Stats: 3,165,437 members, 7,861,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250661 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
raw-unkat:

@ all FTA lovers esp. fta4life, salamander, and other ghanaian fta gurus,

a friend just gave me a 2.4m pan, what else do i need to get SABC1, 2, and 3 and if possible Etv
and which bird do i track them on?

FYI i live in Tema, Ghana

SABC 1-3 HAVE MOVED TO NAGA 3,SO EVEN IF YOU TRACK THEM,IT IS USELESS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ainanimi: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
I am happy to be part of this forum. May God bless the modrator of this forum. I really learn a lot from this and i will continue to learn
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ blexxmon.
Thanks bro, did as advice, deleted all tp den blindscan from 12500, & now all o.k.
Thanks again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 5:47am On Jun 11, 2010
Candymann:

@Illish
What is your exact dish size for W3A? You just said you are using "maximum 90 cm dish" for the rest of your KU.

As for SABC, I have not noticed any signal change here in Malawi neighbouring Zambia.

Are u sure such is the case or it's just your setup which has to be looked at?? Are your neigbours experiencing this change as well??
@ candyman here in zambia u can get w3a wit a dish as low as 45cm. @ ilish .u are right the signal has bin reduced and the effect is on 60cm dishes & below.u cant notice on a 90cm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 6:15am On Jun 11, 2010
@raw-unkat

I believe you have had your answer
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 7:13am On Jun 11, 2010
@Illish
@Rextab
I only got confirmation SABC signal has been reduced when a friend checked on me if I was able to get the signal indicating so many people are complaining of cracking.

I had forgotten I have just moved my KU LNB to a 1.8m dish alongside Intel 906 C Band LNB hence my experiencing no change. So yes you are right Rextab the change is being experienced on the smaller (60 cm or less) dishesl
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fasone(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2010
[size=14pt]@ George D,
Happy birthday. God who has been with you from your conception will continue to be until the end. And the end! let's say 120 years more from this moment.[/size]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2010
George,happy birth day in arrears,I wish many more years ahead.

@All

There will be an installation of 2.6m motorised dish on saturday at No 30 ondo street oworo by 8am. We need only 4 members for observation,anyone that is interested can give me a call in advance. The satellites to track are: eurobird 25.5ku,Hotbird 13 east and nilesat 7w.They will be other satellites along the line,but above are our major interest.08066061677
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ekonibaje(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2010
Hi
George D,AM SO EXCITED,happy birthday 2 u, long life and prosperity, i dey gbadu you, check all out, no more thunder, as God will make u thunder arrestor, thks 4 all ur powerful effort making dis thread a beautiful one, ENITAN,TOXNAIJA,OLOFOFO,BADIRU,BUTO,ADEWEST,POFOLO, D UPCOMG ARTIST, AM extend apprecition to all .George D, MORE YEAR TO COME.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by honeric01(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
I don't know if i have posted on this thread before, but i am doing it again, is it possible to get free Channels on DSTV without subscriptions? if yes, what am i expected to do?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ALL

The SABC signal reduction is being felt here in Zambia.I live on the Copperbelt and for SABC, we use atleat 90cm dish.You know what, it came as a surprise last week when they increased the Signal Strength.I knew that something was fishy,

As for w2a,You can even use a 60cm dish here,
Enjoy the world cuo fellas,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
Happy Birthday Honorable George_D Have a great time
Don't forget my cake, rice & chicken on a 3m dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
@badaru1

My source confirmed I can get the 9600 HD TS at N41K using today's exchange rate (N185).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
microgiant:

@badaru1

My source confirmed I can get the 9600 HD TS at N41K using today's exchange rate (N185).

@Micro,

is today's rate N185? pls confirm, $ should not be more than N154,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
it's Euro not $
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2010
Ha ok, my heart 1st skipped, cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
@George_D
Happy birthday and long life, full of prosperity
@all
Strong SRT 4910=45k
SRT 4900=42k
If you are interested, call me on 08054589716
Happy world cup view
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
Happy B'Day George! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ekonibaje(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
olofofo, pls kindly do ur work, pls kindly tell d the house dat George as a special gift 4 some members or na lie, i knw say u do get some facts, olofofo, olofofo, dat name na juju.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 12, 2010
honeric01:

I don't know if i have posted on this thread before, but i am doing it again, is it possible to get free Channels on DSTV without subscriptions? if yes, what am i expected to do?
Its not possible. There are some other pay tv or Fta that can offer half of what dstv offers thats lesser than dstv
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by honeric01(m): 2:34am On Jun 12, 2010
toba:

Its not possible. There are some other pay tv or Fta that can offer half of what dstv offers thats lesser than dstv
ok, thanks bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 5:38am On Jun 12, 2010
@all. Any one in the house on Nss12 ku 57deg to confrm if k24 & kbc are runing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 6:39am On Jun 12, 2010
@all,
anyone in the house experiencing this problem with 69x,GTV REFUSE to turn red,I've tried every thing bt to no avail,pls anyone with an idea pls pass it on.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Digitman(m): 6:40am On Jun 12, 2010
@ George _D , please from your experience is there any difference in signal gain between a 2.4 metre mesh/net and a 1.8 metre pan. If there is then what percentage increase can one expect from any of the above.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2010
Iykeman, like i said earlier 4669x is kind of different from d other strong series. it is d only strong dat boost signal by 3-4% compare 2 d other series eg 4663x, 4910. d only draw bak i c wit it is dat it is not too upgrade friendly, u jus dn't upgrade anyhow and then. d upgrade am using and is workin perfectly is d me of oct 2009. d newest updates can b problem matic at times. my Gtv is 88 % as at dis mor. delete dat tp and input it again it should turn green. @George hapy belated b'day and many mor yrs of service to humanity.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
Candymann:

@Illish
@Rextab
I only got confirmation SABC signal has been reduced when a friend checked on me if I was able to get the signal indicating so many people are complaining of cracking.

I had forgotten I have just moved my KU LNB to a 1.8m dish alongside Intel 906 C Band LNB hence my experiencing no change. So yes you are right Rextab the change is being experienced on the smaller (60 cm or less) dishesl
@candymann,tell me how you have tracked w3a on 1.8 feet.Are you receiving both 906 c-band and w3a ku band together? pls post something.Thanx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ALL,
A special thank you to all members of the house for all your heartfelt wishes. You people are just too much!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2010
Digitman:

@ George _D , please from your experience is there any difference in signal gain between a 2.4 metre mesh/net and a 1.8 metre pan. If there is then what percentage increase can one expect from any of the above.

@Digitman,
There's a world of difference btw a 2.4m mesh and a 1.8m pan especially when it comes to tracking KU birds. The 1.8m pan can recieve a lot more KU birds than what the 2.4m mesh can. And if you motorize the 1.8m then you further boost its usefulness. As for the percentage increase, I can't give a ready answer to that right away.
However, the downside is that the 2.4m mesh is better when tracking C band satellites. Hence, to get the best of both worlds, you may consider upgrading to a 2.4m pan.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2010
Happ Bda to my Beloved Broda George D hav not been around for some time now so sorry Wishin You more Years ahead wit Gods Abundant Blessing ingood health prosperity n more anointing in the Lord. The grace wisdom of God in u shall not dry So happi bday.

Yes pls I need positioner wit 99channels memory Eurostar Ps get back to me

SO am back on the forum for good ok
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2010
@jossybless,
Thanks for the well wishes. What you need is a diseqc 1.2 positioner - either Eurostar or STRONG.
You can contact Dejsam in Kano or olofofo in Lagos.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kiprop: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2010
Rextab:

@all. Any one in the house on Nss12 ku 57deg to confrm if k24 & kbc are runing.

Mine went off too but I don't know if I interfered with it when I was trying to track other Sats.
Oilepo has confirmed to me that he is receiving them.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ solo1ng1, hw far wit the nile gaga? hav u been able to nail it? just want to know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread