Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39446 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by mayorjosh(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
youngice:

Have tried you Apple Music

I need an avenue whereby I can download without paying.apple does not even consider exchange rate when deducting their iTunes money embarassed
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
mayorjosh:

I need an avenue whereby I can download without paying.apple does not even consider exchange rate when deducting their iTunes money embarassed
You don't pay na
After that 1 dollar
I've been using if for so long eh

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by mayorjosh(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
youngice:

You don't pay na
After that 1 dollar

Will it play offline sha smiley
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
mayorjosh:

Will it play offline sha smiley
Once you download, it will
But

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by hakim92(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

Hey relax dude, of course I know 80% of gadgets these days are made in China. I ain't generalizing, when I mean Chinese I mean the cheap mtk phones flowing around everywhere and yet some people will come to this forum and compare a tecno phone with a Samsung flagship or an iPhone. And iPhones and other apple products are not over hyped, they are products that have been carefully designed and made with precision hence why they will continue to sell in millions, I love both Android and iOS.

Oh, and point of correction.... The galaxy note 7 was released in China with the same 4gb of RAM as the ones released all over the world. Don't believe every rumors u read. And I've been saying it a good phone is not all about the amount of RAM, chip type, optimization and design are also important. What's the use of 6gb of ram on the one plus 3,? It is just marginally faster than the galaxy s7 and HTC 10 with 4gb of ram, and iPhone 6s with 2gb of ram is faster and better performer. It is not even daydream ready with its 1080p display and there's still no need for 8gb of ram on a smartphone.

Okay.
But I feel the gionee M5 plus marathon is a good phone. It runs on mediatek processor. A try might convince you.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by mayorjosh(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
youngice:

Once you download, it will
But

But what?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
mayorjosh:

But what?
Dara shouldn't be an issue

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
Immorttal:
how is this even possible.

We make the impossible possible. That's why it's Apple.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Revolva(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Can you explain what you mean by "not made for country like ours"?

It simply means them no send us cos we are not as developed as them ok they already made their sales in america and europe alone n Asia.....where there is fast development
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
youngice:

You don't pay na
After that 1 dollar

For how long have you been using it? Bear in mind that the trial period for Apple Music is 3 months. So the fact that you have been using it for so long doesn't make it free. After the 3 months trial period, charging commences and if by chance your card has insufficient balance you will be denied access.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by jmichlins(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
http://www.gsmarena.com/analyst_iphone_7_plus_to_have_3gb_of_ram_ipx7_rating_2_different_12mp_sensors-news-20332.php for those saying apple doesn't need to up her hardware will need to read this
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
hakim92:

Okay.
But I feel the gionee M5 plus marathon is a good phone. It runs on mediatek processor. A try might convince you.

Thanks but will pass. A 6 inch phone is a no no for me unless if it is a galaxy note which is 5.7 inch anyway. Plus m5 plus is just too heavy and bulky, same 1.3ghz mediatek chip on the hot s. I can only consider this if I live in a jungle with no power supply because of the very big battery capacity.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
EzeeYFB:
Infinix really doesn't have nice camera features like d Gionee. Battery life is really good too. But like you said if one can afford the high end phones just go for it

On the positive side the battery of the hot s has been very impressive. For the first time since 2010 I'm actually experiencing good battery life on an Android phone. I've used galaxy s2, galaxy s3, galaxy note 2, HTC one m7, lg g3 and galaxy s6, all of them have poor battery, with galaxy s6 and s3 being the worst. I charge my s6 up to 3 -4 times a day. But with the hot s I use it a whole day and I still have some 30℅ by 9pm.

Today I decided to give the battery a good test. I started using it around 9:30am at 100% on a heavy use. I've been streaming music through Bluetooth speaker all day and have been using the browser. I've had over 4 hrs screen on time and I still have like 40% left. If that was the s6 it would have died at least 2 times lol. My main gripe about this phone is the poor camera and mediocre performance. It is practically impossible typing on chrome browser because of heavy lag. While typing in messaging apps like WhatsApp or hangouts it becomes better.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
The best device you can ever use is an iOS device. Make no mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by youngice(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

For how long have you been using it? Bear in mind that the trial period for Apple Music is 3 months. So the fact that you have been using it for so long doesn't make it free. After the 3 months trial period, charging commences and if by chance your card has insufficient balance you will be denied access.
Close to 2 yrs

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
youngice:

Close to 2 yrs

Okay.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
greenhulk:

On the positive side the battery of the hot s has been very impressive. For the first time since 2010 I'm actually experiencing good battery life on an Android phone. I've used galaxy s2, galaxy s3, galaxy note 2, HTC one m7, lg g3 and galaxy s6, all of them have poor battery, with galaxy s6 and s3 being the worst. I charge my s6 up to 3 -4 times a day. But with the hot s I use it a whole day and I still have some 30℅ by 9pm.

Today I decided to give the battery a good test. I started using it around 9:30am at 100% on a heavy use. I've been streaming music through Bluetooth speaker all day and have been using the browser. I've had over 4 hrs screen on time and I still have like 40% left. If that was the s6 it would have died at least 2 times lol. My main gripe about this phone is the poor camera and mediocre performance. It is practically impossible typing on chrome browser because of heavy lag. While typing in messaging apps like WhatsApp or hangouts it becomes better.

All I see is hidden posts, what are these buddies spitting? grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bossmd:

All I see is hidden posts, what are these buddies spitting? grin

Lol. If u ask me n's who I go ask?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Unlimited22: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2016
Someone asked a very good question and y'all turned the thread into another iOS vs Android war zone. I think it's a matter of choice. And there are other very good more pocket-friendly phones than apple and Samsung out there one can get. If you prefer the freedom of Android, go for it. If you feel you are savvy enough to manage an iOS device, ga zuta ya. Shikena!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by bimbor(m): 1:24am On Sep 05, 2016
iOS vs Android again? Will this war ever end. Let's cut ourselves some slack please. Let everyone use whichever phone they choose. No hate games. This thread is similar to the one I created some days back and I remember it was fired up just like this one. The two prominent soldiers are also in this thread, greenhulk, bossmd, I hail oooh grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by lakesguy(m): 7:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Bossmd:

Just forget the infinix
Bros... This infinix hot a date u despises so much.. Abeg, I take God beg you, use am sow seed into my life na.. So far d fone fit browse the internet, take unclear pictures, make n receive calls, I'm good to go... Abeg... 08109247972...thanks
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by lakesguy(m): 7:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Bossmd:

Just forget the infinix
Bros... This infinix hot s Dat u despises so much.. Abeg, I take God beg you, use am sow seed into my life na.. So far d fone fit browse the internet, take unclear pictures, make n receive calls, I'm good to go... Abeg... 08109247972...thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.