Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,128 members, 7,863,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250768 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2009
@alancruise and any member base in ibadan wish to come. this weekend ooooooo saturday.

how you dey today? this is the address for the wedding, from molente challenge get bus going to apata and drop at campus. or if you are coming from apata get bus going to challenge and drop at campus and call my number.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
@alancruise

give us the fq and sr.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
@JMS

Thanks for asking about me. It has been some busy schedules, but I'm always up to date with what is happening here.

@Asuquo
Hope your dreams come through, we are all waiting!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
@segunfms, i wish i could be around for ur weddin. Try to drop ur number for me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, check your mailbox. You'll smile (especially the second link). smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2009
@Emeritus153

i am not the one doing the wedding, na my junior brother dey do wedding. this is my number 08028914868 you are all welcome.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2009
@phizz@segunfms@all. Sorry i should av posted d fr/sr but i'll do that tomorrow cos presently dr is power cut at home. @segunfms, copy that. Do u mean I.A.A.R.T campus along apata road? Well what time is d weddin?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 1:32am On Nov 12, 2009
@segunfms, all the same. God will grant the marriage abundant blessing, prosperity and happiness.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arabambi: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2009
THE SETANTA is scrambled i think it should Hitv channel.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by wilsonjay: 10:31am On Nov 12, 2009
@ALL,
My tv Africa package opens, enjoy it while it last
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2009
badaru 1
i couldn't agree more.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2009
ohikhena
thank you very much for asking. i am here. looking in. as it were.how are you doing?
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2009
Any news on Daarsat?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2009
nairaland dis is zambeat and i got a simple question.i want to connect 2 rg6u cables together.how do i do it?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 5:36am On Nov 13, 2009
@salamander, i heard yesterday that one engine of ait that have the official right of fifa under 17 is nt working. They now have to remove that of daarsat to replace that of ait. You have to wait, hopefully after world cup they will come on board
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 6:22am On Nov 13, 2009
If not for other fta channels covering d u-17 world cup, watching d matches on most nigeria stations would av been a nightmare. or how else can u describe a coverage where d in-depth commentary supplied by fifa's broadcast partners is jettisoned for a commentary ran frm inside a studio by some people who av litle knowledge of running a football commentary!
LONG LIVE FTA SIGNALS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2009
help! tried nailing pas710 by myself for the first time.i got the signal scand my strg 3741 but couldnt get all dstv chanels,btv,sabc 123.all i got was ctv press tv,dbn etc.wht could be the problem?the signal strength for these chanels is about 96% while dstv tp says no signal.using 90cm dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dorg3: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2009
@pito   have u tried yf jar file on a phone?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2009
@ALL any guru that stay in benin that i can hook your with as they say two good head are better than one
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2009
@zambeat

what you need is a connector like the one pictured below. regarding the satellite you are trying to track, since you are in zambia, you should really not have problems with that particular bird, try and find out if those channels are still on that bird from people arround you, since we can not get them here.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bodejohn(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2009
@ Zambeat

Your lucky day, just as i was about replying your post, the Olofofo of Africa himself came to your rescue.
I will only add that you check your frequency, polarization and symbol rate. Make sure they are the ones been used currently by the provider you want to receive.

@ All

I am putting together a write up on why bigger dishes (1.8m and above) are needed to receive C band signals.
I will hit the house with it as soon as i am through.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2009
gud day house,

how can i distribution my signal connection to all rooms in the house so that each TV point can watch different channels?? please this is urgent, i will appreciate any help. thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2009
gud day house,

how can i distribution my signal connection to all rooms in the house so that each TV point can watch different channels?? please this is urgent, i will appreciate any help. thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2009
@zambeat, sabc123 and dstv on pas10 ku , its beam is for south africa, it is impossible for u to track it with your 90cm , check your location, you picked dbn and press tv cos they are on african beam, see flysat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2009
@twinskenny

Your question is not clear. Do u mean sharing one dish and one decoder. OR You want them to share from ur dish with their own Decoder.

Any way this diagram may be of help, it may be through LNB (with Multi mouth) or Multi switch

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
@olofofo,bodejon.Thanks alot for the info.
@odilibe.you say africa beam and sa beam.how do i know which is which and whts the difference pas7 and pas10.i thought they were all at 68.5 degrees east?so how do i nail either one?good day all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by satcoper(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
@all
Canal3-Benin which was formerly on IS901@18°west just arrived on the globecast tp12605V29950 on sirius4. Just rescan the tp.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jibrill7(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
@olofofo & all
Please how can i view two diffrent channels with diffrent polarization (H/V) on two diffrent receivers which are splited with one dish (c band)?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
@zambeat, you should be able to catch SABCs and DSTV with a 90 cm dish. I have a 65 cm one and have no problems catching these from here in Malawi, just neighbouring country to Zambia. Try to concentrate on the SABCs which are of interest to you. I catch SABCs with about 60% signal level as well as the other religious ones and Muvi TV at 40-46 %. You may also check with your neighbour who has got Pas 7/10 to see how much they are getting, it helps sometimes!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
twinskenny:

gud day house,

the best way is to use a 4 way LNB, any other option is very expensive.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2009
'@zambeat, pas 7 and pas 10 are both @68.5east the only difference is that pas7 ku beam is mainly for southern africa, while pas10 covers, mostly africa /europe/middle east, if u are in zambia you should be able to, pick sabc, according to flysat foothprint, may be you are not using the correct frequency for sabc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 2:41am On Nov 14, 2009
@jayron:
Plz, can one get a diagram of the connection of one decoder to many tv screens from you? Thankx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.