Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,172 members, 7,849,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250121 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2009
@all make una sofry 4 isue of patch way una dey talk about here Oooo,  i want all to remember the one that happen to me recently, were i help friend of my to patch his receiver which is not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd time, but latter get dead half way, its only God that save me that we bought it from authorise dealer, which he latter took it to lagos were they chainge it 4 us, the man do that because he has already hav problem with MYTV were they say he sold fake product, so he dont want to get himself to any problem again.
@all, patch is only work 4 people that have Nilesat that is my believe o
@ fijabi u do a g8th job am not against what u uplod to google-group  0ooo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2009
@all,
Considering the relatively high cost of the new 4669x, it may be a great gamble trying to patch it
when nothing actually has gone wrong with it yet. If you make a mistake and get it fried, it may not be
easy getting a replacement board unlike the 4663x which is abundantly available everywhere. So,
I advise to be patient and enjoy what you have for now. Don't be in too much of a hurry to patch!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by gofitech(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2009
@olason
what is the quality of your SABC and what is the size of your dish?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2009
@fijabi i want u to fill confortable here, by goin to those site to download patch & upload it to file sector in G-group, we all no that u hav play ur own part. so, nobody is critisizin u ooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
@ All
If there is update for 69x,u guys should go ahead and update no cause for alarm. There is also OTA upgrade on it from strong in case you dont ve access to the download file. The file ll never fry any 69x.
Anybody who want to pay for yf should contact me. Basic yf is 1500 while enhance is 3000 for period of 1 month each.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 12:47am On Oct 27, 2009
Patching or no patching, half word is enough for the wise one.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by williams85(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2009
Thank you all 4 the g-group acceptance. I've been away to nysc in borno state. Cyber is far from me. God bless all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 9:38am On Oct 27, 2009
It is only fair that anyone uploading a patch and expects members to use it must have applied same for use, and how useful the patch was.  Uploading a patch and asking people to try it is not the best, there are some overzealous users who will not think twice before using them. Uploading a patch and telling us you dot know the work it does is not good at all, the best way to go about it if you dont know what it does is to send a link to such patch. This post is by no means directed to fijabi, it is general please.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50am On Oct 27, 2009
@twins,
I'm with you on this issue.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Please check your mailbox for that stuff. The info is self-explanatory.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2009
twinstaiye:

It is only fair that anyone uploading a patch and expects members to use it must have applied same for use, and how useful the patch was.  Uploading a patch and asking people to try it is not the best, there are some overzealous users who will not think twice before using them. Uploading a patch and telling us you dot know the work it does is not good at all, the best way to go about it if you dont know what it does is to send a link to such patch. This post is by no means directed to fijabi, it is general please.
The patch is to open jsc sport in 69x so anybody that has nile with 69x should go ahead and load the patch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2009
@all,why don't we just put this patch thing aside, and discuss more interestin thing. I think patch is all about upgrading but it's 50-50 chance,some get fried up while some works Good. Anyway if u don't av d mind of doing this, just stay cool and b alright. @all i need a fairly used 4669x urgently,anyone who has should contact me on 08035859896@george_D Hw u dy?i beg ur solar power generator am interested o@enitan i tried olofofo's line was not going thru.@emeritus how can we hook up?may be a call will do
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2009
@ pitodenz,
I thought you have bought yourself one 4669X decoder, so get it patched even if you dont have nile, you can send it across to those who have nile installed in their abodes to give it a trial.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 27, 2009
alancruise:

@all,why don't we just put this patch thing aside, and discuss more interestin thing. I think patch is all about upgrading but it's 50-50 chance,some get fried up while some works Good. Anyway if u don't av d mind of doing this, just stay cool and b alright. @all i need a fairly used 4669x urgently,anyone who has should contact me on 08035859896@george_D Hw u dy?i beg your solar power generator am interested o@enitan i tried olofofo's line was not going thru.@emeritus how can we hook up?may be a call will do

get across to me via my phone lines displayed at my profile.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2009
enitan2002:

@ pitodenz,
I thought you have bought yourself one 4669X decoder, so get it patched even if you dont have nile, you can send it across to those who have nile installed in their abodes to give it a trial.
I sold the one i was even using in my bedroom and because am moving in out of jungle no time to order again. But no patch can ever fry an original strong receiver. Moreover the patch is ok and if u re using nile u can also get the patch on air from 68.5', just enable ur ota menu.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2009
I think it is high time i make a clarification known to you guys here about fake and real strong decoders?

How can you differentiate between a genuine and fake strong products?

I need answers to this question before i post what i have for the house.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2009
@
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2009
@ enitan2002
@ All
Let me come in at this point, this is what i know best.

I got mine at Oshiodi last two weeks, though i encountered problems due to my friends there they told me they way i can get the original stong decoder.

Step 1: Watch out for www.strong-technologies.com at the tail end of the carton. For the fake no website is written on the carton.

Step 2: On the card slot door u will see strong logo and strong written on the door while on the fake u will see it on the left hand side.DVBand disq logo is the down edge of the door

Step 3: STR 4663x is written at the top edge of left hand side and PVR is at the bottom.

Step 4: If u are confused u can use ur best of judgement by turning the receiver upside down then look through the air space on the cover to check the colour of the panel. Generally the panel colour must be green. if it is green is too greenish (that is fake), when it is faint or light green u are at the right shop, u can buy.

Check this out for the front view

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ George_D

My honourable, thank u for everything. Could u send me software to upgrade my strong receiver STR 4663X PVR. Can it enable me to watch js sport channels. I have the cable, still need step by step assistnce. You can send all these to jayroncommunications@yahoo.com.

Thank u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by domini4real: 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
Hi all,
I've been trying to read through this thread but I find it difficult to read all because of the volume.Pls can any one know how to get showtime/ART decoder or a way of watching both.Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mjay(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
I bought mine (69x) from a particular shop in Alaba, the location is listed in strong's website as one of their  dealers. I will post the shop number for those interested whn i chk the receipt.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2009
69x has no fake for now. As for 63x fake full market yafu yafu. Enitan u should be able to know the difference b/w the two product by now. Thank God i can post via opera mini in this jungle.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ All,
Watch all under 17 world cup matches on SPRT 2 to SPRT 9 & ADSC3 on Nilesat. For those who do not have installation for nile, you can tune to CRTV
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ Butoneday bros u don try the yf ip and settings i gave u while u re in jungle? The tin dey very very fast.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ecowas4All(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2009
@George_D
I am sure we would have to share you Solar innovations if you don't mind. However i suspect some very significant costs. Maybe you could brief us on wind turbines?
Keep it up!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
@all, my multitv is off the air after an heavy downpour of rain. Pls, is it general or i should check my dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
Gofitech, my sabc signal is 58% using 1.8m motorised pan dish. 2m national 62%, Cnn 62%, Cctv 70%
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 6:52am On Oct 28, 2009
Emeritus153:

@all, my multitv is off the air after an heavy downpour of rain. Pls, is it general or i should check my dish

@EMIRITUS,

CHECK UR DISH. It happened to mine last week, i adjusted the dish back and the signal pop up,
enjoy the birdsssssss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2009
@george,

How u dey? Pls share this ur power wonder, am interested ooo
thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 7:19am On Oct 28, 2009
@olofofo,

I need the HH motor, how can i get one? try send me ur number.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2009
@ Solo1ng1

Hello Solo, how far now. I still dey expect result of ur installation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2009
@ enitan2002

Enitan could u pls send me software to upgrade my 4663x PVR. And the step by step to update it.

jayroncommunications@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.