Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,811 members, 7,862,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250724 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:56pm On May 22, 2010
@all

I don't know if the 4910 is the dream machine we have been looking forward to, there are better machines out there.

1. Opticum
2. SPiderbox
3.Dreambox 8000HD etc

I picked up a 4910 within the week and am still not over the money with it's performance, unlike when i picked up my dreambox 500s. to start with, none of the MPeg 4 packages excites me and the packages i have acess to, have near perfect picture quality as well. right now, i have no HD package i can really test it with, so i guess we will just have to wait to scream eureka when all the TV packages goes HD.

if you have the cash and you want a fully HD decoder( ?) i advice you go for something cheap like the Darbox, you can use the balance to buy yourself a really big dish, because that's the only way that you can really enjoy FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 22, 2010
olofofo:

@all

I don't know if the 4910 is the dream machine we have been looking forward to, there are better machines out there.

1. Opticum
2. SPiderbox
3.Dreambox 8000HD etc

I picked up a 4910 within the week and am still not over the money with it's performance, unlike when i picked up my dreambox 500s. to start with, none of the MPeg 4 packages excites me and the packages i have acess to, have near perfect picture quality as well. right now, i have no HD package i can really test it with, so i guess we will just have to wait to scream eureka when all the TV packages goes HD.

if you have the cash and you want a fully HD decoder( ?) i advice you go for something cheap like the Darbox, you can use the balance to buy yourself a really big dish, because that's the only way that you can really enjoy FTA.

when did u start to work for an NGO or have you started your charity organisation?

You are speaking for the less-priviledged ones among us. I'm not saying 4910 is da best, but over-hyping daarbox is what i'm against.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2010
yemibaloo:

@ all. rescan your decoder at w4/w7 new chanels; E!, canal+,tv5, B4U, TRACE tropical, k24,Brazil,B4U M,RTPi, fr24,. all mpeg 2.

Could you just drop the TPs here please?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 6:15am On May 23, 2010
salamander:

Could you just drop the TPs here please?
Rescan your decorder on ew4/7,the frequency is 11977 H 27500.Cheers!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2010
oilepo:

Rescan your decorder on ew4/7,the frequency is 11977 H 27500.Cheers!

Tnx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2010
@ olofofo, hw can i get a T pole for 2.4m pan.i want 2 knw b4 goin 2 get one at alaba 2mrw.
@ al,wud lik 2 knw if any1 around abule egba or iyana ipaja wants 2 sel 2.4m pan.tnx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 4:29pm On May 23, 2010
@ All, for those interested go africa on w3A has this tp 11.108 H 2959
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2010
@olofofo,
Those were exactly my thoughts on the 4910 thing. Why spend so much on a box which will remain under utilised 95% of the time?

@all,
DSTV may not move out of C band completely afterall-if the tone of their advert is anything to go by. Recently they've been encouraging subscribers to migrate from IS-10 (i.e intelsat 10) to either W4/W7 or IS-7 (intelsat 7). Lets see how it plays out by the end of the month.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adrusa: 6:27pm On May 23, 2010
I overrated my ability recently when I purchased a Cuberevo HD PVR Linux based satellite receiver. I have been unable to configure it to to use my dstv cards in the two card readers that it has. I can use the cards with the cam modules, but that is even buggy.

In summary I will like to use the receiver for FTA and DSTV using the card reader slot. I need some help from anybody with the required experience. Thank you.

My DSTV card is not married because I use it with a STRONG 63xx stb and like I said it sometimes work with the CAM modules in the cuberevo.

HELP WELCOME. THANKS.

Meanwhile, I'm based in Ibadan and I need a MOTORISED 3/3.4 meter fiber dish installed. Quote me a reasonable price.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 23, 2010
olatufu:

@ olofofo, hw can i get a T pole for 2.4m pan.i want 2 knw b4 goin 2 get one at alaba 2mrw.
@ al,wud lik 2 knw if any1 around abule egba or iyana ipaja wants 2 sel 2.4m pan.tnx

I stay at Iyana-Ipaja, If you can come buy my 2.6m fibre dish, i'll be willing to give it away, only if u really want it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 23, 2010
@Captainus,go africa has always been on W3A,there tp just come on & off
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by izi2brauz(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2010
Hi everyone,

Honestly this is my first time of saying something here on Free-To-Air forum. However, am not a novice at Nairaland.

My question is:
I relocated from my old compound to a newly rented apartment, but before now, i used to subscribe HiTV but for now, wanna change my mind to W3 and Astra 2B, so, how do i start tracking my 90cm dish for W3 channels? Pls help me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:33pm On May 23, 2010
adrusa:

I overrated my ability recently when I purchased a Cuberevo HD PVR Linux based satellite receiver. I have been unable to configure it to to use my dstv cards in the two card readers that it has. I can use the cards with the cam modules, but that is even buggy.

In summary I will like to use the receiver for FTA and DSTV using the card reader slot. I need some help from anybody with the required experience. Thank you.

My DSTV card is not married because I use it with a STRONG 63xx stb and like I said it sometimes work with the CAM modules in the cuberevo.

HELP WELCOME. THANKS.

Meanwhile, I'm based in Ibadan and I need a MOTORISED 3/3.4 meter fiber dish installed. Quote me a reasonable price.

holla at me 08033401080, been needing a good reason to come to Ibadan.
George_D:

@olofofo,
Those were exactly my thoughts on the 4910 thing. Why spend so much on a box which will remain under utilised 95% of the time?

the ad say excluding south africa, i wonder if we will still be able to nail it with a BUD.

olatufu:

you might try all these guys wey de sell 2nd hand iro materials.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 10:26pm On May 23, 2010
@kinmen2004
kinmen2004:

@Captainus,go africa has always been on W3A,there tp just come on & off
yes i know but have a close look at the sr i posted and compare it to 3800
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 23, 2010
olofofo:

holla at me 08033401080, been needing a good reason to come to Ibadan.
the ad say excluding south africa, i wonder if we will still be able to nail it with a BUD.
you might try all these guys wey de sell 2nd hand iro materials.

hmm, i know what you are saying ooooooo, may the deities of FTA see you through.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 7:49am On May 24, 2010
@ all,
Pls i need help on my srt 4669x, this decoder fails to receive eutesalt w4/w7 signal
but receives pas 7/10, w3a, astra2b signals. the funiest is that the same w4/w7 cable gives signal on srt4653
all this happens yesterday night.
pls someone help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 11:03am On May 24, 2010
@all
srt 4910 for 45k
srt 4900 for 42k.
You can call me if you are interested on 08054589716
Do have a lovely day
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 12:04pm On May 24, 2010
@bode4real
Delete all frequencies and Connect your cable, then blindscan
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2010
@SAMMU
thanks i've done that, i even reset to factory set but no show.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 12:57pm On May 24, 2010
Sammu, check the dish settings on your decoder menu. Make sure your lnb power is on, use the appropriate diseqc port no, lnb type 2 universal 2, then save. Enter your frequencies and let's here the outcome.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 1:26pm On May 24, 2010
@ Ameboproo,
d prob not from sammu, its from me.
this decoder is working fine until yesterday nite, wen w4/w7 signal turns RED, pas 7/10, w3a, astab turns green on the same decoder,but not w4.
the same w4/w7 dish and cable turns green on 4653 but REd on 4669. no diseqc its a straight cable.
pls if u dey messenger can we chart
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2010
@SAMMU
You dont need to worry urself on that. This happened to me weeks back and it made me to dismantle a whole 65cm dish.

This problem is common to 4663x, what u need to do is simple
1. Go to installation
2. Select W6
3. Input ur frequencies and symbol rate
4. Press o.k

OTHER WAY ROUND

u can at thesame time scroll through all other sat names, then pick one with full strenght ( the the topmost bar) not signal quality. You can key in your tps.

Try that and let me know.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 2:25pm On May 24, 2010
I'm not on messenger. Just ask your question here. Other can help and other will learn.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2010
@bode4real

from your explanation, it seems you are using a diseqc swihch.

1- Go and check the rf connectors along the line from your decoder to lnb
2- If you are sure the dish has not shifted, then you check the polarization of the tracking  frequency.
3- I will advice you detach from other connection( if u are using a diseqc switch) and track for W7 afresh with the 4653X to a higher % before connecting to 69x.
4- make sure the port designation on your switch are done correctly on decoder and in connection
Good luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2010
@ Sammu, Jayron,spaceman, ameboperoo,
thanks a bunch, i'm office now, will put all ur points together wen i get home.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 3:07pm On May 24, 2010
@ Bode4real

Thanks for the call, i beleive my zain no had been re edited to 11 GSM digit 080278, not 080272.

I bet u, follow the steps and there u would be.

Jayron comms.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2010
FTA Fellas, To You all

Thanks for your variable advice.I am now able to pick both Sirius and W3A on one satellite using 1Lnb.The problem is that I cant get 12728 H 30000.I can recieve STv1 and one Mpeg4 frequency where SABC1 is.Thanks GEORGE D.

Guys I wish you could recieve Intelsat 7.You could have been enjoying SABC1,2,3.These South African channels are so good such that it is difficult to subscribe to DSTV.Enjoy the SABC1 on Sirius whle you can.

I am now connected to 6 Satellites namely, NSS7 Cband, Intlesat 7/10, Sirius/W3A, NSS 12 AND eUTELSAT W2A KU.The problem is that my Diseque Switch can only accomodate 4 satellites at a time.How can I add another one or two more?GEORGE D this is where I need your valuable advice, you are an expat my bro if no one has told you.

Advice
Ilish-----ZAMBIA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2010
@Ilish
congrats,that is d spirit.to expand to more than 4 dishes u will need a diseqc 1.1 switch.this switch has more than 4 ports.i hv nt used it b4,i hope am right.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2010
bode4real:

@ Sammu, Jayron,spaceman, ameboperoo,
thanks a bunch, i'm office now, will put all your points together wen i get home.

I've tried all info i got here but to no avail, still no w4 signal on my 4669
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 5:30am On May 25, 2010
bode4real:

I've tried all info i got here but to no avail, still no w4 signal on my 4669
if u tried all wat was advised correctly then i think the problem iz wit the Tuner,its partialy burnt thats why the w4 freq cant hit green.this usualy occures wen there r loose connections or frequent contact btwn the + & - wire.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 5:51am On May 25, 2010
@ enitan, u don bomb me.chai.
@ olofofo, hope u got my msg? pls help me
@ adeexy, nid ur numba
@ al, i nid 2.6m fibre b4 i start spendin d money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.