Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,229 members, 7,846,066 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249897 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
iykemann:

Sun sat
use this tp, it will give you k24,kbc,two ntv that have different programmes,tbc1 where I wacth champions legue last night.11716V3141
thanks my man for the frequency you drop here,pls do you know about the new AIT freq and sr for the c-band
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2010
@BUTONEDAY,
@Dejsam,
@All,

My nilesat dish got struck once again by lightning a few days back! I can't believe this is
happening all over again-like it did last year and especially after all the troubles I went
through installing that lightning arrestor! Na wao! shocked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 11:44am On Apr 30, 2010
George D
Sorry about the repeated strike. You see life has a way of getting at us. We won't give up though. We just stay with the programme .
Stay loose my man.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Georgy how far?them no wan leave you alone,sorry at least that your beast for yunder go replace the pains,congrats on the landing,hope to jolly with you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
@Dejsam,
@All,

My nilesat dish got struck once again by lightning a few days back! I can't believe this is
happening all over again-like it did last year and especially after all the troubles I went
oga george sorry 4 ur nilesat problem.May b u shd double d ligtening arrestor
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ george_d
well i hope that God gives you the strength to recoup and move on.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
@Dejsam,
@All,

Sorry oooo. I am beginning to think that it was the DTH Operators sending the thunder to your end. You may wish to make sacrifice to the God of Thunder too
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jesude: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
Oga George,

sorry for the thunder wahala on your Nilesat, God will replenish ur pocket to renew it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jesus3: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2010
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
@Dejsam,
@All,

I sympathize with u.
Let me ask what u meant by struck. Last year my 1.8 metre dish stopped work after heavy rain&the signal dropped,yet the dish was still firm without any loose end. Now is this what happend to urs or ur own came down or what? Need to know honestly.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2010
Oga george_d, i am sorry about the thunder stuff that struck your nile sat,but first find out bout the place you site the installation of your nilesat but putting another thunder arrestor because i heard thunder has its way,or you can trying changing to another space where thunder dont pass.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
Oga George. Sorry o. May God replace it wit a better one. Is there any tall tree or building around? You can install where the building/tree is to the north south.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
iykeman, tanx 4d cals like i told u, b4 u can b enlisted in d g group u ned 2 mak more input. do d best u can and c wat happens.@Oga Badaru has new deal arrived?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 6:59am On May 01, 2010
olason:

iykeman, tanx 4d cals like i told u, b4 u can b enlisted in d g group u ned 2 mak more input. do d best u can and c wat happens.@Oga Badaru has new deal arrived?
@olason bros thanks alot I'll do just that
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 7:05am On May 01, 2010
@Oga George d,sorry'ooo for the thunder,one last year and another this year,maybe the gods of fta want you to move to next level
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2010
@all where kan 1 get their card i mean star tv pple cos Trace tv and sentanta africa has bin encypted.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sambass(m): 10:25am On May 01, 2010
Anybody using badr4 satellite should teach me how to track the satellite with strong 2.4m dish and fuji lnbf.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 10:57am On May 01, 2010
@ george D
sorry bros for the striking of your dish by thunder, God will enrich you to replace it soon
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 10:58am On May 01, 2010
@ ibaku
thanks for the letter on timimg with lnbf, i really gained from it thanks alot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 10:59am On May 01, 2010
@All     w2A has been  conax encrypted
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2010
@ george D, please how far for a workable t.p for NTA , my uncle will not let me rest anyway
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 11:05am On May 01, 2010
@ captainuis
sorry if my question looks silly, i thougth they are c band, can it be encripted? and pls when did this happened ?cos i was planning to use the monday break to search for it, any way, thanks for the info i would have wasted my time today if not for nepa
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 11:22am On May 01, 2010
@osef  i found out this morning.far from that .your question is not silly.every tp( c or ku band) can be encrypted  by the provider if or when they so wish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ekonibaje(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2010
George d ,hw u dey, ope things are gettg when, wat is on board nw///
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2010
@sayso, eduzo, twinstaiye, freshp, Ameboperoo,
@IRAPADA, iykemann, Sun-sat, osef, Jesu de, et al,

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's really amazing after going the extra length I went last year only to discover that my confidence was mis-placed. It took only a little flash from above to undo all I thought I had achieved!  shocked

Not to worry though, I have just as quickly swung into action and my Nilesat is back and kicking. It is just the LNBF that was impacted this time around although my COMSTAR DISEQC 1.2 positioner was also hit. I'll need to take it to the repairer to check it out. maybe they can fix it but if not I'll just have to replace it.

Like IRAPADA said, maybe just having one spike at the centre of the house is not enough. i may have to include one at both ends to be more effective.

Also Sun-sat's comments made some sense. It could be that the location of the dish is what is contributing to this thunder wahala as the dish is installed directly under a NEPA power line. Will post pictures soon.

Thank you all for your concern.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:01pm On May 01, 2010
jesus.:

I sympathize with u.
Let me ask what u meant by struck. Last year my 1.8 metre dish stopped work after heavy rain&the signal dropped,yet the dish was still firm without any loose end. Now is this what happend to urs or your own came down or what? Need to know honestly.

By 'struck' I meant the LNBF got hit by a bolt of lightning which destroyed its signal receptive abilities. It happens all the time especially in thunder-prone areas. What I have done is to change out the lnbf and the dish is back to business.

In contrast, your own experience is merely a shift in dish alignment most probably caused by the heavy wind/rain. Both are not the same.

SPECIAL NOTE:
For owners of STRONG decoders, one sure way of knowing your LNBF is dead is to enter the decoder menu and go to manual scan. Select any TP of any bird your very sure is active and if you see the signal bars red and jumping uncontrollably, check the f-connectors on the decoder and the one on the lnb and make sure they're well connected and tight. Also the RG6 cable to make there there is no cut or break anywhere. If the signal bars are still red and dancing ajasco, then be sure your lnb is gone! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ekonibaje(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2010
hi ,George am so sorry for the lightg dat affects ur cabling, get over it man,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:23pm On May 01, 2010
@ekonibaje,
Thanks. The LNBF has since been replaced and my Nilesat is back and running ever stronger.

I may need to redouble my lightning protection from the look of things.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 4:14pm On May 01, 2010
@Captainus
please check ur gmail.

@George_D
I sympathise,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 4:24pm On May 01, 2010
Awww mr George, i have just seen ur post, sorry bout your fta mishap, thank goodness its just the lnb and positioner.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 4:28pm On May 01, 2010
osef:

@ ibaku
thanks for the letter on timimg with lnbf, i really gained from it thanks alot
@ osef, ok i guess dats why we are all here. U are welcome.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 5:12pm On May 01, 2010
Hopitinto:

@all where kan 1 get their card i mean star tv pple cos Trace tv and sentanta africa has bin encypted.
Na wow o . Start today, encypt tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.