Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,774 members, 7,855,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250451 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
@curiousman66
yes your 63x remote will work for the 69x.please for the 69x please consult other cos i have not seen fake before but i use to buy all my accessories from strong dealers.please also check the system information in your 69x
if it has srt4669x + .be rest asure that itis original,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by curiousman66: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2010
seunoluomo:

@curiousman66
yes your 63x remote will work for the 69x.please for the 69x please consult other cos i have not seen fake before but i use to buy all my accessories from strong dealers.please also check the system information in your 69x
if it has srt4669x + .be rest asure that itis original,

@ Seunoluomo
Thanks! it has srt 4669x +, but have you notice that its very slow in operation?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
bayer munich v olympique de lyon live right now on Canal 3 benin on sirius 4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
@lovala i believe u're not new here soo pls do d right thing at the right thread.Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2010
@curiousman66
yes,but that the way it was built from strong technology, be rest assure that it is original.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 8:43am On Apr 22, 2010
@all

please i want to if there is any other satellite i can track with 1m dish apart from w4/7,w3,w6,nss7 and astra 2b.please i need answer,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 10:24am On Apr 22, 2010
@george,toba and enitan, pls what cld b d prob with my frd 2.4mesh,we discover that when a vehicle or moto cycle passes near d dish,d chs wil start to skip no mata hw high d frq.Their compound is along a busy street and there no other space to place d dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 11:19am On Apr 22, 2010
Seun. Your ? Has already been answered. YEEEEEEEEESSSS! Intelsat 7,10 @ 68.5'e and Sirius 4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2010
as regards ur query even on local tv channels when any mehanized device like gen,car, bike passes by it does shows some lines on tv, but have never experienced it before on digital satellite. he may have to change the current position of tv away from waves. Last night my phone was close to the tv and when a call came in, the was lining on the tv

IRAPADA:

@george,[b]toba [/b]and enitan, pls what cld b d prob with my frd 2.4mesh,we discover that when a vehicle or moto cycle passes near d dish,d chs wil start to skip no mata hw high d frq.Their compound is along a busy street and there no other space to place d dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2010
toxnaija:

georgie,
thanks for the clarification.i just cant wait to hit naija for the dongle too.i hope they wont begin a manhunt for the server base by the time it becomes very popular all over nigeria.three of my friends here in the uk are thinking of ordering the dongles for their family members in naija!
is ctl still on satellite?i think it was on w4 then,with their nba and nollywood channels.
pls get in touch george.i hope i will see you and butoneday when i visit naija in july/august.

@toxnaija,
Big brother has suffered a major hit with the intro of that powerful tool. I guess it's pay back time for them for all these years they been ripping people off. Yellow's been having theirs through ftb so why not apply same treatment to w7? grin

As for CTL, they were on w4 earlier on using 'trend tv' as their trade name but going to two yrs now they simply disappeared! I guess they're back to digital terrestial which they're better known for.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
@all i was wondering that since there are lots of ku band footprint within africa i can speak of many stations from Ghana, kenya, benin, angola but what suprise me is our friends from nigeria, i have not received any channels from that side on ku which is Fta.Am i missing some of ur wonderful stations.pls let me know, i would love to watch those stations like silverbird, AIT etc
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2010
mickyhans:

George D
Is it possible to nail Nilesat or Badr in Ghana with 4.5 metre fibre dish and fuji lnb.
Am hitting 98% for NSS7(TV5) and 85% for Astra 2b(Multitv).

@mickyhans,
I think salamander, sathob, captainus and a few other members from Ghana are on top of this and they will be in a better position to provide you real on-the-spot answers. Theoretically however, it is possible.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
curiousman66:

I already have 69x, but the symptoms I'm seeing is making me convince that its not original.Its very slow, and the usual transition that you see when you change a channel especially on 63x is not available on 69x, moreover the remote control I have for 69x I mean the features is quite different, thus there is no color button on it as with the 63x remote, Can the 63x remote work with the 69x? .How do I determine if its fake, thnx,

@curiousman,
It's a bit early to start seeing fake 4669x in the market but knowing what our brothers can do, one cannot toatallyn rule it out. However, I will advice you to always buy your decoders from trusted sources like MYTV dealers. That way you will know your buying the real thing.

The 63x remote is a bit different from that of 69x but if you know where to press, the difference is not much. I currently use my 63x remote to operate my 69x and it works perfectly.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
hello my pple can star tv do multi room?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
@mickyhans
I want to inspire you that it is possible to get nilesat in Ghana. why? One member in Sunyani in Brong Ahafo tracked it but with weak signal, in the process of doing it, he called me for the strongest TP, which, I could only refer to what others in the house had (and for all u know the strongest TP from our brothers in Naija can be diferent from that of which you would use in Ghana). I was once at the strong office in Cantonments, the guys there said they get it but not stable - the signal gets stronger / weak at certain times of the day.

Try it again. check and try again - I strongly believe you[b] can[/b] get it, your location is an advantage too. by the way what receiver are you doing the tracking with?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
sholasong:

hello my pple can star tv do multi room?

@sholasong
how do you mean?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2010
@freshp
i mean the new star tv box that newly came to the market i want to make it show in my living room and bedrooms.i wa able to do same 4 my strong decoder but i don't know how to go about this star box
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
@ ALL & STRONG DECODERS BUYERS.

Sequel to what i posted the other time, on how to determine FAKE STRONG DECODERS, i should have posted everything you ought to know before u make purchase.

Majority of these FAKE DECODER IMPORTERS have access to this thread and they monitor all our posts also, to know "if the cat is let out of the bag" by some of us who know the original decoders.

Am not keeping it to myself, if i post it they might see it and change tacties. I mean they might tell the manufacturer in China to bulid excertly what i decribed cos they know well that, u people will be looking for what i describe on this thread.

You may call me if u want to know. (You must be a registerd member of this thread)
[b]08027867202, 01 9520261
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2010
sholasong:

@freshp
i mean the new star tv box that newly came to the market i want to make it show in my living room and bedrooms.i wa able to do same 4 my strong decoder but i don't know how to go about this star box

@ sholasong

can you post a picture of the box (rear view),this way i will know what to do next, in addition i think the other gurus will be of great help when they see this picture.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2010
thanx i will post the picture 2morow
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mjay(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
sholasong:

@freshp

Yea it should be able to do several tvs, its got the AV connector (the main connector) the RF connector (can be used for several tv using rf multi connector and it also has the Scart connector for digital tvs, without doubt it can do several tvs- though u may only watch one channel at a time, except by other means that i dont know yet (cos they are going to marry the cards wif the receivers, soo things like smart- wi (card sharing facilities) may not work wif it, but who knows? Never say never.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mjay(m): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
Am actually watching the popular etv on it ( the star tv) right now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2010
@all and Geoge_D

Pls help me check this and is it possible to have the decoder in nigeria and there service here? http://www.viasat.se/vod
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
@segunfms,
That website is in German!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2010
jayron:

@ ALL & STRONG DECODERS BUYERS.

Sequel to what i posted the other time, on how to determine FAKE STRONG DECODERS, i should have posted everything you ought to know before u make purchase.

Majority of these FAKE DECODER IMPORTERS have access to this thread and they monitor all our posts also, to know "if the cat is let out of the bag" by some of us who know the original decoders.

Am not keeping it to myself, if i post it they might see it and change tacties. I mean they might tell the manufacturer in China to bulid excertly what i decribed cos they know well that, u people will be looking for what i describe on this thread.

You may call me if u want to know. (You must be a registerd member of this thread)
[b]08027867202, 01 9520261

@ Jayron,

There is nothing like Fake receivers, what we have are called 'clones', sometimes the so-called 'clones' fair better than the real one with the patents rights of manufacturing.

Maybe in time to come, i will write more regarding this topic.

Shalom!!!!!!

La Paix!!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2010
@enitan

For the sake of trademark, if you are not autorised to produce something and you produce it using the same brand name, I think it is fake. I don't think clone PCs have the same name as the brand one. I could be wrong though
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by kakofo(m): 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
@ salamder
Hi sir, its being a long time since i came to your place. the last time i came your were not around. I just tracked hispasat and i got some educational chanels where they only teach. i think its an ethiopian educational somethin. Anyway can i track eutelsat with 1.8m dish?
Hoping to hear from you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 4:26am On Apr 23, 2010
Quote from: sholasong on Yesterday at 03:58:34 PM
@freshp

Yea it should be able to do several tvs, its got the AV connector (the main connector) the RF connector (can be used for several tv using rf multi connector and it also has the Scart connector for digital tvs, without doubt it can do several tvs- though u may only watch one channel at a time, except by other means that i dont know yet (cos they are going to marry the cards wif the receivers, soo things like smart- wi (card sharing facilities) may not work wif it, but who knows? Never say never.
Am actually watching the popular etv on it ( the star tv) right now

@mjay:
What’s the satellite, tp/sr and the dish size you used with this wonderbox?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 4:29am On Apr 23, 2010
@lovala i believe u're not new here soo pls do d right thing at the right thread.Thanks

@akaTonero:
stand corrected.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 4:49am On Apr 23, 2010
Isomadtech,
thanks.my programme is going very fine.I will call you at the weekend.we need to meet in Abeokuta when I visit in july/august.

all,
i was at voxafrica studios in southwest london on wednesday evening.they are planning a new english channel for nigeria and other anglophone countries.they will be on sky platform all over europe fta and hitv all over africa.they are also on sirius 4 fta.the launch is for may 10 in london.they are also planning a lot for nigeria's independence.i am likely to lead their team to major nigerian cities for recording between july and september.details coming soon.your suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 23, 2010
@ tox, is that the good news you've been proclaiming for some days to share with us? At the stage nigerians are now regarding satellite transmission we are far ahead for someone to promise us some mouth watering channels, where are the likes of free2view that promised to launch 40 channels since april 2008, crtv since march, multitv since last year? No one ever heard about startv promise, all we just saw was action. Action is better than just making unneccesary noise in the media. I guess the climax of the vox news you broke is because you are still being considered to take up a lucrative appointment with them. Thats just my two cents observation ooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 8:37am On Apr 23, 2010
@tox

Good news tox and well done. Since it is about Nigeria and other Anglophone countries I believe they may extend their filming to Ghana. So do not forget us when they are about to come to Accra. That is also my two cents observation oo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.