Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39503 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by PhonePlanet(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Haba bros....we no thief anybody keyboard make dem no contribute na cheesy

In fact I don't even consider Huawei and Xiaomi China phones.....I put those two in the same range with Samsung, HTC, and Sony. Since they also use Qualcomm and Snapdragon Processors. It's those phones that use MTK chips I place as China phones.

Huawei phones are really solid. Have you seen their Ascend Mate 8?
its qualcomm snapdragon NOT qualcomm and snapdragon. qualcomm is the name of the company, snapdragon is the product

and huawei does not use snapdragon
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Rankine(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
bt guys i tot d xender apps z used to transfer files frm android phones or phones wit d app to iphones and vice versa
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

its qualcomm snapdragon NOT qualcomm and snapdragon. qualcomm is the name of the company, snapdragon is the product

and huawei does not use snapdragon

That was a typo...you should have known. It was in the line of Exynos or Snapdragon. I am not versed with Huawei products, by the way when did they start manufacturing phones. I only used their modems. I guess everybody wants to have a taste of the mobile business this days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by RitzyPrince(m): 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Phonefanatic:

How do you get your songs?
Have you heard of Xender?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Rankine:
bt guys i tot d xender apps z used to transfer files frm android phones or phones wit d app to iphones and vice versa

Yes, Xender transfers items to/from Android and iPhones with ease but when it comes to iOS there is a clause, any item you receive is "jailed" within the Xender app itself. If you can live with that, then Xender is a good option.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by clerc(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Yes, Xender transfers items to/from Android and iPhones with ease but when it comes to iOS there is a clause, any item you receive is "jailed" within the Xender app itself. If you can live with that, then Xender is a good option.
Please what do you mean by "jailed within the Xender app"
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Cybertext:

Oga u wan buy infinix phone u no buy the zero 3.. You come dey complain say e slow...

We all know say 2014 infinix hot series na 17k+ phone

Forget the price of any infinix hot series now...

And what makes the zero 3 any better? They both have the same 1.3ghz mediatek processor except for the extra gb of ram on the note 3. The note 3 has 1080p display which is still poor for a 6 inch screen phone. That 6 inch phone is too big for me, and the extra bezels don't help at all.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Phonefanatic: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Have you heard of Xender?

He said 7 years and you know when xender was out. Cmon I have good knowledge of iPhone and I can tell you you must need a laptop unless you make use of it for calls and calculator or maybe he runs to Ikeja boys
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by lordmayor4(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

I needed a trap phone I can easily sell. I don't think the elephone would be any better.

It's far better.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Phonefanatic: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Guy you follow me reach here again? grin

I no follow you oo I dey waka my own I come hear people wey dey argue when I looked closely na you.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Belosconi:
Can you use Apple Pay in Nigeria?
Can you use Apple's Siri in Nigeria?
Actually bruh, you can use Siri in Nigeria. Can you use Samsung pay in Nigeria? It goes both ways bruh
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by sarutobie(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
Alvin007:

Lol...we ain't starting nothing...dude just believes he's more knowledgable...and he doesn't have an idea. cheesy
debunk my post by showing me substantial evidence of virus attacks on android systems..oh ye omniscient...
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by cmecproblem(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
I got to understand why the iphone is so expensive when i got my first, right after my samsung crashed because i played "modern combat " on it. The iphone is for those who can afford the ios lifestyle, basic data and media file sharing and buying all other stuff like music n games. Everything you need is in the appstore. No phone runs as smooth as the iphone.

4 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by jclassiq(m): 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!
apparently you are making your parents proud by the use of iphone.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
cmecproblem:
I got to understand why the iphone is so expensive when i got my first, right after my samsung crashed because i played "modern combat " on it. The iphone is for those who can afford the ios lifestyle, basic data and media file sharing and buying all other stuff like music n games. Everything you need is in the appstore. No phone runs as smooth as the iphone.

This is the sermon we be try'n 'o' preach.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!

Its when you go abroad you will know the difference. i live in Canada and before i came i was using Infinix phone in nigeria which i brought to canada. My guy that phone could not get some apps i want to use here for like the app to transfer money. in Canada and US the 80% of people use iphone 15% use Samsung. I hardly see any other phone than iphone and samsung.
i wanted to print a picture from my infinix phone here in canada but it didnt work from the photo printing company. my brother shame catch me. Somoebody ask me where the phone come from. i had to send the picture to somebody iphone

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Observant: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
Contrary to what Bossmd would want you to believe, iPhone is for dumb people.
The annoying restrictions of using an iPhone which introduces more headaches if you wish to jailbreak and override them are too numerous and time consuming.
I stopped using iPhone at 3gs to enjoy the maximum freedom of Andriod.

Just so you know, I root, unlock bootloader, flash custom Roms and as well jailbreak and unlock iPhones.

I will not use an apple device even at gunpoint.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by bejeria101(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
Its a pure waste. I would trade it for something else.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Ssalk: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
Well if u can afford IPhone fine but it didn't make you more superior to people using other phones. Me personally I used Infinix hot note 2 for more than a year now and the phone still dey kampe. The truth is most Nigerians used IPhone for show up especially kids which I think are much in this thread. The other day I sent money for my kid sister for her school up keep the next thing I saw was iPhone 6 with her. Tomorrow such kid will come to nairaland and start making mouth....lol.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Cybertext(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

And what makes the zero 3 any better? They both have the same 1.3ghz mediatek processor except for the extra gb of ram on the note 3. The note 3 has 1080p display which is still poor for a 6 inch screen phone. That 6 inch phone is too big for me, and the extra bezels don't help at all.

I get ur point... All I'm saying is that you can't Buy a Peugeot expecting it to perform like a Bentley... I
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

jclassiq:
apparently you are making your parents proud by the use of iphone.

Only folks with above average intelligence can comprehend that.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
This is coming from a techno or Injoo user.smh...
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
ehimeayeni:

Its when you go abroad you will know the difference. i live in Canada and before i came i was using Infinix phone in nigeria which i brought to canada. My guy that phone could not get some apps i want to use here for like the app to transfer money. in Canada and US the 80% of people use iphone 15% use Samsung. I hardly see any other phone than iphone and samsung.
i wanted to print a picture from my infinix phone here in canada but it didnt work from the photo printing company. my brother shame catch me. Somoebody ask me where the phone come from. i had to send the picture to somebody iphone

80% of UK, US and Canada residents use iPhone. In fact some of them don't know any other phone exist apart from iPhone grin

And when they see you with some strange phone brands they be like 'which planet is he from"? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

linus...apart from musics,all other files collected tru xender can be assessed in pictures,videos or iBooks
Bossmd:

linus...apart from musics,all other files collected tru xender can be assessed in pictures,videos or iBooks
Bossmd:

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ssalk:
Well if u can afford IPhone fine but it didn't make you more superior to people using other phones. Me personally I used Infinix hot note 2 for more than a year now and the phone still dey kampe. The truth is most Nigerians used IPhone for show up especially kids which I think are much in this thread. The other day I sent money for my kid sister for her school up keep the next thing I saw was iPhone 6 with her. Tomorrow such kid will come to nairaland and start making mouth....lol.

Don't allow the poverty in the land to consume you. Break away from it and refuse to be poor. Cast and bind any spirit of poverty around you. Only poor people talk the way you are talking.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

All this is as easy as ABC without jailbreaking. There are so many apps today that do that for you and even more. iFunBox is an example of such apps. Just install iFunbox on your sisters laptop. You don't even need to connect your iPhone via cable, just connect your iPhone and your sister's PC to the same wifi. Then transfer files with the speed of light. With this method you can transfer a 2GB file in less than 15 minutes. This is 2016 bro. The world is moving, don't be left behind grin
An iPhone/iPad without ifunbox is almost useless. Knowledge is power. Jailbreaking is just a too huge a risk
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by akereconfi: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.

Bro go for the S7 edge. It's a beast and you wouldn't regret you did.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by RitzyPrince(m): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
Phonefanatic:

He said 7 years and you know when xender was out. Cmon I have good knowledge of iPhone and I can tell you you must need a laptop unless you make use of it for calls and calculator or maybe he runs to Ikeja boys
thats where jailbreak comes to play, I've been transferring files via Bluetooth for 5yrs with the help of Jailbreak on ios before a stable Xender was available in the AppStore for download last year...with a jailbroken iPhone there's basically no basic thing a smartphone should do that iPhone can't do.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Phonefanatic: 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
RitzyPrince:
thats where jailbreak comes to play, I've been transferring files via Bluetooth for 5yrs with the help of Jailbreak on ios before a stable Xender was available in the AppStore for download...with a jailbroken iPhone there's basically no basic thing a smartphone should do that iPhone can't do.

You jailbreak without a pc? He said he used iPhone for 7 years without a pc and I need to clear his lies
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by RitzyPrince(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
Phonefanatic:

You jailbreak without a pc? He said he used iPhone for 7 years without a pc and I need to clear his lies
Lies? Before ios 8 jailbreak was possible without pc bro....I can still jailbreak ios 9.2.1 without pc....we living in a world of possibilities as such stop doubting people absolutely...everything is possible.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by princetom1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:

Hmmmmm... Okay then but android have respectable brands too, nobody will ever look down on someone using the latest samsung smartphone

Sure.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by himclfgud(m): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:
Usage of iphone in Nigeria is simply a waste of money

Mugu!!! Do u even have a phone... Iphone is nt jst a smart phone, but ur mobile computer, most things you cant do with you so called smart phone... You sure will carry them out on your iphone... E.g joining an online meeting in the best mode ever iphone will give all you need.... I use iphone 6s plus... Nd i have never regret buying it.. Serves me well nd i am sure of no virus.. Mayb i shld get you one... Baga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.