Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249786 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2009
@GEORGE-D
Okay,but i have the same problem of bad signal as HOPITINTO and BODERLINE.pls how would you advise i proceed with respect to retracking the arc with the jack? My CRTV ,DSTV,HITV on ASTRA,EUTELSAT W4 are all at 93percent strength. so would you still say my dish has shifted? thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2009
@donald303,
Most foreign made motorised dishes (of good quality) like COMSTAR, STRONG, EUROSTAR, etc hardly shift even in severe winds. Once they're installed, they maintain their tilt and elevation unless someone goes to physically tamper with the setup bolts. What normally happens is the jack may miscount making you to miss some positions or they may not have high signal strenght like before. What you can do to remedy is just to finetune up or down. Go to your decoder menu and enter manual scan. Select a known frequency for a particular satellite and track up and down. When you get to the point of maximum signal save it in your positioner. That will be your new position for that satellite. Personally to retrack I normally start from the east and save as I go up to the west.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ George D

Longest time, i will like to no if i can receive this birds on 1.8m dish here in akowonjo lagos, arabsat 2b, nilesat, eutelsat w6, w2 and nss 7 ku-band and c-band all on motorised. and i want to use both ku-band and c-band on the dish.

wishing all members in the house "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year in Advance"
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2009
if any one can help me the t.p of the new silver bird freq and the sy rate,pls am waiting someone help me out,some help me plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2009
@sunnymavis

on which bird?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ george baba,

i totally agree with you on that RF of a thing, but how is gonna be possible linking all RF outputs from the 14 decoders so as to have a single output, cos that is where i think my only challenge is coming from.
awaiting your reply.

@ badaru,
i dont want my employer to feel uncomfortable towards me if i proffer that suggestion, am still trying to explain how it is still possible to browse for free on my PC for now, i dont wanna add that to it again ooooooooooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2009
George,

the 45dB signal booster you made mentioned of, at which particular location should that be installed. Cos based on my observation, i think one of such device is already in place in the Data Room. Try look at those pictures i posted yesterday for clarification. Cos with the distance all those cables have traveled to their respective destination with the sharp clarity they still hold at those places i believe a signal booster has been put in place. am awaiting for my above question on combining all the 14 RF outputs into a single output (Multiplex/De-Multiplex System)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jesude: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2009
Happy Xmas and New year in Advance to all members of this family
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2009
enitan2002:

@ badaru,
i dont want my employer to feel uncomfortable towards me if i proffer that suggestion, am still trying to explain how it is still possible to browse for free on my PC for now, i dont wanna add that to it again ooooooooooo.

I think George_D is right that as this is a corporate organisation, it is better to do things correctly and as 'legally' as possible.

Meawhile happy Christmas and prosperous new year to all. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
BABA ENIGMA<

how far nah? longest time, i don miss u like man dey miss t*t*, how can you be of help to my request of combining 14 RF outputs as a single output
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2009
Enitan, how now; yes, long time --- I have just been preoccupied and have only visited very very occasionally and for a few minutes.

As far as your project: i will check some more with experts in that particular side and get back to you. From what I know, the way they do such projects is by using something called a "quattro" LNB (quite different from a quad) with a multi-switch and through these you can feed several receivers. This is common here for blocks of flats or for hotels and things like that. As i said if I get any better ideas, I will come back and post.

PS
You can also google 'integrated reception system'. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2009
Quattro LNB

The quattro LNB provides four outputs, each with a single band/polarization specific to that output.  The band/polarization available at each output is fixed at the time of manufacture.  It is not possible to switch the band/polarization with a tone or switching voltage.

A quattro LNB is normally used to feed a large distribution system.  A single dish with a quattro LNB fitted and a multiswitch (or IRS) is able to feed anything between 4 and 100 locations. The multiswitch (or IRS) is able to provide any of the input signals at each output, depending on a tone/voltage sent up the cable by the receiver at each location.  It's as though the receiver at each location has it's own dedicated LNB.

The outputs on a multiswitch (or IRS) are able to be controlled with a 22Hz tone and switching voltages in the same way that the outputs from normal universal LNB can be, i.e. to change band and polarisation.  The satellite receivers in each of the locations behave as though they are connected to their own dedicated dish and LNB, but in reality are just connected to a multiswitch (or IRS) output.

Quattro LNBs are considered to have a better lifetime than quad LNBs as they are not being continually switched.

From: http://www.xtendedplay.co.uk/techtip-quatro-quad-lnb-differences.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sikadicius: 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
Merry X'mas guys - well - too bad most of my questions don't get answered here - remember- which channels show NBA? Well - for my Nigerian friends - who can hook me up with TRENDTV - I wanna subscribe to NBA tv - so please help a brother out - do they sell their cards only - I inquired here in ghana and somebody told me it's gonna cost me $120 just for the card - how true is this - let me know - thanks - Good work - keep up!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2009
Guys any new station on any bird pls.am proud to say that am beta dan ma installer because of this forum u guys r d best,am wishin u guys a merry xmas and a prosperous new year,and longlife to Fta my pray wil get Holywoodtv,epltv,musictv,nolywood and more in 2010.sumbody say amen to dat luv u guys.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2009
@george,pit,enitan,badaru &all

i want to install a  paytv(hi &dstv) & a fta for a single room relaxation center.My clients however,want the fta channels to be networked to another 3 rooms.i plan using one 90cm dish with a composite lnb 4 d two paytv but where i'm stuck is connecting the other 90cm(for the fta channels) to the relaxation room & the other 3rooms considering the fact dat d relaxation rooms & d 3 adjacent rooms are like 40m apart. the 4 rooms connectd 2 d fta setup wil have just 1 decoder controlling them meaning dey can only view 1 fta channel at a time, i nid u men's expert analysis of how i can handle this & stil maximize cost
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2009
Hello.
I am asking for any birth pls but just tell me me the position, may be c band or ku band let me the degree.
Thanks i will be waiting stay bless.
sunny
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2009
microgiant
you are dead right. You do not have to trade words with me. It is obvious however, that you have failed to grasp the import of my post. Whatever standard you choose to apply, apply it even handedly. Oh and a word about opinions, they are like a*** h****, everybody has one and it stinks.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 12:20am On Dec 24, 2009
@ oga george - d
@ pito baba,
is d 45db spliter same/ known/ called arcad.
@ all,
was cleanin a old house & i stumbled on supermax LT2070 wide band tuner. It has diseqc1.0 display,lnb input A & B, av slots, rf suckets.
Pls does any1 knows dis box & wat its used for. Is d reciever stil useful ?,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 12:47am On Dec 24, 2009
Please vote in this poll. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=370995.0
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 24, 2009
@ Oga ty- the stuff go bring money?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 5:44am On Dec 24, 2009
@ george, enitan,all, pls i want to know the price of card splicter. I need one an in urgency. GOD BLESS EVERY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. Merry xmas and new year in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mide2008(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2009
@enitan
From my experience of such set up which involves to 10 channels for an hotel, i think this is what you should do. Get two 8 waysplitter and one 2 way splitter. Connect all the 14 receivers to the splitter as advice by George by chosing different RF output for each. Dont forget that the two 8 waysplitters will give you sixteen input and two output. Connect the first 8 receivers to one of the two splitters and the remaining six receivers to the other splitter. The output coming from the two splitters will now go into the 2 way splitter thereby giving one output which will go into the 45db signal booster and then to the various offices. This is how i did mine and all ten channels works perfectly in all the rooms.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2009
@ mide,
may your firstborn never resemble your landlord, may you drink palmwine and never choke you for throat.

thanks for that advice, but i will like to ask the type of cable that will be coming from the decoder to those splitters you madementioned of. Is it from the RF coonector of the decoder or from the Co-axial (F-connector node) from the decoder?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 11:40am On Dec 24, 2009
@Sikadiciuos,

sikadicius:

Merry X'mas guys - well - too bad most of my questions don't get answered here - remember- which channels show NBA? Well - for my Nigerian friends - who can hook me up with TRENDTV - I wanna subscribe to NBA tv  - so please help a brother out - do they sell their cards only - I inquired here in ghana and somebody told me it's gonna cost me $120 just for the card - how true is this - let me know - thanks - Good work - keep up!!!

Here is a trend tv contact in GH   0244511571.Hope this helps
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by isomadtech(m): 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2009
Merry Xmas and Happy new year to all fters. Good and wonderful things will not leave us all. Continue the good works.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2009
all.
Merry Xmas and a happy 2010 to everybody.May we continue to be the hunters and not the hunted.May we hunt down as many birds as we can.I hope you are all preparing for the nations and world cups.I miss you all in this snowy country.

Enigma,
it is nice to see you are still available on this forum.i felt really bad when you didnt reply my messages on this forum and your mailbox.i need to discuss fta in the uk with you.pls get in touch.i would have visited you when i was touring the country on my arrival but i didnt know your addy!pls check your mailbox.cheers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2009
Hello.Segunfms

I am asking for any of it pls but just tell me the position, may be c band or ku band let me know the degree.Silvelbird
Thanks i will be waiting stay bless.
sunny
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ tox,
first and foremost, i never made mentioned of selling  free bowsing techinques to peeps in here, far be it from me. Peeps in here are well too comfortable to pay for everyone on this forum access to the internet.
Second, being in the IT division, i was called upon to give solutions on how the present setup might be modified to give best satisfaction to customers. I never have the intention of selling FTA splitting cards to them, it was only badaru that brought out that suggestion.

And am still waiting for your action on what we discussed on the chat.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2009
enitan2002:

@ george baba,

i totally agree with you on that RF of a thing, but how is gonna be possible linking all RF outputs from the 14 decoders so as to have a single output, cos that is where i think my only challenge is coming from.
awaiting your reply.

@enitan,
So sorry I couldn't get back to you on time. I been busy running around for the yuletide and no time to come online.

Your set up should be pretty straight forward since your using DSTV decoders. First of all, try and gather all the decoders in one central place (which of course is most likely the control room). Run the cable from the dish to one of the decoders (which we will regard as the master). Check the back of the decoders carefully. Each should have one LNB in port and one LNB out port. Cut and prepare several short lenghts rg6 cables complete with f-connectors. You will need them to loop out signals from the master decoder to the others. Now start the looping. Connect the lnb out of the first decoder (the master) to the lnb in port of the second and connect the lnb out port of the second to the lnb in port of the third using those rg6 cables with f-connectors you have prepared. Continue until the 14th decoder. Next you will need to loop the rf inputs and outputs together. Prepare another set of rg6 cables with f-connectors at both ends. Now start: Connect the rf out of the first decoder (master) to the rf in port of the second and connect the rf out port of the second decoder to the rf in port of the third. Continue that way until you get to the 14th decoder. Now connect the rf out of the 14th (last) decoder to the 45db signal booster. From the signal booster you can output to a 4 or 8-way splitter and distribute to the offices as required.

That is the physical set up. Now, you will then proceed to seperate the channels as I earlier told you by entering the decoder menu and going to the set up screen. Try and use an av cable for convienience. You can go from one decoder to the other as you seperate the channels.

Lastly, remember to turn off lnb power in at least 10 of the decoders. Reason being that if you leave lnb power on in all 14 decoders, the LV/HV current passing from the decoders to the lnb will overload the lnb and cause frequent blowing out of the lnb. Thus you will need to replace lnbs every other month. Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2009
@pofolo,
The 45db signal booster is a line amplifier not a splitter. Yes, we have the original ALCAD model and we have other brands too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2009
segunfms:

@ George D

Longest time, i will like to no if i can receive this birds on 1.8m dish here in akowonjo lagos, arabsat 2b, nilesat, eutelsat w6, w2 and nss 7 ku-band and c-band all on motorised. and i want to use both ku-band and c-band on the dish.

wishing all members in the house "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year in Advance"

@segunfms,
You can recieve arabsat 2b, eutelsat w6 and nss 7/k with your 1.8m dish but it will be very hard tracking nilesat with 1.8m in lagos. adewest did it in season 2 but none of the h transponders were stable. Your best bet is to use a 2.4m dish or better still get a 3.0m fibre dish for nilesat. Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.