Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54392 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by adedayoa2(f): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.
1 Corinthians 8
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Subconscious(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Only a few rational people I see here...

But is it right to collect money from a moslem?

I wonder how some Christians function

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by irepsuccess: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:
It is wrong.

The question you must ask youself are the following:

1. Are they killing the Ram as sacrifice to God the father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

2. Did they mention the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy spirit when killing the ram?

3. The prayer during and after the killing of the ram is it in the name of Jesus Christ ?

If all these answers are no then the meat is not for the children of God.

Every true born again children of God with holy spirit in him knows that it's wrong to eat the meat.

Jesus is Lord.

so, u dont eat suya?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Youngzedd(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
See rubbish question of the week.

Bro anywhere you fit see awuuf food, better go chop before something do you.

Hunger is in the land.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by socrates007: 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
What goes into a man does not defile a man what proceeds from the heart of a man.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by sjamiu25: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
teacherbim:

So u no no sey u dey craze
not crazy but He is ibilisa's messager

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
So, una carry religion enter meat again.
Smh!
Theres definately no harm in it except you obsessively think so. Its just a thing of the mind...and so its religion.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
mastermind2020:
it is very wrong eating it...read 1 corinthians chapter 10 from verse 7 to verse 23

[b]The problem i have with believers of today is the fact that they do not follow true scripture but act out of fear. The word of God abhors fear...It declares "Perfect Love casts away fear"...Jesus ate with sinners because he had to identify with them for the sake of the gospel..All these unnecessary walls we build around ourselves as believers are wrong as we have been sent into the world and also equipped to tackle the issues we might encounter in the world while on assignment such as not being hurt when we pick up or drink any deadly thing and nothing by no means being able to hurt us..many of us read these words and hear them being preached but never practice it.

God does not recognize idols so he expects His children not to recognize any idol either so when we are given food offered to idols and we refuse eating it it means we have recognized the idol but when we eat it as children of God we do so to the glory of God almighty. The only reason why God says we should not eat it is when in the presence of a young believer who is still fearful and who believes eating such is wrong so for the sake of his conscience and faith we must not eat but when alone or when they are not there then feel free to feast and break the bone with your teeth and lick your fingers an lips to the glory of God.

[size=15pt]
1 Corinthians 8 King James Version (KJV)

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
[/b][/size]

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
komododragons:
show me the verse that say we should eat food offer to idol undecided

be talking rubbish

[b]The problem i have with believers of today is the fact that they do not follow true scripture but act out of fear. The word of God abhors fear...It declares "Perfect Love casts away fear"...Jesus ate with sinners because he had to identify with them for the sake of the gospel..All these unnecessary walls we build around ourselves as believers are wrong as we have been sent into the world and also equipped to tackle the issues we might encounter in the world while on assignment such as not being hurt when we pick up or drink any deadly thing and nothing by no means being able to hurt us..many of us read these words and hear them being preached but never practice it.

God does not recognize idols so he expects His children not to recognize any idol either so when we are given food offered to idols and we refuse eating it it means we have recognized the idol but when we eat it as children of God we do so to the glory of God almighty. The only reason why God says we should not eat it is when in the presence of a young believer who is still fearful and who believes eating such is wrong so for the sake of his conscience and faith we must not eat but when alone or when they are not there then feel free to feast and break the bone with your teeth and lick your fingers an lips to the glory of God.

[size=15pt]

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by adeife16(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.
you are so wrong

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by henrynick(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:
It is wrong.

1. Are they killing the Ram as sacrifice to God the father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

2. Did they mention the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy spirit when killing the ram?

3. The prayer during and after the killing of the ram is it in the name of Jesus Christ ?

Every true born again children of God with holy spirit in him knows that it's wrong to eat the meat.

Jesus is Lord.

Where in the Good book that it's not right to eat the meat......but u dey eat cow meat abi and suya.....do you have any idea that all cows are owned by the sultan of sokoto......listen you re not educated nor enlightened honestly cos if you were you won't talk like a fool....our religion tells us to love our neighbors and remember Jesus ate with the Jews and the gentiles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Brightolanton(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
flamingREED:

You're wrong man.

So long as you're aware its offered to/blessed by the devil,
You eat to your soul's damnation.

1 Corinthians 10
20 BUT I SAY, THAT THE THINGS WHICH THE GENTILES SACRIFICE, THEY SACRIFICE TO DEVILS, AND NOT TO GOD: AND I WOULD NOT THAT YE SHOULD HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH DEVILS.

21 YE CANNOT DRINK THE CUP OF THE LORD, AND THE CUP OF DEVILS: YE CANNOT BE PARTAKERS OF THE LORD'S TABLE, AND OF THE TABLE OF DEVILS.

22 DO WE PROVOKE THE LORD TO JEALOUSY? ARE WE STRONGER THAN HE?

23 ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS ARE NOT EXPEDIENT: ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS EDIFY NOT.

25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
28 BUT IF ANY MAN SAY UNTO YOU, THIS IS OFFERED IN SACRIFICE UNTO IDOLS, EAT NOT FOR HIS SAKE THAT SHEWED IT, AND FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE: FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND THE FULNESS THEREOF:
29 CONSCIENCE, I SAY, NOT THINE OWN, BUT OF THE OTHER: FOR WHY IS MY LIBERTY JUDGED OF ANOTHER MAN'S CONSCIENCE?

31 WHETHER THEREFORE YE EAT, OR DRINK, OR WHATSOEVER YE DO, DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

32 GIVE NONE OFFENCE, NEITHER TO THE JEWS, NOR TO THE GENTILES, NOR TO THE CHURCH OF GOD:

33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, THAT THEY MAY BE SAVED.

There's a great difference between what is well known to be the devil's feast
And what is presented in the market place for sale or in a casual feast for entertainment.

FOR THE FORMER IT'S TRANSGRESSION TO EAT.
IN THE TWO FOLLOWING CASES, RESPECT THE CONSCIENCE OF OTHERS
You are blind bigot, who his ignorant of the simple reasoninng that not every gibberish is suitable for this platform.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by drmuri(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
@_spice 123. every heavenly religion believes truthfulness is next to godliness. for personal reasons; you may decide to abstain from eating Sallah meat; that is perfectly normal but for you to lie about Muslims using Sallah meat to wash away sin and bad luck shows how daft and bias you are.
well if you don't genuinely know. Muslims don't believe the blood or flesh of either animal or human can wash away sin or avert badluck.
the purpose of the meat is clearly stated in the Quran .Allah does not need either the flesh or blood the piety in the heart during festivity (and beyond) is what matters. the meat is meant to be eaten and enjoyed. it is magnanimity that makes Muslims extend the delicious meat to neighbours and less priviledged. this is 21st century get your facts right.before spewing ignorance.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Boyooosa:

Can we eat a sacrifice strategically placed at the junction tooo? (well packaged sha o)

You can eat whatever to the glory of God according to your faith. It is not what goes into a man that defiles him but what comes out of him. As a believer i recognize no idol and they have no authority over me...I only acknowledge the almighty God and as his servant i will eat whatever is presented to me even if the devil himself prepared it specially for me an i will do it with thanksgiving to God.

I have eaten from shrines on a number of occasions while on crusade work to several interior villages here in Nigeria so let all be done by faith
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Godsate: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
izzou:

Am a Christian but this is the dumbest post I have ever seen on nairaland this year

Whooooooohhh

U
Abeg which church you dey attend! cool

I know that you are a muslim. You can't understand what I'm saying for you don't have Holy Spirit in you.

It shows in you this your comment.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
in my own opinion, It is not wrong to eat because the ram is a sacrifice to Allah and Allah means God not idol. I am a christian and i believe we are serving the same God but what baffles me is that we(Christians) believe Isaac was the one replaced with the ram but Muslims says it is Ishmael but all the same I will always eat it unless I see a vision not to eat it again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by sjamiu25: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
komododragons:
lol! I don't celebrate Christmas and easter.

gullible Christian do celebrate what there don't know

abi ooo @gadd... they know nothing about their religion.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by olly12: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is a doctrine that started from the father of faith Abraham. If you query the Muslims you are querying the father of all nations.

That been said bible said eat everything good and give thanks to God.

Stop reading the other side of the bible.

Anyways many Christians are not following the Bible again

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by nurusystem(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
Can you give your Christmas food to a Muslim and he eat it? A serious Muslim will eat. The food and meat they eat are offered to idol

I dont get ur statement,be straight forward,it is permeated in islam to eat the christian food under some condition,if such meat is not poke meat, & if the meat is slaughter in the name of 1 God properly, bisimillah it eatable.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ensamy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
See many many pharesee christians here trying to stop a fellow christian from eating ram offered to him by a moslem with a good heart. In Matth 9:10,11 and Mark 2:13-17 Jesus eat with publicans, Jews, moslems, tax collectors etc and same pharisees as we have here started condemning. Abeg there is nothing wrong with eating the ram. Jesus says eat.
Galatians 2:11 Peter was eating with the gentiles and when he saw some other brethren from James he started withdrawing and Paul condemned him for his act of withdrawal because they is nothing wrong thwith eating with themm
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by HOTARIO(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
The level of ignorance displayed by some NLs is out of this world. Even if you are not a Muslim, a little research (if mischief is not intended), will reveal to you the origin of the practice. Read people. Read and be enlightened

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Boyooosa(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

You can eat whatever to the glory of God according to your faith. It is not what goes into a man that defiles him but what comes out of him. As a believer i recognize no idol and they have no authority over me...I only acknowledge the almighty God and as his servant i will eat whatever is presented to me even if the devil himself prepared it specially for me an i will do it with thanksgiving to God.

I have eaten from shrines on a number of occasions while on crusade work to several interior villages here in Nigeria so let all be done by faith
ok
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by komododragons: 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

[size=15pt]

[/b][/size]

where is it written that we should it eat meat offer to idol freely?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by irepsuccess: 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
it is simple, just make sure u reject d food when they giv u nd dont collect it jex to pretend as if u aint gullible. i dont know why some nigerians cnt just use dia common sense on simple matas. no be by force 2 eat ram nah, nobody dy force or beg anybdy 2eat nah.
like seh e possible make we gt a single rlgion
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by drmuri(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:
It is wrong.

Jesus is Lord.

this guy na confirm Mumu. the cow meat you have always eaten all your life that is slaughtered by abokis. do dey call name of Jesus or jehovah before they slaughter? once somebody is blinded by religious or ethnic bias; being incredibly stupid is a natural consequence.

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Feanah(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
drmuri:
@_spice 123. every heavenly religion believes truthfulness is next to godliness. for personal reasons; you may decide to abstain from eating Sallah meat; that is perfectly normal but for you to lie about Muslims using Sallah meat to wash away sin and bad luck shows how daft and bias you are.
well if you don't genuinely know. Muslims don't believe the blood or flesh of either animal or human can wash away sin or avert badluck.
the purpose of the meat is clearly stated in the Quran .Allah does not need either the flesh or blood the piety in the heart during festivity (and beyond) is what matters. the meat is meant to be eaten and enjoyed. it is magnanimity that makes Muslims extend the delicious meat to neighbours and less priviledged. this is 21st century get your facts right.before spewing ignorance.
pls tell her
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Godsate: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
irepsuccess:
so, u dont eat suya?

Suya meat is not attached to any religion. It's for businness.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by EROMS38(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
okosodo:
Very wrong because you are an infidel
hahahahaha,,,I dey tell u
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by gretblue: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
obiaguna:
Some Nigerians truly are brain dead and stuck in the mediaval ages. The same way Christians buy chicken and turkey during Christmas is the same way Muslim's buy rams and cow. Both are used to celebrate the season and there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating and partaking in any. Seriously we as Nigerians have a long way to go if a few lots are still thinking like they have no brain in their heads.
May God bless your soul my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by SAINTHUD(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Okay wait,I am not understanding,so if I eat meat now God go vex for me?,I don't know why people still raise issue over things that have no impact in propagating this Gospel of Christ. For heaven sake jesus ate and dinned with sinners and even invited himself to their gathering. Why can't we just shun religion and be christians? There are more important things to discuss in propagating this gospel than whether or not I am to eat a piece of meat.....
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:
It is wrong.

Jesus is Lord.

Jesus did not come to declare to you how to eat only those things that are prayed over in His name...He came to teach you how to live His kind of Life and His life is clearly laid out in the Scriptures for us to read. He ate with publicans and sinners and was not biased over anyone because He was sent to the lost and the sinner which He has in turn now sent us...

Every Born again child of God is led by the spirit of God and if God could send Jesus to die for us while we were yet sinners is it meat he would forbid us from eating?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ekhai(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op the person who asked you this question is one of the causes of the problems we are facing in this country. Where is the brotherly love we grew to meet in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lizard Tied To A Man's Car In The Night In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.