Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250111 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
HOTWIRE

Hi my bro.I heard you talk about upgrading a SRT 4669X Dvb.Please dont attempt that path, you might never return.When you upgrade to a higher version,possibilities of returning to a lower version is IMPOSSIBLE? DONT think about it my bro, Unless you want to buy a SRT 4100 as an option when you damage 4669x.

I am talking from experience,DONT attempt that which you areplanning.

@ALLLL FTA GURUS
Lets not venture into unnecessary upgrades for fun.I am a living Example.I lost my 4669X a month ago, though I have repleced it with a new one.Dont do it.

Viva na my FTA brodas
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ilish:

HOTWIRE

Hi my bro.I heard you talk about upgrading a SRT 4669X Dvb.Please dont attempt that path, you might never return.When you upgrade to a higher version,possibilities of returning to a lower version is IMPOSSIBLE? DONT think about it my bro, Unless you want to buy a SRT 4100 as an option when you damage 4669x.

I am talking from experience,DONT attempt that which you areplanning.

@ALLLL FTA GURUS
Lets not venture into unnecessary upgrades for fun.I am a living Example.I lost my 4669X a month ago, though I have repleced it with a new one.Dont do it.

Viva na my FTA brodas

how can you lose something that's fixable? too much cash to play with hun?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2010
@llish
thank u,PLS TELL THEM,TELL THEM!!! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2010
@jaki
since u know a dedicated thread exists where you can get all the info you need on mbc,why dont you just do the right thing,take a click to that thread &avoid the distress of tracking with a tp you aren't sure of.honestly,it would do you no harm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by babasarg: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2010
statallite issues
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2010
babasarg:

statallite issues
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2010
Hotwire:

@George D

I tried your 0807xxxxx84 line now but it has been switched off. OK no patches for me Guru. But I am hungry for more channels. Give me access to Background Annoucements.

@Hotwire,
Sorry that line is down at the moment.

Access to the backyard can only be granted by olofofo. You can do him a mail to that effect.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2010
figment232:

@all
plz i just noticed sumtin on dstv nigerian bouqet. channels and ait including stv went off since yesternite.Can anybody tell us wot the problem is?

@figment,
AIT was down yesterday due to technical issues but they've since been up and all through last night they were running an appology ticker on their screen explaining the issue.

BTW, they've been having a running battle with their signals for sometime now which made me create this thread on the childboard:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-448117.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by AyotundeAA: 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
pls,what is happenin to Daarsat.
They sold out decoders and they refused to work since last year.

I also observed that my daarsat decoder can't open any other smart card.
if u knw anything and what i can do pls tell me.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Unseen(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
@ AyotundeAA

I will forever be grateful to Daarsat for giving the opportunity to own a full HD-Decorder @ less than 20k.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by AyotundeAA: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2010
Unseen.
Is true,daarsat really tried 4 dat at least.
But u've not ans my quetion.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Ayotunde. I think their smartcards are married to their decoders and as such can only open daarsat bouquet.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Etoo: 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
@all

Good day all for the nice thread. I really need a clarification. I had an SRT 4653X decoder for MYTV reception in my house. I had activated the card before but I have not used it for about 10 months since then

From MYTV africa site, I got this information under the hardware column:

My TV is best viewed using the following hardware:

STRONG SRT 4669X (MPEG-4), SRT 4900 (High Definition)and SRT 4910 (High Definition) Digital Satellite Receiver
90cm dish (in most places) and Universal LNB
Smart Card, duly authorized
Installation to be carried out by an accredited installer, through any authorized dealer

For your reference, the brochures for authorized My TV Digital Satellite Receivers are available as PDF downloads:

STRONG SRT 4669X Download
STRONG SRT 4900 Download
STRONG SRT 4910 Download

*If you already have one of the above Digital Satellite Receiver models, updated with the latest software version release, and are viewing Intelsat 10, you may be able to receive the My TV service by simply inserting an active My TV Smart Card.
Please note that other models or brands do not support My TV. They will switch off after the free viewing period is completed and the Recharge Card process will not work with other receivers.

[color=Black][/color]

Pls does that mean that when i recharge that I might not be able to use the decoder again?

Pls i need ur advice.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Etoo. The answer is yes. You need a receiver (eg 4669x,4900 and 4910) that is MPEG-4, DVB-S/S2 compliant with embedded CONAX CAS7 to view MY TV.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2010
AyotundeAA:

pls,what is happenin to Daarsat.
They sold out decoders and they refused to work since last year.

I also observed that my daarsat decoder can't open any other smart card.
if u knw anything and what i can do pls tell me.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

@Ayotunde,
Read the childboard. You'll find the answer there.

Funny enough the link to your answer was on the post immediately above yours and a simply click would have saved you all these questions:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-448117.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2010
@olofofo and All(having hd receiver) can u pls confirm if the Sabc(1 2 3) on intel902c is now hd or totally encrypted .A friend with mpeg4 said he could only get the audio.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2010
captainus:

@olofofo and All(having hd receiver) can u pls confirm if the Sabc(1 2 3) on intel902c is now hd or totally encrypted .A friend with mpeg4 said he could only get the audio.

encrypted!!! since dstv bought the exclusive right for the whole cup, sabc can not be FTA, atleast for the duration of the world cup/
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
@olofofo thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2010
@all any one with the bird which will air naija match
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ketigoi: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
@ All,
I just blind scanned W3A this morning and a new channel popped up-SOCCER 2010 SA 11184/5710 .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by babasarg: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2010
any info on the latest decorder, as in hd decorder
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jaki006: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
@ bode thanks thanks and thanks, u are too much
@litaninja yes with 60cm dish u can nail mbc but it was breaking
since i sill have 1900 on hitv and it seams like
ortb ntv uganda 2rts will be showing d world cup so i stick wilth w4/w7
@all this is realy great immagine i have beeing on w4 4 a year not knowing of
those ftas thanks to all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bode4real(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2010
@ jaki006,
good to hear dat u finaly nail the bird, its fun to me wen u do things like dis urself.
takia
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2010
ketigoi:

@ All,
I just blind scanned W3A this morning and a new channel popped up-SOCCER 2010 SA 11184/5710 .

New things are happening and more to come! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sylve11: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2010
emexi:

@Jaki006

@jak1006 i think your,e wrong about the frequency of mbc are you trying to mislead your friend? the correct thing is 11192v -3210

didn't mean to mislead him, it's a mistake cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hotwire(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2010
@ Ilish,
Thanks for your advice but have you read the master's response (Olofofo)? My advice is to Upgrade only when necessary and you have the required skills. Your "damaged" 9x can be revived unless thunder had struck it. Abi Olofofo?

@ Olofofo,
Master, I have been referred to you for access to backyard by the Gurus wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jibrill7(m): 11:29am On Jun 07, 2010
@olofofo
Am also refered by salamander to see u sir for backyard stuff
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jibrill7(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Geoge-d & salamander.
How do u determing the H/V of a C band LNB ?
As for KU band LBN when ur cable is at 6 oclock then is at V but if is at 9/3 oclock then is at H.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
@jibrill,
Just like you can determine the h and v of a ku lnb by reference to the f-connector port same thing goes for c band lnbs. The flat part where the f-connector is attached is always used for reference when refering to the position v or h. You can also use it in reference to the hour hand of the clock like you've done, i.e 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock position, etc.

For empasis, check the picture below. Both STRONG C band lnbs at the top and bottom are in 2 o'clock position while the KU lnb at the middle is in 9 o'clock position (or h as you call it).

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2010
george
thanks for your time yesterday.i checked all the parameters as you told me & everything is all good!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ George
Once Again you hit the nail on the head the picture has done a lot for A Lot of us.
Thanks once Again grin

@ llish
Nice one there, wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.