Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. (60558 Views)

Don't just imagine, start! / Paystack Records N1 Billion In Monthly Transactions Value / When Naira Was Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
OP wetin dog dey do for the first list. Na for sacrifice?

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by anonimi: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
pippimp:
Decades ago? I don't think you fully understand what is going on. N[b]igerians are still making the same mistakes today.[/b]

We never learn.
Abi we sef be stubborn goats ni?
Otherwise how can we have the same DullardPoo who wrecked us in the past as our president

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3906024_cmcdugtxeaadtaq_jpglarge_jpeg1de1569c071297410be4a6d98a3ed50a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3515036_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by kabukabu(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
I remember the 80s in Nigeria very well, when things were good compared to now, if you had 20Naira you were a king, as a kid.
Bata shoes
Kingsway and Leventhal were the best supermarkets.
Old NBA and Bendel state before it became Delta and Edo State.
When Apapa Amusement park was good.
Darn so many memories,Naija is now a shell of itself.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
That note book needs to be in a museum!
Goat N23 and cow N250!.
But then again, that was 1978 - most of us weren't born then.
Kai, our parents enjoyed o. What is even more surprising for me was that OP's dad had a column for Kobo grin

prevail23:
ur ryt bro..
But do u think it can be like dis again?

I'm sorry to say this but most Nigerians are duller than a blunt knife. My kid is way smarter than 50% of the adults on this thread. It is like most of you never went to school, or did but did not assimilate anything. This is simple economics na. Do you know the price of gas/petrol in the U.S in 1970? $0.800. Do you know how much it is today? $2.743 in most places. Comparing prices in 1970 to today's market is like comparing apples to oranges. What matters is how the country adjust's for inflation. What you are complaining about today, Nigerians were complaining of in those days. Do you think it was easy to have 250 Naira in you account back then? I wonder how you people think.

4 Likes

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by FTBOY: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
1978!! shocked shocked

even seun and lalasticlala weren't available then!
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by juman(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
Primarily military generals destroyed nigeria.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
juman:
Primarily military generals destroyed nigeria.

The military did not destroy Nigeria. It's citizens did. And they are still doing it till today.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by Eddie4all: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
hw cn pple blame ds on the masses..... the decisions of the Govt affect over 80% of our lives, n yet we say we r to blame i gues zimbabwe bein one of the poorest countries in africa in terms of living, is also d pples fault
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by juman(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
pippimp:

The military did not destroy Nigeria. It's citizens did. And they are still doing it till today.

Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo.

I witnessed their destruction of the country.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Eddie4all:
hw cn pple blame ds on the masses..... the decisions of the Govt affect over 80% of our lives, n yet we say we r to blame i gues zimbabwe bein one of the poorest countries in africa in terms of living, is also d pples fault

The decisions of the British government affected the colonist in America. They stood up and said no. They wanted change and took it by force. I know what you are going to say next. You are going to say, "those people are normal human beings, Nigerians/Africans are not". You are right about that.

2 Likes

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by juman(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
The good for nothing, useless people of useless generation added no value to the country.

Shior on them.

Very useless people.

The generation that betrayed nigeria and nigerians.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
juman:

Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo.

I witnessed their destruction of the country.

Bros. I am a living witness to all you are talking about. Back in the day when we used to queue for bread brought by trucks and soldiers to give to citizens. The point you are missing is that we had the opportunity to reject what was going on and we refused to take action. Na military talk say make we de burn suspects for road? Or to de give policeman bribe? Or to de collect salt and rice to vote? Every Nigerian is out for themselves and have no one to blame but themselves.

2 Likes

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
mickyeddi:
The days when petrol was #5/litre, solo cocacola was#10, 35cl was #15, orobo was #20.

That can't be , if the date on the sheaf of paper is correct Coca Cola couldn't have been 10 naira cos I remember vividly I used to buy a bottle of Coca Cola at one naira in 1989 when I was in J.S.S one
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by DeRay98(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
The hyper-ignorance of our youths does not allow understand anything. They think its only govt that spends forex in our foreign reserve.
The girls that want to wear Brazilian hair doesn't know the importation of Brazilian hair is paid from our foreign reserve. Ordering all kinds of foreign made stuff online is the FG pays for it in forex from our reserve.
Make una dey develope taste wetin una parents no buy and economy no fit handle. One day some of una go land for 'fugee land and eyes clear
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by DeRay98(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
The hyper-ignorance of our youths does not allow understand anything. They think its only govt that spends forex in our foreign reserve.
The girls that want to wear Brazilian hair doesn't know the importation of Brazilian hair is paid from our foreign reserve. Ordering all kinds of foreign made stuff online is the FG pays for it in forex from our reserve.
Make una dey develope taste wetin una parents no buy and economy no fit handle. One day some of una go land for 'fugee land and eyes go clear
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Perfecttouch:
can you please show us the picture of the house?
my oga d house dey villa oh
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
MrHenshaw:
[email][/email][color=#550000][/color]

Quickly submit the document to National Gallery of Arts.Don't say i didn't tell you.

Lol..
Owk boss

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by juman(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
pippimp:

Bros. I am a living witness to all you are talking about. Back in the day when we used to queue for bread brought by trucks and soldiers to give to citizens. The point you are missing is that we had the opportunity to reject what was going on and we refused to take action. Na military talk say make we de burn suspects for road? Or to de give policeman bribe? Or to de collect salt and rice to vote? Every Nigerian is out for themselves and have no one to blame but themselves.

Look and look, the masses are always gullible, but the real leaders lead their people to success.

Military people that supposed to be most disciplined and most patriotic but rather they are cheat and led their country to failure and destruction.

Example of responsible and determined leader was awolowo, he led his people to greatness.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by SmartMugu: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
demsid:
Tecno c8 for sale 24k. Lagos. 07039450095. Call
Can't you see everything on the list here is around 8k? Even a cow sells for N250 somewhere, why are you still charging 24k for a phone? It shouldn't be more than N85 if we go by this lists. grin

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by Nickymezor(f): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wow, wen things were still gd... Nw our country is in an Ugly state/ shape n wat hv u undecided
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
useless value that was not backed up by any productive capity or manufacturing ability. whether Nigerians like to hear this news or not, we must all know that the naira is simply being put in its place and nothing else and from an economic point of view is a blessing in disguise and it is left to us to take responsibility of our actions and dump this romantic relationship we have with foreign goods and focus on ours. #bynaijatogrownaija.

2 Likes

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
bigiyaro:
I think ur dad was a meticulous n responsible man only such men will quietly sit n plan in detail. I hope you are like him.
yes sir grin
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by demsid(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
SmartMugu:

Can't you see everything on the list here is around 8k? Even a cow sells for N250 somewhere, why are you still charging 24k for a phone? It shouldn't be more than N85 if we go by this lists. grin
No worry I go help find thuraya way Dey my papa locker. Or that finger dialing telephone.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Vomm:
Ur father can keep records for Nigeria.
LOL
Lol..
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by SmartMugu: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
demsid:
No worry I go help find thuraya way Dey my papa locker. Or that finger dialing telephone.
No, I want that techno wey u advertize. N87, last. grin
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by InHim4Him(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yea! I got $9 for #1 for BTA in my first travel outside Nigeria in 1979. My first car in 1981 was #2500. We used to buy chicken between 6 and 12 kobo. Shagari and Umar Dikko started doing us in when they started importing everything including baby food. And Buhari Idiagbon completed the task and all our industries including Mandilas (Volkswagen), Kaduna Textilles and PAN folded up. And since then, we have been on a downward spiral.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
jeff1607:
op abeg make I see the cover of that book.
d cover don tear
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
juman:

Look and look, the masses are always gullible, but the real leaders lead their people to success.

Military people that supposed to be most disciplined and most patriotic but rather they are cheat and led their country to failure and destruction.

Example of responsible and determined leader was awolowo, he led his people to greatness.

Let me tell you what fayose was thinking and saying back then. He was saying, "Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo, have destroyed this country. We need the youths to be given the opportunity to lead and change this country for the better. If i am given the opportunity, i will perform magic and make this country great". He was a teen at that time. What is the reality today? Nigerians don't fully understand that it's leaders come from it's citizenry and if the mentality of the citizenry is phucked up, the leaders they produce will be phucked up.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
That note book needs to be in a museum!
Goat N23 and cow N250!.
But then again, that was 1978 - most of us weren't born then.
Kai, our parents enjoyed o. What is even more surprising for me was that OP's dad had a column for Kobo grin

lol..
Kobo follow inside d money na..
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mustapha111888:
U yourself must have tey ooo
lol..
Me na young gee ooh
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by oake(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
4 years earlier, my dad bought a 404 Peugeot car for N3,000. I guess those where the good ol' days cheesy
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Cuteamigo1:
useless value that was not backed up by any productive capity or manufacturing ability. whether Nigerians like to hear this news or not, we must all know that the naira is simply being put in its place and nothing else and from an economic point of view is a blessing in disguise and it is left to us to take responsibility of our actions and dump this romantic relationship we have with foreign goods and focus on ours. #bynaijatogrownaija.

Go and buy a bottle of Gulder and isi ewu on my account. I will settle it later. You deserve it for that wonderful insight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Black Billionaires 2019 - Forbes / Stealing In The UK Vs Stealing In Nigeria / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.