Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (6260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6244286 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6257) (6258) (6259) (6260) (6261) (6262) (6263) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iliterateStupid: 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
World-class City

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iliterateStupid: 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
You can see that Benin Republic is on another level

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iliterateStupid: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
shocked

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iliterateStupid: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
It's that time of the day when the suffering and smiling she has to come to an end

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by surplusk: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
iliterateStupid:
Is time for the suffering and smiling Show season 3 start Benin Republic cotonou

You have started smoking your weeds again.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
samorobo:

Let me continue...
Owerri
Nice
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by surplusk: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Abeokuta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Centrifude(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
I don't know why South Africans decided to get involved in this shit, but since we're all here I'd like to correct My Country.

Joburg has to be one of the filthiest and most DANGEROUS places i go to, it is Disgusting !!!!

from the time you enter Hillbrow, then the surrounding areas of Small street and MTN tank rank and Bree Taxi Rank, thoseplaces are overflowing with hawkers who dump their sh*t on the ground, people piss in the middle of the streets, people steal manhole covers then someone will come and vandalise the water pipes and Cables.

The Joburg you see on those pictures is the Rich side or Joburg, the rest of it is cover in filth and every Crime you can imagine.

Joburg is Disgusting even the rich and decent sides need security guards posted at almost every corner just to keep people safe.

If you're a foreign national looking to come JHB i advise you not to, that place is shit, i f*cking hate it with a passion, i see all these things everyday.

Don't go to Joburg!!!

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IGpro1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Centrifude:
I don't know why South Africans decided to get involved in this shit, but since we're all here I'd like to correct My Country.

Joburg has to be one of the filthiest and most DANGEROUS places i go to, it is Disgusting !!!!

from the time you enter Hillbrow, then the surrounding areas of Small street and MTN tank rank and Bree Taxi Rank, thoseplaces are overflowing with hawkers who dump their sh*t on the ground, people piss in the middle of the streets, people steal manhole covers then someone will come and vandalise the water pipes and Cables.

The Joburg you see on those pictures is the Rich side or Joburg, the rest of it is cover in filth and every Crime you can imagine.

Joburg is Disgusting even the rich and decent sides need security guards posted at almost every corner just to keep people safe.

If you're a foreign national looking to come JHB i advise you not to, that place is shit, i f*cking hate it with a passion, i see all these things everyday.

Don't go to Joburg!!!
TBH!! I don't support This, you don't bash your country in a public forum. It's totally unpatriotic. One of the duties of a citizen is to defend your country by all means. She's your family and all you've got when the whole world turns against you.

Joburg of today is better than some cities in ten years time.

This coming from an old moniker is just bad!!!

You've given the Kenyans something to excite them for the rest of the week. Well, we all know the reality.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Centrifude(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
IGpro1:
TBH!! I don't support This, you don't bash your country in a public forum. It's totally unpatriotic. One of the duties of a citizen is to defend your country by all means. She's your family and all you've got when the whole world turns against you.

You've given the Kenyans something to excite them for the rest of the week. Well, we all know the reality.

I'm not bashing my Country I'm stating the reality of things.

People are in denial of the reality of our situation, we as Africans always refuse to accept the truth, we are genetically programmed to be in denial of the truth.

I'm very Patriotic, on weekends my friends and I try to clean up parts of Jhb CBD

one of my High school mates runs an online page to try and recruit people to help us address the issues of our country.

If you hide the fact that you have a problem, them people will continue as normal and not offer their help and you will suffer in silence because you want to portray a false image of your reality.

it's a Fact, Joburg is Sh*t and I hate it, but i haven't given up on it. which is why almost every Saturday we're out there cleaning or trying to recruit more people to help us build our country

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by surplusk: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Abeokua very cool and quite city.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
IGpro1:

Quite surprising coming from you. Had a lot of respect for you. Go back the last few pages and see who is obsessed with filth and empty talk. If its not Nigerians let me know. Whatever that guy wrote is nothing to excite a Kenyan. In fact, only Nigerians would be excited.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
jl115:
One of Africas cleanest cities, and Africas economic powerhouse

Johannesburg :

Welcome to the club! grin When you see yourself posting your country here you automatically know its a shythole country. You have officially been dragged into the poo.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IGpro1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
Centrifude:

I'm not bashing my Country I'm stating the reality of things.

People are in denial of the reality of our situation, we as Africans always refuse to accept the truth, we are genetically programmed to be in denial of the truth.

I'm very Patriotic, on weekends my friends and I try to clean up parts of Jhb CBD

one of my High school mates runs an online page to try and recruit people to help us address the issues of our country.

If you hide the fact that you have a problem, them people will continue as normal and not offer their help and you will suffer in silence because you want to portray a false image of your reality.

it's a Fact, Joburg is Sh*t and I hate it, but i haven't given up on it. which is why almost every Saturday we're out there cleaning or trying to recruit more people to help us build our country
ya. I know we are all fed up with the whole bullshit our politicians deliver to us. But let's also protect the image.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IGpro1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
TayserMahri:

Quite surprising coming from you. Had a lot of respect for you. Go back the last few pages and see who is obsessed with filth and empty talk. If its not Nigerians let me know. Whatever that guy wrote is nothing to excite a Kenyan. In fact, only Nigerians would be excited.
the kenya statement was actually for the fun of it. I don't take anything here seriously. I'll advice you don't either. wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
Centrifude:

Don't go to Joburg!!!

I believe we are on the same track...jiln5 talking poo about other but never wants other to talk about is poo..

We all know hillbrow, yeoville is dirty but trying to hide it whilst pointing fingers to others is insane...
But that doesn't stop joburg from being one of Africa's most advanced cities..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Danielnino00:

It's an African tradition..

What will u now call this ?

Its said that the practice was first carried out to make the women look ugly and unattractive when Arab merchants continually raided their villages in search of slaves.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
IGpro1:

You've given the Kenyans something to excite them for the rest of the week. Well, we all know the reality

Then they are insane..for worth is worth joburg is still very developed than most cities in sub Saharan Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
TayserMahri:

Welcome to the club! grin When you see yourself posting your country here you automatically know its a shythole country. You have officially been dragged into the poo.

So you know Kenya is a shithole.....

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Nigerians don't post any of our cities here....we are not rolling on the same level with Kenyans..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
TayserMahri:

I'm Trolling mate wink Don't make a scene, don't want the others to find out.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kazikazi:
Only in Tanzania..
This is a moving sand.it moves by a speed of a about 20 meters per year.Its a highly magnetized volcanic sand with makes it easier to move around collectively without mixing with other sands.What is also strange is,it have always having a moon shape

Am sure you dont know its called a sand dune, and that they all move in similar ways.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
NairobiWalker:

Stop being a fool dude. Logos is not Nairobi's match

Quit being useless... mentioning Lagos and nai-roberry in the same sentence is an insult to the former...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
jl115:
I'm Trolling mate wink Don't make a scene, don't want the others to find out.

wink

Cool.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
IGpro1:
the kenya statement was actually for the fun of it. I don't take anything here seriously. I'll advice you don't either. wink

wink wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
samorobo:

So you know Kenya is a shithole.....

Well, since you joined the thread, every picture posted is of a shythole country wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
samorobo:
Kazikazi you just discovered that Vanessa mdee is dating our brother Rotimi(you can remember him from the empire series)

Dee wagging grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
TayserMahri:

Well, since you joined the thread, every picture posted is of a shythole country wink

So it is safe to say Kenya is a shythole but don't drag other hard-working countries into your hell hole category grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
samorobo:

So it is safe to say Kenya is a shythole but don't drag other hard-working countries into your hell hole category grin

You are a shythole person sammy angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kazikazi:
What I want us Africans to stop doing is blaming others for all our misfortunes. Blaming others is a waste of time.Most of our problems are from within.
Just look at those fellaz captured as slaves in those olden days,why they were taken like sheep's? What made them too stupid to develop themselves until the whites came and capture them like pumpkins?

It wasnt very hard to capture the slaves because the indegenes gratefully captured rival tribes whom they were competing with or at war with. We can agree that the African is his own greatest enemy. Welcoming, trusting, largely disinterested in anything beyond the here and now, and consequently rarely innovative for the future, and more than willing to sell his rival brothers off believing they are getting rid of a problem. They couldnt see that in the future when their rivals are depleted they would be next. No better recap explains the scenario more than the famous Tanzania slave trade.

In the interior, the Arab traders would often take advantage of local rivalries and encourage powerful African tribes to capture their enemies and sell them into slavery. In this way, men, women and children were exchanged for beads, corn or lengths of cloth. When the Arab traders had gathered enough slaves, sometimes up to a thousand, they returned to the coast. Although the Koran forbade cruelty to slaves, this was frequently ignored on the long journey to Zanzibar: the slaves were tied together in long lines, with heavy wooden yokes at their necks or iron chains around their ankles which remained in place day and night until they reached the coast.

The trade in slaves was closely linked to the trade in ivory: the Arab traders also bought tusks from the Africans and some of the captured slaves may have had to carry these on their heads as they marched towards the coast. If a woman carrying a baby on her back became too weak to carry both child and ivory, the child would be killed or abandoned to make the ivory load easier to carry. Any slaves unable to march were also killed and left behind for the vultures and hyenas. The passage of a slave caravan was marked by a long line of decaying corpses.

After many weeks or months of marching, the slave caravans reached the coast at ports such as Kilwa and Bagamoyo. Here, the slaves were loaded onto dhows, seldom more than 30–35m long, and taken to Zanzibar. Each dhow carried between 200 and 600 slaves, all crammed below decks on specially constructed bamboo shelves with about 1m of headroom. There was not enough room to sit, or to kneel or squat, just a crippling combination of the three. Sometimes slaves were closely packed in open boats, their bodies exposed day and night to the sea and the rain. They were thirsty, hungry and seasick and many died of exhaustion. Meals consisted of a daily handful of rice and a cup of stagnant water. Sanitation was non-existent and disease spread rapidly. When any illness was discovered, infected slaves were simply thrown overboard.

By the time the slaves reached Zanzibar, they were suffering from starvation and the effects of torturously cramped conditions: it was sometimes a week after landing before
they could straighten their legs. The slave traders paid customs duty on all slaves who landed, so any considered too weak to live were thrown overboard as the ship approached the port. Even so, many more slaves died in the Customs House or on the
streets between the port and the market.

Before being put on sale, the slaves who did survive were cleaned so that they would fetch a better price. Men and boys had their skins oiled and were given a strip of material to put around their waist. Women and girls were draped in cloth, and sometimes even adorned with necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Generous layers of henna and kohl were smeared onto their foreheads and eyebrows.

The slaves were put on sale in the market in the late afternoon. They were arranged in lines, with the youngest and smallest at the front and the tallest at the rear, and paraded through the market by their owner, who would call out the selling prices. The owner would assure potential buyers that the slaves had no defects in speech or hearing, and that there was no disease present. Buyers would examine the arms, mouths, teeth and eyes of the slaves, and the slaves were often made to walk or run, to prove they were capable of work. Once their suitability had been established, they were sold to the highest bidder. After being sold to a new owner, slaves were either put to work in the houses and plantations of Zanzibar or else transported again, on a much longer sea voyage, to Oman or elsewhere in the Indian Ocean. However, the slaves were relatively well treated when they arrived at their new homes. They were fed, housed and clothed, and given small plots of land, with time off to tend them. Young mothers were rarely separated from their children, and good slaves were often freed after a few years. Many took paid jobs, such as gardeners and farmers, for their previous masters: some even became leaders of slave caravans or masters of slave ships.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kazikazi:
The idiot don't get it.
Africans haven't changed. Look at Kenya.How much money they wasted on constructing a single track,diesel powered,a short railway network? Billions of dollars wasted.The politicians with some Chinese fellows inflated the prices. Most of the money gained through that madness went to overseas and is hidden in those banks over there.Are we going to still defending the stupidity of Kenyans and their leaders?

I've told you countless times before, the day Tanzania completes the electrified SGR and it proves workable in a 3 rd world, highly indebted poor country, come back and lets talk. Im sure it will enter the guiness records among the most misplaced priorities of any 3rd world country. As far as is concerned now, the Kenyan railway has no rival in its class, not even the Ethio_Djibouti railway (and no hate, we dont beef Ethios btw). In fact, it will or should be used as a model by other aspiring nations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Big and Bold: Safarini, Kenya’s new magazine for train passengers

Whether you are travelling by road, air, rail or on water, an inflight/ board magazine works as a rich resource of providing the outside world’s information through its various sections. It not only informs the traveler with different lifestyle stories with majority travel related thereby enriching them with some excellent information about destinations, the new initiatives of the carrier, new products launched by some major brands in the market, latest fashion trends, and entertainment.

It is for this need that Kenya railways has launched Kenya’s first ever magazine for train passengers, Safarini, on board the SGR’s Madaraka Express. The magazine, which is free, will be distributed to all passengers on board. Safarini magazine is all about changing perceptions. The saying goes “If you want to hide something from Africans, put it in a book.” With the introduction to SGRs on transit magazine, such statements will cease to exist.

Over the years, inflight / on transit magazines have evolved into true lifestyle publications. It’s not uncommon to see stories from top travel journalists or exposés on exotic cuisine. Safarini seeks to promote among other things, the country’s tourism sector.

Speaking at the launch, Mrs Hellen Wamuiga, a director at Kenya Railways, says the magazine was born out of the need to also promote the country’s reading culture. Noticing an idle, somber almost dull commute for some Kenyans, Ms. Wamuiga says Safarini comes with”an extra special sauce.” It is a way for Kenyans to escape, discover new destinations, shop or get lost in an article. It’s all part of creating an exciting adventure in their journey. The event was held at the beautiful Nairobi terminus station.

With an array of high quality well-articulated pieces, Safarini opens up the opportunity for journalists to openly express their talent. Local stores now have the chance to move their products globally and children remain mentally stimulated with interactive games. Publications like these are also unique because they cater to an audience that cannot escape them. So, in short, they have the ability to steal their readers attention.

Since the launch of Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) train services, it has become a significant component of the country’s overall infrastructure revitalization and transformation. The Madaraka Express, which operates four trains daily between Nairobi and the port city of Mombasa, ferried 1.7 million passengers in 2018. The figure is more than double the passengers the train service, dubbed Madaraka Express, carried from mid-2017, when it started, till the end of 2017, the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) said in a report.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6257) (6258) (6259) (6260) (6261) (6262) (6263) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.