Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? (65276 Views)

Man Who Witnessed An FRSC Official Smashing A Man's Car Explains What Happened / Robbery Incident In Bayelsa, Suspect Shot By JTF (Photos) / Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 10, 2016
The MOD that brought this to front-page deserve commendation for the clean-up/ sanitation exercise. Abeg well done.

Moves out of thread to look for more stories...

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by whizcartel(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2016
uyi26:
respect yourself. I'm not a rapist. I don't need to rape a woman. My money can get me any woman I want.
Smh... I'm sure your friend thought about that too. and now he is a rapist! Don't let it be you my friend. Don't let money fool you.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Lordkylie(f): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2016
uyi26 you still dey make mouth abi?Human rights activists go use you chop for this one.
Instead of apologizing and being remorseful for your inhuman and ill thought out actions,you're bragging.Keep defending yourself(so called friend)you will go down together!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Appareil(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2016
Instead of shouting out his name immediately after you saw him and you had returned to the sitting room which could have saved the girl and keep your conscience clear before God, you decided to allow the wicked act happen. Pray the enemy who saw you doesn't repay you closely. That your foolish friend sef!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by dare2differ: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2016
The spending was done out of free will. If he wanted spending in return for sex, we get prostitutes. She didn't force him to have spend on her therefore she shouldn't be forced to have sex with him!

DonMekino:
I didn't read anywhere where the lady in question made any monetary demands from d dude...wateva money u spent was done out of freewill without force. and who says dat spending on her guarantees u access to her punna...and d op u watched while d act was done...u report and u are an accomplice

I hv no advice to offer just to tell ppl who think dat d girl got served dat its wrong..a crime was committed and u guys r flogging d wrong horse...I think we are losing our sense of human decency....man truly can be more animal than d ones in d bush

7 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Adinije(f): 9:27am On Sep 10, 2016
Beamborla:

From his original post, he did not commit any crime against the law but he has committed a great crime against humanity. He didn't aid nor abet the act, he actually turned his face.

My opinion, though. What I understand
One can commit crime in two ways
1. Commission (The act of actually committing the crime)
2. Omission (Failing to stop a crime when you can)

OP You are an accomplice and you are as guilty as your friend. Maybe the same fate befall your own.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by beautiful232(f): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2016
for the girl....when your not ready to go out with a guy
nothing of him should interest you
his money,his gift and all of that

and for the dude.....not all the girls you spend money you need something in return

if you can't give without getting something in return....then there are lot of pay as you go

...sex is cheap...stop the animal act

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2016
ireneony:
geez no matter what..

The fact u stood there .when ur friend torn her clothes and beat her...is unforgivable. .

U had the opportunity to set things right but you did nothing.
Are you trying to say you can't help someone in a bad situation.
How will u feel if tomorrow you are in a situation when u will need help, yet someone that's supposed to help you turn a blind eye. undecided

I'm sure the money he's claiming he spends on her is fast food and recharge cards.

A rapist is a rapist!

Be sincere with yourself, you know what your friend did was bad.

What i will advice u is for u to ask ur friend to beg the lady and seek for forgiveness. .since u said u don't want to snitchh.

I understand what you're saying. That's what you should have said earlier instead of the insults. I've called the girl in question this and we have arranged to meet today. I've equally apologized on my friend's behalf and I equally told her to please forgive me for not stopping it when I had a chance to. I'm equally prepared to compensate her with 200k and my friend is will to add another 200k so that she can forget about the whole matter. I know it's not easy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by dare2differ: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2016
You need to shut the fvck off!

Did the babe force the moronic soon to be jailed mumu to give her money? Don't worry sha, your blood shall pay what you have done to those women back to backcheesy

ucsparks:
Y'all judging OP should shut the Bleep up,, some fucking gold-diggers feel they can eat their cake and have it. If the guy didn't give her money now, she'll call him a wicked fellow.
And when she started collecting the money was she so dumb enough to knw that she'll have to pay back later?
Or does she think the guy is stupid and running a charity organization?
PLEASE THINK
Even oloshos are better than that Bleep girl cos they knw they've got to pay back. WE DON'T FUCKING PLUCK MONEY FROM TREE DUMB FUCKING GOLD-DIGGING HOES

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by addicted268(f): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2016
Boss13:

You just witnessed a crime and injustice that does not make you cool. I understand you are caught in between the emotional ties with your friend and doing the right thing, but the disgusting thing is to feel cool about not being a snitch.

On the other hand, the word nigga is derogatory, it a contemptuous term used to refer to a black person. Please switch up your morals and ethical behaviour and contribute to a society that stands for integrity, honesty and unbiased behaviour. That young lady is a human being regardless of the circumstances that may have played out. NO MEANS NO.
Wow. I respect you. Thank you for the wise words.
Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2016
Bro the truth is DAT u just reported urself by urself...nairaland has so many amebo...very soon police would come knocking on ur door. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by whizcartel(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2016
byvan03:
What goes around comes around. You have no business reporting but you are as evil as your friend. You could have stopped this crime from happening but you didn't. The world is cyclic, what you give is what you will get. Today it's a random girl, who knows who it will be tomorrow.
Even if she reports. She has the right to mention him as a witness. and if the court hears that he saw the crime happen and he didn't report the incident. The state, Women rights NGO's can take up his case and sue him for obstruction of justice. He just made a mistake posting what happened on a public platform.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by fromnigeria(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2016
uyi26:
My day has been so messed up. I went to see a friend of mine in his house. I was surprised the door wasn't locked and even the gate wasn't locked. I decided to help myself to a drink from his bar as soon as I entered the living room. As I was about serving myself, something told me to check on him in his room to see if he's there. As I approached his room I started hearing sounds. I decided to know what the noise was all about without making a sound.

Only for me to see a girl begging my friend to please have mercy on her and my friend was telling her to shut-up and comply. He was even beating the girl and have even torn her clothes. The girl was weeping bitterly and after about 20mins I decided to pretend I was just coming in by calling his name. He then told me to please wait for him in the living room. He joined me in the living room after about 10mins. I asked why he was breathing heavily and he told me that he just finished having sex with a girl. I confronted him with the truth and he opened up. He said he has been dating this girl for and that he has been spending money on her but she refused him sex. He said he used today's incident to recover all the money he has spent on her.

I'm really stuck between the devil and deep blue sea right now. The girl in question wants me to help report the issue to the police cos she's scared of being stigmatized. On the otherhand, the guy in question is my childhood friend. I can't imagine snitching on my homie and brother. I know it's wrong for him to have raped her but why would a girl be demanding for stuffs from a guy when she knows she's not willing to play ball.
re-read your piece and see for yourself how you have already passed judgement and don't need any advice.

First you could have been able to save this girl from fhe crutches of your monster friend, instead you relaxed, sat down with a drink and observed the damage done.

If the girl were your sister? Would you have come here and ask us why your sister should be this or that, and should not be saved and helped.

You and your friend seem like birds of same feather my friend.
You are an accomplice in crime.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2016
uyi26:
My day has been so messed up. I went to see a friend of mine in his house. I was surprised the door wasn't locked and even the gate wasn't locked. I decided to help myself to a drink from his bar as soon as I entered the living room. As I was about serving myself, something told me to check on him in his room to see if he's there. As I approached his room I started hearing sounds. I decided to know what the noise was all about without making a sound.

Only for me to see a girl begging my friend to please have mercy on her and my friend was telling her to shut-up and comply. He was even beating the girl and have even torn her clothes. The girl was weeping bitterly and after about 20mins I decided to pretend I was just coming in by calling his name. He then told me to please wait for him in the living room. He joined me in the living room after about 10mins. I asked why he was breathing heavily and he told me that he just finished having sex with a girl. I confronted him with the truth and he opened up. He said he has been dating this girl for and that he has been spending money on her but she refused him sex. He said he used today's incident to recover all the money he has spent on her.

I'm really stuck between the devil and deep blue sea right now. The girl in question wants me to help report the issue to the police cos she's scared of being stigmatized. On the otherhand, the guy in question is my childhood friend. I can't imagine snitching on my homie and brother. I know it's wrong for him to have raped her but why would a girl be demanding for stuffs from a guy when she knows she's not willing to play ball.

Idiot! Ur childhood frnd has std's abi?

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by seangy4konji: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2016
Abeg make Una Go sit down somewhere with all this rubbish talk jare

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2016
dare2differ:
Don't worry ,your daughters and sisters go know the repercussions grin

really... Don't start this here pls...why will u collect money from someone...is he her father

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by ireneony(f): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2016
uyi26:
I understand what you're saying. That's what you should have said earlier instead of the insults. I've called the girl in question this and we have arranged to meet today. I've equally apologized on my friend's behalf and I equally told her to please forgive me for not stopping it when I had a chance to. I'm equally prepared to compensate her with 200k and my friend is will to add another 200k so that she can forget about the whole matter. I know it's not easy.
better do that..
20years imprisonment is real.

The reason why I'm angry it's because I'm a lady and i know how it feels.
Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by dare2differ: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2016
She force am make him spend ?

Make you no worry, Person go reap on your sisters and daughters too. Poverty stinking thing ! Rapist !

Drew0:

Guy lock up.

Nothing concern you.

Person spend e sweat make him no reap again?

Or how u go feel if u work for one full month and ur boss no gree pay u salary.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by lovethchioma(f): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2016
Pascalville:
its unfair but she got what she deserved and how come where they alone in the house together..she even have mind to visit a boy alone...what does she expect... Is it to read the bible together

Why do you reason like this huh?
So because a lady visits your house, it automatically means she wants sex? The world is no longer sane.

As for the Op just mark my words... You could have saved the situation but you decided to do nothing, you are going to reap what you have done in a 100 folds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? by ifeomaekol(f): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2016
Uyi26 rape is rape period n as long as its wasn't consenual on her part ur frd raped her n weda u report or not, weda she reports or not or decides to bear d truma , ur frd ll reap wat he has sown-oneday/ someday. Uyi26 u could hav prevented dt rape n d consequences of wat ll follow maybe nw or later----God took u to dt place @dt particular point in time to prevent this act bt u refused to heed to ur inner spirit. U could hv opened dt door, n stopped him frm an act dt ll read into generations. U bringing d matter here shows that ur conscience is still pricking u cos u kw dt wat he did was wrong n u jux stood watching. Beware karma is real. And yes the girl isn't free of blame, but my point is there are things we do now n it stays forever wt us like our shadow- it doesn't end wt us but it becomes transgenerational. Am really disappointed @u uyi26 cos u could hv prevented that rape. Nobody should quote me---i jux wrote my mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Bernadette, Gildas Tohouo's Wife Murder Update: Why We Killed Her - Suspect / Prophet Beats Sick Man To Death During Deliverance In Delta / Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.