Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce (32516 Views)

Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) / Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce At Halima Babangida's Wedding In Minna (Photos) / Jonathan & Ben Murray-bruce At The Burial Of Alamiyeseigha (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Jalinco: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2016
I hate when a man looks like Obama but thinks like a Niger delta militant
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by odomanis: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2016
divinehand2003:
Lol
I dey laugh oooo
What kind of progress took place during the administration of the Clueless one?
You must be day dreaming Mr Ben. Wake up joor and stop spilling lies that are unfounded and ridiculous.

Have you forgotten that so many Nigerians (millions)wanted GEJ to continue by voting for him ? Do you not see that even after losing the election by less than 3million votes, he still has a lot of followership and supporters ? It is only Ben Bruce that thinks he moved Nigeria forward,more than 40% of Nigerians thought so and now the number is even more because I have seen a lot of those who campaigned and voted for BMP that now regret doing so. Unfortunately, your Baba is reversing all the progress made.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Swizdom(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2016
Goke7:
If PMB had allowed the jagaban's camp to handle the economy, the likes of ben bruce will not come up with this thrash. How come with all the recession, Lagos state is still implementing projects all over the place. PMB is not getting his politics right and these PDP goons are already taking advantage.

Honestly I don't blame Bruce, I blame the APC who can't keep their house together all because jagaban must be tamed. Already there is panic in edo state as APC is likely to loose hence the plan to postpone the guber elections.

Its high time PMB get his politics right but seriously we were making progress under Jonathan? chai its better to allow dasuki run the country then grin

I respect your comment, bro. Others are busy writing like they've got no sense at all. Both GEJ and PMB are clueless!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2016
divinehand2003:
Lol
I dey laugh oooo
What kind of progress took place during the administration of the Clueless one?
You must be day dreaming Mr Ben. Wake up joor and stop spilling lies that are unfounded and ridiculous.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Adminisher: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2016
Nigeria was NOT progressing under Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by sammyj: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2016
By their names we shall know them. TodayBoy imagine the name!!!! angry grin shocked grin
omofunaab:

Oshey adult. ...2 years Haba. ...

Please wail reasonably next time
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by FunkyMetahuman: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2016
MropeEleniyan00:

My man i hate politics actually but didn't read all your words okay but let me tell you....Continue dwelling on ur past..You never succeed..take the bull by the horn & work hard & keep believing mehn...APC sucks cos they are shit in the ass....Aregbesola no be so APC abi...
fayoshe no be PDP? Dickson no be PDP?

critical thinking - zero.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
You'd think being educated translates to being well informed. Unfortunately the first doesn't guarantee the later.
Anyone who keeps saying we should stop blaming GEJ is being economical with the truth. The truth is GEJ wrecked Nigeria with his handling of the economy. He didn't have to blame anyone before him because NO ONE ELSE had been so clueless, dull and Ineffectual as himself.

If we still have any truly sane man doubting that Nigeria would have been long grounded had GEJ managed to rig himself in, such person needs to be constantly reminded where the Ineffectual Buffoon left us:
1. The IB was already borrowing to pay salaries when crude was selling at $75 per barrel. At $40 per barrel, what miracle will he have done?

2. The paper Economist, who supervised crashing of the economy clearly stated that Nigerians should brace up for tough times ahead the moment crude fell to around $65 per barrel. Does tough times mean merry making times at $40 per barrel?

3. Despite earning unprecedented amounts from crude, the IB couldn't grow our reserves but even embezzled what he met.

4. About 28 of 36 States were owing their workers for up to eight months in some cases and there was already hunger in the land. Why didn't GEJ bail them out? Had Buhari not come to intervene just about three months into his tenure, what would have happened to those workers then?

Recently, the Gele woman who couldn't choose to resign to protect her name, revealed in a well publicized video that GEJ had zero will to save. Where there's shame, she will apologize to Nigerians for wasting our resources in times of abundance.

Nigerians indeed lack capacity for critical thinking. And it's the reason we will continue to be taken for a ride by the looters. We see those who genuinely are working for our betterment as enemies while blindly praising the real enemies as benefactors just because of crumbs of today. This is indeed very shameful!
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by PassingShot(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2016
arisanate:
This clearly shows someone is still feeding and housing you. keep it up until you are 40
grin grin
My first born is past 15 years. So, figure out my age, toddler.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by ministeriallist: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2016
Jalinco:
I hate when a man looks like Obama but thinks like a Niger delta militant
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2016
todayboy:

We are the best economy in africa under Jonathan
best on paper, but dying in reality!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2016
Your future is tied to your past that is why we are thought history. It doesn't amount to a reverse I see it as progress. We are not bastards we have a history. Always, remember where you are coming from my people...
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by excel101(m): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2016
iyrojc:

And what progress have we made under your PMB regime? Under Pmb we be a Fanstastically corrupt Nation, A government full of Liars, National budget was padded, inflation hitting the roof. My dear, it would have been better we were in that clueless regime.
One of the progress made under PMB is; before he was elected in Nigeria was among the corrupt nations in the world, but now Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. That's a feather on his PMB's cap.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Buhari has a track record for failure. The same thing happened when he was military head of state in 2003. So many that voted for him were not born then or too young to know what happened. The person who actually ran the government then was his vice, Idiagbon.
2003? Lol. Commander in Chief is not active while is deputy is making the actions. See ur reasoning! Who approves actions carried-out?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Orikinla(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2016
[size=20pt]Nigeria was progressing under former President Goodluck Jonathan and you were owing Union Bank billions of naira. Shameless debtor![/size].
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by ShySteady(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2016
omofunaab:

Mr adult, if 15 months is enough to start seeing changes then 16 years is enough for us to be in paradise

I'm in shock!
You blame GEJ, and praise OBJ then turn around and cast aspersions on PDP's 16 years' rule. What kind of confused person are you?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by kizyalex10(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2016
Who re even these pDp these APC re talking about.is it pDp as a party as a name or individuals.cos the last time I checked,70percent of this current apc govt is made up of former PDP,amaechi nd co,even d el rufai who said that the worst job in Nigeria is to become a governor(imagine that hipocryte)because they re clearing the mess of the past administration,which he himself was a minister.mtcheeeew.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 08, 2016
princemillla:
Can Bruce shut the Bleep up..... Someone that inherit a huge amount of money and a Rossy oil price.... Who should he blame? And what could e the basis for the blame.... When oil was over 100 usd, excess crude acc is piling up, reserve is doing well. Compare to what he Gej left. The founder of sense making actually doesn't have sense himself
the truth is, only very few people are rational in Nigeria. No sane person will applaud GEJ for crashing Nigeria. Still wondering one tangible project achieved during GEJ ''s time of boom. No refinery was fixed, roads neva completed, electricity zero. A pity!
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by vic155: 10:17am On Sep 08, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Buhari has a track record for failure. The same thing happened when he was military head of state in 2003. So many that voted for him were not born then or too young to know what happened. The person who actually ran the government then was his vice, Idiagbon.

2003!!! shocked
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by spartan50(m): 10:19am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
You'd think being educated translates to being well informed. Unfortunately the first doesn't guarantee the later.
Anyone who keeps saying we should stop blaming GEJ is being economical with the truth. The truth is GEJ wrecked Nigeria with his handling of the economy. He didn't have to blame anyone before him because NO ONE ELSE had been so clueless, dull and Ineffectual as himself.

If we still have any truly sane man doubting that Nigeria would have been long grounded had GEJ managed to rig himself in, such person needs to be constantly reminded where the Ineffectual Buffoon left us:
1. The IB was already borrowing to pay salaries when crude was selling at $75 per barrel. At $40 per barrel, what miracle will he have done?

2. The paper Economist, who supervised crashing of the economy clearly stated that Nigerians should brace up for tough times ahead the moment crude fell to around $65 per barrel. Does tough times mean merry making times at $40 per barrel?

3. Despite earning unprecedented amounts from crude, the IB couldn't grow our reserves but even embezzled what he met.

4. About 28 of 36 States were owing their workers for up to eight months in some cases and there was already hunger in the land. Why didn't GEJ bail them out? Had Buhari not come to intervene just about three months into his tenure, what would have happened to those workers then?

Recently, the Gele woman who couldn't choose to resign to protect her name, revealed in a well publicized video that GEJ had zero will to save. Where there's shame, she will apologize to Nigerians for wasting our resources in times of abundance.

Nigerians indeed lack capacity for critical thinking. And it's the reason we will continue to be taken for a ride by the looters. We see those who genuinely are working for our betterment as enemies while blindly praising the real enemies as benefactors just because of crumbs of today. This is indeed very shameful!
How market now bros

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Amitex(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2016
todayboy:

So 15 months of president is not for us to start seeing changes than destroying the minds of nigerians to blame on every situation

I repeat kids I'd nowadays are pathetic
So, you are so proud that a thriving economy handed to Buhari can be so battered in 15 months. I thought Buhari was the messiah you preached about. If it takes APC 15 months to destroy a thriving economy, I am wondering how long it will take to rebuild it
Living in denial is the greatest firm of STUPIDITY!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by MropeEleniyan00(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
fayoshe no be PDP? Dickson no be PDP?

critical thinking - zero.

I didn't want to deviate into it well bro...Ur the one with critical thinking zero cos i just saw you are?..This APC government governors are saint are now because they are in power..2019 we will see the rest..They same circuit ruling us since 1960 till now...Believe or don't believe GEJ & his morons only did their part of a collateral damage to Nigerians..it has started long time ago from Awolowos.Balewas,Obis,etc of our heroes..Why do we all continue blaming him as if he his the only person that gave us problem...His GEJ the only person that spent $140 per barrel fuels funds...Where are the governors,senators,honourables,etc & most them are still in this present Government am i lieing? My brother listen & listen good...Pray for Nigeria or we are doom cos this Fulani & his present morons are abit clueless because the APC isn't ready to rule the most populated black race in the World neither the PDP but someone must be there..So help us God...Politics isn't by the mouth bro..
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by coolplanet: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

If you feel u know better, in accounting there is what we call asset and liability. During handover period, all these were given to the govt of the day and he signed.
What is the word CHANGE if not to correct mistakes of the past.
when you blame, you cant progress.
Bible says remember not the former things or the things of old. i guess you have not come across that scripture.
for instance, if a management mismanages the activities of the organization and was sacked, a new management comes on board to do a transformation. The new management will not give excuse to the board of directors that it cant manage the process due to the past mismanagement. The new management proffers solutions by coming up with sound policies that will make them meet their goals and objectives. With this, i believed you are lectured.
You can blame Jonathan forever but nobody,i repeat nobody can pull his hair off muchmore arresting him.
If not for him,you and I might not be alive to write .he showed respect to our soul by handing over honourably.this shows he has the fear of God.I am not supporting his shortcoming but we need not to blame but look for solutions.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by AntiWailer: 10:25am On Sep 08, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
mr man address the issue here it's about the incompetence of this useless government the masses are suffering you guys get mind ooo
little wonder some reasonable ones among you have left you guys to your folly
Beremx Keneking a good example i bet you didn't even championed apc course half as these guys did but they didn't hesitate to condemn the government when it seems obvious that things are not getting better.
search your conscience bro because this blame game is getting stale by the day even lair Muhammed the charlatan have stopped it a bit

I did not champion anybody's course and i dnt av to. I am a common sense citizen not a politician.

The fact remains that Buhari was the best alternative during the election and even now. You can join PDP in screaming we told them.

There is no money to share by Dansuki so they can send you to go and restore the lost glory by dead brain arguments.

We can talk about impact and forget the cause i guess.

NB: Election is over, just deal with it.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by chernest2002: 10:26am On Sep 08, 2016
I wish buhari blames gej till 2019 so that hunger Will reset zombies to waillers.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by chronique(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2016
Can you tell us how much GEj met in our foregn reserves?
princemillla:
Can Bruce shut the Bleep up..... Someone that inherit a huge amount of money and a Rossy oil price.... Who should he blame? And what could e the basis for the blame.... When oil was over 100 usd, excess crude acc is piling up, reserve is doing well. Compare to what he Gej left. The founder of sense making actually doesn't have sense himself
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Tokziby: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2016
Ken4Christ:

Somebody help me ooo, how many Nigeria do we have?... someone is re-writing history here ooo. Abeg who remember voting PMB as military head of state in 2003.. 13years ago? or where in the world do people vote for Military to become head of state? Some people can LIE!!!! Our education is completely dead if people like this could on here and post such rubbish and people still went ahead and liked the comment. MOD should kindly ban some people from posting comments. Na wah oooo PMB voted as military head of state in 2003

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by PassingShot(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2016
coolplanet:

If you feel u know better, in accounting there is what we call asset and liability. During handover period, all these were given to the govt of the day and he signed.
What is the word CHANGE if not to correct mistakes of the past.
when you blame, you cant progress.
Bible says remember not the former things or the things of old. i guess you have not come across that scripture.
for instance, if a management mismanages the activities of the organization and was sacked, a new management comes on board to do a transformation. The new management will not give excuse to the board of directors that it cant manage the process due to the past mismanagement. The new management proffers solutions by coming up with sound policies that will make them meet their goals and objectives. With this, i believed you are lectured.
You can blame Jonathan forever but nobody,i repeat nobody can pull his hair off muchmore arresting him.
If not for him,you and I might not be alive to write .he showed respect to our soul by handing over honourably.this shows he has the fear of God.I am not supporting his shortcoming but we need not to blame but look for solutions.
Anyone who has a decent understanding of how economies work would know the principle of cause and effect. He will also know that an economy destroyed for sixteen years cannot be rebuilt in a year or even two without going through tough times. Change is not same as miracle!

If Bruce didn't talk about this nonsense, when last did the govt play the blame game? But if any of PDP sympathizers bring this issue up, we have tge right to remind Nigerians how we got here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by mrnigeria(m): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

You have sense.
I'm disappointed by the level of thinking of the average Nigerian.
it is very sad that they would criticise the first govt trying to do the right thing.
Our exports increased this year and is projected to continue that way.
Our agriculture is looking up for the first time in a long time.
The current hardship is inevitable... The GEJ govt could have prevented it if they were more responsible with spending.
I rest my case.

All those in support of GEJs govt should be examined. they are the problem with this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by 4four(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2016
todayboy:
You write like a kid so after 2 years as President buuhari still blaming past government

Its pathetic the way children if nowadays reason

Mr adult, pls how much is price of oil when dulladio came in and how much is it now, what re d other source of revenue to govt when d wise one uncle jeg was handing over to dulladio pmb. frm my own understanding obasanjo handed mono economy to yaradua and yaradua also left mono economy for jeg but what i do not understand now is if the wise one uncle jeg hand over mono economy, if na mono economy he hand over with all the money that was generated during his 5 or 6yrs govt plus d huge amount of money dt ape call obj left in nigeria coffer with low debt profile then u should not xpect d so call dullard to perform miracle for less than 2yr in power with low revenue frm una mono economy. if i may ask how did think it will take to divisify an economy of nation, dont tell 1 or 3yr even 4yrs will b miracle. hope re not xpecting him to sell his cow to finance nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by oyinkinola: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2016
....can bruce embrace #ChangeBeginWithMe?
this legislative is the worst ever Nigeria ever have since independence, how many motion ben raised to savage the hardship of Nigeria?
instead of facing Nigerian problems they were there padding the budget!
if Buhari didn't look backwards what his age meant for, African adage said ( when child fall down, he looks forward but when older fall down he looks backwards)...but is ben bruce still African?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Drops Governorship Ambition After Son’s Murder In US / Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? / Bode George: Osinbajo Was Silent When I Confronted Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.