Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. (60584 Views)

Don't just imagine, start! / Paystack Records N1 Billion In Monthly Transactions Value / When Naira Was Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:58am On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

Ok. You have the rarest of dull minds.
Would that be medium rare by any chance? wink
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 2:19am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Would that be medium rare by any chance? wink

You tell me. You should know your standards.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

You tell me. You should know your standards.
And to think I thought u were a smarty pants cry
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Noooo waaaay!
You love horror too? I thought I was literally the only Nigerian into that genre. I love horror - almost have the complete works of Stephen King. Then there is John Saul etc.
Alas, I don't do African authors. Did those in my early teens.
Fave authors are Robert Ludlum (my genius), King, Frederick Forsyth, Sidney Sheldon, Agatha Christie and Belva Plain.
My best novel - btw the Bounre Series and Belva Plain's "Evergreen".
I also collect James Patterson, Jonathan Kellerman, Thomas Harris and Dean koontz.
My latest acquisition...the complete works of HG Wells...in hardcover no doubt! A classicccccc!!!

Damn, I love you.

HG Wells, the science fiction guy. I have read about him but I haven't, any of his works. I have begun looking into collecting Stephen Kings for months now. I have movies inspired by his works—Carrie, Thinning and The Fog. Have you heard about Edgar Allan Poe? He wrote horrors too. I used to have a big collection of horror stories that includes some of his stories but termites destroyed it at a cousin's place.

I have heard so much about Sidney Sheldon but I am not sure if I have read any of his books.

I will check out John Saul.

I forgot to include George Orwell as one of my favorite authors. His book 1984 still stays with me.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Damn, I love you.

HG Wells, the science fiction guy. I have read about him but I haven't, any of his works. I have begun looking into collecting Stephen Kings for months now. I have movies inspired by his works—Carrie, Thinning and The Fog. Have you heard about Edgar Allan Poe? He wrote horrors too. I used to have a big collection of horror stories that includes some of his stories but termites destroyed it at a cousin's place.

I have heard so much about Sidney Sheldon but I am not sure if I have read any of his books.

I forgot to include George Orwell as one of my favorite authors. His book 1984 still stays with me.

King's The Fog is a fantastic film! It potrayed the fraility of human beings on one side and their true sadistic nature on the other side when survival mode kicks in.
Of course I know Edgar Allan Poe! Read his bio on Wikipedia some time back after I saw film The Raven (it starred John Cusack). It was supposedly about his life. But my wiki research saw in inconsistencies. Either way, Poe was slightly crazy!
Gorge Orwell! I have his softcopy books in a file somewhere
How can u be into books and not have any Sheldon works?? Let me be the one to pop your Sheldon cherry! Get and read his Windmils of the gods first!
As for King, I have hard and softcopy versions of almost all his works. Pls read his Duma Key!
U know,i always felt that if the world was coming to an end, I did choose to save my laptop and External HD Drives...housing all my Ebooks! grin
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

And to think I thought u were a smarty pants cry

A dull mind wouldn't understand.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

King's The Fog is a fantastic film! It potrayed the fraility of human beings on one side and their true sadistic nature on the other side when survival mode kicks in.
Of course I know Edgar Allan Poe! Read his bio on Wikipedia some time back after I saw film The Raven (it starred John Cusack). It was supposedly about his life. But my wiki research saw in inconsistencies. Either way, Poe was slightly crazy!
How can u be into books and not have any Sheldon works?? Let me be the one to pop your Sheldon cherry! Get and read his Windmils of the gods first!
As for King, I have hard and softcopy versions of almost all his works. Pls read his Duma Key!
U know,i always felt that if the world was coming to an end, I did choose to save my laptop and External HD Drives...housing all my Ebooks! grin

Edgar Allan Poe lived a very depressed life. It was evident in most of his short stories—death is always a recurring theme.

I will get myself some Sheldon then. I will get the very one you recommended.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

A dull mind wouldn't understand.
Guess not, only as.sholes would
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Edgar Allan Poe lived a very depressed life. It was evident in most of his short stories—death is always a recurring theme.

I will get myself some Sheldon then. I will get the very one you recommended.
Depressed. That's an apt word. It wasn't the most feel-good movie...but hey, I love Cusack.
Yes, do get it. You won't be disappointed.
Enjoy your afternoon. Cheers
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Depressed. That's an apt word. It wasn't the most feel-good movie...but hey, I love Cusack.
Yes, do get it. You won't be disappointed.
Enjoy your afternoon. Cheers

Thank you, Vivi. You too.

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Guess not, only as.sholes would

It takes a dull mind to know one.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

It takes a dull mind to know one.
At least pretend to be inventive. undecided
Keep repeating yourself. Such a bore
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

At least pretend to be inventive. undecided
Keep repeating yourself. Such a bore

You have to work with me here. I am apprehensive about using too many words with you. It would just fly over your head or possible give you migraine. Small dull minds require small words. "fly over your head" in this context means you will not understand it. Just in case you start googling the meaning.

2 Likes

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2016
pippimp:

You have to work with me here. I am apprehensive about using too many words with you. It would just fly over your head or possible give you migraine. Small dull minds require small words. "fly over your head" in this context means you will not understand it. Just in case you start googling the meaning.
Hahahahaha. Honestly, you are truly the most childish and immature person I have had a chance to chat with here. Its "migraine" u should have described though cheesy.
Thank goodness for few matured minds like LordofNairaland etc who can actually carry and sustain an interesting conversation. With people like that, I realise there is still some hope in the world. The world is not fully populated with children in d guise of "men" who constantly exhibit infantile behaviour.
So my sweet little boy child, this would be my last response to you. Thank you for entertaining me this few days. Oh and should u bother to respond (which I know u childishly would - don't disappoint me now! cheesy), be sure that I won't bother to read it. My attention span with kids can only go so far....my 5 year old nephew knows this!
It's been rad kid.
Cha cha! kiss kiss
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Hahahahaha. Honestly, you are truly the most childish and immature person I have had a chance to chat with here. Its "migraine" u should have described though cheesy.
Thank goodness for few matured minds like LordofNairaland etc who can actually carry and sustain an interesting conversation. With people like that, I realise there is still some hope in the world. The world is not fully populated with children in d guise of "men" who constantly exhibit infantile behaviour.
So my sweet little boy child, this would be my last response to you. Thank you for entertaining me this few days. Oh and should u bother to respond (which I know u childishly would - don't disappoint me now! cheesy), be sure that I won't bother to read it. My attention span with kids can only go so far....my 5 year old nephew knows this!
It's been rad kid.
Cha cha! kiss kiss

Says the dull mind who keeps responding. Lol. Anyone else sees the hypocritical irony in the above comment?

4 Likes

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by davidif: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2016
jmichlins:
as much as I will want to blame the government we as citizens share part of the blame. That was when BATA was the shoe everyone wears, clothes were imported from Aba and not Dubai, there were palm oil in the east, cocoa in the west, ground nuts in the north. Though government needs fiscal policies and huge investment into the power and transport sector to stimulate growth again.

Dude, one thing you need to understand is that consumers are rational most of the time in other words, they would find the best product at affordable prices. If your product is inferior then you would see customers slowly flock to the exit for better merchandise. Its the same almost everywhere in the world.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by gocare: 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
The kind of Love and Hate chat you guys are doing here is amazing. I am going to write about this. grin ;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by uzoexcel(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2016
U guys are talking about books and no mention of Robert Ludlum or even Ted Dekker? sad sad times cry cry cry cry cry
vivaciousvivi:

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by uzoexcel(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2016
1984 still gives me the goose pimples...with the way the world is going too Techie, we seem to be slowly gradually moving to the point of 'Big Brother' watching over us undecided undecided undecided undecided

ah, its good to actually meet people who READ!!!!!!!!
LordofNairaland:

Damn, I love you.

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
uzoexcel:
U guys are talking about books and no mention of Robert Ludlum or even Ted Dekker? sad sad times cry cry cry cry cry
Go to my earlier comment where I clearly stated that LUdlum was one of my best authors. What sort of books does Dekker write pls?
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by uzoexcel(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Go to my earlier comment where I clearly stated that LUdlum was one of my best authors. What sort of books does Dekker write pls?

Oh my bad...
Ludlum used to be my best till I came across TED DEKKER...he changed my world #noHOMO cheesy
He writes thrillers with a lil slight emphasis on xtianity but this is usually downplayed..u will like him

I will recommend this below
1) 'Blink' or ' Blink of an eye'

2) the paradise series
a. Saint
b. Sinner
c. Project showDown

3) the circle series
a. Black
b. Red
c. White

4) Thunder of heaven

5) the martyr's song

These are the ones I v read....2 and 3 are a trilogy though the books can be read in any order and understood.
Thank me later cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
uzoexcel:
1984 still gives me the goose pimples...with the way the world is going too Techie, we seem to be slowly gradually moving to the point of 'Big Brother' watching over us undecided undecided undecided undecided

ah, its good to actually meet people who READ!!!!!!!!

Not just you, bro. The 1984 world scares me. I can't imagine living in that type of world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Black Billionaires 2019 - Forbes / Stealing In The UK Vs Stealing In Nigeria / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.