Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,971 members, 7,866,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250926 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:57am On May 25, 2010
@ olatufu,
It was so 9ce meeting you yesterday, even though the agreement we had yesterday developed issues at the last minute,you're still well appreciated. Where i have been since last nite, av nt been opportund to make or receive calls, i saw yur misd cals and texts, understand me, i'm getting to u via internet now, wnt be able to call till 10am this morning. Adeexy's number is 08098891013.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:03am On May 25, 2010
what a coincidence, understand me o, my veto power failed me yesterday. If u need my assistance in achieving ur dreams, feel free to let me know.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:40am On May 25, 2010
tufu, i dnt hav no credits on my phone to text.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2010
@all. Rescan your decoder. KTN on EW7. Freq. 11734V sr 8751
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2010
@bode4real
What is your signal quality of w4/7 on your 53x. If it is not high enough, that could affect reception on 69x. They do not boost sgnal the same way. Ensure your signal on 53x is 97%, then connect your cable to the 69x i believe the signal will come up green
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2010
@Ilish. 8X1 or 16X1 diseqC 1.1 switch is what you need. These are readily available in Nigeria. But why don't you go for 3 lnbs on one dish motorised set up. This will save you a lot of hassles,except if you wish to turn your place into a dish farm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 8:30am On May 25, 2010
@all 69x users,

I have at last got hold of Strong 4669x but I must say I am not very confortable working with it to track birds especially looking at those two bars (signal Strength and Signal Level). Which one is a better guide towards catching a bird??

On my old decoder I just work with Signal Level and it's so easy to track that I have to use it to locate birds and connect back to the 4669x. What's the tip on working with these two (Signal Strength and Level)?

I have also noticed that I can get a max signal level on my Fortec receiver but when I put 4669x I have to do slight adjustments to hit green. Why should there be different results on the same dish position and setup??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 8:39am On May 25, 2010
Jayron,
thanks for ur call yesterday nite, i rea;ly appreciate it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2010
@, jayron, Spaceman, Sammu,
My 4669x still fails to get signal following al d input from u guys.
the signal strenght with 53x is 97% but red on 69X. But to my surprise
wen i loop out from 53x to 69x here comes the signal.
i mean dat i connect the w4 cable to 4653x and loop it out to 4669x and there is signal.
the funiest thing is dat this only happens IF 53x is ON. if its off or on standby no signal.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 8:52am On May 25, 2010
All gurus,
This my 69x works perfectly with other birds signal hitin green, (connecting other dish to the decoder NOT the same w4 dish)
my tought is dat can it be dat my decoder can not power the LNB? will try and change the LNB with one on another dish or wot else do the gurus think
?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:46am On May 25, 2010
Ilish:

FTA Fellas, To You all

Thanks for your variable advice.I am now able to pick both Sirius and W3A on one satellite using 1Lnb.The problem is that I cant get 12728 H 30000.I can recieve STv1 and one Mpeg4 frequency where SABC1 is.Thanks GEORGE D.

Guys I wish you could recieve Intelsat 7.You could have been enjoying SABC1,2,3.These South African channels are so good such that it is difficult to subscribe to DSTV.Enjoy the SABC1 on Sirius whle you can.

I am now connected to 6 Satellites namely, NSS7 Cband, Intlesat 7/10, Sirius/W3A, NSS 12 AND eUTELSAT W2A KU.The problem is that my Diseque Switch can only accomodate 4 satellites at a time.How can I add another one or two more?GEORGE D this is where I need your valuable advice, you are an expat my bro if no one has told you.

Advice
Ilish-----ZAMBIA

@Ilish,
Your diseqc question has been answered way back in season 2 of this thread. But all the same, I'll reproduce the graphics here. I believe pictures speak louder than words:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:48am On May 25, 2010
You can connect up to 12 LNBs, no problem.

By the way all this was courtesy of Nash-FTA in season 2:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.1792.html#msg3288863

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 12:37pm On May 25, 2010
Brazil launches international TV station for Africa

Brazil has launched an international television station based in Mozambique's capital, Maputo, to broadcast to African nations.
President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said the aim of the Portuguese-language channel was to represent Brazil to to the world.
The channel shows Brazil's growing interest in Africa, correspondents say.
It will also soon also be available in Latin America, Canada, Europe and the US, according to officials.
Speaking at the launch of TV Brasil Internacional at a ceremony in Brasilia, President Lula described it as the realisation of a dream.
"I don't want a TV channel to speak well of Lula," he said. "I want a channel that speaks well of the country, that can show Brazil as it really is."
TV Brasil Internacional will be broadcast from Maputo to 49 African nations.
The main audiences will be in the African nations where Portuguese is spoken: Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, and Sao Tome and Principe.
The programming will come from domestic TV Brasil, with the emphasis on news and culture.
The network will also aim to reach the estimated three million Brazilians who live abroad, officials said.
TV soaps[b][/b]
The launch of TV Brasil Internacional is the latest sign of Brazil's growing interest in Africa as well as its emerging role on the global stage, says BBC Americas editor James Read.
Brazilian mining companies have joined the rush to invest in Africa's natural resources, and its food exporters have found growing markets there.
President Lula himself has been a frequent visitor, promoting diplomatic and economic ties.
Brazilian culture is also popular, from music and football to TV soap operas, while Brazil's own African heritage makes ties closer still, our correspondent says.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 12:37pm On May 25, 2010
George_D:

You can connect up to 12 LNBs, no problem.

By the way all this was courtesy of Nash-FTA in season 2:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.1792.html#msg3288863

George the most problem they have is setting it up in the decoder.how are you my guy?have fun brother.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 12:45pm On May 25, 2010
Enigma,
please drop your mobile number.we need to discuss on the digitv/virgin-sky issue.

all,
voxafrica was turned on by sky yesterday afternoon.they can be viewed all over the uk/europe on channel 218.it is still available all over Africa on sirius 4.i am always on their newscast monday to friday 6pm live,(repeat on sky at 6am,and 8am).you can catch it online-www.voxafrica.com/en (click on the Live icon).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 12:49pm On May 25, 2010
Brazil has launched an international television station based in Mozambique's capital, Maputo, to broadcast to African nations.

President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said the aim of the Portuguese-language channel was to represent Brazil to to the world.

It will also soon also be available in Latin America, Canada, Europe and the US, according to officials.

Speaking at the launch of TV Brasil Internacional at a ceremony in Brasilia, President Lula described it as the realisation of a dream.

"I don't want a TV channel to speak well of Lula," he said. "I want a channel that speaks well of the country, that can show Brazil as it really is."

TV Brasil Internacional will be broadcast from Maputo to 49 African nations.

The main audiences will be in the African nations where Portuguese is spoken: Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, and Sao Tome and Principe.

The programming will come from domestic TV Brasil, with the emphasis on news and culture.

The network will also aim to reach the estimated three million Brazilians who live abroad, officials said.

TV soaps

The launch of TV Brasil Internacional is the latest sign of Brazil's growing interest in Africa as well as its emerging role on the global stage, says BBC Americas editor James Read.

Brazilian mining companies have joined the rush to invest in Africa's natural resources, and its food exporters have found growing markets there.

President Lula himself has been a frequent visitor, promoting diplomatic and economic ties.

Brazilian culture is also popular, from music and football to TV soap operas, while Brazil's own African heritage makes ties closer still, our correspondent says.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:12pm On May 25, 2010
@sayso,
I'm doing great, thanks.

As for the set up of the diseqc, that shouldn't be a big problem. You still have your original 4 port decoder and all the birds irrespective of the number of diseqc switches get assigned to only four ports at the end so the decoder only sees 4 positions.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2010
GEORGE D and blexxonmak

Thanks guys for your valuable advice.The biggest task is to find thw 0/12 switch.I have about 4 Extra DiseqC switches in my home that I have packed as a result of some prts not working.I will go on a hunting spree for the 0/12V switch this week.My plan is to fix 3 more Lnbs on my NSS7 Cband Dish (Am planning Atlantic Bird and Inelsat 10 02).I hope I will be successful but I never fail.

There is a Setellite I nailed just near W4/W7.It has some Angolan Channels.It is just an Inch away from W7.Also I have managed to pick some 198 European Channels just near where w7 is.They are all encrypted but with the help of Crosat,I shall open them on my 4669X+.Channels include Luxe HD,MyZen Tv etc.

Thanks to you all.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 4:02pm On May 25, 2010
Thanks Goerge
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 4:16pm On May 25, 2010
@llish thanks quiet great and i hope u all the best, but can u help me out here. Can u drop the tps for the angolan stations close to w4/w7, and band ku or c and state your location
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 4:19pm On May 25, 2010
Brazil has launched an international television station that will broadcast to African nations.
TV Brasil Internacional, based in Brasilia, will be re-broadcast via Mozambique's capital, Maputo, to 49 African nations.
The main audiences will be in the African nations where Portuguese is spoken: Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, and Sao Tome and Principe.
TV soaps[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2010
@Ilish. The set up is quite simple.You can use the lnb for NSS7 as primary and offset those for ab3 and intel 10-02.Applying the laws of reflection and the principle of reversibility,you should be able to determine the positions of the offset lnbs relative to the primary.Remember,focal points of signals coming from satellites above nss7 should be below the primary lnb and vice versa.Similarly,focal points of signals coming from satellites on the left of nss7 should be on the right of the primary and vice versa. For the vertical displacements use the equation, y=2fsin(ø/2) where x=vertical displacement from the primary lnb,f=focal lenght of your dish and ø=angle of elevation of a given satellite relative to that of the primary. For horizontal displacements,use x=2sin(ß/2) where,x=horizontal displacement from the primary lnb,f=focal lenght of your dish and ß=azimuth of a given satellite relative to that of the primary.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 4:41pm On May 25, 2010
@Candymann. Use the second meter- Signal Quality-as your guide. Different receivers have different signal sensitivities,but one of the properties of a quality receiver,is the ability to maintain a stable signal. It is true that tracking with 69x sometimes could be difficult. However,in terms of signal stability,i dare say 69x is a quality receiver.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2010
@Ilish,
For someone who has been on the sidelines all this while, I think you're doing great.

If the 0/12v switch will be any challenge, maybe you could consider installing a single motorised dish in place of these numerous dishes scattered about. That way you'll only be needing 3 lnbs (with a 3-in-1 setup) and you can use a normal diseqc switch too. In the end you wouldn't be needing that many diseqc switches and you'll still get all your lovely channels in one neat package! wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2010
all
rescan your intelsat905.
2 more nta stations added.
@olofofo
how your side?
thanks for the other day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2010
ilish
save some money for at least a 1.8m motorised dish & save yourself the trouble of littering your house with dishes.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:22pm On May 25, 2010
@enitan
you remember a certain man,DOTUN FROM OSHODI-ISOLO AREA who called you during your camp days? we have been in touch for some months.he wants someone to buy &install a nilesat dish for him.but first,he wants to see a working nilesat setup before he goes ahead.unfortunately,i dont have one yet.so i'm putting it to the likes of
enitan,olofofo,badaru,obijack &all lagos-based NL FTA members to see how you can work things out with him.
dotun's no is
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 6:21am On May 26, 2010
borderline:

all
rescan your intelsat905.
2 more nta stations added.

I think that channel Nta as been on that bird for months now
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 10:37am On May 26, 2010
@George D

I think I am in a similar situation to that of Ilish who could be using numerous dishes in his compound. I am currently using three 1.8 m and one 60 cm dishes on a single disec switch against no less than ten birds (some of which are Intel 10-02, 906, 902, 7/10, w2a KU, w3a, Sirius, NSS7 KU, NSS7 C, AB 3).

While I have little/no problem catching birds, I have no idea of motorising a dish (which would reduce the number of the dishes in my compound). Worse still, there is nowhere in my vicinity where I can go on familiarisation tour on how this is done

Currently what I do is to assign a dish to birds that are close to one another (e.g. w2a, w3a, Sirius, AB3, Inter 10-2) and mark positions on it and manually change dish positions to particular bird of interest at a given time. Sometimes however I am just too lazy to do the manual movements and furthermore this can disturb the dish positions of given birds.

If I can get the 0/12v switch, it will still save me the hastle of manually changing dish positions every now and then unless I learn how to motorise dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2010
You better learn it. Dont you know what you are missing? A 1.8m dish can do the work of all those dishes. It is not difficult at all. Just send one of those 1.8 to me and I will appreciate. Lol!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2010
@Candymann,
Rather than scouting around looking for that elusive 0/12v switch, I'd rather advise you put your head down and learn how to motorise your dish. You can then replace all those dishes with a single 1.8m or better still a 2.4m motorised dish and you'll be surprised how easy it is to watch your favourite channels in a single neat package.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2010
candymann, motorising a dish is as simple as abc. Check the childboard i have thread on it. and am ready to answer your questions 24/7

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.