Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce (32511 Views)

Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) / Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce At Halima Babangida's Wedding In Minna (Photos) / Jonathan & Ben Murray-bruce At The Burial Of Alamiyeseigha (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by mmsen: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2016
AZeD1:
GEJ blamed cabals.
Different sides same coin.

And we still see how cabals are using their influence to push stupid policies such as the FOREX policy on top of the foolish petroleum product subsidy.

The oil price has dropped but that is only 15% the economy - what happened to the rest? Why has that stagnated? Have any of the policies pushed by this administration helped rather than hindered this economy?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2016
i see no difference between Buhari and other Nigerian Leaders
it seems Buhari has his own 50 laptop crew too, paid e-warriors whose jobs are to repeat lies so much that it sounds like the truth,
Buhari on nairaland is the messiah, yet on the streets i see people close to being deranged, hungry and broke... lol..
maybe the govt want to reudce us to almajiris left with no jobs, no money or food and become destitute with begging bowls
that is probably the plan because i see no reason for tightening imports, letting the naira free fall, letting the price of oil free fall at thE same time knowing that marketers and BDC operators operate like a racket, in semi monopolistic state.
also letting companies shut down and migrate en masse, while frustrating local and small scale industries by multiple taxations and demolitions, maybe Buhari wants everyone to be poor so he and his family can lord over us, i dont know, but i have lived long enough to see that impossible scenarios become realities.Throughout our history as a nation we have had our own fair share of despots, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, OBJ and his third term, bad leaders have always been disgraced out of power, if it has happened once, it will happen again. Posterity will be our judge
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by emmak2k4(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2016
todayboy:

So 15 months of president is not for us to start seeing changes than destroying the minds of nigerians to blame on every situation

I repeat kids I'd nowadays are pathetic

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by mmsen: 10:37am On Sep 08, 2016
spartan50:

Keep leaving in the past. Obj met worse but he built up the reserve. Let your saviour save the economy and save you from hunger. I guess you don't how much for rice now? Wise up brother this is his challenge let him face it squarely and stop complaining... We don't want noise and you shut the hell up and focus on your life instead of defending numb skulls. God bless Nigeria

You cannot eat money.

Money sat idle does nothing for anyone.

You people are obsessed with 'reserves' rather than production or anything that would aid development.

Why don't you ask what OBJ did with all the money that was meant to be used to revitalize the electricity sector?

OBJ was simply an extension of the military era which is why Nigeria is where it is and why electing Buhari was foolish.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by FunkyMetahuman: 10:37am On Sep 08, 2016
MropeEleniyan00:

I didn't want to deviate into it well bro...Ur the one with critical thinking zero cos i just saw you are?..This APC government governors are saint are now because they are in power..2019 we will see the rest..They same circuit ruling us since 1960 till now...Believe or don't believe GEJ & his morons only did their part of a collateral damage to Nigerians..it has started long time ago from Awolowos.Balewas,Obis,etc of our heroes..Why do we all continue blaming him as if he his the only person that gave us problem...His GEJ the only person that spent $140 per barrel fuels funds...Where are the governors,senators,honourables,etc & most them are still in this present Government am i lieing? My brother listen & listen good...Pray for Nigeria or we are doom cos this Fulani & his present morons are abit clueless because the APC isn't ready to rule the most populated black race in the World neither the PDP but someone must be there..So help us God...Politics isn't by the mouth bro..

you see.. when I said critical thinking zero... you thought I was abusing you.

this post is about not blaming the predecessor.. all you have done was contrary to what Bruce said. I bet you didn't think that one through huh?

plus, nobody said APC are saint.. APC are crooks just like the rest of other political parties in the world.
but telling us not to blame PDP is dumb because they caused the problem.(you lot tried to make it look like buhari/apc is the cause of bad economy that has been happening even before they took power) such statement should to resisted by any right thinking person..
the problem PDP faced was caused by 30 something years of military rule.

what we should be asking buhari and APC government is what they are doing to fix the problem and not be blaming them for the problem..

critical thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 10:37am On Sep 08, 2016
[s]
AntiWailer:

I did not champion anybody's course and i dnt av to. I am a common sense citizen not a politician.

The fact remains that Buhari was the best alternative during the election and even now. You can join PDP in screaming we told them.

There is no money to share by Dansuki so they can send you to go and restore the lost glory by dead brain arguments.

We can talk about impact and forget the cause i guess.

NB: Election is over, just deal with it.

[/s]
still living in coockoo island
keep deceiving your mind
well even during Abacha's Regime some people considered him the best thing ever including Buhari the useless gworo chewing brainless dullard so no suprise when you say that a useless man that destroyed the country in just one year is a better option.
facts remains that Gej is the best thing that happened to this country since 1960 even Buhari knows this cool
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Angrymode: 10:40am On Sep 08, 2016
omofunaab:

Mr adult, if 15 months is enough to start seeing changes then 16 years is enough for us to be in paradise

Was GEJ in power for 16yrs?

OK even if we agree to play the blame game and ignore our useless past military leaders (Buhari included), was there once the country was this frustrated like now?

Well shout out to all those that said almost two years is not enough to judge Buhari's administration but I am certain we all are feeling the effects of almost 2yrs of careless decision making.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by FunkyMetahuman: 10:40am On Sep 08, 2016
mmsen:

And we still see how cabals are using their influence to push stupid policies such as the FOREX policy on top of the foolish petroleum product subsidy.

The oil price has dropped but that is only 15% the economy - what happened to the rest? Why has that stagnated? Have any of the policies pushed by this administration helped rather than hindered this economy?
most policies don't take effect immediately .. it takes time.

gej automotive policy was done in 2012, we didn't see the effect until 2015.

let's give the government a chance and if they cannot proof themselves we vote them out.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by coolplanet: 10:40am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

Anyone who has a decent understanding of how economies work would know the principle of cause and effect. He will also know that an economy destroyed for sixteen years cannot be rebuilt in a year or even two without going through tough times. Change is not same as miracle!

If Bruce didn't talk about this nonsense, when last did the govt play the blame game? But if any of PDP sympathizers bring this issue up, we have tge right to remind Nigerians how we got here.

I got you,but why do you have to promise what you cant do all in the name of campaign .Do you know lie is equally a sin before God.Promise what you can do.in such case,you have integrity for not telling lies.As a lay man I knew all the promises cant be achieved as stated in their campaign that was why I refused to vote.Maybe you are young during obasanjos campaign,he promised heaven and earth.i voted for him but he let us down.i was even a card carrying member of pdp.i was in ota farm for the celebration.All politicians are same.Let God bring a messiah who is not sentimental in his approach.I pray
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by sirmondex(m): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2016
Not making a common sense this time
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by OBAGADAFFI: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

Anyone who has a decent understanding of how economies work would know the principle of cause and effect. He will also know that an economy destroyed for sixteen years cannot be rebuilt in a year or even two without going through tough times. Change is not same as miracle!

If Bruce didn't talk about this nonsense, when last did the govt play the blame game? But if any of PDP sympathizers bring this issue up, we have tge right to remind Nigerians how we got here.

What economy do we have before 16 years of PDP?

What what is our foreign debt before OBJ(PDP) came into power.

What is our foreign reserves before OBJ(PDP) came into power.

What is our banking capitalisation before OBJ(PDP) came into power.

Do you even know that the looted funds by the military before 1999 is still being recovered till date.

Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by PassingShot(m): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

What economy do we have before 16 years of PDP?

What what is our foreign debt before OBJ(PDP) came into power.

What is our foreign reserves before OBJ(PDP) came into power.

What is our banking capitalisation before OBJ(PDP) came into power.

Do you even know that the looted funds by the military before 1999 is still being recovered till date.

Stop saying what you don't know.

It would have served your position right if you provided answers to those questions. Do that and we'll talking.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by sexyellency(m): 10:44am On Sep 08, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Buhari has a track record for failure. The same thing happened when he was military head of state in 2003. So many that voted for him were not born then or too young to know what happened. The person who actually ran the government then was his vice, Idiagbon.
Military head of state in 2003?..hmm, I'm seeing things. I guess hatred has affected ur cerebrum or u went to buy fake book of current affairs.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by highbeekeys(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2016
Fool
first Bruce represents BAYELSA east.

Secondly, is it not this same man that I do c on TV calling for prudence and talking against corruption during the GEJ era

Bruce must be day dreaming to think that Nigerians are fools and would believe that GEJ is capable enough to blame his predecessors.

That cowardly and ever-drinking corrupt old fool called G**.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by mmsen: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
most policies don't take effect immediately .. it takes time.

gej automotive policy was done in 2012, we didn't see the effect until 2015.

let's give the government a chance and if they cannot proof themselves we vote them out.

The policies that Buhari has instituted were tried previously in the 1980s and failed and have caused economic collapse elsewhere, most recently in Venezuela.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by PassingShot(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2016
coolplanet:

I got you,but why do you have to promise what you cant do all in the name of campaign .Do you know lie is equally a sin before God.Promise what you can do.in such case,you have integrity for not telling lies.As a lay man I knew all the promises cant be achieved as stated in their campaign that was why I refused to vote.Maybe you are young during obasanjos campaign,he promised heaven and earth.i voted for him but he let us down.i was even a card carrying member of pdp.i was in ota farm for the celebration.All politicians are same.Let God bring a messiah who is not sentimental in his approach.I pray
All what APC promised cannot be delivered. And it's same throughout the world. And whatever they promised was within their four year term. Not two years.

I've been voting since 1992 general elections. I campaigned and voted for MKO. That should give you an idea of my age.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by frugal(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2016
todayboy:

Nigeria needs solutions to the recession kids are talking of punctuation
I wish punctuations can save the economy.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by FunkyMetahuman: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2016
mmsen:

The policies that Buhari has instituted were tried previously in the 1980s and failed and have caused economic collapse elsewhere, most recently in Venezuela.

policies like?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Deen77: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
You'd think being educated translates to being well informed. Unfortunately the first doesn't guarantee the later.
Anyone who keeps saying we should stop blaming GEJ is being economical with the truth. The truth is GEJ wrecked Nigeria with his handling of the economy. He didn't have to blame anyone before him because NO ONE ELSE had been so clueless, dull and Ineffectual as himself.

If we still have any truly sane man doubting that Nigeria would have been long grounded had GEJ managed to rig himself in, such person needs to be constantly reminded where the Ineffectual Buffoon left us:
1. The IB was already borrowing to pay salaries when crude was selling at $75 per barrel. At $40 per barrel, what miracle will he have done?

2. The paper Economist, who supervised crashing of the economy clearly stated that Nigerians should brace up for tough times ahead the moment crude fell to around $65 per barrel. Does tough times mean merry making times at $40 per barrel?

3. Despite earning unprecedented amounts from crude, the IB couldn't grow our reserves but even embezzled what he met.

4. About 28 of 36 States were owing their workers for up to eight months in some cases and there was already hunger in the land. Why didn't GEJ bail them out? Had Buhari not come to intervene just about three months into his tenure, what would have happened to those workers then?

Recently, the Gele woman who couldn't choose to resign to protect her name, revealed in a well publicized video that GEJ had zero will to save. Where there's shame, she will apologize to Nigerians for wasting our resources in times of abundance.

Nigerians indeed lack capacity for critical thinking. And it's the reason we will continue to be taken for a ride by the looters. We see those who genuinely are working for our betterment as enemies while blindly praising the real enemies as benefactors just because of crumbs of today. This is indeed very shameful!

February this year is $27 per barrel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by OBAGADAFFI: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

It would have served your position right if you provided answers to those questions. Do that and we'll talking.

Didn't you just said an imaginary economy was destroyed for 16 years?

There was no serious economic activity before 1999.

Nigeria Foreign Exchange Reserves 1998-2016

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/foreign-exchange-reserves
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Tonyreal49(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2016
Una no still no say
all this things Na the sign of the End Time
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by currentbrands(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
You'd think being educated translates to being well informed. Unfortunately the first doesn't guarantee the later.
Anyone who keeps saying we should stop blaming GEJ is being economical with the truth. The truth is GEJ wrecked Nigeria with his handling of the economy. He didn't have to blame anyone before him because NO ONE ELSE had been so clueless, dull and Ineffectual as himself.

If we still have any truly sane man doubting that Nigeria would have been long grounded had GEJ managed to rig himself in, such person needs to be constantly reminded where the Ineffectual Buffoon left us:
1. The IB was already borrowing to pay salaries when crude was selling at $75 per barrel. At $40 per barrel, what miracle will he have done?

2. The paper Economist, who supervised crashing of the economy clearly stated that Nigerians should brace up for tough times ahead the moment crude fell to around $65 per barrel. Does tough times mean merry making times at $40 per barrel?

3. Despite earning unprecedented amounts from crude, the IB couldn't grow our reserves but even embezzled what he met.

4. About 28 of 36 States were owing their workers for up to eight months in some cases and there was already hunger in the land. Why didn't GEJ bail them out? Had Buhari not come to intervene just about three months into his tenure, what would have happened to those workers then?

Recently, the Gele woman who couldn't choose to resign to protect her name, revealed in a well publicized video that GEJ had zero will to save. Where there's shame, she will apologize to Nigerians for wasting our resources in times of abundance.

Nigerians indeed lack capacity for critical thinking. And it's the reason we will continue to be taken for a ride by the looters. We see those who genuinely are working for our betterment as enemies while blindly praising the real enemies as benefactors just because of crumbs of today. This is indeed very shameful!

Well Said!......He that have ears let him hear and know the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Deen77: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2016
odomanis:

Have you forgotten that so many Nigerians (millions)wanted GEJ to continue by voting for him ? Do you not see that even after losing the election by less than 3million votes, he still has a lot of followership and supporters ? It is only Ben Bruce that thinks he moved Nigeria forward,more than 40% of Nigerians thought so and now the number is even more because I have seen a lot of those who campaigned and voted for BMP that now regret doing so. Unfortunately, your Baba is reversing all the progress made.

Jonathan deceive Nigeria with borrow money.

Jonathan borrow over $28 billion and withdraw $13 billion from our reserve and another $10 FG share from ECA joint account.

Can you please see our survival resources from a germany bank analyst.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2016
tiwaz:
Ben Murray-Bruce, the outspoken senator representing Bayelsa east, on Wednesday said Nigeria made progress under former president Jonathan “Because he took responsibility and never blamed anyone for the challenges he met.”

Mr. Bruce, in a series of tweets said Jonathan praised his predecessors, adding that progress cannot be made “on reverse gear”.

He wrote: “Do you know why Nigeria was progressing under Jonathan? Because he took responsibility and never blamed anyone for the challenges he met.”

“Ask yourself when @GEJonathan ever blamed his predecessors. Instead of blaming them, he praised them. You can’t go forward on reverse gear!”

http://www.ngyab.com/news/why-nigeria-was-progressing-under-jonathan-ben-bruce/

Yet there is unemployment everything. are you not a fo.ol?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by phoenixcleans(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Buhari has a track record for failure. The same thing happened when he was military head of state in 2003. So many that voted for him were not born then or too young to know what happened. The person who actually ran the government then was his vice, Idiagbon.
WAS BUHARI HEAD of STATE in your village in 2003? HE was HD of State BTW 1983 and 1985. Then he brought sanity into the system and that is what IBB took away which led to the retrogression of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by 4four(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2016
todayboy:

We are the best economy in africa under Jonathan
and our economy was much better during ABACHA
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by spartan50(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2016
mmsen:

You cannot eat money.

Money sat idle does nothing for anyone.

You people are obsessed with 'reserves' rather than production or anything that would aid development.

Why don't you ask what OBJ did with all the money that was meant to be used to revitalize the electricity sector?

OBJ was simply an extension of the military era which is why Nigeria is where it is and why electing Buhari was foolish.

Why support him if you think he is an extension of the military era.
Look you are biased in your judgement and I think you should be more concerned about the economic policies this current government are implementing.
It makes no sense at all! And you know it but keep mute about it. Don't support this. The truth is your saviour is dumb and lost, so are his followers.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by currentbrands(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2016
Nigeria's resources was being squandered with impunity in time of abundance rather than saved.......What does one expect in tmes like dis?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by aphixiano(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2016
Blame no one for being poor
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by CosmicJames(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2016
Oblang:
Una go jst dey shout progress progress during gej time. Abeg which progress be that. Do we have smooth road or uninterrupted power supply. Nonsense...
Don't worry, ur eye go soon clear -by 2018
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by OBAGADAFFI: 11:02am On Sep 08, 2016
4four:
and our economy was much better during ABACHA

Did you just typed that?

What economy do we have during Abacha regime?

ABACHA STOVE? undecided
Re: Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce by Deen77: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Didn't you just said an imaginary economy was destroyed for 16 years?

There was no serious economic activity before 1999.

Nigeria Foreign Exchange Reserves 1998-2016

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/foreign-exchange-reserves

Yes, but d Oil boom under democracy is an opportunity for Nigeria. OBJ was able to pay our debt and save, increase worker's salary.

Jonathan come lavish the savings and lives us in debt of over $60 billion with just $30 billion reserve when a country like Algeria save $155 billion.

Below is a foreign analyst.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / ‘Entire PDP Ward’ In Akwa Ibom Defects To APC / Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.