Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249411 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2010
@freshp
The TP 3.931V/5.799, I dont know of it on Int 905. But seeing the low signal quality of 11%, I suspect the CNN tp on NSS7C 22W, close to Int 905. Same frequency, but SR different. It could be a "side band" effect, but Im sure the Gurus of the House would give us better idea of what it is.
Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
@microgiant,
Bros check ur lnb connection on the thread, Is not properly fixed and as such ur signal is not stable grin
Now business!
How far with the motorised issue?
I made a post with picture on that thread sometym ago, but only to see that it was no longer there after somtym.
Anyway, Im optimistic i will be able to adjust my settings to catch the far eastern and western birds, instead of only S4 and W3A. Tym no de my brother!

@George-D
Tym to pay homage. How u de?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by TOWNJUJU: 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2010
@microgiant, yeah dis number is free just flash me i'll call u. Tanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
all star dtv users,
is it true voxafrica is part of the package? a friend said he saw me on vox news via star cable.6pm,6am,8am
i got info that steve ojo,owner of galaxy tv is the brain behind the cable station.i pray he succeeds where discomm failed.

enigma,
pls check your mailbox.get in touch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by rawunkat1: 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ALL

I NEED HELP URGENTLY

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO NAIL sabc1,2,3

IM IN TEMA, GHANA

PLS I NEED ALL THE INFO I CAN GET.

IM PLANNING TO GET 2.4M DISH, WILL THAT HELP?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 1:20am On Jun 03, 2010
@All: hey everybody, its been a while since my last useful contribution though i still dey try read summary of wetin dey go on for here every now and than. Its like 1am and i just descended from the roof where i went to refresh the small FTA tracking wey i learn from here. I actually hoped to hit W3A with a 40 cm tonguesmiley) but even the gods of FTA wey dey reward hardwork and persistence no dey do partial. That is to say if ur dish no big reach no bother cheesy E for sweet me well well if i get am o. Finally went to W4/7 and settled for the CCTV news and NTV which seems to be interesting. I was unable to get the Nolly channels and SABC that are supposed to be on Sirus4, shey dem don close abi wetin?

keep the FTA flag flying
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 4:29am On Jun 03, 2010

@Olofofo, please could you advise me about the dream box 500 that i saw here in the market, it looks like yours, doen't it?

what do you need to know? where did you see mine?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 6:13am On Jun 03, 2010
@jaki006
predictably,questions on how to track w3a were going to be pouring from you but you need to understand not too many people here would fancy replying those query as w3a has been extensively treated throughout this thread.read the ew3a thread & would find better joy there.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419502.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 6:37am On Jun 03, 2010
@All.gurus help me with this one.I've tried tracking sabc 1,2,3 on intelsat 7/10 for the last eight months but to no avail.At some point,i wanted to get professional help but i really would rather do it myself.What confuses me the most is on the sabc frequency,11674,26657 when i change fec to vertical im able to get some my tv channels @98% but cant get sabc.also i'm havin trouble getting dstv channels becoz i simply can't get a high signal but the other church channels are @ 98%,same with botswana tv, the signal keeps dropping through the day until it starts crackling,only get to watch it upto 18:00.plz help.Long live fta!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2010
raw-unkat:

@ALL

I NEED HELP URGENTLY

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO NAIL sabc1,2,3

IM IN TEMA, GHANA

PLS I NEED ALL THE INFO I CAN GET.

IM PLANNING TO GET 2.4M DISH, WILL THAT HELP?

Yes, 2.4m dish either mesh or otherwise could to. Just make your equipment ready and I'm sure members from GH on this forum will be willing to assist you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 7:47am On Jun 03, 2010
spaceman:

@microgiant,
Bros check your lnb connection on the thread, Is not properly fixed and as such your signal is not stable grin
don't really understand  

zambeat:

@All.gurus help me with this one.I've tried tracking sabc 1,2,3 on intelsat 7/10 for the last eight months but to no avail.At some point,i wanted to get professional help but i really would rather do it myself.What confuses me the most is on the sabc frequency,11674,26657 when i change fec to vertical im able to get some my tv channels @98% but cant get sabc.also i'm havin trouble getting dstv channels becoz i simply can't get a high signal but the other church channels are @ 98%,same with botswana tv, the signal keeps dropping through the day until it starts crackling,only get to watch it upto 18:00.plz help.Long live fta!!!
Try changing the polarity, this works sometimes. after hitting the bird, change to the SABC frequency and continue skewing your lnb in small increments, also change the polarity from V to H or vice versa.

@TOWNJUJU

I don't have much free time, that was why I wanted to know what you have on ground, i.e dish-90cm, if pole or roof mount it should be fixed already, remember the pole should be vertically straight possibly get a plumb or plumber to assist you to make sure it's straight up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2010
freshp:

@ George
i am fine.i just need to ask u if u hv come across this TP(3931 v 6789) on INTEL 905 @ 24.5 deg w its popping green @11%.i did evrything to improve d quality.but no show.i wil post d pix later (phone browsing no allow me 4 now)

Ok i later got to use a PC and here is the pix, i had to use another sat b'cos '69x has no intel 905 amongst is satellite.

@freshp,
There is no NTA station on Intesat 905 presently. What your having could just be a feed or perhaps they're now trying to migrate to that bird.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2010
@ George D
@ Microgiant

Guys I need a link to download 9x patches. Abi na taboo?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2010
@microgiant.will try to do just that.viva fta!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2010
@Hotwire,
Its no taboo to post links on genuine patches here but what do you want to patch your 69x for?
If its not giving you any trouble of sorts I'd advise you leave it as it is. Don't try and fix something
that doesn't need mending!

@spaceman,
Homage accepted. It's been a while. You don return from your travel? smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chuk101(m): 9:07am On Jun 03, 2010
@oga george D good day, actually there are two or say 3 nta channels on that bird,it might be a feed but it has been steady, i do not have the frequency right now, but in order to get those channels , you can google it up by geting the freq of ortm malior rtb burkina faso, once u do that , simply blind scan and the nta would pop up.
have a nice day
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chuk101(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2010
Good morning george D, Sabc 123 are still off any hope of coming back
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:37am On Jun 03, 2010
zambeat:

@microgiant.will try to do just that.viva fta!!!!
zambeat:

with botswana tv, the signal keeps dropping through the day until it starts crackling,only get to watch it upto 18:00.plz help.Long live fta!!!
you can use this signal, try skewing the lnb till you get the highest signal. note: the signal for the church channels may reduce
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2010
@ George D
Thanks, my 9x has no problem. I thought patches will allow me view more channel. My firmware is 1.05. Pls advise
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 11:03am On Jun 03, 2010
zambeat:

wat size of dish are u using?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:31am On Jun 03, 2010
chuk101:

Good morning george D, Sabc 123 are still off any hope of coming back

@chuk,
Maybe it will be back after the FIFA fever is over! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2010
Hotwire:

@ George D
Thanks, my 9x has no problem. I thought patches will allow me view more channel. My firmware is 1.05. Pls advise

@Hotwire,
If your 69x is not having issues then I'll advise you leave it alone. Patching it will not increase the number of channels
you can watch for free at present.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2010
@George D

I tried your 0807xxxxx84 line now but it has been switched off. OK no patches for me Guru. But I am hungry for more channels. Give me access to Background Annoucements.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sylve11: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
Well done, George D, Adewest and the rest of the gurus in the house. una just too much kiss kiss cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Hotwire
like the old saying goes
'If it aint broke dont try to fix it' grin
A word is,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2010
@rextab.I'm using a 90cm dish.
@microgiant,will try during the weekend,thank you all.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jaki006: 11:23am On Jun 04, 2010
MBC 3 frequencies on w3a please i know there is a thread just pls give me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sylve11: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Jaki006

the frequency for MBC 3: 11192 V, 27500 cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jaki006: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
@style thanks am hoping to nail w3a with 60cm dish today
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emexi: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2010

@Jaki006

the frequency for MBC 3: 11192 V, 27500 Cool
[quote][/quote]

@jak1006 i think your,e wrong about the frequency of mbc are you trying to mislead your friend? the correct thing is 11192v -3210
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by figment232(m): 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
@all
plz i just noticed sumtin on dstv nigerian bouqet. channels and ait including stv went off since yesternite.Can anybody tell us wot the problem is?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Jaki006: can you pls lemme know wat signal strength you get wen you're done. I swtill wan get dat w3a wit my spare 40cm. Serious o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.