Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians (37816 Views)

This Is The CHANGE We Promised Nigeria - Lai Mohammed (photo) / We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Misterdhee1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
undecidedYoruba:
When will PMB change from being a bigot, religion fanatic and cheap lies.

Anytime he rears his gworo head it is mayhem and hunger.
Bigot? Religion fanatic? Just because he implored you to change? Social media has really given slowpokes like you the privilege to use terms anyhow you deem fit. Don't worry, u do not need to change, those that will change, will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by chiedu7: 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
NIGERIANS YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY APC!

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by sunnyside16(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
and it s obvious we have entered one chance

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by greatermax77(m): 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
My people, my people. una see the change una voted for? why u know tell them say nah behavioural change u wan bring for them before election nah?
But what manner of Change do u want from a hungry man, to become reasonable? A hungry man do 'nt reason well. a lot of civil servants in Nig today are partialy mad. if u want to know go near them the day the recieve alart, you will see them mumuring & quarelling with themselves. Just wait for them. u think this is 1985

6 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Omeny: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
#ChangeBeginWithAPC. It was APC that promised Nigerians Change n nt d reverse.They should atleast fulfil half of their promises 2Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ghost447(m): 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
LoveJesus87:
dats d problem. He didn't fool himself, he fooled Nigerians because Nigerians are so unimaginably brainless and unspeakably stupid. How can one man just waltz in from nowhere Nd tell u dat he will make $1 equal to #1, na im papa get d dollar? Even d U.S dat owns d dollar can't make dat possible Nd yet Nigerians believed it because he get PhD for economics abi? Nigerians deserve every bit of what comes their way from dis their 'economics expert' because dey put him der! Foolish set of 200 million people!
A little above 15 million gullible people put Buhari there, not 200 million people.

6 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ximonak: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
989900:

I posted the below on another thread:

Inspirational words from 'Baba', so, so apt, 'oya', "put your money where your mouth is" 'Bubu', let the change start with you by selling off a few of the PAF as promised among other little things you can do to push this deep into the minds of your subjects, that shouldn't be hard to do; let the change start with you my lord -- a very good place to start -- "esin iwaju ni ti eyin nwo sa're". undecided

On Point

1 Like

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by soulfood(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
APC is just a wishful thinking but incompetent PDP

1 Like

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by nototribalist: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
kropotkin2:
I agree with him
oya comot here

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
What is wrong in demanding for what they owe us?

The way he forgot to tell us this during his black propaganda campaign is the way he should shut up now and resign because the far I've seen his way of thinking and execution is not getting better.

What change is he still expecting from us? We have already sacrificed more than enough,even death for our so beloved government and country that regards us as slaves and beggars in our own Father land.

Anyone still defending Buhari and his government is cursed*spits*

Nigeria and Nigerians are great but our leaders are not qualified to to lead us. Corrupt,brainless crowns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
What is wrong in demanding for what they owe us?

The way he forgot to tell us this during his black propaganda campaign is the way he should shut up now and resign because the far I've seen his way of thinking and execution is not getting better.

What change is he still expecting from us? We have already sacrificed more than enough,even death for our so beloved government and country that regards us as slaves and beggars in our own Father land.

Anyone still defending Buhari and his government is cursed*spits*

Nigeria and Nigerians are great but our leaders are not qualified to to lead us. Corrupt,brainless ,greedy fowls.

1 Like

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by WesBreezy: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
Is this man alright at all?.. Did he put us in his campaign banner when he way terming et change?.. He should not tell us to change anything.. Patiently waiting for 2019. That's if APC no wash the western heads again!

5 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by biggie73(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Silence is the best answer for an idiot. 2019 should be fast forwarded...

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by chudyboy05(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by slimmromeo: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
i think Buhari is right
change begins with us. So please lets change and do the following

Change from peace loving to Agressive people
change from hiding behind social media and actually start carrying placcards
change from not steealing to thieves
change from law abiding to lawless folks

maybe, just maybe we can now see the change Buhari promised us

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
[b]All these kids on Nairaland who claim to be the future leaders yet they cannot understand that for any change to be sustainable or even relevant then it must begin with you and me same way we had war against indiscipline those days. Buhari does not work in all the ministries or local governments ...its people like you and i who do and until we make an effort to eradicate personal vices in us from where we live to where we do business to where we work then we would only be going round in circles and will never experience any form of change no matter what the government offers us.

If Parents of today still encourage their kids to engage in prostitution as to them all money na money (according to my edo or warri brethren) or those who encourage their kids to move drugs or engage in 419 (according to my owerri and other eastern brethren) or those whose children openly engage in oil bunkering and vandalism (my niger delta peeps) or engage in ritualism and cultism (my south westerners) how then can change be truly change?

This is a credible and praiseworthy move by PMB as we all must work together in order to achieve the Nigerian dream and paradise we seek. True change is never easy and never comfortable to those who have been used to moving in an opposite direction but its high time we began to preach INTEGRITY! LOYALTY! HONESTY! and not see actions like people returning lost but found money or reporting criminals or correcting a wrong doer as stupidity...which is what we have today....This is why abroad even your neighbour can call the cops on you if they suspect fowl play from you as we all need to be accountable to one another first and this echoes the very quote of JOHN F KENNEDY, "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY!"

I STAND WITH PMB!![/b]

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by dadabashua1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
Still on the matter... Pls what change do you expect from someone working for over 30 days and yet to receive pay for what he or she have worked for in months.... He should look for others ways to settle his family needs I guess... Pathetic,this the way I see the change begins with u.. No politician child should school abroad or go for medical check up also same with politicians, reps and Senate should cut the huge salaries and allowances, workers should be paid what they worked for, youth.. Both educated and uneducated should be empowered, our institutions of learning should be upgraded, we should all go back to farm same with the children of politicians, no politicians should go for medical check up abroad.. #changebeginswithyou

2 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Ok, I have accepted and changed my attitude, can I now enjoy the change Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Folzye(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
Deep sigh! Though there is a sense of truth in what the president is saying, the approach and delivery of the message is wrong...Mr president do not 4get you wield so much power and bulk of honest and helpless Nigerians look up to you, so be a little sensitive towards their plight

2 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by abike12(f): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
I didn't read this nonsense. These people must think we are crazy

1 Like

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by reptile1: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
W͢e͢ h͢a͢v͢e͢ a͢n͢ i͢d͢i͢o͢t͢i͢c͢ p͢re͢s͢i͢d͢e͢n͢t͢ w͢h͢o͢s͢e͢ l͢u͢n͢a͢t͢i͢c͢ b͢e͢h͢a͢v͢i͢o͢r h͢a͢s͢n͢'t͢ c͢h͢a͢n͢g͢e͢d͢ y͢e͢t͢ h͢e͢ w͢a͢n͢t͢s͢ N͢i͢g͢e͢ri͢a͢n͢s͢ t͢o͢ c͢h͢a͢n͢g͢e͢. H͢o͢w͢'s͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ p͢o͢s͢s͢i͢b͢l͢e͢?

1 Like

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by BloodOnMyHands: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
Looooooooolz, quotes from the world's dullest, unrealistic President!

Maybe he wants to mimic JFK's speech when he said , "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"

We're in an unprecedented economic situation and our dullard in chief is asking us to change!!!

Do we make economic policies? Does my attitude affect oil price free fall?

Buhari go and diversify the economy, stop the Naira from falling and open the various ports in the South south regions.

Stop making un-president-like comments. God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by openmine(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
Beremx:
imagine?

angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by diva90: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
He's right! Change is not just for the government to create, the citizens have to be willing to make it happen as well. Why is America the way it is today? The citizens are extremely patriotic towards every and anything concerning their nation.
The government will play its role but the citizens need to support the government. You will never hear of people bombing oil pipes or policemen killing someone because they didn't give them bribe or government officials encouraging extremely corrupt practice in other developed countries but in nigeria this is practically a norm. Even the average Nigerian young child has a corrupt mindset. How can we move forward with all this? We need to work hard towards making nigeria a better place and like our dear president said. The change is not just in government hands but in our hands too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by KoldKash(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
You should have told us so before the elections. Terms and Conditions are explicitly explained and agreed to prior to the signing of any contractual agreement as any distortion to it post agreement is a Bridge of Contract.

Shifting the goalpost in the middle of the game is criminal and hence,punishable in any legislation.

Therefore,you are in your own right a very corrupt person. Little wonder why you want the change to start with you.

3 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Omoluabi16(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
I am so glad I never voted this man. When I saw how ignorant people were last year, I though it was the zombie apocalypse. People even went as far as vowing to vote him even if he just had a nepa certificate.Most of these people were graduates, but they refused to make use of their bwain. We forgot his terror in 84. People gullible sha! The Apc obviously had no agenda, their only aim was to Take over power which they have done. Initial gragra what has happened to the diezani loot? dasuki's loot? while nigerians go hungry we keep chasing corruption.We keep looking to score cheap political points.We confront Shiite today, ipob tomorrow, NDA next. To save face, you blame the previous administration.The PDP were no saints either, but the Apc said they were on a rescue mission not blaming vision.

how do we measure our individual change this president is asking for? Giving us Nigerians conditions. I no blame dem, na people wey vote them.

The best we can still do is pray for our leader irrespective of party affiliation, make God touch their life, and for urself. If God blesses you, you no go reason economy at all.

4 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by BloodOnMyHands: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[b]All these kids on Nairaland who claim to be the future leaders yet they cannot understand that for any change to be sustainable or even relevant then it must begin with you and me same way we had war against indiscipline those days. Buhari does not work in all the ministries or local governments ...its people like you and i who do and until we make an effort to eradicate personal vices in us from where we live to where we do business to where we work then we would only be going round in circles and will never experience any form of change no matter what the government offers us.

If Parents of today still encourage their kids to engage in prostitution as to them all money na money (according to my edo or warri brethren) or those who encourage their kids to move drugs or engage in 419 (according to my owerri and other eastern brethren) or those whose children openly engage in oil bunkering and vandalism (my niger delta peeps) or engage in ritualism and cultism (my south westerners) how then can change be truly change?

This is a credible and praiseworthy move by PMB as we all must work together in order to achieve the Nigerian dream and paradise we seek. True change is never easy and never comfortable to those who have been used to moving in an opposite direction but its high time we began to preach INTEGRITY! LOYALTY! HONESTY! and not see actions like people returning lost but found money or reporting criminals or correcting a wrong doer as stupidity...which is what we have today....This is why abroad even your neighbour can call the cops on you if they suspect fowl play from you as we all need to be accountable to one another first and this echoes the very quote of JOHN F KENNEDY, "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY!"

I STAND WITH PMB!![/b]
Your Buhari is uniquely dull!!!

What has that change got to do with our economic recession? As we converse this minute, Nigeria's economy is on life support machine and you're telling me about obeying traffic light? Or treating my neighbour fine?

You and Buhari have monomania; that's over fixation on trivial.

No wonder he was chasing a few individuals who stole public funds with all the nations resources while the economy got worse and Nigeria bleeds.

Buhari is mentally and physically debilitated to rule this country--- any country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by diva90: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I STAND WITH PMB!![/b]

I agree with you! Only the realistic and enlightened individuals on this thread will see the sense in the what you have written.
Other developed countries are where they are today because they are oblivious of the fact that it takes collective efforts of government and citizens to make a country work well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Omoluabi16(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I STAND WITH PMB!![/b]
Deluded much?

3 Likes

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Standing5(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
All I can say is wow!

People like standing5 and nextprince and hungerbad will so avoid this thread Luke leprosy undecided

Thank God modath has been delivered.

Come 2019 we all have to put hands together to chase out these fools from aso rock cry
Are you saying there isn't the need for Nigerians to change also. Buhari is serving the change he promised but for it to well felt we must change attitude and mindset. You are an example.
Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ohamzee: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
kropotkin2:
I agree with him
@ mod this is a machine. block it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Payment Of Pension To Pardoned Biafra Police / $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called / Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.