Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250117 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:49am On Oct 28, 2009
@George_D

My Honourable, pls send me the software n the steps to my mail box earlier sent to u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by gofitech(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2009
@olason    on what decoder are the signals. 63x or 69x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:59am On Oct 28, 2009
@jayron,
@pitodenz,
@all,

Somebody in the group is already lamenting about his fried decoder after installing the uploaded patch. Jayron, see why I cannot be a party to this patching bonanza currently going on? pito, maybe you can help this fellow out in the group?

Mytv Afrika haven't been opening for quite a while now, ISo I decided
to update with the software you uploaded and now my receiver doesn't
power on.
Is there any way I can reinstall factory firmware to fried STR4663X?

Let us all be careful please. Once again, a word is enough!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2009
@Ecowas4All,
@alancruise,
@all,

I'm reluctant to delve into the issue of solar power here seeing as this thread is all about FTA but since we all need stable power supply to enjoy whatever stations we succeed in tracking, maybe it may not be out of place to give a little info about my installation.

The system comprises basically of a 5kva inverter with a 48v battery bank of four 12v 200AH deepcycle batteries. This feeds the house load while the solar modules feeds the battery bank. All this while I've been recharging via nepa light until recently when I installed those sharp solar modules. The panels are two pieces 200w, 34.8v/4.9A sharp modules connected in series combined to give a total 400w/69.9v/4.9A charging power for the battery bank. The modules supply power through a charge controller which regulates the charge current-as the name implies. As a hybrid system, I can use nepa to charge when public power is available and I can also use the sun to charge when nepa fails. Better still, I can use both at the same time.

As for the cost, I'd say it's not for the faint-hearted. And that to me is what has been discouraging most people from going this road. One 12v/200AH battery alone is about 52k. A good 5kva inverter goes for around N180k. One 200w sharp solar module goes for about N180K. You do the maths and see what I mean.

However, cost aside, for those who can afford it, its still way better than having a heavy duty diesel/petrol guzzling gen set at home. Why? Because besides the batteries which may need change out every 5 to 7 years, the system is virtually maintenance-free. No petrol or diesel, no servicing, no smoke, no noise, no black oil on the floor. Just press the buton and use power from heaven to watch nilesat! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2009
George_D:

@Ecowas4All,
@alancruise,
@all,

I'm reluctant to delve into the issue of solar power here seeing as this thread is all about FTA but since we all need stable power supply to enjoy whatever stations we succeed in tracking, maybe it may not be out of place to give a little info about my installation.

The system comprises basically of a 5kva inverter with a 48v battery bank of four 12v 200AH deepcycle batteries. This feeds the house load while the solar modules feeds the battery bank. All this while I've been recharging via nepa light until recently when I installed those sharp solar modules. The panels are two pieces 200w, 34.8v/4.9A sharp modules connected in series combined to give a total 400w/69.9v/4.9A charging power for the battery bank. The modules supply power through a charge controller which regulates the charge current-as the name implies. As a hybrid system, I can use nepa to charge when public power is available and I can also use the sun to charge when nepa fails. Better still, I can use both at the same time.

As for the cost, I'd say it's not for the faint-hearted. And that to me is what has been discouraging most people from going this road. One 12v/200AH battery alone is about 52k. A good 5kva inverter goes for around N180k. One 200w sharp solar module goes for about N180K. You do the maths and see what I mean.

However, cost aside, for those who can afford it, its still way better than having a heavy duty diesel/petrol guzzling gen set at home. Why? Because besides the batteries which may need change out every 5 to 7 years, the system is virtually maintenance-free. No petrol or diesel, no servicing, no smoke, no noise, no black oil on the floor. Just press the buton and use power from heaven to watch nilesat! smiley
@george D,

this is really a nice one.keep it going.i have also increased in knowledge.thanks for this post.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2009
All
please understand this. That a receiver is fried does not necessarily mean that it is fake. One may say that a genuine receiver is better equipped to handle some malicious software than the non genuine one. This does not in anyway suggest that the genuine receiver can not be disabled by malicious software of certain configurations.
Please for those of you who download software i suggest you use download managers with community feedback. This way you can get feedback from folk who have downloaded and tried the said software. The point of installing software is to enhance performance not to cripple the recipient gizmo. For the avoidance of doubt patches are also included in the software category.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2009
@Dejsam,
I forgot to add that cost as a factor can be downplayed in the sense that what I have here is a rather heavy duty set-up which may not apply to everybody. Instead of 5kva you can decide to step down to 1kva or even 0.5kva. Instead of 4 batteries you can use one. And instead of 200w modules, you can use 70w or even 50w. That brings cost drastically down to less than 1/4 of what I have spent and you still have power from heaven and also your freedom from generators. grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:46am On Oct 28, 2009
@ All

There are three categories of patches. 

1. released by the stb manufacturer through forums. What's wrong with this patches practically nothing except that when a box had been massively pirated/cloned. Then the manufacturer coders include a malicious script to knock out the clone boxes while the originals are not affected. e.g. Gemini for dreambox receivers, etc

2. by third party/hobby coders - These type of patches are provided by hobby programmers, they may contain glitches or work perfectly when it's good works on all boxes (fake or original)

3. either 1 or 2 modified by PayTv coders to become malicious. last but not the least comes from PayTV coders who inject a malicious software that either when you unzip hijacks your computer or when you update you receiver knocks it out (atimes these software may affect just the original box or both original and fake)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by majekky: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2009
Pls, i need help from u all, i ve trying to track Eutelsat w6 with my 1m Daarsat Dish since last week but im not getin any thing till now. Im actually tryin to get this station (2M MONDE) because i was told by OLOFOFO that they do show one though Premier League Every Week end. Im in Abuja, so pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2009
pitodenz:

@ Butoneday bros u don try the yf ip and settings i gave u while u re in jungle? The tin dey very very fast.

@ Pito,
Thanks for the settings. Though I am using Starcomm at the moment, I will try YF with these codes and compare which is faster.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
Gofiteck, 63x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ Olason

Bros long time how ur side
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by talk2dre(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
@All If one patches 4663x, will it work like 4669x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ pito
thanks sir for the offer please expect my call very soon maybe before the week runs out or early next week
@ george D. thanks for the info but you did not tell us the prices of the lower ones that you gave all this same me I am already planning to build one for just my tv and decoder as per an inverter.
@ all
I changed the c band on the 1.8m of the dish i spoke about precisely yesterday and all the other station showed except ait lagos in that the positon though is an old dish for strong what could have happened or was there a break in transmission from them before the nigerian match?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by wizict: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
cheesy Hi, if u cant hold a spanner and u wish to learn satellite installation then u should try this blog wizict..com, see u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2009
@George_D
Thanks for the info, I will contact you when I am not faint hearted financially very soon grin I am really and highly interested.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2009
With all warnings on patching, some still went ahead and do it again. It shows the high level of stupidity they possess. Stupid as someone who aimed the ground with a stone and still missed. A word is not even enough for wise, no word at all is really enough.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
enitan2002:

With all warnings on patching, some still went ahead and do it again. It shows the high level of stupidity they possess. Stupid as someone who aimed the ground with a stone and still missed. A word is not even enough for wise, no word at all is really enough.
@ Enitan
ah Bros too much anger is in this ur post oooo, well some people they will show them the way, and they will still decide to walk in the bush.

@All

Whats the point of patching ur decoder when u don't have nilesat setup
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fasone(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2009
enitan,  enitan, enitan, biko joooo, u too much. i just like your candid nature. they think say it will open etv and mytv abi?
me i dey here dey learn o, i no dey do sabi, sabi. go ahead my teachers. as una wey be our teachers no dey teach us nonsense, why we go dey do nonsense on our own, later we call teachers to bail us out, how dem who be teachers no go vex. it is well with all of una.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yaris(m): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
Arsenal vs liverpool. Any hope
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2009
solo1ng1:

@olofofo,

I need the HH motor, how can i get one? try send me your number.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by skylolo112(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2009
@all
arsenal vs liverpool live on crtv
enjoy while it last
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pheleix: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2009
alpha calling Romeo, Romeo calling Gurus, lost of signal on pulse, ITV, TIM but signal on Ch10 and TBC1. pls confirm if it's general. actually there was heavy rain
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by majekky: 7:38am On Oct 29, 2009
Pls, i need help from u all, i ve trying to track Eutelsat w6 with my 1m Daarsat Dish since last week but im not getin any thing till now. Im actually tryin to get this station (2M MONDE) because i was told by OLOFOFO that they do show one though Premier League Every Week end. Im in Abuja, so pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 7:57am On Oct 29, 2009
majekky:

Few members receive this bird just ask for the strongest frequency to use for tracking, also remember it's a difficult bird, even for the seasoned hobbyist/trackers to hit green. All the same get the strongest TP, LNB skew, angle and direction then it becomes easier.

enitan2002:

You don't just patch for patching sake, only use a patch when you know it can improve you stb or clear some channels. There are times that a previous patch works. Right now etv is on N3 and there is no fix for it yet even in europe and usa, talkless of africa. MyTV Africa was FTA for promo reasons, it was never hacked.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2009
@majekky,
Try tracking in the morning btw 9am and 12pm. Make sure you use Arryadia 2 tp (11653v, 15714sr).
If you know where DSTV position is, you can use that as a reference. After setting up the dish, stand behind it facing east (where the sun rises in the morning) and from dstv position, move your dish upwards and to your right. Keep going until it almost face the sky. All this while keep your eyes on your decoder. If you don't get it on the first run, gently return your dish back following the same route and look for when the signal bars tend to breathe faster. Pause it there and continue moving the dish up and down gently within that position and your green will pop out. Also make sure your lnb is set up properly with the f-connector port at roughly 80 degrees to your right hand side.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2009
@osef,
The prices of the lower ranges of inverter varies with make. But a good 1kva inverter you can get for around 34k, 1.5kva for about 50k.  And like you are trying to build one now on your own, I think it's a good step forward. There are various ways we can achieve the same results. The most important thing is to have the awareness and that is what this forum is all about.
As we speak now, there are many people who have only the mindset of electric generators. They are busy worrying themselves sick on how to raise money to buy heavy duty diesel sets when they could better channel their resources into setting up an inverter system which is more sustainable over time.

And let me add that for those of us who live in areas with fairly stable power supply, you do not really need solar modules to charge up your battery bank. Take myself for example, I was using my inverter with nepa for years before I eventually installed solar modules this year.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2009
George_D:

My honourable, does LNB require any settings again. You know there are numbers written on it. What are the significance of the numbers?

And how should LNB, be best fit. Is it to the right or to the left?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2009
@Jayron
With all these theories you have learnt, I think it is high time you witness a practical installations, that will give you more ideas about installations.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2009
@jayron,
LNBs do require setting as per focal lenght and skew. Even with the best dish and highest signal tp, if your lnb setting is wrong, you will not recieve anything.

Focal lenght settings depend on the type and make of dish but generally smaller ku band dishes have thier focal lenght fixed so all you have to do is adjust the lnb skew. For a beginner, it's always advisable to use an lnb with little to and fro movements like the short STRONG lnbs. Avoid using the long types. For c-band lnbs, the focal lenght is always stated in the manual by the dish manufacturer. After installing make sure you place the lnb roughly at 2'oclock position for tracking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2009
@Twinstaiye
Oga taiye, thank u for ur advise yet i need to know. This saturday i would first start with my 1.2m dish (tracking W4,W6 n NSS7). Want to be sure of all little informations needed for that day, if i call on u or George that call could technical advise to see me tru.

Both of u expect my call on Saturday.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Blakstars(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2009
@all

Has any one realized that GTV is back on Astra 2B but no longer mpg 4 can anyone confirm?

for those who do not have the opportunity to watch the U-17 world cup i think this might be some form of good news since CRTV does not show all the games. just a thought. though

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.