Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" (72852 Views)

Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by CSTR2: 11:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
This is why Igbo women should be very careful when making marital decisions beyond the boundaries of igboland ( and I don't mean the SE alone). We need to think about the future sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by KD22(m): 12:03am On Sep 03, 2016
"Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks"- The Holy Bible

The boy has been bewildered and bereaved( I sympathize).
His emotions are troubled - stories he's been fed with for about 30 years.

30 years of pride, ego, arrogance and bitterness!!

Mothers and fathers here, food for thought.
To all in the act of baby mama and daddy, I pray devil doesn't change the lifescripts in you hands.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by esere826: 12:05am On Sep 03, 2016
1, the young man made a public defense of his mum to counter the public attack of the dad
2, the young man although 'rightly' angry ought not to have used words such as mad and bastard. it doesnt tell well of his upbringing

3, the young man informed his dad alright, but offering tickets to his dad (although gracious) for burial almost like a visitor in such a strained relationship with complexities was punching too far above his weight. His elders from both side of the families should be the ones leading burial arrangements, while he supports from the side.

4, Legal laws trump customary laws. Did the boy being of legal age have a will that states he be buried in his mums land? if yes, and the mothers land accepts it, then case closed. The law has no time for emotions.

5, If there are no overriding legal laws for or against, then customary laws come into play

6, Whose customary law? Do the customary laws of both families agree on this issue? If yes, then they follow its laid down procedure, whatever it may be.

7, If the customary laws do not agree, then both families will need to come to an amicable compromise.

8, I think that is what the father referred to when he talked of returning bride price. In his culture it symbolises the severance of a relationship from its root.

9, As part of the possible resolution, just as someone suggested, Stella can also claim that the child does not belong to the man. The man can also disown his dead and living sons from Stella, and completely cut of any blood links.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 03, 2016
PaulIdu:

No matter how he tries to spin it he was wrong ..it wasn't his call to offer to send flight tickets to his dad and paternal family so they could attend the burial of his son on his estranged wife's village ..I don't think any man worth his salt and who knows his culture will accept that ..they have clearly been trained to insult thier father in exchange for stella oduas dollars
please the father is seeking attention by lying about not being called . Did he talk to the boy about bringing his brother home,isn't the boy old enough to handle his relationships with his father. Instead the stupid man went to the press to start talking rubbish. Stop being biased please.some people have lost the right to be called father,a sperm donor isn't a father.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by freshvine(f): 12:14am On Sep 03, 2016
CSTR2:
Nobody is denying the fact that they will be assimiliated. Ofcourse, igbos are civilized and would always recognize their own blood.
But when it comes to high positions, especially ones keenly contested in the Igbo community or as a group, that fellow is already at a massive disadvantage.
Infact, it would take a miracle for such a fellow to rise to any prominent position in igboland. That is the fact. It is inhumane(I know), but the fact nonetheless.
Children are traced to their father's house in igboland, and rise and fall on that merit.

A wise and proud igbo man will find it difficult to pass the night in his maternal home how much more relocating there

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by rezzy: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2016
lanjum:
If the marriage ended some 30 years ago, how then are u able to know who is wrong or right? how old were u then? However, am happy you called yourself a BASTARD cos u dont have the right under any law or religion to address your father like that

The mother has judged and crucified the father.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by CandyDiamond(f): 12:15am On Sep 03, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

My sister you will live long!
Amen ooo,and you too
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by rezzy: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2016
noblemails:

He might be a nairalander ohhh... maybe reading all these and regretting his actions.

Laughing so hard
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by CandyDiamond(f): 12:21am On Sep 03, 2016
CSTR2:
Nobody is denying the fact that they will be assimiliated. Ofcourse, igbos are civilized and would always recognize their own blood.
But when it comes to high positions, especially ones keenly contested in the Igbo community or as a group, that fellow is already at a massive disadvantage.
Infact, it would take a miracle for such a fellow to rise to any prominent position in igboland. That is the fact. It is inhumane(I know), but the fact nonetheless.
Children are traced to their father's house in igboland, and rise and fall on that merit.
Such decision come with consequences, the person taking such decision have already make up his mind to absorb insult, but the children children Will be well integrated
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by ikp120(m): 12:24am On Sep 03, 2016
cococandy:
Even with your mom telling you guys to forgive him, people will still blame her and accuse her of turning you guys against your father. Forgetting that you're not blind and can see the type of person he is.

Let the irresponsible men keep deceiving themselves. They never take responsibility for their kids and when the results of such actions come knocking, they turn around with the help of their sexist society to blame it on the women. Nothing is ever their faults.

Those sexist have not seen nothing at all. They don't know what life in a broken home is like, especially when your father is alive but doesn't want to have anything to do with his children. Then when something big about his child comes up, he would want to gain attention through it. That guy should have just switched to his mother's lineage and become part of Odua family. Like you didn't train me through school, then when I come to lime light you try to use me to gain global attention? No way. My mum should take the credit, not my father.

3 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 03, 2016
PaulIdu:
There is no bridge that money can't tear apart..the young man has to choose between his billionaire mum and his thousandnaire retired military pensioner father...your guess is as good as mine he chooses his mums wealth over his dad's blessings .
stop talking rubbish.its serves the father right.i know a lot of people that will say this and money was no where involved.men should do better and be a responsible father not just sperm donor. When the likes of Essien and Adebayo chose their mothers and their people over their greedy and absentia father,what money do their mothers have? Children don't go by hear say but what they see and experienced.

3 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by PaulIdu: 12:29am On Sep 03, 2016
tochimas:
please the father is seeking attention with his by lying about not being given called. Did his talk to the boy about bringing his brother home,isn't the boy old enough to handle his relationships with his father. Instead the stupid man went to the press to start talking rubbish. Stop being biased please.some people have lost the right to be called father,a sperm donor isn't a father.

So you think a man that reached the enviable rank of Lt col of an Army is a man that would be unreasonable to be a sperm donor? Then you know nothing of the Army.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by PaulIdu: 12:33am On Sep 03, 2016
tochimas:
stop talking rubbish.its serves the father right.i know a lot of people that will say this and money was no where involved.men should do better and better a responsible father not just sperm donor. When the likes of Essien and Adebayo chose their mothers and their people over their greedy and absentia father,what money do their mothers have? Children don't go by hear say but what they see and experienced.

You are terrible woman I must say .go ahead and teach Ur sons to insult their father when the time comes ..remember those sons will be father's some day too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 03, 2016
ensamy:
Small pikin, He has never worked, he has never hustle everything is provided for him, he does not understand what it means for a man to use his hard earned money to pay dowry. Even if your father is evil donot curse him because he carries your blessings. I repeat he carries your blessings. God gave him that authority.
you better try your best to be the best father you can be.if you're thinking you will just donate sperm and come back later to claim father,after some else have laboured,you can hold your stupid blessing. Keep deceiving yourself and hiding under stupid jargon to act stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by loveourlagos(f): 12:38am On Sep 03, 2016
magicminister:

If my father abandoned me when I was little, I would slap the shittt out of him if he tries to tell me anything. He is just a sperm donor.

You type like a child grin

Only if you knew that there are thousands of people even on this platform whose father abandoned but would not go this route of insulting him in public.
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by SlayerSupreme: 12:40am On Sep 03, 2016
freshvine:

A wise and proud igbo man will find it difficult to pass the night in his maternal home how much more relocating there
You don't know what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by PaulIdu: 12:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Compliance:

Chairman, I guess u don't know his dad. I know him personally, and the man is stinkiingly rich, oduah is poor!

If his father is stinkiingly rich then why did he offer him flight tickets. .I am not even rich but nobody offers me flight tickets because they know I can afford one anytime
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by allstarfestus: 12:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Your foolishness will show forever...as old as you are, you are still not wise... , well you said it all...bastard...( instead to work for your money and takecare of your father... ,you are fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 03, 2016
PaulIdu:

So you think a man that reached the enviable rank of Lt col of an Army is a man that would be unreasonable to be a sperm donor? Then you know nothing of the Army.
there are sperm donors in every ranks and file of the society, irresponsible men abound everywhere.if you think it's only the poor ,then you're mistaken. He has every attributes of a sperm donor no matter what ranks he got.imagine spinning cheap lies just to gain cheap attention.you grown son called you about his brothers death,assuming the boy was not trained right,why didn't he started right there and tell him what he is suppose to do. That is what a responsible father would do.even if he is poor and he is not, he would tell the living son to bring his brother home to his father's house to be buried,instead he kept quiet and went to spread cheap lies about not being informed but reading about the death on newspapers.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by cococandy(f): 12:45am On Sep 03, 2016
Neither here nor there. Not supporting the dad but subtly doing so. Abeg swerve.
Nihilist:

I am not justifying the father's behaviour because I don't know the history , and I don't pretend to know the history.

It is very possible that a father who loves his kids can be denied access to them by a vindictive co-parent - This is the very reason why Custodial Rights are a key element of Family Law, and are one of the most contentious parts of Divorce Cases.

I personally don't care if the boy has issues with his dad. He can still cut his dad off without inviting public speculation in the manner that he has done. That is just daft.

As for you and the rest of your crew, you need to make sure you don't break your ankles while eagerly jumping to conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by cococandy(f): 12:48am On Sep 03, 2016
ikp120:

Those sexist have not seen nothing at all. They don't know what life in a broken home is like, especially when your father is alive but doesn't want to have anything to do with his children. Then when something big about his child comes up, he would want to gain attention through it. That guy should have just switched to his mother's lineage and become part of Odua family. Like you didn't train me through school, then when I come to lime light you try to use me to gain global attention? No way. My mum should take the credit, not my father.
leave them. Let them keep typing jargon so up and down. Telling people how to feel about their own absentee fathers. Like they are the ones it happened to.

4 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by waShine(m): 12:52am On Sep 03, 2016
juman:
nigerian women are strong women.

There are many women that are at the same time the mother and the father of their children.

And thats why they could anything to be opportuned, to the xtent of stealing national CAKE

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 03, 2016
esere826:
1, the young man made a public defense of his mum to counter the public attack of the dad
2, the young man although 'rightly' angry ought not to have used words such as mad and bastard. it doesnt tell well of his upbringing

3, the young man informed his dad alright, but offering tickets to his dad (although gracious) for burial almost like a visitor in such a strained relationship with complexities was punching too far above his weight. His elders from both side of the families should be the ones leading burial arrangements, while he supports from the side.

4, Legal laws trump customary laws. Did the boy being of legal age have a will that states he be buried in his mums land? if yes, and the mothers land accepts it, then case closed. The law has no time for emotions.

5, If there are no overriding legal laws for or against, then customary laws come into play

6, Whose customary law? Do the customary laws of both families agree on this issue? If yes, then they follow its laid down procedure, whatever it may be.

7, If the customary laws do not agree, then both families will need to come to an amicable compromise.

8, I think that is what the father referred to when he talked of returning bride price. In his culture it symbolises the severance of a relationship from its root.

9, As part of the possible resolution, just as someone suggested, Stella can also claim that the child does not belong to the man. The man can also disown his dead and living sons from Stella, and completely cut of any blood links.

you are right in some things. But not everyone has a good control of their emotions when bereaved and angry. There are some words he shouldn't have used. But I still say that man is an attention seeker. Assuming the boy was not raised well and calls you the father about his brother's death, what stops the father from correcting the boy and telling him what should be done.like he should bring his brother home and get involved in the process self. What was his intention when he lied on the pages of newspapers about not knowing but reading about the death on newspapers ?This boy has every right to be angry.
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by waShine(m): 12:54am On Sep 03, 2016
tafabaloo:
Ok.

Too bad and un-african like.

Well, I'm not qualified to be a judge in this matter. However, I think that whatever cld hav transpired between ur parents shld hav better remained between them, especially if you can't bring the needed peace.

It would have been beautiful if the unfortunate passing of ur brother had been exploited to bring the two together and subsequently make peace. Sad enough, the matter grew from bad to worse, perhaps ,owing to poor handling .

Be that as it may , I just pray that,may you never be served the same plate you just extended to d man you described as your father.

What goes around surely comes around..... Meanwhile, how would you feel when you get this kind of feedback from one you called your son because I doubt if you are a bastard .

KARMA LAW
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 03, 2016
Zico5:
Ok

why did you delete your original post cuz i read it from where you were quoted by another poster, in the face of a serious family matters the best you can contribute is to go tribal claiming that your region are saints..huh !!

instead of you to just read comments and improve your knowledge on family matters like so many other views

you soon forgot the case of; ;

Obasanjo and his daughter

Kemi Olunloyo and her father
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Akolawole(m): 1:45am On Sep 03, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Kids should never get involved in parent fight. Never take sides, because nobody knows the true except their parents.

Exactly
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 03, 2016
oyb:
So much for all the bs about ibos being model husbands.

the man in question is Igbo rather he's from S/S
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Akolawole(m): 1:49am On Sep 03, 2016
PaulIdu:

No matter how he tries to spin it he was wrong ..it wasn't his call to offer to send flight tickets to his dad and paternal family so they could attend the burial of his son on his estranged wife's village ..I don't think any man worth his salt and who knows his culture will accept that ..they have clearly been trained to insult thier father in exchange for stella oduas dollars
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 03, 2016
What army sir? You must think us foo.ls

PaulIdu:

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 03, 2016
JinX100:

This generation of indomie children, I weep!!. If your elder brother was 28 when he passed on (May his soul rest in peace) and you say the marriage separated almost 30 years ago, where and how old were you at that time? You judge your father based on your mother's side of story and not by what you saw!! May God forgive you!

Your mother agreed to marry a man with many wives and children from the beginning but left for reasons between she and her husband which apparently, you did not witness.

Chai!! May your children treat you the same way!!

its rather she left as the man took a second wife and that might be what leads to divorce...if the man was Igbo he wouldn't have taken another wife since it wasn't our culture

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by grandstar(m): 2:10am On Sep 03, 2016
PaulIdu:

The father claimed he was never informed. Apparently that was untrue since his son informed him the very day the death occurred. That lie is mischievous and highly damaging and discredits the man.

The latter about inviting the dad down to Amanda etc is all nonsense however.
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Ayatullah(m): 2:21am On Sep 03, 2016
Stella oduah, how have you trained your children?

Tuoyo! Tuoyo! Tuoyo! how dare you speak of your father this way. This is shameful, you should not have taken side with your mother, rather you should have continue to seek reconciliation between your mother and father.

Never too late to apologise to your father, even though you have done a lot of damage to your family's reputation in your fit of anger.

Grow up and be a man Tuoyo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Former President Jonathan's Exit (see Tweets) / 5 Sets Of Persons Who Betrayed Jonathan... And Nemesis Is Catching Up With Them / DSS Confirms Gunning Down Sunday Igboho’s Allies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.