Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249801 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kiprop: 7:47am On May 28, 2010
@ blexxonmak. This is the pic of the connection of nss7 (top) and atb3 (down). I just use a simple wire.

I'll send pic of all three later on.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:13am On May 28, 2010
pitodenz:

Anybody that ve 2.4m in south south should better think of badr while 3m and above should work with nilesat.

@pitodenz,
It's that time of the Year once again when hooking up to badr becomes more appealing due to constantly cloudy skies here in the south-south. Looks like I may well take the plunge this time around. wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 9:53am On May 28, 2010
pofolo:

@ bode,
im 10min drive away frm u, p.o.p na june 24, i go holla u wen i return to ibadan.

Wishing u safe trip back to ibadan in advance, just hola u wen u ar back and we'll hook up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:24am On May 28, 2010
@Bode4real

I will make it a must to see u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oliss: 10:42am On May 28, 2010
@rextab, all
i too was very suprised when i checked it and i watched till about 3am but as at thur afternoon when i checked back, it was gone. wat could av caused all dstv stations going suddenly free, i guess an upgrade, error, i don't know, pls enlighten me
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ketigoi: 2:00pm On May 28, 2010
@ Kiprop,
Welcome to Nairaland.As per your set up. i would advice you to go George D way where you combine 2 C- Band and 1 KU band.You can view the set up on page 79.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by justx24(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2010
@George D

Think we should be the closest pal now , checked a few of your setup pictures and i think its very informative. Now am set to start installing my 2.4m mesh dish. maybe it will be nice of you to point me to any page with step by step information on how to , Think i can get the dish on the pole right( will not mind any help thou). Think i need more help in programming the jack and stations. And maybe a complete list of Bird i can get on the Di-electric and the one without , so as to make it easier.

Thank you for your help Bro, Just don't want to be a too know( this will be my first motorized dish).

@All

Any help from the crew will be appreciated , Thank you all for keeping this home warm. And again I need information on the HD or Mpeg4 stations too and what i need to hook on to them with my 2.4m mesh. Nice to be back

justx24
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2010
Pls @all, wat can Microbox do for me and wat is th price.Thanks alot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2010
aka tonero:

Pls @all, wat can Microbox do for me and wat is th price.Thanks alot

Microbox is an outlaw topic here. You won't get any response
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 9:33pm On May 28, 2010
@salamander and all pls send the details and price to my box pls. mbite200@gmail.com Thanks 4 the quick response
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 10:43pm On May 28, 2010
aka tonero:

@salamander and all pls send the details and price to my box pls. mbite200@gmail.com Thanks 4 the quick response

@ aka tonero,
Check your mail box.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 1:05am On May 29, 2010
Quote from: aka tonero on Yesterday at 09:33:33 PM

@ aka tonero,
Check your mail box.
Please, if you have what adewest sent you, just pass it on. I am interested: lovala123@gmail.com or lovala@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 4:29am On May 29, 2010
justx24:

@George D

Think we should be the closest pal now , checked a few of your setup pictures and i think its very informative. Now am set to start installing my 2.4m mesh dish. maybe it will be nice of you to point me to any page with step by step information on how to , Think i can get the dish on the pole right( will not mind any help thou). Think i need more help in programming the jack and stations. And maybe a complete list of Bird i can get on the Di-electric and the one without , so as to make it easier.

Thank you for your help Bro, Just don't want to be a too know( this will be my first motorized dish).

@All

Any help from the crew will be appreciated , Thank you all for keeping this home warm. And again I need information on the HD or Mpeg4 stations too and what i need to hook on to them with my 2.4m mesh. Nice to be back

justx24
for your basic tutorials on motorised dish,read up these childboard links
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392635.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-442760.0.html#msg6024123
as for the mpeg4 boxes,if you really want to continue enjoying fta,you should get yourself an mpeg4 reciever cos in the long run,almost all the fta stations would migrate to mpeg4 broadcast. there a few number of them around notably the strong 4669x,daarsat kaeon &you could also contact olofofo for the wiztech mpeg4 box.
finally,the issue of HD boxes in these part of the world is like hatching your egg before its ripe. supersport HD is the only substantial station broadcasting on hd in africa & they are currently doing that in SA for now.worst still,if you dont have an HD tv,you cant use an HD box on just any other tv.
so before you cough out your money on expensive hd boxes, consider the demerits.meanwhile,the daarsat kaeon box is cheap,&both mpeg4 & HD compliant.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 5:33am On May 29, 2010
@ibaku n lovala, wat adewest sent is jst da price notin else.pls i want to know wat microbox can do for me wc wil now tel me if to buy or not.@GEORGE,PITODENS and all pls help me out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 7:34am On May 29, 2010
@ aka tonero, thanks but why not go 4 the e box instead of m ? @ All, do have a great weekend.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by justx24(m): 11:08am On May 29, 2010
@borderline

Thank for your time and reply, Am on it now, reading i mean. If i have any question after reading i will surely get back to you here.
Thanks , Keep the flag flying.

justx24
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emexi: 1:34pm On May 29, 2010
@adewest .please can you confirm if badr will be easy to track in southeast.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emexi: 1:37pm On May 29, 2010
@adewest    PLEASE CAN YOU CONFIRM IF BADR  CAN BE TRACKED IN THE SOUTHEAST
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 5:23pm On May 29, 2010
@all please update us on any live international friendlies before e world cup. @llis can u pls drop the tp for the angola station u said was close to w7. Was it ku or c band
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 1:22am On May 30, 2010
Twinstaiye,
thanks for the comment.I will reload the info again.

@all,
Brazil  launches its international television network

Brazil Monday launched its international television network in the Mozambican capital of Maputo. TV Brazil International will be broadcast in Portuguese and beamed to 49 countries in Africa, and later to both Latin and North America. The launching of TV Brazil International in Africa shows Brazil’s growing interest in Africa.
"This is a dream come true," said Brazilian President Luiz Lula da Silva Iniacio at the launching ceremony of TV Brazil International on Monday. The television channel will be based in Maputo, Mozambique.

TV Brazil International will re-broadcast the Brazilian national television, TV Brazil — a news network established in 2007 and broadcast in Brazil, — as well as cultural programmes, including Portuguese music in 49 African nations. The network is expected to expand its transmission around the world later, with particular emphasis on the Americas, that is; Latin America, Canada and the United States.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 1:33am On May 30, 2010
Twinstaiye,
thanks for the comment.I will reload the info again.

@all,
Brazil  launches international television network in Africa

Brazil Monday launched its international television network in the Mozambican capital of Maputo. TV Brazil International will be broadcast in Portuguese and beamed to 49 countries in Africa, and later to both Latin and North America. The launching of TV Brazil International in Africa shows Brazil’s growing interest in Africa.
"This is a dream come true," said Brazilian President Luiz Lula da Silva Iniacio at the launching ceremony of TV Brazil International on Monday. The television channel will be based in Maputo, Mozambique.

TV Brazil International will re-broadcast the Brazilian national television, TV Brazil — a news network established in 2007 and broadcast in Brazil, — as well as cultural programmes, including Portuguese music in 49 African nations. The network is expected to expand its transmission around the world later, with particular emphasis on the Americas, that is; Latin America, Canada and the United States.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 1:49am On May 30, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Paps1 link=topic=331817.msg6115032#msg6115032 date=1275150232]
@all please update us on any live international friendlies before e world cup. @llis can u pls drop the tp for the angola station u said was close to w7. Was it ku or c band
llis pls update us as i am really interested too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 1:59am On May 30, 2010
emexi:

@adewest    PLEASE CAN YOU CONFIRM IF BADR  CAN BE TRACKED IN THE SOUTHEAST

Emexi, it think from my last installation in Enugu few months back yielded a good result on badr very well, even i can tell you that the reception of Badr and Nilesat is better off in SS and SE compared to what is receivable in area around Lagos axis.

@ Tox,
Hope things they well with you there ? Wish you well o.

freshp:

llis pls update us as i am really interested too.

Check here if it could be of help
http://liveonsat.com/footy_today.php
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 2:41am On May 30, 2010
adewest,
nice to hear from you.i miss you and kenny.i will be around in august.pls let's see then.

badaru/all,
i have made up my mind to join the HD craze with the almost 3000 premium stations Spiderbox opens on Hotbird.I dont need SKY here in the UK.I just discovered that Multichoice is a part-owner of Nova Greece.I got the info on wikipedia.NovaSport1-7 channels are clones of SuperSports 1-7.Nova is a duplication of Dstv in Europe.I also have all the AlJazeera and Art stations to explore! HD tv here I come ooooooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:15am On May 30, 2010
toxnaija:

adewest,
nice to hear from you.i miss you and kenny.i will be around in august.pls let's see then.

badaru/all,
i have made up my mind to join the HD craze [b]with the almost 3000 premium stations Spiderbox opens on Hotbird.[/b]I dont need SKY here in the UK.I just discovered that Multichoice is a part-owner of Nova Greece.I got the info on wikipedia.NovaSport1-7 channels are clones of SuperSports 1-7.Nova is a duplication of Dstv in Europe.I also have all the AlJazeera and Art stations to explore! HD tv here I come ooooooo.

I guess we all don't now what you refer to (boldened), and no amount of explanation will make it clearer to you. Questions will start flooding in based on this now.

Hope all is kicking well with ya
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emexi: 6:57am On May 30, 2010
@adewest, thanks . would use 2.4m pan to hunt down the bird next week. i have nilesat and the reception is ok.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 9:33am On May 30, 2010
@all any live international warm up match update today
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fta4life: 1:57pm On May 30, 2010
@ Ghana members - excellent opportunity for some great additions!

[s]I have the following full HD receiver for sale ¢220 - cheap! see link: hxxp://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/WorldDVB/DVB-S2_SatHawk_PVR800_WorldDVB_DVBWorld_HD_Satellite_Receiver.htm

Specs summary:

Full HD (dvb-s2)
does have HARDWARE Blindscan (super fast!)
PVR (through USB port)
Ethernet Interface (for cardsharing)
CI slot (common interface for CAMs eg. MATRIX etc)
CA slot (to read various smart cards for valid subscriptions)

item being sold below LANDED cost - LOSS  cry. Just hope i pass them on to a fellow enthusiast - call before I change my mind! grin[/s] item gone
028-704-1774
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 7:07pm On May 30, 2010
all,
it seems al jazeera sports +5 would transmit Nigeria-Colombia from MK Dons,Milton Keynes,UK at 7.30pm.I am on the watchout online.you can catch it online on the colombian station via www.rojadirecta.com

enitan,
i no understand your post.so u don dey enjoy the eagle too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 7:52pm On May 30, 2010
all,
the match is on aljazeera +5 and the website i dropped.Nigeria 0 -Colombia 1. empty stadium!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 30, 2010
@all ait on c band has joined d match @ exactly 44' 1st half
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 2:01am On May 31, 2010
@All. Pls does anyone know the new satellite and frequency where Living Faith broadcast their live service? Any idea will be appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.