hobby! When you commit your resources to get the equipment,
your will power to now how it works or how to use it will follow,
My advice is buy, buy, buy and ask later.

Lest i forget, if you come to this forum and you do not pick a quarrel with enitan, you are obviously doing something wrong!
He is the fta stone that we pour red oil on, you will see more of his behaviour when next the moderator forgets to do the oil pouring.
Enitan - may the deities continue to guide you. bjvebghjkdlksjflFJOKFJkflkma'lfskml (that is goodluck in my own German)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 1:28am On Apr 17, 2010
@lovala,
You can use any of the DSTV tps namely 11747h, 27500sr or 11785h, 27500sr. Also, try and use at least 1.8m dish instead of 90cm. As for sirius 4 it could be a weather issue. Try and blindscan again in fair weather.

Thankx Sir George for your input. It helped a lot although we did strike EW4/7 accidentally. We were trying to get Loveworld for a lady neigbour given that they’d jumped ship from IS 7/10 to Astr2b, Nile sat and EW4. since the infinity tv tp on Astra2b is most often red, we decided to tackle EW4a. That was my first time going for the DSTV satellite. Thankx once again. The only low bird still slipping my grip is EW3a. I hope I get to nail it soonest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 1:50am On Apr 17, 2010
@Sir George_D:
I ain’t finished with you, Sir George_D.
The weather was crystal clear when we were chasing Sirius and when we hit it, the tps cmae out really good. We then worked on the lnb till the quality rose to and above 80 and that was when we went blindscanning. No channel cropped up after the blindscanning. However, the e – feed tp surfaced amongst the channels which was a plus. But, the audio and video had disappeared for all channels not withstanding the fact that they were all green. I deleted the tps from the list of tps for the satellite then fed them anew to obtain the same result. I remembered what a member had said in the forum about such a problem and then deleted the tps and used the empty satellite slot to enter the tp for Canal2 International and the channels came on with audio and video. When I scanned for the e-feed, the audio and video disappeared all over. So, over to you my oga. All other gurus plz help out on what may be happening here!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 17, 2010
bodejohn:

Lest i forget, if you come to this forum and you do not pick a quarrel with enitan, you are obviously doing something wrong!
He is the fta stone that we pour red oil on, you will see more of his behaviour when next the moderator forgets to do the oil pouring.
Enitan - may the deities continue to guide you. bjvebghjkdlksjflFJOKFJkflkma'lfskml (that is goodluck in my own German)

@ bodejohn,
you have finished me totally again on this thread, is it because you've been admitted into my 'hall of fame' that gives you the right to put a dirt on my personality.

@ all,
I'm not as bad as people tend to paint me, am a well loving person, just try and have a physical contact with me, then i can assure you all your wrong perspectives about me will fade into thinair.

bodejohn, How far with the blue color, any luck yet? micro, you should understand what am trying to say here too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 7:42am On Apr 17, 2010
esuo2:

@ all de gurus,
Guys in Ghana,does anybody know where i can get a SUPERMAX c-band LNB,very urgent this my contact
Is SABC 1,2,3 on ,if yes can somebody pls drop the frequency to track with.

Try A&C Shopping Arcade at East Legon. Regarding SABC. it is on at 62 Deg East on 3992 V 2900 (take note that the polarisation is dependable on our LNB) I believed you called me and asked about Paksat. kindly check www.lyngsat.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 17, 2010
I wanna say a very big appreciation to those who have yielded to the call of joining the FTA Hobbyst on facebook, and to those who havent responded yet, we still await your coming.

lets come together and move onward together in satellites and all other things.

the link here once again is

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63150742380#!/group.php?gid=63150742380&v=wall

we look forward to receiving you with open arms
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2010
@lovala,
Congrats for nailing w7 after such a long try.

As for etv on sirius 4 not showing audio or video, remember that it is only a feed tp and as such may be
lacking some of the parameters that goes to make a good station recievable.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2010
@ all. those on sirius with mpeg 4 are the sabc picking or are they are scrambled?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2010
please gurus,hw do i track 2m,i use 2.4m strong mesh dish,mbc didnt shw d match bw chelsea nd tothm,pls we shd endeavour to post accurate info pls .thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2010
Justtobor:

please gurus,hw do i track 2m,i use 2.4m strong mesh dish,mbc didnt shw d match bw chelsea nd tothm,pls we shd endeavour to post accurate info pls .thanks
u can cheak nss7 @22w or atlanticbird 3 @5w or eutelsat w6
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2010
@All, TV malawi is on blindscan nss7/ku.enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemibaloo(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2010
I most say, u people ar all Great. Sharing info on fta in dis forum.I RESPECT all gurus in dis forum,. i want to ask how do we skew @ 3.Oclock or 9.Oclock & diffreces btw dem cs smbody talkd about dat.
thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2010
@ All,
Can someone pls help me with aw to nail NSS 7 KU, WAt size of dish am i to use.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2010
phizz!
nss7 is at 22deg west and if u r in naija, it will be to the right from sirius 4, standing behind the dish; it is almost "back to back" with 36 deg E. you don't need to track sirius 4 b4 tracking, it's just a reference and once again if u r in naija 65cm should be ok at worst 90cm. but since u r in afghanistan i wonder the size of dish u will need to get this signal wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2010
phizz:

@ All,
Can someone pls help me with aw to nail NSS 7 KU, WAt size of dish am i to use.
hope u are trying to locate where to bomb in africa?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2010
These jokes are getting too expensive o. Pls lets stop it. This is an open forum I hope you know what I mean.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2010
@All, am asking this for the second time.How does one skew the lnbf at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock? Does lnbf have a ponter that point to 3 or 9 o'clock when skewing? May anyone respond please! Thanx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2010
Amebopero. Thats one of our challenge on NL.People dnt want to reveal their true identities such as picture, s.ex&correct location. Phizz said hes in Afghanistan but he will need say 20metres dish to receive that satellite
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fijabi(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2010
@all,there are 3 additional channels at EUTELSAT W7, NTV TV,K24 & KBC TV,they are Mpeg 4 (11.731v,8.751) enjoy it .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2010
@ All, LOL
I am Somewhere in Nigeria, Lets say around where Enitan stays and The State below the ONLY SULTAN in Nigeria.

@ All, thanks for the info on NSS,
It means i'll get the West Africa beams, South Africa bEam, east hemisphere. should do that soon, thanks once again.

IRAPADA:

hope u are trying to locate where to bomb in africa?
Still trying to locate, it might be ur bacyard, ; shocked shocked shocked shocked LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2010
Oilepo, the port on your ku lnbf where u socket cable(wire)using an f-connector, that is where kind of determines what time your lnbf is facing. Therefore u can position it to face 12,1,2 or 3 oclock and so on. hope u get it ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.