Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39445 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Lol.....as in eehn that iPhone 6 Plus be like 6 inch phablet grin

I don't know why Apple cannot reduce those bezels....this is 2016 FCOL!

Bros the thing taya me for Apple. Bottom bezel is understandable because if the home button, but at least make the top bezel smaller. My ideal phone size is 5.1-5.3 inches. Anything more is out of my comfort zone. But I can still use the note 5 because it is a powerhouse and it's got an s pen.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros the thing taya me for Apple. Bottom bezel is understandable because if the home button, but at least make the top bezel smaller. My ideal phone size is 5.1-5.3 inches. Anything more is out of my comfort zone. But I can still use the note 5 because it is a powerhouse and it's got an s pen.

Greenhulk what's "Screen on Time?"

Listening to this Reminisce new album.....Olamide's part seems to be the worst. Trashy

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
I think Spotify might shut down iTunes soon! grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by dasphinx1(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Thats just the truth. The dollar has made buying a flagship phone an almost unwise venture. Buying a mobile phone for almost 300,000 to me is not wise.

Just imagine your Galaxy Note 7 of 400,000 catching fire cheesy

You can consider S6 edge plus. Its battery is much better than the regular S6

You just couldnt resist going the Note 7 route cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Greenhulk what's "Screen on Time?"

Listening to this Reminisce new album.....Olamide's part seems to be the worst. Trashy

Screen on time is how long ur battery lasts while the screen is on. That is exluding idle time.

My favorite track is I remember , followed by feego and Ibadi. I'm a big reminisce fan, I like olamide too but lyrically reminisce is the boss, olamide just knows how to pull crowd.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by yakbauer: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd & greenhulk, na only una get this thread, Haba?
Anyways I'm enjoying ur convo it's enlightening
It's really hard to strike a balance btw price and functionality, I dropped Samsung since S3, waited for them to improve on their battery, but even at s6, they still haven't.
Greenhulk, if you're waiting for iPhone 7, trust me it's not worth the hype, pls take some time to watch a YouTube video of what it looks like. Apart from the missing audio jack and slight picture quality improvements (which most ppl won't notice), I was disappointed.
It's closer to 6s than 6s is to 6, the camera , even aesthetically 6S is better looking than 7.
I'm also waiting for iPhone 7, but after watching some videos and reviews I just don't see the need to wait, to buy when I can just get the 6S which is now cheaper.
About Chinese phones, Infinix, techno and gionee are no go areas, but trust me China phones get levels, Haba u tried Huawei or Xiaomin, well I'm yet to hold a Xiaomin, but I'm currently using Huawei accent mate 7, and it's totally worth it, very good competitor with HTC, Sony, but not Samsung Sha, but way better battery life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
yakbauer:
Bossmd & greenhulk, na only una get this thread, Haba?
Anyways I'm enjoying ur convo it's enlightening
It's really hard to strike a balance btw price and functionality, I dropped Samsung since S3, waited for them to improve on their battery, but even at s6, they still haven't.
Greenhulk, if you're waiting for iPhone 7, trust me it's not worth the hype, pls take some time to watch a YouTube video of what it looks like. Apart from the missing audio jack and slight picture quality improvements (which most ppl won't notice), I was disappointed.
It's closer to 6s than 6s is to 6, the camera , even aesthetically 6S is better looking than 7.
I'm also waiting for iPhone 7, but after watching some videos and reviews I just don't see the need to wait, to buy when I can just get the 6S which is now cheaper.
About Chinese phones, Infinix, techno and gionee are no go areas, but trust me China phones get levels, Haba u tried Huawei or Xiaomin, well I'm yet to hold a Xiaomin, but I'm currently using Huawei accent mate 7, and it's totally worth it, very good competitor with HTC, Sony, but not Samsung Sha, but way better battery life.

Haba bros....we no thief anybody keyboard make dem no contribute na cheesy

In fact I don't even consider Huawei and Xiaomi China phones.....I put those two in the same range with Samsung, HTC, and Sony. Since they also use Qualcomm and Snapdragon Processors. It's those phones that use MTK chips I place as China phones.

Huawei phones are really solid. Have you seen their Ascend Mate 8?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
I still dey eye that "iPhone 6S" sha grin

The phone sweet but na money grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Screen on time is how long ur battery lasts while the screen is on. That is exluding idle time.

My favorite track is I remember , followed by feego and Ibadi. I'm a big reminisce fan, I like olamide too but lyrically reminisce is the boss, olamide just knows how to pull crowd.

True dat!

I miss Da Grin. Lyrical toh bahd!!! grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by yakbauer: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Haba bros....we no thief anybody keyboard make dem no contribute na cheesy

In fact I don't even consider Huawei and Xiaomi China phones.....I put those two in the same range with Samsung, HTC, and Sony. Since they also use Qualcomm and Snapdragon Processors. It's those phones that use MTK chips I place as China phones.

Huawei phones are really solid. Have you seen their
Ascend Mate 8?
Yrs
Yeah I have oh, I it's also sleek, base storage of 64GB, 4GB ram, latest Android 6.0, it was even fair in price (167k) as at 3 months ago, but now wey Naira dey free fall, I'm sure it'll b up to 200k.
I want to try iPhone 6S plus, I'm so attached to my BlackBerry Z30 but I have to drop it coz BlackBerry is going extinct faster than asteroids destroyed dinosaurs
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
yakbauer:

Yrs
Yeah I have oh, I it's also sleek, base storage of 64GB, 4GB ram, latest Android 6.0, it was even fair in price (167k) as at 3 months ago, but now wey Naira dey free fall, I'm sure it'll b up to 200k.
I want to try iPhone 6S plus, I'm so attached to my BlackBerry Z30 but I have to drop it coz BlackBerry is going extinct faster than asteroids destroyed dinosaurs

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ko
yakbauer:

Yrs

But don't you fear the size of the 6S plus? grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
When did buying and using of phones become a venture?

4 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by soberdrunk(m): 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
INFINIX AND TECHNO USERS BE LIKE "PREACH!!! PREACH" "TELL THEM TELL THEM"!! grin grin grin If you are tech savy, there is absolutely nothing Jack can do with his iphone in the US that Ojo cannot do in Nigeria.......

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
Front page back to back grin grin grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Rasheed02(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
Infinix is French not Chinese
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by beautiful232(f): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
why would you think is a waste using iPhone in Nigerian
its no biggie mehn

I use my iPhone anywhere
in Nigerian or outside Nigerian
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by IJOBA2: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

LOL at using Spotify only in the states. It is as simple as using free vpn, doesn't require any tweak. Blasting Spotify like crazy here bro.
you are equally burning your data
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Rasheed02:

Infinix is French not Chinese

French, Chinese or Taiwan. Na still MTK cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ipledge10(m): 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!
is your moviebox still working?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
IJOBA2:
you are equally burning your data

Not exactly. Spotify Premium comes with option to download.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
ipledge10:
is your moviebox still working?

Yes Boss. I downloaded the full season one of Narcos yesterday.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ipledge10(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
grin grin I always see people comparing chinko phones with reliable smartphones, I just laugh...

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ipledge10(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Yes Boss. I downloaded the full season one of Narcos yesterday.
my moviebox is not working anymore... It's telling me to set my vpn,but I don't wanna do that...though I didn't update to d latest version
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Revolva(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Well anybody who has the money should buy but what annoys me is the way our ladies misuse this iphones around imagine a 20yea old gal is asking my friend for an iphone 6 on d first date....they guy run leave her for d resaurant after paying d bills

Many babe's are prostituting for high end device for show off na dem de snap selfie pass all the time dem no let IG rest with camera 360app

As for me iphones are not made for country like ours but anybody wey wan take him last saving buy ipone 6s or the latest iphone7 na plate of amalaa be dat

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by snipesdam(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!

Boring tongue
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by AnanseK(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!

Softly softly Oga IPhone , can't you educate us without being so pretentious ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by NONNYG: 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
beautiful232:
why would you think is a waste using iPhone in Nigerian

its no biggie mehn

I use my iPhone anywhere

in Nigerian or outside Nigerian
Nigeriangrin

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by passyhansome(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
SOME DUMB ASS NIGGA WILL BUY IPHONE OF #160K AND STILL BE TREKKING AND JUMPING OKADA, THEN WHAT'S THE ESSENCE OR DEFINITION OF BIG BOY.

5 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by doskie(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
who you epp?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by lordkhalifa(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
you can only use it to answer calls, unless u are ready to carry Apple laptop around, waste of Money grin

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Araoluwa005(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

sir do you compare the prices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.