Stats: 3,162,373 members, 7,850,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:12 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250158 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2009
@jayron,
Like I said before, just take it easy. It took me more than a year to plan my own nilesat installation but now, here I am enjoying my signals after all the waiting.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2009
@all, live epl ,liverpool vs b'ham city on mbc3 on w3a. Enjoy. Up 9ja, Our cup,our land, congratulations !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2009
Liverpool Vs B'ham Live On CRTV!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2009
jayron:

@ solo1ng1

Have u purchased H-H, pls let me know.

@JAYRON,

yes, i got it on last week saturday. plan to install this weekend. I need to add my lenght to me pole from a welder.
see ya
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2009
@ solo1ng1

Ore, can u mail me how much u got it. Foward it to my box, Jayroncommunications@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 8:56am On Nov 10, 2009
F-Marshall,
yes ooo.I am in UK now missing fta.I just got information from my friend in Manchester that there is a Ghanaian there who helps to instal fta in the UK.My friend watches all premiership and other European matches free on Astra and Thor.I will be in his place in a couple of weeks to get the details.I hope to hear from Enigma on this.

Jayron,
where is your location?My family had the same experience a few months ago in Abeokuta.Pls be careful especially with Xmas fast approaching.

Olason,
Did you watch premiership on e feeds this weekend?I am sure you didnt.I experienced it while in naija.they are very inconsistent.there was one Sunday they showed the opening formalities of a Chelsea match,and all of a sudden they went blank!I had already called so many people to watch!what is brewing in baba's house again?pls ja mi si oooo!pls mail me for the details.I am tired of all these cards and decoders going off everytime.I will let u know the details of the UK fta when I visit my friend in Manchester.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50am On Nov 10, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, your gmail is rejecting my attachment ooo! Looks like you may need to give me your yahoo mail to enjoy the package.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2009
@toxnaija,
Why don't you hook up with F-Marshal now that you're in the UK? It seems to me that your best bet for FTA enjoyment over there is to enlist his help so as to get started. This online FTA you're into now may not be as convenient as watching it live on tv. Besides, with your wealth of experience so far, you could be our man on ground for experimenting with what is obtainable in out-of-footprint birds like Astra 2D using 90cm dish or less. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2009
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, I have a package for you that will go a long way in sharpening your load and array estimation. Also the runtime for your bank. Check your gmail this evening. You may install on your pc when you're out of the jungle. Enjoy! grin

@ George_D,
I can't find any recent mail from you. please re-send.

@ All
you can generate small amount of power that will sustain your tv and receiver installation for several hours using a small computer ups and a big battery. All you need do is to open the UPS casing and connect two wires from the positive and the negative terminals to the external battery(ies). Some of these UPS goes for about 5K in Lagos. The best is APC and it is very expensive. One advantage of using small UPS is that you can charge your battery(ies) with a 950W generator "I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOUR". I have being using this set up to power my desktop computer and printer for over eight years.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:10am On Nov 10, 2009
@George_D

My honourable pls if u have any info or download of help pls foward to my mail jayroncommunications@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2009
I Think this forum is being overtaken by a lot of junks. It is better to have one line of good information than a whole page of junks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2009
@ BUTONEDAY

How long does it last?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2009
badaru1:

I Think this forum is being overtaken by a lot of junks. It is better to have one line of good information than a whole page of junks
@ Badaru1,
I agree with you. ALL OF US ARE GUILTY. Many posts do not actually match with the title of the thread. We cried out to the owner of nairaland and also to the moderator for assistance. Everything have been put in place, but we rarely visit those subs or create new threads and build on them. I think the moderator can still do something to direct people's attention to the subs under Satellite TV technology. I do not want to say that we should stop posting on this thread ( The Official Thread of FTA satellite TV Part 4)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:48am On Nov 10, 2009
@badaru1

Long time, though many discussions here may sound irrelevant to some people, yet to others a lesson to learn from.

In my own case, George told me to motorise my 2.4m dish, instead of having 4-5 satellite at home. Thank God i followed his advise (not yet motorised but removed other dish) if not these "BOYZ" would had visited my house (thank u George).

I only want people to learn from it. There are more informations like that, which may or partly relate to FTA, once it is mentioned here u will know the next step/ alternative way to take to prevent its.

Thanks for the advise. (Omobadero)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2009
@toxnaija

Thank u for ur concern i stay in Ogijo, very close to Shagamu. Enjoy the free world of FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2009
microgiant:

@ BUTONEDAY

How long does it last?

@ microgiant,
I have a 200amp hour battery connected to my small UPS system. I have not drained the battery to the alarm point.  I don't like to deep cycle my batteries. Once it is two hours or a little above, I make sure I switch off the system. Based on your request, I will do a test this time around when I am going to be in town and let you know how long it will last. But this question is very difficult to answer because it depends on certain factors.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by JMS(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2009
George_D (m) Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4)
« #639 on: October 24, 2009, 10:55 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@sathob, salamander, captainus, et al,
What's new at your end? It's been quite a while.

@JMS,
What's up in brazavaille? You been so quiet for too long!

@toxnaija,
How obodo now? I hope you have enough info on that package now?
But if you still want to go ahead and buy, maybe you should include one for
me when coming.

@George_D, bonjour mon ami ca va? Welcome NLF part4, better late than never! i was on annual leave far from my house, after many theories n contributions, i thought it was time to make most with practice, in part3 i reported than that Badr 4/6 was now possible here in Brazzaville thanks to the experience we are sharing in this forum; believe me during my holidays i installed more than 20 dishes for free and the most amazing is the day i gunned down that off-foot print bird with a 2.4m dish, fuji 3db ku lnb, 20m cable, the difficulty i faced was, the low frequencies 10, , 11, (MBCs, )that i could not get only 12, could go green with my my strong 4653.
To be more explicit, there the Badr4/6 fever among Lebanese, community here; the strongest transponder is 12523h, i hit KTV with 88% all the other were fluctuating between 42-56; Need your contributions before telling you all my lovely experience; George i tried to phone you with the number you posted on page 20 but sorry, my e-mail:james_banga@yahoo.fr, à bientôt!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Onesimus70(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2009
All

can someone say something about daarsat, all of a sudden they have gone off air. Even flysat could not post anything about they, the lyngsat updated their info on Nov. 1 and no more. AIT too is silent. Thanks for your speedy response.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2009
@JMS,
It's so nice to hear from you again after such a long break. The joy of FTA truly come to light when you practicalise all the theories you have gathered over time.
For the lower tps, I think it's a general problem since they replaced the old Atlantic bird 4 with the new atlantic bird 4a, the footprint has been slightly altered and you will need a bigger dish than 2.4m to recieve them. You could try a 3.0m fibre using fuji and see if it helps.

As for my phone, I'm presently not in town so you cannot reach me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ Badaru1,
I agree with you. ALL OF US ARE GUILTY. Many posts do not actually match with the title of the thread. We cried out to the owner of nairaland and also to the moderator for assistance. Everything have been put in place, but we rarely visit those subs or create new threads and build on them. I think the moderator can still do something to direct people's attention to the subs under Satellite TV technology. I do not want to say that we should stop posting on this thread ( The Official Thread of FTA satellite TV Part 4)

While I do not wish for us to enter into a debate about this, I still think that some of us have realised over time that no information is ever useless wether FTA related or not. True it may not be useful to some at that point when discussed because they feel they do not need it but wait three months or six months or a year from now and they'll wish they took note of that subject earlier on because suddenly they realise that their circumstances have changed and they now need info on that subject desperately.

It happens even with core FTA installations. Most people will just ignore discussions on nilesat, hotbird, etc on the thread because they are concentrating on smaller birds like w3a, sirius 4 at that moment. But 3 or 6 months later when they are ready to install nilesat they begin crying out for help, asking the same questions that have been treated in the past-all because they ignored those discussions as being 'irrelevant' when it was discussed months ago.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2009
@GEORGE
u couldn't av been more correct.any info being dropped here would eventualy make sense 2 somebody at some point. as long as it doesn't totally stray frm satelite tv ,let us keep it coming,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ohikhena(m): 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
@Badaru & enitan,

I know how irritating it is any time u go through the thread and read about things that have been treated on previous seasons of the thread.The only snag here is that may be most of our newbies are either to eager to fly without crawling(lazy in reading previous post)or cant just afford the luxury of browsing for ours as it might be to expensive.

Secondly with regards to those issues that are partially related to Fta e.g the inverter stuff,i would humbly say that i learnt so much from George D and others who contributed.

thirdly am greatful that great FTA gurus like u guys are still keeping an eye on the thread.We always appreciate ur contributions any time.Lets keep pushing the limits and breaking new grounds.

Finally i would like to ask where are some of our gladiators Adewest,salamander,Dejsam,Eduzo,emexi,olofofo.

@George D,

Well done
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ George d
thanks for the help I will look into that
@ olofofo
can i still add my voice to say happy birthday sir?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2009
George_D:

@toxnaija,
Why don't you hook up with F-Marshal now that you're in the UK? It seems to me that your best bet for FTA enjoyment over there is to enlist his help so as to get started.[color=#990000][/color] This online FTA you're into now may not be as convenient as watching it live on tv. Besides, with your wealth of experience so far, you could be our man on ground for experimenting with what is obtainable in out-of-footprint birds like Astra 2D using 90cm dish or less. smiley
That will be a heck of a trip! smiley In as much as I would enjoy hosting Toxnaija, but location, logistics and geography can't allow that from his present location. sad Toxnaija and I are oceans apart. He's in the UK, while I'm in North America. USA to be precise. Enigma would be a better person to help with Tox's FTA needs. This is assuming Tox is a close distance to Enigma. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2009
@F_Marshal,
Copy that. I think maybe Enigma wouldn't mind teaming up with toxnaija. We really want to see some 90cm practicals on Astra 2D footprint for real-live from uk!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
@borderline,
@ohikhena,

Beside newbies just coming in, the major reason we keep seeing repeated questions on this thread is just what I have highlighted above. Most folks here will gloss over a topic when it's being discussed because they think it is not relevant to them at that time only to come back a few months later desperately seeking answers on the very discussion they ignored earlier. Thank God you didn't fall into that mistake.

For instance, I will not be surprised if by next year January or February when (and if ) the govt finally have their way with this fuel deregulation noise they been making, you may see an old member sending a desperate post like this:

"please somebody help me! I can no longer watch my favourite channels because of high cost of fuel. Me and my family use one 25 litres jerrycan every two days to run our generator. Now I can no longer cope! Does any member have an idea of a better alternative to this generator wahala?! Please reply soon, !"

And you will just shake your head and ask yourself where was this person when we were discussing inverters on this thread around October 2009? He was there quite alright but of course by then the inverter discussion was irrelevant to him so he just ignored it.

Same goes for other topics like nilesat, daarsat, w3a, sirius 4, etc. Members ignore these when they do not need them as at the time they been discussed only to turn round and cry for help later.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ All,
JSC sport 1,2,3,4 is back on Nile. Tested ok.

@ Olofofo,
Thanks for the info
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emexi: 11:59am On Nov 11, 2009
@ohikhena , thanks man for your inquiry, iam very much around , how is your end hope yove benefited al ot from the infos;;;'

and for all those asking after daarsat ,, be informed that maintance maybe completed on the dishes and equipments around the end of this week , be patient for its for yor enjoyment ,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2009
@w3a users, setanta africa just came on d bird. Just do a blindscan and it's gonna pop up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Blakstars(m): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2009
George_D:

@borderline,
@ohikhena,

Beside newbies just coming in, the major reason we keep seeing repeated questions on this thread is just what I have highlighted above. Most folks here will gloss over a topic when it's being discussed because they think it is not relevant to them at that time only to come back a few months later desperately seeking answers on the very discussion they ignored earlier. Thank God you didn't fall into that mistake.

For instance, I will not be surprised if by next year January or February when (and if ) the govt finally have their way with this fuel deregulation noise they been making, you may see an old member sending a desperate post like this:

"please somebody help me! I can no longer watch my favourite channels because of high cost of fuel. Me and my family use one 25 litres jerrycan every two days to run our generator. Now I can no longer cope! Does any member have an idea of a better alternative to this generator wahala?! Please reply soon, !"

And you will just shake your head and ask yourself where was this person when we were discussing inverters on this thread around October 2009? He was there quite alright but of course by then the inverter discussion was irrelevant to him so he just ignored it.

Same goes for other topics like nilesat, daarsat, w3a, sirius 4, etc. Members ignore these when they do not need them as at the time they been discussed only to turn round and cry for help later.

@ George

Spot on Boss!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2009
alancruise:

@w3a users, setanta africa just came on d bird. Just do a blindscan and it's gonna pop up.

For those of us that dont ave a decoder that can blindscan, what are we going to do
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2009
@alancruise and any member base in ibadan wish to come. this saturday.

how you dey today? this is the address for the wedding, from molente challenge get bus going to apata and drop at campus. or if you are coming from apata get bus going to challenge and drop at campus and call my number.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62