Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39441 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by EzeeYFB(m): 12:09am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!
EFCC loading....
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 12:13am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Whether it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
My brother you understand jare
iPhone is the most responsive phone
The interface
The music
The apps
The camera
The apps
The responsiveness
The browser
The everything
I shoot videos and edit,because of the iMovie I
I downloaded mistakenly
I have led Zeppelin and Bon jovi albums abs the best 80's tracks on my phone without scouring the torrents
Or is it xender
Haba of all the phones I've used
(Nokia, bb, techno, htc)
iPhone na boss

5 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by EzeeYFB(m): 12:13am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Whether it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
Infinix really doesn't have nice camera features like d Gionee. Battery life is really good too. But like you said if one can afford the high end phones just go for it
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 12:30am On Sep 04, 2016
Annalise:

Please can you explain this? What if I buy someone's used macbook?
iTunes is synced to specific Apple IDs
To use another iTunes is to lose all data and start from scratch( only for songs, pictures and tones)
But the people here don't do research
You can transfer songs with media monkey
You can exchange apps with iTools
Apple is cool but don't be miserly with data
Ps Siri calls me daddy

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 12:34am On Sep 04, 2016
mayorjosh:

Please how did you get the Spotify on your iPhone cos I can't find it in the AppStore and does it play offline...am tired of streaming songs
Have tried you Apple Music

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 04, 2016
EzeeYFB:
Infinix really doesn't have nice camera features like d Gionee. Battery life is really good too. But like you said if one can afford the high end phones just go for it

Yea right. Battery life of the hot s has been pretty impressive. Lasts a whole day of moderate to heavy use and I normal still have like 30-40% by 9pm. I charge my s6 3 times a day lol.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Esdb3: 12:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

The question I want to ask you is "What is the difference between using iPhone in Nigeria and using it abroad"? With due respect, you are very local.
that you don't know the difference shows you are the un-informed irritating ostentatious person who spends money for no other purpose than to show off. Offence meant!

There are so many reasons why it is not suited to this country. 1. Is the inability to buy it on contract like most people in America do. There are so many features on the phone that you can't use here like there. You certainly can't play pokemon Go on it in Nigeria. How many Nigerians care about cloud storage to use the feature on ios. The i-phone needs you to constantly use data. Over there they have a lot of wifis around so your phone is mostly connected to the internet through wifi and mobile data is cheaper and there is also rarely cases of poor reception in the metropolis.

It is easier to download paid apps there and apple certainly didn't make i-phones to be 'charged and used' like we do here. Having an i-phone doesn't make you international you giant Arrow. It is just a device like the infinix or gionee. The fact that it is over-priced, doesn't mean it is better. The blackberry porsche is one over-priced bullshit and it is bullshit.

I-phones were not built for your poverty stricken under-developed country. I mean have you seen the ratings of your surfing speed in the world? American averages 15mb south korea is on another level. The entire africa can't boast of an average of 2mb. That in my lingo is defined as shittt! And shittts don't get good things. Don't get me wrong the i-phone is shitty but doesn't mean it is meant for your shitttty third world! It is an expensive shitttt! And that song was sung by one of your shittty artist in your shiittt filled music industry.

Finally in a country and continent where HBO doesn't have a channel, where Show time doesn't give 0.5 fucccks about setting up a channel, it is going to be hard for you to watch your favourite tv shows! You'll need a phone that can download them. Guess which phone is best for that...... Not the i-phone! To watch ur series you'd have to get and android or any other, download the series then download i-tunes onto ur laptop(god help you if you don't have one) and then transfer the videos there before u can watch on ur i-phone.... I'm sure apple wasn't making the device to make life impossible for people.

Think before you run your fingers!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Esdb3: 12:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

Thats just the truth. The dollar has made buying a flagship phone an almost unwise venture. Buying a mobile phone for almost 300,000 to me is not wise.

Just imagine your Galaxy Note 7 of 400,000 catching fire cheesy

You can consider S6 edge plus. Its battery is much better than the regular S6

That is why I asked you to think before running your fingers! The Note 7 has started exploding in people's pockets. It's the tech news that made rounds yesterday. An over expensive phone which is the good one in your opinion.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Immorttal: 1:18am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!
how is this even possible.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by pressplay55: 2:23am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

Try gionee m5 n tank me later
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 04, 2016
pressplay55:

Try gionee m5 n tank me later

The only thing m5 got is battery and hot s lasts a full day which is enough. Same 1.3ghz mediatek processor, same 2gb of ram, same fugly 720p display. Sorry I can't choose that hefty ugly looking m5 for anything. To say it is even more expensive and it lacks a fingerprint scanner.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Immorttal:
how is this even possible.

Just change ur app store to USA. It is very simple. Go to settings, under iTunes and app store, click ur acct, enter ur password change region. Shikena
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:54am On Sep 04, 2016
EzeeYFB:
EFCC loading....

Who be EFFC?, their fada, sorry their dad! grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:56am On Sep 04, 2016
youngice:

iTunes is synced to specific Apple IDs
To use another iTunes is to lose all data and start from scratch( only for songs, pictures and tones)
But the people here don't do research
You can transfer songs with media monkey
You can exchange apps with iTools
Apple is cool but don't be miserly with data
Ps Siri calls me daddy

Meet a more intelligent, interactive and responsive siri in iOS 10.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:06am On Sep 04, 2016
Esdb3:
that you don't know the difference shows you are the un-informed irritating ostentatious person who spends money for no other purpose than to show off. Offence meant!

There are so many reasons why it is not suited to this country. 1. Is the inability to buy it on contract like most people in America do. There are so many features on the phone that you can't use here like there. You certainly can't play pokemon Go on it in Nigeria. How many Nigerians care about cloud storage to use the feature on ios. The i-phone needs you to constantly use data. Over there they have a lot of wifis around so your phone is mostly connected to the internet through wifi and mobile data is cheaper and there is also rarely cases of poor reception in the metropolis.

It is easier to download paid apps there and apple certainly didn't make i-phones to be 'charged and used' like we do here. Having an i-phone doesn't make you international you giant Arrow. It is just a device like the infinix or gionee. The fact that it is over-priced, doesn't mean it is better. The blackberry porsche is one over-priced bullshit and it is bullshit.

I-phones were not built for your poverty stricken under-developed country. I mean have you seen the ratings of your surfing speed in the world? American averages 15mb south korea is on another level. The entire africa can't boast of an average of 2mb. That in my lingo is defined as shittt! And shittts don't get good things. Don't get me wrong the i-phone is shitty but doesn't mean it is meant for your shitttty third world! It is an expensive shitttt! And that song was sung by one of your shittty artist in your shiittt filled music industry.

Finally in a country and continent where HBO doesn't have a channel, where Show time doesn't give 0.5 fucccks about setting up a channel, it is going to be hard for you to watch your favourite tv shows! You'll need a phone that can download them. Guess which phone is best for that...... Not the i-phone! To watch ur series you'd have to get and android or any other, download the series then download i-tunes onto ur laptop(god help you if you don't have one) and then transfer the videos there before u can watch on ur i-phone.... I'm sure apple wasn't making the device to make life impossible for people.

Think before you run your fingers!!!!!!

This is an abysmal display of idiocy. You have been caged!!! I feel sorry for you.

So in your deluded mind all American citizens buy phones on contract? The iPhone is not meant for Nigeria but the Galaxy Note 7 of around 430k is right? You have an appalling hate and disdain for iPhone, your mind is already eroded with poverty and you will go to any length to kidnap any successful person around you because you hate success. You belong to the same class of people that see the iPhone as a god-phone so how can I help you now? You come here to type without any reasoning at all. All your arguments were dead on arrival and I could easily knock you out without breaking a sweat. You should know better than to trade words with me because naturally I'm a slayer! That is actually not the point, I would have loved to educate you but you are too jumpy, you know nothing yet you are obtrusively boisterous. I weep at your ignorance, so Pokémon go is meant for only iOS right? Oh yes, Pokémon go is the only game available in the AppStore, and yes all Americans must play Pokémon go as a condition to use the iPhone.....You seem to think everyone has a wretched mind like you that is why you will say data is not affordable in Nigeria. I am on an unlimited data plan so I enjoy my iDevice to the fullest and I expect anyone trying to purchase such device to know that it is data hungry. No matter how you try not everyone will buy the Tecno or Infinix phones, not everyone will buy the Samsung, likewise not everyone will buy the iPhone. Your reasoning is so low and you think you can speak for every of the 150 million Nigerians. Quit the show of folly and grab a seat to learn bro. Believe me, you know nada. You are obscured and trapped in ignorance, people like you have low self esteem and suffer from a high level of inferiority complex and your post has vindicated me.

Just yesterday I streamed a 2hr movie from beginning to the end with absolutely no lagging at all, like I said you are only limited by what you know, you are still tied to your past and you have refused to grow with time and realise that we have 4G LTE networks in Nigeria already. It is purely a matter of affordability. No one is forcing you to use an iPhone so why are you hyperventilating just to make a pointless argument. Hit the market and pick the phone of your choice, who gives a rats ass what you think, you don't even exist in the world of forward thinkers because you are so fvcking backward! Easier to download paid apps my foot.....what is the limiting factor for downloads? Does the Internet differentiate paid apps from freewares. Guy go back and equip yourself the more then come back and face me. You know you already self destruct with all this your fallacious brouhaha. You are just a noise maker and an angry wretch. Don't bite me Niggār, bite your government. I ain't gat nothing to do with this shïït.

Top celebrities in Hollywood endorse the iPhone, so who are you to call it a shiitty device. The most celebrated OAPs in America love the iPhone, the top musicians in the US use the iPhone, so who cares what Nigerian artistes think anyway. The Opulent and high net worth individuals around the world even go a step further to customise the iPhone and add an extra layer of luxury by adding external finishes to it like gold plating or diamond encrusting. A gold plated iPhone 6 with Swarovski or VS1 diamond crystals will cost upwards of $7,000, that is beyond you!!! Some people will ONLY buy the iPhone with those peripherals embedded.

To watch series you'd have to get an Android? Which planet are you from? Most TV sitcoms are available on the go with your iPhone and I just told you that yesterday I downloaded the entire Narcos season. Somehowpee watches the entire GOT series with his iPhone, Netflix is everywhere already, Showbox is your friend bro, who cares about HBO! You are one of those individuals who think the iPhone cannot exist without iTunes sync but meTellyu bro, hell NO!!! You obviously have not been following this thread, you just jumped into the argument from nowhere like a junkie that is high on morphine. Get a sit, sit calmly and learn and stop barking around like a starved Rottweiler!!!

I'm out onto the next one!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by jmichlins(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

The only thing m5 got is battery and hot s lasts a full day which is enough. Same 1.3ghz mediatek processor, same 2gb of ram, same fugly 720p display. Sorry I can't choose that hefty ugly looking m5 for anything. To say it is even more expensive and it lacks a fingerprint scanner.
oga me i still dey on your tail not to disturb but to ask for the only thing I don dey ask since. If you change and upgrade to the iPhone 7 or Samsung S7 edge please dash me your infinix or any other phone you no longer have use for thanks and good morning
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Dam5reey(m): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

Just change ur app store to USA. It is very simple. Go to settings, under iTunes and app store, click ur acct, enter ur password change region. Shikena

This just clarify the whole arguments.. Iphone is not 100% effective in Nigeria...

This is tweaking... you guys kept painting it as if it is just normal... USA region has better apps that Nigeria region store ... That's what we want to know why...?

Even if you change region.. then you still have to tweak IP address to US

We snapped some pictures yesterday using someone else's Iphone but we can collect the raw pictures immediately... Annoying jare....

There's freedom of sharing in Nigeria this is not US.. with copyright law grin

Even with my Android, I was in Cyprus for some days i can tell you most of my Nigerian App kept saying not available in this region

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by RitzyPrince(m): 7:33am On Sep 04, 2016
Phonefanatic:

I used iPhone 3GS to iPhone 6 so don't think I'm doubting without facts..... So tell me how do you backup before jailbreak without iTunes on PC grin
it isn't a must to backup before jailbreak, is it?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Immorttal: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

thats informative. Thanks.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by perryy(m): 7:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Ssalk:

So not to used iPhone is cos of poverty? You are one of the kid on nairaland am talking about. Someone like me is counting how many house I have own not like you still rating iPhone users as rich people. By the way if u read my post very well u will see I pay people bills that uses Iphones. So wake up kid and face reality. Dumb kid.

He is really a yahoo kid. I got to ikeja to get an iPhone 6s plus only to discover I can't even download PDF file to my phone. And I was like , of what use will this phone be to me ? I quickly made some research , and I got myself a Samsung galaxy note 5 (6) , as it now turns out to be , ever since that purchase, I realised I haven't used a good phone all my life . No lag, no over heating, no rebooting , in fact , everything is smooth . Only the poor thinks that buying an iPhone is a mark of prosperity . I can buy yen iPhones without looking back, but of what use are they to me when I cant even get the number thing I use smartphone for from it ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Silentnoise(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2016
Dude, calm down.. It's crazy when people look @ the Chinese manufacturers with contempt forgetting they produce based on what you pay for.. Have you used a xiaomi? One plus? Huawei? I doubt that.. One plus three right now has one of the best cameras in the game..
greenhulk:

Bros I just say make I try am no oh. Plus I need a second phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 as it won't be announced until Sept 7th and might not get to Nigeria until month end or even October. Imagine someone has the guts to compare a Camon c9 camera to that of s6... What an insult. Guy come see camera na, e be like camera wet dey for galaxy s2 lol. Even s3 camera is better. Some people will say it's hate but now that I have used it I can guarantee u all these Chinese phones are trash. Come see super dupa lagging when typing lol. Phone wet I just buy 3 days ago but then if someone has never used a high end phone he might not notice these shortcomings.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by perryy(m): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

This is an abysmal display of idiocy. You have been caged!!! I feel sorry for you.

So in your deluded mind all American citizens buy phones on contract? The iPhone is not meant for Nigeria but the Galaxy Note 7 of around 430k is right? You have an appalling hate and disdain for iPhone, your mind is already eroded with poverty and you will go to any length to kidnap any successful person around you because you hate success. You belong to the same class of people that see the iPhone as a god-phone so how can I help you now? You come here to type without any reasoning at all. All your arguments were dead on arrival and I could easily knock you out without breaking a sweat. You should know better than to trade words with me because naturally I'm a slayer! That is actually not the point, I would have loved to educate you but you are too jumpy, you know nothing yet you are obtrusively boisterous. I weep at your ignorance, so Pokémon go is meant for only iOS right? Oh yes, Pokémon go is the only game available in the AppStore, and yes all Americans must play Pokémon go as a condition to use the iPhone.....You seem to think everyone has a wretched mind like you that is why you will say data is not affordable in Nigeria. I am on an unlimited data plan so I enjoy my iDevice to the fullest and I expect anyone trying to purchase such device to know that it is data hungry. No matter how you try not everyone will buy the Tecno or Infinix phones, not everyone will buy the Samsung, likewise not everyone will buy the iPhone. Your reasoning is so low and you think you can speak for every of the 150 million Nigerians. Quit the show of folly and grab a seat to learn bro. Believe me, you know nada. You are obscured and trapped in ignorance, people like you have low self esteem and suffer from a high level of inferiority complex and your post has vindicated me.

Just yesterday I streamed a 2hr movie from beginning to the end with absolutely no lagging at all, like I said you are only limited by what you know, you are still tied to your past and you have refused to grow with time and realise that we have 4G LTE networks in Nigeria already. It is purely a matter of affordability. No one is forcing you to use an iPhone so why are you hyperventilating just to make a pointless argument. Hit the market and pick the phone of your choice, who gives a rats ass what you think, you don't even exist in the world of forward thinkers because you are so fvcking backward! Easier to download paid apps my foot.....what is the limiting factor for downloads? Does the Internet differentiate paid apps from freewares. Guy go back and equip yourself the more then come back and face me. You know you already self destruct with all this your fallacious brouhaha. You are just a noise maker and an angry wretch. Don't bite me Niggār, bite your government. I ain't gat nothing to do with this shïït.

Top celebrities in Hollywood endorse the iPhone, so who are you to call it a shiitty device. The most celebrated OAPs in America love the iPhone, the top musicians in the US use the iPhone, so who cares what Nigerian artistes think anyway. The Opulent and high net worth individuals around the world even go a step further to customise the iPhone and add an extra layer of luxury by adding external finishes to it like gold plating or diamond encrusting. A gold plated iPhone 6 with Swarovski or VS1 diamond crystals will cost upwards of $7,000, that is beyond you!!! Some people will ONLY buy the iPhone with those peripherals embedded.

To watch series you'd have to get an Android? Which planet are you from? Most TV sitcoms are available on the go with your iPhone and I just told you that yesterday I downloaded the entire Narcos season. Somehowpee watches the entire GOT series with his iPhone, Netflix is everywhere already, Showbox is your friend bro, who cares about HBO! You are one of those individuals who think the iPhone cannot exist without iTunes sync but meTellyu bro, hell NO!!! You obviously have not been following this thread, you just jumped into the argument from nowhere like a junkie that is high on morphine. Get a sit, sit calmly and learn and stop barking around like a starved Rottweiler!!!

Hello oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You talk like a kid , I must say. Even your complex, wether inferiority or superiority, is worse than the guy you attacked . For example, I don't use an iPhone, does that make me poor? Haha haha! Whoever can afford a Samsung galaxy note 5, 7 or s6 , s6 edge can afford an iPhone of any iteration . But only those who buy things based on rationalism and not just to belong , will always take those Samsung Galaxy over the iPhone. That most Hollywood stars use iPhone is just marketing strategy that was created by late Steve Jobsand most of those stars got the phones free of charge and they are to show them off anywhere. That is a huge way to advertise boy. If you watch closely, Samsung has adopted the same strategy and that is why they are leapfrogging iPhones in sales now; though Samsung usually produce better devices . Yoh can't compare Samsung's super AMOLED screen with the iPhones shitty LCD screen . Can you? My wife has an iPhone 6s and I use a note 5 but she wathes movies on my phone. If the iPhone 7 s didn't offer any change in screen, she will switch over to Samsung and that will be s7 edge .

So, stop seeing people who criticize apple for charging premium price for a not-too-good device as poor wretched people . What is LCD doing in a phone in 2016? Why a meagre 2gb of ram? I know iOS is light unlike Android, yet there has to be some underground apps storage for the iOS to use multiple apps, and that is where Android kills the iOS when it comes to multitasking . Google is your friend .

4 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by somehowpenis(m): 8:19am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

Chisos shocked grin. Killer punch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Babycherry(f): 8:29am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

I must say those phones are pretty much expensive now that dollar keeps going up. But for what is worth I'm getting another phone by the end of the month. This hot s is super mega trash.

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2016
perryy:

Hello oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You talk like a kid , I must say. Even your complex, wether inferiority or superiority, is worse than the guy you attacked . For example, I don't use an iPhone, does that make me poor? Haha haha! Whoever can afford a Samsung galaxy note 5, 7 or s6 , s6 edge can afford an iPhone of any iteration . But only those who buy things based on rationalism and not just to belong , will always take those Samsung Galaxy over the iPhone. That most Hollywood stars use iPhone is just marketing strategy that was created by late Steve Jobsand most of those stars got the phones free of charge and they are to show them off anywhere. That is a huge way to advertise boy. If you watch closely, Samsung has adopted the same strategy and that is why they are leapfrogging iPhones in sales now; though Samsung usually produce better devices . Yoh can't compare Samsung's super AMOLED screen with the iPhones shitty LCD screen . Can you? My wife has an iPhone 6s and I use a note 5 but she wathes movies on my phone. If the iPhone 7 s didn't offer any change in screen, she will switch over to Samsung and that will be s7 edge .

So, stop seeing people who criticize apple for charging premium price for a not-too-good device as poor wretched people . What is LCD doing in a phone in 2016? Why a meagre 2gb of ram? I know iOS is light unlike Android, yet there has to be some underground apps storage for the iOS to use multiple apps, and that is where Android kills the iOS when it comes to multitasking . Google is your friend .

Thick heads will never learn and that is your basic undoing. You do not understand the rudiments involved in phone performance. You believe in RAM algorithms and processor clock speeds. You buy a phone based on the advertised capacities. You do not compare Android to iOS in any contest. Whether your wife uses iPhone 10 or you use Note 15 is your prerogative, not my bizness. The aim of this thread is to educate people that came with their pen and paper and obviously you came late so shift! You wanted to use an iPhone 6S plus when you have a poor knowledge of how iOS operates, can't you see you were trying to belong? You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the simplest thing that an iPhone can do. You obviously wanted to buy it because you see others buying it. Who dahell told you that you have to download PDFs with iOS devices? What is iBooks there for? And to nail yourself you went ahead to make research from low seekers who probably did not even know anything about iOS. Clap for yourself. Bravo you made the right choice. For the records PDF is the simplest task that the iPhone can handle because the damn phone comes bundled with iBooks which easily grabs all pdf files in sight. We keep telling you people to learn but you all will be screaming iPhone is not meant for Nigeria.

Why will a bloke just believe that buying an iPhone makes you ostentatious, when did buying a phone that pleases you become a sign of luxury? Nobody says only rich people buy iPhones, even the latest Samsung flagships are more expensive than the iPhone. But your friend went ahead to say using iPhone is a sign of show off, what do you call that? When you feel everyone using an iPhone around you is trying to oppress you. Did you even read his posts before making your clandestine remarks? People need to get a life and rid themselves of such spirits of low self esteem. We all go to the stores to buy phones that please us. I do not even use an iPhone if you must know, I prefer the iPad and that's why I got myself the fastest of the series. I intend to upgrade my current phone soonest and it's either the S7 edge or the iPhone 7. If I get the S7 edge it will be simply because of the gear VR. Some people are brain dead when it comes to rational thinking and that is purely unfortunate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by somehowpenis(m): 9:06am On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

Thick heads will never learn and that is your basic undoing. You do not understand the rudiments involved in phone performance. You believe in RAM algorithms and processor clock speeds. You buy a phone based on the advertised capacities. You do not compare Android to iOS in any contest. Whether your wife uses iPhone 10 or you use Note 15 is your prerogative, not my bizness. The aim of this thread is to educate people that came with their pen and paper and obviously you came late so shift!

Why will a bloke just believe that buying an iPhone makes you ostentatious, when did buying a phone that pleases you become a sign of luxury? Nobody says only rich people buy iPhones, even the latest Samsu g flagships are more expensive than the iPhone. But your friend went ahead to say using iPhone is a sign of show off, what do you call that? When you feel everyone using an iPhone around you is trying to oppress you. Did you even read his posts before making your clandestine remarks? People need to get Alice and rid themselves of such spirits of low self esteem. We all go to the stores to buy phones that please us. I do not even use an iPhone if you must know, I prefer the iPad and that's why I got myself the fastest of the series. Some people are brain dead when it comes to rational thinking and that is purely unfortunate.

They call us Isheeps but you forget that they are androids already programmed to run at a static and slower speed, so ignore them.. Allow them feel those using an iphone are out to oppress them, its more of a good than a bad thing.. You forget it is an online forum where anyone can even claim to be zuckerberg immediate direct cousin... grin cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 9:14am On Sep 04, 2016
somehowpenis:

They call us Isheeps but you forget that they are androids already programmed to run at a static and slower speed, so ignore them.. Allow them feel those using an iphone are out to oppress them, its more of a good than a bad thing.. You forget it is an online forum where anyone can even claim to be zuckerberg immediate direct cousin... grin cool

Abi ooo grin

The other day someone said he uses both iPhone 6 and Infinix......I said he must be Bipolar grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by hakim92(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

My budget is between 150 - 200. I can't buy s6 edge as it heats up in vr mode.... It is just the same thing as s6. As for s6 edge plus that phone is too big jare. The way it is going now I might end up buying a note 5 if I can get the 64gb version. Yes it is big but at least it's got an s pen. With dollar rate now the s7 edge will pass the 300k mark which is way too much... Wouldn't have been a problem when I was a bachelor, but now hmmm I got responsibilities.

On a side note u need to see how this Infinix hot s lags while typing. I need to close all apps before the keyboard can keep up with my typing. But surprisingly the fingerprint scanner works pretty well, on per (if not faster than) my s6.

Don't generalise, and don't lump all chinese phone together, the chinese make the best of smartphone. That's one of the reasons apple and samsung find it hard to penetrate the chinese market. Or why do you think samsung will release the note 7 with 4gig of ram for other markets and release another model with 6gig of Ram only for chineses market. Because in china phone makers are already making phones with 8gig of Ram. as matter of fact, the components and hardware of the over-hyped Iphone and other apple product like ipad and ipadmini are made in china. If you want a pretty good chinese phone go for xiaomi, hauwei, one plus, le eco, gioneE too also make some pretty good smartphone.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ibiboatais(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2016
I think it all depends on the purpose in which it was intended.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2016
MissMorayo:
I think the purpose of this Thread is clear enough,you should endeavor to communicate and not just talking. Someone like me opened this thread to see if I can gain something, Even you that claim to be in the know didn't say anything worth learning sef.
Good one there. U got my thumbs and the remaining fingers up for u.
That guy just have mouth kowai
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 04, 2016
hakim92:

Don't generalise, and don't lump all chinese phone together, the chinese make the best of smartphone. That's one of the reasons apple and samsung find it hard to penetrate the chinese market. Or why do you think samsung will release the note 7 with 4gig of ram for other markets and release another model with 6gig of Ram only for chineses market. Because in china phone makers are already making phones with 8gig of Ram. as matter of fact, the components and hardware of the over-hyped Iphone and other apple product like ipad and ipadmini are made in china. If you want a pretty good chinese phone go for xiaomi, hauwei, one plus, le eco, gioneE too also make some pretty good smartphone.

Hey relax dude, of course I know 80% of gadgets these days are made in China. I ain't generalizing, when I mean Chinese I mean the cheap mtk phones flowing around everywhere and yet some people will come to this forum and compare a tecno phone with a Samsung flagship or an iPhone. And iPhones and other apple products are not over hyped, they are products that have been carefully designed and made with precision hence why they will continue to sell in millions, I love both Android and iOS.

Oh, and point of correction.... The galaxy note 7 was released in China with the same 4gb of RAM as the ones released all over the world. Don't believe every rumors u read. And I've been saying it a good phone is not all about the amount of RAM, chip type, optimization and design are also important. What's the use of 6gb of ram on the one plus 3,? It is just marginally faster than the galaxy s7 and HTC 10 with 4gb of ram, and iPhone 6s with 2gb of ram is faster and better performer. It is not even daydream ready with its 1080p display and there's still no need for 8gb of ram on a smartphone.

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2016
For Una mind, Una de use phone. Abeg where my Nokia torch light

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.