Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,698 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. (61027 Views)

Don't just imagine, start! / Paystack Records N1 Billion In Monthly Transactions Value / When Naira Was Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by teacherbim(f): 5:22am On Sep 03, 2016
SmartMugu:

I can bet back then, many people couldnt afford N2500 you bought the car for. Salaries were probably in kobos then, Right?

Yes u are right

1 Like

Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2016
pippimp:

If you were anything other than dull, i would refer to you as such. You are not. You are just dull. And i do enjoy my job because of people like you. It gives me a lot of satisfaction. Best thing in the world. And please don't go. You are duller than most on this forum and it's really intriguing. Plus it's still early.
grin grin grin
Dude, like I said whatever u wish to refer to me as means absolutely nothing to me. I will sleep, eat, work, hang out with my pals, gist on NL and live my life as always. Nothing do me jor!
Hehehehehe @ duller than most on this forum. That really cracked me up!
Time to start my day here. Cheers!
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by AminuRano87(m): 7:10am On Sep 03, 2016
mickyeddi:
The days when petrol was #5/litre, solo cocacola was#10, 35cl was #15, orobo was #20.
Imagine, so 35cl of coca cola was worth 3 litres of petrol? now one liter of petrol is #145 while the coca cola is #50.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 7:35am On Sep 03, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
I didn't really see anyone feel that here. It was all in jest. Some people clearly carry the matter for their head cheesy.

N u avoided the comment about your moniker wink

grin I swear I didn't see that part of your comment.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by favouryemmy: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2016
prevail23:
Good afternoon everyone..
So i was going through some of my dad's files and i came accross some lists,items used for his late mum's burial and a house he built...
I was so suprised to see 1COW=#250..5FOWL=#10..
What!!!..

I'm sure by that date, 98% of people on Nairaland, including Seun were not even in the womb yet.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

grin grin grin
Dude, like I said whatever u wish to refer to me as means absolutely nothing to me. I will sleep, eat, work, hang out with my pals, gist on NL and live my life as always. Nothing do me jor!
Hehehehehe @ duller than most on this forum. That really cracked me up!
Time to start my day here. Cheers!
Hope you don't have a day.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
pippimp:

Hope you don't have a day.
grin grin grin
Sorry, it's been fantastic so far!
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
LordofNairaland:

grin I swear I didn't see that part of your comment.
cheesy now you have.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by prevail23(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
favouryemmy:

I'm sure by that date, 98% of people on Nairaland, including Seun were not even in the womb yet.
For sure na..but just keep it at 90% cox some of my popsy age mate go stil dey dis nairaland
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

grin grin grin
Sorry, it's been fantastic so far!

Dull people don't have fantastic days. It's a proven fact.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by Boyooosa(m): 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
@op, u did not remember to put the price of laptop and Iphone....

Comparing Ancient Days with Flight Age is of no essence bro/sis!
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

cheesy now you have.

The moniker was inspired by the title of a book I am presently writing. I only substituted a word for "Nairaland"
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by gocare: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Which one is obedience money!!
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by gocare: 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
AminuRano87:
Imagine, so 35cl of coca cola was worth 3 litres of petrol? now one liter of petrol is #145 while the coca cola is #50.

Yes cause there was no competition, latter on came Tandi and the likes
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by TheSpellChecker: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2016
BERIAL ceremony indeed!!! tongue
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
pippimp:

Dull people don't have fantastic days. It's a proven fact.
And smart asses never do. Another proven fact.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
LordofNairaland:

The moniker was inspired by the title of a book I am presently writing. I only substituted a word for "Nairaland"
An intellectual.....nice
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

And smart asses never do. Another proven fact.

Thanks. I am a smart ass. That the first correct thing your dull mind has acknowledged so far.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

An intellectual.....nice

A beautiful book collector.

I collect books too. You will be surprised at the types of books I collect.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by oaroloye(m): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
SHALOM!

prevail23:
Good afternoon everyone..
So i was going through some of my dad's files and i came accross some lists,items used for his late mum's burial and a house he built...
I was so suprised to see 1COW=#250..5FOWL=#10..
What!!!..

If you compare the price of GOLD at that time, and the amount of Gold that N250 and N10 could buy, with the price of a Cow and 5 Fowl today, you should find that these items cost the same amount of GOLD today- and that that has not changed.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
pippimp:

Thanks. I am a smart ass. That the first correct thing your dull mind has acknowledged so far.
Considering I mentioned it in my first comment to you and u didn't remember, shows that the "as.s" part of the word has a much higher degree in defining u, smart ass.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
LordofNairaland:

A beautiful book collector.

I collect books too. You will be surprised at the types of books I collect.
U have got to be kidding me! I own over 200 books myself. Mostly fiction of my fave authors though. I have run out of shelf space. Who are ur fave authors and what's the title of the best book you ever read?
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Considering I mentioned it in my first comment to you and u didn't remember, shows that the "as.s" part of the word has a much higher degree in defining u, smart ass.

My bad. I usually speed read through what dull people write about. It usually doesn't make any sense. And you my dear, are the dullest of them all
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
pippimp:

My bad. I usually speed read through what dull people write about. It usually doesn't make any sense. And you my dear, are the dullest of them all
Hahahahaha ur disses are so weak! That's all u got soldier boy? cheesy
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 12:10am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Hahahahaha ur disses are so weak! That's all u got soldier boy? cheesy

I'm glad you acknowledge what they are. Usually, dull minds cannot comprehend a good insult. Whats' going on?
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:13am On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

I'm glad you acknowledge what they are. Usually, dull minds cannot comprehend a good insult. Whats' going on?
grin grin grin Nice try....still weak though soldier boy.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 12:26am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

grin grin grin Nice try....still weak though soldier boy.

Aaahh. I get it now. Nothing to say but the 'ol "it's weak" line. Lol. Ok. Dull people sha. . .. . .
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

Aaahh. I get it now. Nothing to say but the 'ol "it's weak" line. Lol. Ok. Dull people sha. . .. . .
grin grin grin Do go on amusing me Soldier boy....do go on!
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by LordOfNaira: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

U have got to be kidding me! I own over 200 books myself. Mostly fiction of my fave authors though. I have run out of shelf space. Who are ur fave authors and what's the title of the best book you ever read?

Over 200?

Wow, my type of woman. My very type of woman.

My favorite authors are, in no particular order, Wole Soyinka, Ernest Hemingway (this man was a genius), Chinua Achebe, William Golding, Edgar Mittelholzer. I just fell in love with Adichie after reading Purple Hibiscus. Now, I have all her novels (the three of them) though I have my reservations about Americanah but I am proud to keep it.

I intend to begin collecting Stephen King's books. I love horror stories.

It is hard to pick my favourite book. But I love "Ake" by Wole Soyinka. It is still the best book I have ever read. That book was instrumental in helping Soyinka win the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature.

Now, it is your turn? Your favorite authors and your favorite book.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 12:49am On Sep 06, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Over 200?

My favorite authors are, in no particular order, Wole Soyinka, Ernest Hemingway (this man was a genius), Chinua Achebe, William Golding, Edgar Mittelholzer. I just fell in love with Adichie after reading Purple Hibiscus. Now, I have all her novels (the three of them) though I have my reservations about Americanah but I am proud to keep it.

It is hard to pick my favourite book. But I love "Ake" by Wole Soyinka. It is still the best book I have ever read. That book was instrumental in helping Soyinka win the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature.

Guy, if you believe she can even read, then i have a bridge to sell you in china.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by pippimp(m): 12:50am On Sep 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

grin grin grin Do go on amusing me Soldier boy....do go on!

Ok. You have the rarest of dull minds.
Re: When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:54am On Sep 06, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Over 200?

Noooo waaaay!
You love horror too? I thought I was literally the only Nigerian into that genre. I love horror - almost have the complete works of Stephen King. Then there is John Saul etc.
Alas, I don't do African authors. Did those in my early teens.
Fave authors are Robert Ludlum (my genius), King, Frederick Forsyth, Sidney Sheldon, Agatha Christie and Belva Plain.
My best novel - btw the Bounre Series and Belva Plain's "Evergreen".
I also collect James Patterson, Jonathan Kellerman, Thomas Harris and Dean koontz.
My latest acquisition...the complete works of HG Wells...in hardcover no doubt! A classicccccc!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / Eniola Adenuga Storms His Damilola Ogun's House With Over 25 Policemen / Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.