Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,062 members, 7,845,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249878 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ george,
thanks so much for that, but i will also like to state what i have seen so far. The schematic layout of the design plan for this setup is not available, so there is no way for me to figure out how those decoders are interconnected together, the only way to do that is to dismantle everything here, and that will lead to downtime which i have to avoid.

The 14 decoders have their separate smart cards in them in total, with the present setup layout, i cant seem to get any connection from the RF outputs of all the 14 decoders, the only thing i could see all those 14 decoders have is that they have a device that allows AV cable input and RF ouput, the 14 decoders have these same devices put in place. It converts video being channeld from Av to RF to TVs that are in various destinations cos the TVs AV cables can never get to the communications room.

I will still need to find time and 'scatter' the whole setup and start from the scratch.

But with the connection you proposed above, is that gonna work with all the 14 decoders with their 14 smart cards? and so if its gonna work, the at least 10 deocders you said i should put off their lnb power, how will those 10 decoders get signal if that is turned off?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2009
Enitan,
are you satisfied now?my advice was in good faith please.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ tox,
wetin dat one come mean? No let me take my anger of being at work now instead of enjoying holiday at you oooooooo. I said modify not total delete and i didnt ask for a feedback when u must have done that.

Its even been a long time since words have been traded here. TOX, do u care if we start one now?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2009
@enitan,
As long a those you mentioned are DSTV decoders they definitely should have an rf in and rf out port. Just remove those AV cables and use the rf ports to interconnect them. As for down time, I'm pretty confident you can wrap up that job under 4 hours. Just get all your RG6 cables spliced and the f-connectors properly fitted. Get the booster handy and your good to go.
As for the smart cards, they have nothing to do with the looping. Each decoder should be able to select channels independent of the other.
Why you need to turn LNB power off is because each single LNB has maximum current it can handle. And remember that each (single) lnb was originally designed to work with only one dish and one decoder. So, looping multiple decoders on one single LNB will overload the lnb inless you turn power off in a few of them.
How will those 10 decoders get signal if that is turned off? It's simple. The master decoder recieves signal from the dish and in turn feeds the other slave decoders through the lnb loopout port, so no need for each of them to have seperate lnb power.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2009
@all, complements of d season 2 d great minds on dis great forum. @badaru, for as long as I live i remain seriously indebted 2u for opening my eyes and mind 2 c wat an ordinary eyes can not c in this our hobby of fta. nex yr wil b superb!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ george,

i think i will try and sort that out during a night shift period, the downtime at that period wont be noticed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2009
borderline:

@george,pit,enitan,badaru &all

i want to install a paytv(hi &dstv) & a fta for a single room relaxation center.My clients however,want the fta channels to be networked to another 3 rooms.i plan using one 90cm dish with a composite lnb 4 d two paytv but where i'm stuck is connecting the other 90cm(for the fta channels) to the relaxation room & the other 3rooms considering the fact dat d relaxation rooms & d 3 adjacent rooms are like 40m apart. the 4 rooms connectd 2 d fta setup wil have just 1 decoder controlling them meaning dey can only view 1 fta channel at a time, i nid u men's expert analysis of how i can handle this & stil maximize cost

@borderline,
You need not be confused at all. Since your using two 90cm dishes, connect the output of the first 90cm to the dsvt/hitv decoders and connect the output of the FTA dish to a strong decoder. Connect the rf out port of the strong (fta) decoder to a signal booster like ALCAD and use a 4-way splitter to run the rg6 cable from the booster output in the relaxation centre to each of the 4 rooms.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ussals(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ll i am a new member in this forum i will like somebody to help me by giving me information on how to track 2m signal, the tp and their symbol rate. and if there is any website i can see their schedule. pls. some1help. thanks complement of the season.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ ussals, check previous posts for the tp & symbol rate.u can get 2m schedule @ www.2m.tv.remember to use translate.google.com as ur search engine cuz their site isn't in English.enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ all,
merry xmas.,
@ george-d,
thanx baba, u too much o o o o, May dis wisdom neva run dry ! ! !.
@ eni,
george don talk am finish. Try 'scatter' d formal setup,if not, u mite end up doin double work. Once had d xperience wen i go fix similar tin 4 dat big hotel wey dey ring road. If need b, i 4 like com assist foc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2009
@ all please i am so sorry for the 2m misunderstanding.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2009
Pls george advice.A friend saw fta channels in my place&interested in news channels only which can be gotten on nss7c band(cnn,france24)&pas 10c band(aljazerer).But the challenge is wanting to use 90cm with c band lnbf here in lagos.Can he succeed by receiving either of the 3news channels?

thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 24, 2009
@toba,
Your friend will need at least 1.8m pan or fibre to recieve those cband channels you mentioned. Please encourage him to go higher to 1.8m. That 90cm you mentioned won't cut it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2009
George,pofolo is there any movie station i can get on ma mesh dish.pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2009
George,pofolo is there any movie station i can get on ma mesh dish.pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mide2008(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2009
enitan2002:

@ mide,
may your firstborn never resemble your landlord, may you drink palmwine and never choke you for throat.

thanks for that advice, but i will like to ask the type of cable that will be coming from the decoder to those splitters you madementioned of. Is it from the RF coonector of the decoder or from the Co-axial (F-connector node) from the decoder?
@enitan
RF connector of the decoder to those splitters. Each decoder will be assigned an RF channel before been loop to the splitters. It is better you dismantle their set up for you to achieve success.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2009
@george
u ar d bomb!!!
just 2 tap frm enitan's project,i'm sure strong decoders can be usd 2 achieve the same goal as d dstv decoder,but at d back of d strong decoder i av,i can only d 'RF OUT PORT' & d 'TV ANT IN PORT',so when u talk of looping d rf inputs & d rf outputs together,wil d 'TV ANT IN' PORT be the RF INPUT port u mentioned?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2009
@enitan
eni,ar u thru wit d camping & dispatch for service?
i suppose u ar in stil in town
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 12:29am On Dec 25, 2009
@all.% MERY CHRISTMAS %
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by babaegun(m): 5:38am On Dec 25, 2009
Merry Xmas guys
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by babaegun(m): 5:38am On Dec 25, 2009
Merry Xmas guys
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2009
@ all,
MERRY XMAS.
@ toba,
oga george don yan u d koko. But if ur friend stil want dose news station , eg , bbc & aljazeera on fta,then it wunt b for 24 hrs & it wunt b c-band.
He can get the stations discretely on tvm on w3a 90cm dish & bbc, aljazeera on crtv on astrab 60cm dish,both on ku-band.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2009
@ bordline, yeah am done with the clarion call, have been in Lagos and always remain in Lagos.

Badaru, happy birthday to u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 10:45am On Dec 25, 2009
@ enitan

Do you require each receiver to be able to access all channels available from the dish at any time? If so, one problem you might have with a loop-through arrangement is that -- if the master receiver is tuned to one polarity e.g. V, then the other receivers will only be able to receive channels from that same (e.g. V) polarity.

I know that the quattro-multiswitch arrangement may be more expensive and I don't know if you can get a quattro LNB in Nigeria, but that arrangement is much neater, not to say safer, and each receiver will operate independently as if it is connected to its own dish and LNB.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2009
Enigma:

@ enitan

Do you require each receiver to be able to access all channels available from the dish at any time? If so, one problem you might have with a loop-through arrangement is that -- if the master receiver is tuned to one polarity e.g. V, then the other receivers will only be able to receive channels from that same (e.g. V) polarity.

I know that the quattro-multiswitch arrangement may be more expensive and I don't know if you can get a quattro LNB in Nigeria, but that arrangement is much neater, not to say safer, and each receiver will operate independently as if it is connected to its own dish and LNB.

that should do it bro
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2009
Merry Xmas to all and warm birthday wish to Badaru, may your days be long!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2009
Merry x'mas everyone.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2009
Hello.some help me out

I am asking for any of it pls but just tell me the position, may be c band or ku band let me know the degree.Silvelbird
Thanks i will be waiting stay bless.
sunny
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2009
nss10 @37.5west  fr3775v  sr1795 hard frequency silverbird good luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2009
@all i would like to edge everyone to blind scan especially whose who have it. I have realised that the new mpeg4 4669x is currently the best blind scan ever as i discovered that the famous RDV is on w6 bird ie where 2m is but it is Biss.i blind scan 4663x but did not get it.Pls those with such decoders check it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2009
@ enigma, what i noticed about operators on satellite is that for a particular location they are no matter the number of frequencies, they still try and maintain the same polarity. Check out dstv on eutelsat w4 they are on the horizontal polarity. So, with what you said, i think am covered to some extent for the reason i just mentioned. One thing i noticed about the dstv decoder is that it has no lnb output port, how can i achieve that looping out?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2009
[color=][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.