Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39444 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Emeka71(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
Buying and using i-phone in Nigeria is a waste of money to me.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Branzy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Revolva:
Well anybody who has the money should buy but what annoys me is the way our ladies misuse this iphones around imagine a 20yea old gal is asking my friend for an iphone 6 on d first date....they guy run leave her for d resaurant after paying d bills

Many babe's are prostituting for high end device for show off na dem de snap selfie pass all the time dem no let IG rest with camera 360app

As for me iphones are not made for country like ours but anybody wey wan take him last saving buy ipone 6s or the latest iphone7 na plate of amalaa be dat
3 gbossa for yu last last na Buhari go collect the blame

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Redoil: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

I must say those phones are pretty much expensive now that dollar keeps going up. But for what is worth I'm getting another phone by the end of the month. This hot s is super mega trash.
sell to me
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by redcliff: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:
Usage of iphone in Nigeria is simply a waste of money

Usage of iphone generally is a waste of money. Because even abraod you have to buy songs just like you would do generally. So whats the point exactly? For the exception of those that want to be obidient and law abiding citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by dammygbenga(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
The question I want to ask you is "What is the difference between using iPhone in Nigeria and using it abroad"? With due respect, you are very local.

uhhhh...
u are making a very big mistake,do u knw there are many locked features in apple product in Africa compared to Europe.when u use any apple product there u enjoy it to fullest.
Speaking frm Experience
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Kaybaba5(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Dont mind op, it seems u have not used iphone before
And tell me how many people using android know about all these things u mentioned.
Jailed break iphone and u will enjoy it all.
My boss used Samsung s6 and only for calls and browsing.
So it depends on what u want .things u want ur phone to have.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by MrKong: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

LOL at using Spotify only in the states. It is as simple as using free vpn, doesn't require any tweak. Blasting Spotify like crazy here bro.
How did you get the app Pls...it's not in Nigerian store
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by DonCortino: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!
You no sabi anything at all! Who told u app store id for usa alone? U can create any account for ny country in d world on apple. This thread is specifically for you!
App store ko, play store ni!

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by M17CXi: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mafia4life:
Smartphones were to help user continue their work without the use of computer system. But iPhone cannot stand without a computer system. Any user having an iPhone without laptop is simply a dumb a$$

You said it all mafia!!!
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Branzy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
DonCortino:

You no sabi anything at all! Who told u app store id for usa alone? U can create any account for ny country in d world on apple. This thread is specifically for you!
OMG upper cut

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by M17CXi: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
See how iphone haters are commenting Rubish

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Laido: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

The question I want to ask you is "What is the difference between using iPhone in Nigeria and using it abroad"? With due respect, you are very local.

Taah! No talk that one. Go and ask from confirm techs. Iphone usage is restricted in Nija. There are more than 50 functions that u can use it for over there which isn't possible here! Go and confirm. Ah ah, He's local keh!
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by jmichlins(m): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
@greenhulk, bossmd all these una talk about buying new flagship device is making me wonder if you guys are in nigeria with me. If any of you has any phone that you think to be too bad and poor for you to use please and please again help me with it. I will not only gladly take it but cherish it. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by beautiful232(f): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
NONNYG:
Nigeriangrin
see your big teeth
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by SmartMugu: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

You see yourself?

Okay let me ask you can you use Samsung pay in Nigeria?

Nigeria has not fully adopted NFC payment Point of Sale terminals.....whether Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, neither is supported yet. My brother It is not a question of Apple, it is a question of the technology behind it. Even the Magnetic POS in Nigeria had already started in developed countries before it was finally introduced here recently. Hopefully NFC payment will slowly creep in with time and when it does major stores will definitely support Apple Pay and Samsung pay services.

Siri is a mobile digital assistant. I use it everyday to post to Facebook on iPad and make local searches when necessary. Siri is just like Android Google now but more intelligent than the latter. But who uses mobile digital assistants these days anyway??

Get your facts right bro.
chaaiii! D dude only asked a simple question. Dis is a questn of yes or no instead of making it luk like some sort of argument.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bayokun(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
please bros let me know whenever you're ready to sell it please.Thanks
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
redcliff:

Usage of iphone generally is a waste of money. Because even abraod you have to buy songs just like you would do generally. So whats the point exactly? For the exception of those that want to be obidient and law abiding citizens.

Bro God will abundantly bless you, i didnt know we share the same view. Android is way better .
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
another sour grapes thread

i do not have the resources to own an iphone, therefore an iphone is a waste of money
same way the tecno jokers were claiming tecno flagships are on par with samsung flagships.

op doesn't have the resources to own an iphone, so all this is second hand talk.

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
ipledge10:
my moviebox is not working anymore... It's telling me to set my vpn,but I don't wanna do that...though I didn't update to d latest version

Before using it at all....after installation the first thing you must do is to update to the latest version
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
lordkhalifa:
you can only use it to answer calls, unless u are ready to carry Apple laptop around, waste of Money grin

Malignantly proliferated ignorance
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
doskie:
who you epp?

I be your papa? grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by watchindelta(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
I used iphone5 but I no like am becuz android don to master me. who don dey too much dey finger phone bk in fbt no go too like iPhone. any guruslodge guys go understand or nairaland fbt crews. bk in the days but level don change na, na WiFi i take dey knocked my s6.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
dammygbenga:

uhhhh...
u are making a very big mistake,do u knw there are many locked features in apple product in Africa compared to Europe.when u use any apple product there u enjoy it to fullest.
Speaking frm Experience

Don't just speak from experience, speak with evidence based annotations. In other words speak by examples. Give me those features and I will use it just now and give you screenshots to back it up!

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by DriveByKiller: 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
bongolistik:

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/09/buying-and-using-iphone-in-nigeria.html
Silly thread, silly question. Is Nigeria the poorest country in the world?

You should have asked if it's wise to manufacture iPhone at all.

And how did this dumb thread get to front page?

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by kayo80(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!

You typed so much but made little sense. You sha want people to know you use iPhone sha. Are all the things OP said wrong or right? Start with that, instead of running your mouth like open tap.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
MrKong:

How did you get the app Pls...it's not in Nigerian store

These are the real people that want to learn....not all these boisterous lots everywhere.

Dude you can get the Spotify app from the US store.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by zeb04(f): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
I am using an iPhone and I can tell you it is a real waste of money. I can't wait to go back to Samsung.

7 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Annalise(f): 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
okitikpo:
tell them, not just a computer system but a personalised one. Use other computer and lose your files on iPhone

Please can you explain this? What if I buy someone's used macbook?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
DonCortino:

What's this one saying? Who mention App Store now? grin grin grin grin grin

My brother go back and wear your glasses and read my post again grin

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by EmekaBlue(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
Not an Apple fan...An most people just fans following d trend but deep down know android are easier,cheaper and more user friendly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.