Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (248909 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2009
Hi@al pls is dis 2m signal 2 poor i cant get it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by idyday(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ugeh.how do u do Sir?pls i'm interested in d free internet stuff.my email is idolas904sure@yahoo.com.i'm somewhere close 2 u(uyo)maybe we can meet up.i'm xpecting ur response.season's greetings!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2009
@all please be informed that emexi has been banned for posting information that can benefit all on nairaland and as you can see that posting has been removed by the moderator, so for now emexi can not reply any more , is it a crime to post good information on the net?. just a thought
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ george/pitodenz,

I have 14 DSTV decoders connected toa single dish. and each decoders have access cards that are paid for. SO for each decoder, there is a channel it is permanently tuned to and an RF channel is allocated for it.

The problem with this connection is that it is not all the 14 decoders that are connected together, like we have 5 decoders, 5 decoders and 4 decoders. so that is to say that not all offices connected to this setup have the same number of channels. the channels they have vary.

So the option i have for them is that, it will be better for one to have a RF modulator (just like what you and pitodenz discussed some while back) so that all the 14 decoders with 14 diffrent stations on different RF channel can be looped into it, and  the RF modulator single output can be splitted out to different offices. With this connection, one is rest assured that all offices will have access to the same number of channels.

I need you inputs in this, looking forward to reading your reply

I will post pictures later on
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ gurus, an installa told me one can get c band stations using c band lnb wit 90cm dish.though a fellow in d house 1ce said it's possible to nail viasat 1 using 90cm bt d installa mentioned cctv and 2 other stations.pls gurus i need clarifications.i want to knw if dy both belong dsame bird or are different.i stand to be corrected.thanks gurus.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
Guys am so hapy am getin dstv fri wit ma astra decoder, d first decoder dat was use 4 fta.d bird was around Intel 902/c am enjoyin ma analog decoder.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
is that a lesson
eduzo:

@all please be informed that emexi has been banned for posting information that can benefit all on nairaland and as you can see that posting has been removed by the moderator, so for now emexi can not reply any more , is it a crime to post good information on the net?. just a thought
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2009
pictures, pictures

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2009
pictures

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2009
@Eni

Check this link, same product but it is cheaper Modulator

olatufu:

@ gurus, an installa told me one can get c band stations using c band lnb wit 90cm dish.though a fellow in d house 1ce said it's possible to nail viasat 1 using 90cm bt d installa mentioned cctv and 2 other stations.pls gurus i need clarifications.i want to knw if dy both belong dsame bird or are different.i stand to be corrected.thanks gurus.

See the shape of the scalar.

for more on see C-Band on a small dish

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2009
eduzo:

@all  please be informed that emexi  has been banned for  posting information  that can benefit all on  nairaland   and as you can see that posting has been removed by the moderator,  so for  now  emexi can not reply any more , is it  a crime to post good information on the net?.  just a thought

There are somethings you don't post in forums even though it's good for members especially FTB secrets.  I don't know why Nigerians are so carried away with any knowledge they come across, what is meant to be shared discretely will be in the open freely and sold openly in the streets.  Don't You know that in places where there is law enforcement, the admin can be sued? In USA even users of FTA Stbs have been arrested and such stbs confiscated!  Be wise  undecided

The Mod can give him back his posting privileges without allowing the offending posts.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
preparing for the Xmass,I wish every person here a merry Xmass and hoping for better/FTA new year.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ Hopitinto and all 2m is now in nss 7c , tp 3.644 v 27.497
@ George _D , the supermax lnb is da bomb, thanks alot as for the other lnb i am yet to buy it but will soon. But when i do, i will like to know the best way to fix both c and ku lnb to work together, please enlighten me as God will continue to bless you the more. Let me go back to see if i can track intelsat 901 & 902.
@ Enitan 2002 , thanks for being there hope to become your real pal if you let me in
@ all thanks for being you, you all are more than enough and for those who i have not been able to appreciate by name individual please forgive me. I love you all and i wish you all a beautiful xmas.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2009
olatufu:

The answer to your question is a Yes & No! It is true that you can receive the strongest transponders on a C-Band satellite using a 90cm to 120cm (Mini-BUD), but the weak transponders will not be able to come in. The truth is that this kind of setup is for experimental pet project purposes, but will not fulfill the need to get a bigger dish to receive all C-band signals. So, if your looking to use the 90CM as a replacement for the 1.8m and above size BUDs, you'll be disappointed, but if you're just experimenting and having fun, you'll be pleasantly happy with your results. I had earlier posted my summer C-Band Mini-BUD project here on page 30.

BTW, guys! Happy Christmas and a Better New Year! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2009
@All catalunya vrs argentina on aljazeera sports 1 on arabsat 30E cband
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2009
@enitan2002,
You are on the right track as pito just finished executing a project of similar nature and I'm sure he will have much material to help you with. Definitely though you will need rf modulators for proper seperation of the signals as the normal rf output of the recievers cannot achieve what you want.

@spaceman,
Seasons greetings to you. How was your trip back to naija?

@Kcbenjamin,
You will need a 3-in-1 lnb holder. You can construct it out of a normal supermax lnb scaler. All it needs is a little ingenuity. Check out the pix of my COMSTAR installation:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.160.html#msg3571303
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2009
@kcbenjamin
be advised that d 2M on d globecast platform on nss7c is 2M MONDE while d one on EW6 is 2M NATIONAL which shows live EPL, take note
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2009
borderline:

@kcbenjamin
be advised that d 2M on d globecast platform on nss7c is 2M MONDE while d one on EW6 is 2M NATIONAL which shows live EPL, take note

And let him also understand 2m has been on that bird as long as I can remember.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ George D
My brother story chnage o
On getting to Copenhagen a/port, some connecting flights were cancelled, flight to Amsterdam was disrupted due to the heavy snowfall in this region. Going to Amsterdam was not much the problem, but there was no point going to Amsterdam and be stranded under the snow. serious commotion at the a/port.
I was forced to reschedule for 24th since I could not get any connecting route, hoping that snow no go stop man.
Man the cold no be small o. i no wan die here.
Anyway thanks for your concern.Keep the flag flying.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 3:05am On Dec 23, 2009
@MR.GEORGE-D
I am very much happy to have finally joined this great forum.I have been following the professional instructions you & other members give out & i will say that,thanks to all of you,i can input tp's & track stations from inside my house by simply motorising & positioning where i hit green,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 3:22am On Dec 23, 2009
@MR GEORGE-D & ALL
I av heard you & other members advising that one may need to re-track the 'arc' of a satelite.pls sirs,what is this arc,how is it so important to signal quality,how do i get about re-tracking the arc & when do i know i'm on arc.pls i need a step by step guide to do this because i avn't touched my dish eversince it was installed & i need to start to do it myself. expecting your respönses
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2009
microgiant
is this not a case of double standards with you? Or is it that of convinient memeory. A while back a certain receiver was discussed openly on this forum. You did not find that problematic enough to psychoanalyze Nigerians. You do not remember. Well the guys involved in that post did not get done not even a rap on the knuckles. How about that.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2009
george baba,

i will try and contact pitodenz when am less busy, thanks brother.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 7:21am On Dec 23, 2009
Merry Xmas and prsperous new year to all FTA members, long live FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2009
@emexi
nobody banned you, sorry for the mixed up, just be patient, it will be sorted out in a while.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2009
@Enitan

Why all the receivers and the cards? Why not sell the the idea of card spliter for them
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2009
@spaceman,
It always happens like that at this time of the year. Because of the xmas rush, every airport is jampacked with travellers so getting a connecting flight is always a hercullean task. Anyhow, I wish you a safe journey back to obodo naija.

@donald303,
Your welcome on board. The arc we usually refer to is the path followed by your dish as it moves from east to west. If you stand just under your motorized dish and watch its movements you will notice it doesn't travel perfectly vertical up and down. Rather, it tilts a litle to the south while going from east to west. That tilt is made to allow it follow what is called the clark belt.
Now, retracking the arc simply means using your jack to finetune positions already stored in your positioner which may have shifted maybe due to wind or shaking of the lnb. And sometimes, depending ion the type of jack used, some do miscount and you need to track them up and down to return them to their original position.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2009
enitan2002:

george baba,

i will try and contact pitodenz when am less busy, thanks brother.

@enitan,
While waiting for pito's reply you could start something. Since they are 14 decoders, you somehow can still manage to output them using thier own inbuilt rf outputs (assuming they do not have need for any external local tv stations other than the dstv channels themselves). Try seperating the stations using a 2, 2 ratio. Remember, the recievers' rf output is limited from uhf 21 to uhf 69. So, you could try:

21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47.

If you notice shadows appearing on some of the channels that means they are too close. You could then try the 4, 4 ratio seperation:

21, 24, 27, 31, 35, 39, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 61, 65, 69.

Provided you are able to seperate the channels without overlapping shadows, you won't need the rf modulator and you've scored your first major hit. The next step is to get a 45db signal booster which will amplify the signals and depending on how far away the block of offices are, you will need other smaller boosters along the way to ensure the signals remain sharp. I'm sure pito will fill you in with rest of the details as to where best to get a good quality 45db line amp and other accesories. Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2009
@badaru1,
He is dealing with a corporate organisation. They might get sued by DSTV!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:09am On Dec 23, 2009
eduzo:

microgiant
is this not a case of double standards with you? Or is it that of convinient memeory. A while back a certain receiver was discussed openly on this forum. You did not find that problematic enough to psychoanalyze Nigerians. You do not remember. Well the guys involved in that post did not get done not even a rap on the knuckles. How about that.
eduzo.

Eduzo, i don't have to trade words with you. This forum is the most free forum I have ever come across. For your information most forums are highly moderated. eg. in some european forums you don't post anything about s*k*y or N*D*S such post can get you banned not just your "USER ID" but you "IP" as well, in some offending posts are modified or deleted. Post are even moved, all these at the descretion of the Adm/Mods.

and what you have below is my opinion, i don't have influence over the adm or mods
microgiant:

The Mod can give him back his posting privileges without allowing the offending posts.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2009
@all

Longest time, i will like to no if i can receive this birds on 1.8m dish here in akowonjo lagos, arabsat 2b, nilesat, eutelsat w6, w2 and nss 7 ku-band and c-band all on motorised. and i want to use both ku-band and c-band on the dish.

wishing all members in the house "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year in Advance"
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2009
@all

Longest time, i will like to no if i can receive this birds on 1.8m dish here in akowonjo lagos, arabsat 2b, nilesat, eutelsat w6, w2 and nss 7 ku-band and c-band all on motorised. and i want to use both ku-band and c-band on the dish.

wishing all members in the house "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year in Advance"

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.